Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,903 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

H - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / H (2078 Views)

Presidency: The North Is Unstoppable Till 2023 — Yerima / Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution / The North Is Not Ready For The Truth - Sheikh Ahmed Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

H by poppincash: 1:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
Read Segun Adeniyi's backpage article on thisday and this article below was a comment on his page. Makes an interesting read-

''I just don't get some of you guys in Thisday. Segun, the Northern muslim folks (The Nigerian Cancer), are responsible for the economic mess Nigeria is going through because of the falling oil prices. You guys cannot eat your cake and have it. You must do things the RIGHT way, so that you enjoy the right things of life. The USA, runs a free market economy. When the price of oil goes up, we drive into the gas station with a frowned face, but guess what? for some weeks now, I've been driving into the gas station with so much smile on my face. I drive around without looking at my fuel gauge, I embark on road trip randomly,simply because fuel prices has plummeted ( from $3:80 down to $2:07, as at today),thanks to the FREE MARKET TRANSPARENT, FAIR and STABLE system of GOVERNMENT in the USA. Whether good or bad,They let the market to determine things.

Previous rulers from the Northern part of Nigeria, looted and mismanaged resources, yes, HISTORY MUST be told. Before Jonathan assumed office, what was the condition of all the refineries in Nigeria? Hausa Generals MISMANAGED the refineries and everything in the oil and gas sector. Refineries weren't functioning, and was used to siphon public funds every time ( TURN AROUND MAINTENANCE ). Strangely, Nigeria, became an importer of refined petroleum products long before Jonathan came on board. #Shame

Northern muslims REJECTED anything true federalism or resource control. If the north, ain't obsessed about the free money (OIL) from the Southern part of Nigeria, they would have developed their on resources and be self reliant. If oil producing states were allowed to control their resources, those oil producing states would have suffered the CONSEQUENCES of oil dependency alone( OIL BUST). As expected, North Dakota, Texas and other oil producing states are feeling the HEAT of falling oil prices alone, none oil producing states/ USA Government are going about their businesses, thanks to TRUE FEDERALISM. NIGERIA MUST BE RESTRUCTURED. It doesn't matter who wins the president, only true federalism can bring CHANGE.

I have said it here over and over, again, I'll repeat it on your page, Segun, Northern muslims are the BIGGEST problem in that country. Northern Nigeria, is the KILLING field of africa. From pre-independence till date, rioting, killing christians/southerners and violence, are the recurring headlines coming from that region ( wretched of the earth). Buhari, said, "dog and baboons will soak in blood" consequently, when he lost the 2011 election, Buhari's supporters went on rampage and kill hundreds of innocent people.

Segun,Why can't you guys call a spade by it's name? By telling the people that loves to shed blood, the people that shed the blood in 2011, the people "making Nigerian ungovernable for Jonathan" ( Boko Haram), to be sane for once. Jonathan, or PDP, hasn't made any threat, it's only Asari or other Niger delta individuals ( non public figures) that voice their opinions and the Niger Delta guys that spoke said, " they'll break away OR go back to the creek and make sure no OIL is being produced". ( individuals). On the other hand, Northern public figures, are the ones threatening BLOODSHED. How come the North are not willing to have their own country, instead of killing humans?

[b]Segun, any article that has to do with election violence and killings, should be addressed to Buhari and northern muslims, ( monsters). It's their trade. What does the North bring to the table? bomb and backwardness. Ngozi Iweala, have been screaming about over dependency on oil and the need for SAVING the oil revenue, they didn't listen, rather APC, Amechi and the north were busy attacking her, now The chicken has come home to roost. There is no sense in sharing money to states every month. The military Generals from the North bloated the fed. and created states out of "short sight " and greed. A a matter of urgency, any state that cannot generate revenue to support itself should be SCRAPPED. Nigeria's foundation was FRAUDULENT, the past/present system of government is FRAUDULENT (monthly allocation) and the RESULT of the foundation is what you have now. There is no miracle. I have said it, any objective mind will say the same thing, late president Gadaffi of Libya, once said it too, DIVIDE NIGERIA! It hasn't worked, it's not working and it's not going to work.[/b]

When will Nigeria be politically stable, then start talking about development?

Nigeria, shouldn't go through the route of Sudan!''

True or False?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: H by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2015
Very True

2 Likes

Re: H by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
Northern military rulers have bequeathed Nigeria with a constitution and governing structure that puts hausa Fulani in control no matter who occupies the presidencial seat. It is impossible for Nigeria to make appreciable progress under these conditions no matter who is in power.

3 Likes

Re: H by Aitee1: 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
They know the truth but they will never admit it!!!

6 Likes

Re: H by Kzinne: 1:41pm On Jan 01, 2015
So true the North has wrecked Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: H by Skillz02(m): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2015
Nigerians are Nigeria problem!!!!!

1 Like

Re: H by ChikezieU(m): 1:44pm On Jan 01, 2015
when leaders kill followers, some followers brain washing themselves, infinite greed in minds of individuals where does it leave us. The usual prayer GOD HELP US.
Re: H by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
Kzinne:
So true the North has wrecked Nigeria
YES

1 Like

Re: H by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2015
The same sets of crooks they repackaged as " change agent" who is deceiving who?

4 Likes

Re: H by Anazp: 1:52pm On Jan 01, 2015
Isnt it a pity that some people in the south are supporting Buhari to come back? Whys there traffic in Lagos today? who stole 2 billion dollars at NNPC back in the 80s and used a coup to stop his prosecution., Who banned free speech? You never know a man until you give him MONEY nad POWER. Those of you supporting Buhari better get your passports ready when he takes over.

4 Likes

Re: H by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2015
Unfortunately SW that claims to be the most sophisticated has joined the North to sabotage a new Nigeria out of greed for VP position without asking themselves how poverty will be eradicated from their region when the North do not believe in

1) Resource Control

2) Fiscal Federalism

3) Privatization

4) Political Federalism

5) Decentralization of Nigeria

6) Restructuring of Nigeria

6) Institutions giving detail account of their financial/other activities to the public through their websites/panels for public scrutiny every 3months.

Which are the fastest route to

I) economic diversification,
ii) citizenry prosperity
iii) political stability
iv) reduce corruption

These 7 points are the basis of True Federalism which can help Nigeria become a Super Power and a first world Nation.

4 Likes

Re: H by Aitee1: 2:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
JudismphD:
The same sets of crooks they repackaged as " change agent" who is deceiving who?

The worst is he doesn't even have the change they are ranting about...if not why hasn't he change the life of those in his immediate environs(alimajiris) if you visit the north and see the poverty level there you will weep for them...but they have alhajis and generals all over.

6 Likes

Re: H by ikweremilitant: 3:06pm On Jan 01, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
Unfortunately SW that claims to be the most sophisticated has joined the North to sabotage a new Nigeria out of greed for VP position without asking themselves how poverty will be eradicated from their region when the North do not believe in

1) Resource Control

2) Fiscal Federalism

3) Privatization

4) Political Federalism

6) Institutions giving detail account of their financial/other activities to the public through their websites/panels for public scrutiny every 3months.

ii) citizenry prosperity
iii) political stability
iv) reduce corruption

These 7 points are the basis of True Federalism which can help Nigeria become a Super Power and a first world Nation.
first u wil never see an apc rodent here.secoundly,d sw has an agenda to become d president by kiling buhari, the s.w snakes re never to be trustd

3 Likes

Re: H by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 01, 2015
ikweremilitant:
first u wil never see an apc rodent here.secoundly,d sw has an agenda to become d president by kiling buhari, the s.w snakes re never to be trustd

Unknown to SW

Buhari will do to them what his ancestors did to

Afonja

Awo

Mko

4 Likes

Re: H by Matthewbriggs(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
JudismphD:

That is what is really pissing me off. The high level of deceit. Old crooks packaged as the best thing since sliced bread.

3 Likes

Re: H by IGBOSON1: 5:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
Skillz02:
Nigerians are Nigeria problem!!!!!

^^^Keep on living in denial! While everyone should no doubt take a share of the blame....the lion-share should go to the greedy visionless megalomaniacs up north who see Nigeria first and foremost as a means for self-enrichment!
Re: H by tinkinjow: 5:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

1) Resource Control

2) Fiscal Federalism

3) Privatization

4) Political Federalism

ii) citizenry prosperity
iii) political stability
iv) reduce corruption

Until this is done, no northerner should be allowed to govern Nigeria...no matter whether the southern president performor not

1 Like

Re: H by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2015
tinkinjow:

Until this is done, no northerner should be allowed to govern Nigeria...no matter whether the southern president performor not

Gbam

1 Like

Re: H by luvmijeje(f): 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2015
The political elites are Nigeria's problem, that's is why we need a strong and capable leader who can stand toe-to-toe with them. #saiBuhari2015.

1 Like

Re: H by jamace(m): 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
JudismphD:
Don't mind them.
Even when Buhari is telling open lies to Nigerians about his academic certificates, some politically naive SE and SW are not bothered because they claim they want change. What change? Must the North cheat the rest of us to extinction before we become wise?

3 Likes

Re: H by PassingShot(m): 6:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
Let me pretend to agree with the writer from USA.

If the past leaders of northern extraction failed Nigeria, what have the leaders from the South achieved in the past sixteen years? In fact Jonathan from the SS has been the worst leader in the history of Nigeria and he has held power for just six years! You can imagine what Nigeria will become in another 4 years of his clueless leadership.

Not absolving any of the past leaders but unfortunately each and everyone of them was better than this Mr. Clueless. QED.
Re: H by ChikezieU(m): 9:08pm On Jan 01, 2015
i repeat, some people r leaving in self-denial and worst is impotent brain plus self brainwash =? U know the ans
Re: H by juman(m): 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2015
The peoples of southern nigeria have majorly been in control of this country since 1999 (obasanjo & jonathan = more than 12 years.).

Yet you people are solely blaming north for the failure of the country.

That more than 12 years are enough for sensible and responsible leaders to made the needed changes.
Re: H by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
PassingShot:
Let me pretend to agree with the writer from USA.

If the past leaders of northern extraction failed Nigeria, what have the leaders from the South achieved in the past sixteen years? In fact Jonathan from the SS has been the worst leader in the history of Nigeria and he has held power for just six years! You can imagine what Nigeria will become in another 4 years of his clueless leadership.

Not absolving any of the past leaders but unfortunately each and everyone of them was better than this Mr. Clueless. QED.

How has he been the worst?

He revived the railways.
He renovated the airports.
Foreign investors are trooping in and setting up manufacturing plants everyday.
Agricultural reforms are clear for everyone to see.
He frustrated the thieves out of PDP to APC.!!
He is no one's toy as obasanjo wanted.
Political assassination in Nigeria is extinct unlike obasanjo's era.
He is democratic, very democratic that his erstwhile ministers all lost their primaries except one!
Elections are free and fair or at least a semblance, unlike the past.

And all these and more he achieved when the north are hell bent on making his tenure ungovernable. Imagine what he would have done if the atmosphere was peaceful like obasanjo's time.

If he did all this and he's termed clueless, then I want to be clueless!

Please remind me again what obasanjo did in 8 peaceful years.. And what buhari achieved with his military might as head of state (not PTF)? Let's juxtapose them.

And lest I forget, Nigeria had always ranked 1st or 2nd most corrupt country worldwide, we are now 33rd!!! Just saying before you shout corruption that u can't prove.

2 Likes

Re: H by Skillz02(m): 6:59am On Jan 02, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Keep on living in denial! While everyone should no doubt take a share of the blame....the lion-share should go to the greedy visionless megalomaniacs up north who see Nigeria first and foremost as a means for self-enrichment!
Make we hear word abeg, i'm not being sentimental here you are also part of Nigeria problem. Nigeria wil only change if sentiment,tribalism,religious difference is wipe off in our heart. MSG to Northerners & Southerners to be specific...
Re: H by Grandmisty: 7:16am On Jan 02, 2015
juman:
The peoples of southern nigeria have majorly been in control of this country since 1999 (obasanjo & jonathan = more than 12 years.).

Yet you people are solely blaming north for the failure of the country.

That more than 12 years are enough for sensible and responsible leaders to made the needed changes.

To repair is easier than to destroy.

Nigeria shd breaks up into northern and southern nigeria it might just be the solution because we keep electing incompetent people to rule us.
Re: H by juman(m): 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Grandmisty:

Nigeria shd breaks up into northern and southern nigeria it might just be the solution because we keep electing incompetent people to rule us.

Those nigerian 'leaders' are too useless.
Re: H by citizenY(m): 12:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
Grandmisty:

I wan see am.

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Real Meaning Of Naira / Breaking News: DSS Denies Obua Death Rumour. / Hon Rotimi Amaechi Honoured Live On Channels Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.