Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! (25103 Views)

Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply / The Mace: A Weapon Of Power / Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Tekzyflex(m): 12:27am On Jan 03, 2015
Lies from the pit of hell fire.....have not seen light throughout today. I live in PH@Borikiri.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 03, 2015
Oh boi where I dey stay, last year we no dey see light pass 3 hours in a week.
Since July this year mehn, nothing less than 22 hours everyday, i dey tells u.
even the other side too, wey dey use different transmission line, 23-24 hours a day..
oh boi...we dey enjoy light for Aba, if I go my village for Obingwa, guy light na die....
if to say dem gree Barth finish dat project for my mama dem village, i for don dey even sell electric give people wey need for black market...but even as i dey type now, A.C dey blow my brain join, I no go villa, light dey, I dey enjoy dey tidy my runs guy.

GEJ u too much abeg, in PEJ's voice continuuuu!
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 03, 2015
Tekzyflex:
Lies from the pit of hell fire.....have not seen light throughout today. I live in PH@Borikiri.

Guy, dem curse dat PH for light matter sef?

when I been dey Ogbunabali two years ago, e dey be like light na contra band, Femie side too, light no dey pass 6 hours a day.

still e never improve......endure am bros, or pack come Aba.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Berbertunde17th: 3:52am On Jan 03, 2015
bbello28:
No be only ur area... Even here in osun state... Dz is d 6th day without power outage

Apc grin
Seriously man since Christmas even electricity here in osogbo has been superb tho twas good before but recently it's better

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 03, 2015
malachytochukwu:
I am based in Portharcourt, Rivers State, I am greatly surprised that there could be 24hrs of power supply in this country. Even in Transamadi where I stay, we hardly have power supply for 12hrs at a stretch! Here is different! We all complain when there is no power supply and I feel it will not be wise enough to keep queit now we have been having light 24hrs/day consecutively for 8days except for on the 30th that power supply was ceased for few hours. You may be wondering where in Nigeria this great thing is happening. It is in a village called Obollo Nkwo in Udenu LGA of Enugu State. I wish there could be a way to prove this claim, unfortunately, there isn't any. I am sorry but that's the truth. I hope there has been an improvement inpower supply in other parts of this great nation, especially where you are. May God bless whoever is responsible for this and may he/she encounter constant supply of God's blessing through out 2015. I wish you constant power supply too if you are not having one currently. Hit like if there has been an improvement in power supply in your area.
op dat is the way things are In enugu generally, i stay at enugu around garriki just adjacent 103 battalion of na, they hardly cease power here. unfortunately am serving at obollo-orie just before obollo-eke, in my side of udenu, their electric power was cut cos d community haven't paid their bills but I heard other places have power.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by DaBullIT(m): 4:42am On Jan 03, 2015
229 posts & 12788 views. 4:36am (Quote) (Report) 180 Likes (Like) 18 Shares (Share)

Looks like 12,608 Other people who viewed the post did not agree with you
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by axum: 4:48am On Jan 03, 2015
humnsikan:
This is why GEJ must be returned to Aso Rock come 2015. I was impressed when I listened to the Minister of Power speak on the state of power supply in Nigeria. I was the more impressed by the fact that there is a well designed pattern for continous improvement of our power supply. Only the blind and the paralyzed will fail to see and feel the atmosphere of fresh air this nation is experiencing in every sector. I personally feel as though we never had a military regime in this country. There is now clearly a headway. A vote for GEJ is a vote for light in all it ramification, while a vote of Buhari is a vote for darkness in all its ramification and a return to Egypt. I and many other Nigerians have determined not to return to Egypt, the land of bondage, with Buhari as its Pharoah. Let Buhari (pharoah) know that he will drown in the sea just like his predecessor the Egyptian pharoah, and His evil agenda against God's people will be thwarted big time. GEJ till Buhari repents.

I beg to differ sir, as my rights to rape any woman I want has been interfered with by the government. I am currently in prison at the moments and hired a jewish lawyer to defend me against these erroneous charges of rape. Is this not my basic right? Am I not in Nigeria, where 200 girls were kidnapped? Why is the government busying themselves with me, and not using resources to find those little girls? Am I high or does everyone not believe that the government has bigger fish to fry then little old me phucking girls who are immodestly dressed in the outskirts of Lagos?

I am not a rapist, and I use this funny story to make a point. My point is, everything has to start somewhere. You judge a government not by if all citizens have what they want, but how fast it is reliving these needs to the people, after all if we use your logic, than we should never elect any government as every government is a failure that does not give basic rights to it's citizens. The journey of a thousand miles, starts with a single step.

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 03, 2015
in benin city ugbowo/uselu precisely where i live it is darkness all year round since two years now. 30 minutes power every 5 days and if u are lucky it is 1 hour some days

people are really daft in dis country. celebrating mediocrity
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 03, 2015
Tinubu:
This is what happens when people start seeing their birthright as a privilege undecided

I weep for Nigeria embarassed

So our country has become so politically and economically sodomized, that its citizens can no longer distinguish 'basic amenities' from privileges.... angry

What the op wants us to do in this new year, is to roll out the drums and dance in the market-square because power supply has improved in some parts of the nation, while some areas are still in the Dark ages.

Constant power supply is our right..... Since the op has opened a thread rejoicing over power supply, he might as well open a thread thanking the government for his life, for the spaghetti he ate this morning, and for allowing him impregnate his wife as many times as possible without any restrictions whatsoever.... angry

million likes
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by adasco: 8:03am On Jan 03, 2015
In my area in Ajegunle-Alakuko axis in Alagbado we have not gotten light since 31st ,they only brought it for only 1:3 in the night.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by abbeywasc(m): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2015
tom29reloaded:
in benin city ugbowo/uselu precisely where i live it is darkness all year round since two years now. 30 minutes power every 5 days and if u are lucky it is 1 hour some days

people are really daft in dis country. celebrating mediocrity
i agree dt lyt in dt area is bad but not as bad as u painted it though i recently moved to dt area. its usually 2hrs/1.5hrs of light and 6/12hrs of darkness. the 12hrs darkness is more rampant during d weekends, but lyt dia is quite bad, cant wait to move out of dt area.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by obamartins(m): 8:33am On Jan 03, 2015
Parolee:

Actually for Nigeria this is where the problem / challenge is. You can not be generating 4000MW for such a large population and hope there is / will be light for everybody. 4000MW for upto 170million people is close to nothing. What about industries, firms, where do they get their supply from? Everybody has to share the 4000MW

And what is even painful it's the fact that it takes quite a long time to build power stations. Anything between 3 and 6 years for a 4500MW station. Nigeria has got a lot of hard work to do. You need a lot more - seriously a lot.

Comparing with the South African situation:
Currently SA generates at 39150MW and soon will be about 48000MW with a population of 52million people.

Nigeria with a population of plus 165million should do with a generating capacity of around 168000MW. Currently sitting at 4000MW, there is a difference of 164000MW that must still be attained to - and with a generating capacity of up to 6000MW per station - at the most 27 more stations has to be built.

May the powers that be in that country find the courage to face this challenge head on assist the nation. It would be very good for the entire African continent if this could be done.
If previous administrations had invested in power, it wouldn't have been this bad, but whether u like it or not, GEJ has invested massively in the power sector and the dividend is gradually coming to fruition, u don't expect what was neglected for over 40years, to be fixed overnight. Turbines are not built overnight. The truth is that there is a conscious effort by the GEJ administration to address this power issue and once all the turbines are completed and fed to the national grid, that eureka moment will stare at us in the face. I don't need no mallam to come reverse the trend and the wheel of progress because that is what they are good at. God forbid Buhari be the president of Nigeria, God forbid. He is so visionless and i will continue to say that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by obamartins(m): 8:42am On Jan 03, 2015
kenex4ever:
na xmas cause am. Companies n shops dat consume d power has closed 4 d year
Not true, its been like that for 2months now.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by kenex4ever(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2015
obamartins:
Not true, its been like that for 2months now.
I pray so sha
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Tekzyflex(m): 9:54am On Jan 03, 2015
Normality:

Guy, dem curse dat PH for light matter sef?

when I been dey Ogbunabali two years ago, e dey be like light na contra band, Femie side too, light no dey pass 6 hours a day.

still e never improve......endure am bros, or pack come Aba.

Am brother I dey reasoning the packing out ooo
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by vikeyz(m): 11:29am On Jan 03, 2015
over here in taiwan we use lanterns 24hrs

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by pato255(m): 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
Tinubu:
This is what happens when people start seeing their birthright as a privilege undecided

I weep for Nigeria embarassed

So our country has become so politically and economically sodomized, that its citizens can no longer distinguish 'basic amenities' from privileges.... angry

What the op wants us to do in this new year, is to roll out the drums and dance in the market-square because power supply has improved in some parts of the nation, while some areas are still in the Dark ages.

Constant power supply is our right..... Since the op has opened a thread rejoicing over power supply, he might as well open a thread thanking the government for his life, for the spaghetti he ate this morning, and for allowing him impregnate his wife as many times as possible without any restrictions whatsoever.... angry

God bless u for opening their eyes

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by pato255(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
that's because phcn officials have gone on new year's break. wait let them return u to the glory dark days.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by malachytochukwu(m): 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
I never anticipated that everybody will agree with me, however, the level of acceptance from most people is overwhelming. I wish to also say that it appears u seldom read inbetween the lines, otherwise u would have read that I said that even in transamadi where I live, we hardly have good power supply per day
DaBullIT:

229 posts & 12788 views. 4:36am (Quote) (Report) 180 Likes (Like) 18 Shares (Share)

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by malachytochukwu(m): 1:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
I never anticipated that everybody will agree with me, however, the level of acceptance from most people is overwhelming. I wish to also say that it appears u seldom read inbetween the lines, otherwise u would have read that I said that even in transamadi where I live, we hardly have good power supply per day. Don't also forget that its not all posts that u view that u must comment even when it tallies or otherwise with ur opinion.
DaBullIT:

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Charles4075(m): 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
Op, abeg nor dey lie... Here at upper mission extension, no light since last year joor.. Nor dey feed us lie for here.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Akainzo(m): 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
malachytochukwu:
I never anticipated that everybody will agree with me, however, the level of acceptance from most people is overwhelming. I wish to also say that it appears u seldom read inbetween the lines, otherwise u would have read that I said that even in transamadi where I live, we hardly have good power supply per day. Don't also forget that its not all posts that u view that u must comment even when it tallies or otherwise with ur opinion.

The truth however differs from what you are saying. For there to be an improvement in power supply across the nation, then we needed to have increased our power generation. However, the reverse is the case as power generation across the nation actually decreased!

It is widely reported in the papers and an excerpt is below. Note that for any improvement in power in your area, somewhere else has been denied that power since the total generation is not enough to go across the nation.

Power generation fell to 2,900MW in Q3 —Report

DECEMBER 31, 2014 BY OKECHUKWU NNODIM 19 COMMENTS
print

A power transmission facility.
A power transmission facility.
Average power generation declined to 2,900 megawatts per hour in the third quarter of 2014, down from 3,250MW/h recorded in the second quarter of the year.

Despite efforts to increase power generation to at least 5,000MW before the year ends, latest figures from the third quarter economic report of the Central Bank of Nigeria showed that the country lost 350MW/h of generated electricity during the review period.

In August, the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, in a document put together by the Petroleum and Power ministries, the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission and the CBN, said the country’s gas-fired power plants would be maintained so that the 5,000MW target could be attained before the end of the year.

Alison-Madueke had said her ministry was focusing on a number of gas projects that would help to cushion the effect of supply shortage in the short term, adding that the projects were at various stages of maturation and would be concluded before the end of the year.

“These projects should unlock an additional of 370 million cubic feet per day of gas, assuring us of a total of 5,000MW (inclusive of hydro) within the four to five months to the year end,” she stated.

But the CBN, in its latest report, stated that the average electricity generation and consumption fell during the third quarter.

The bank said, “At 2,900MW/h, estimated average electricity generation fell by 10.8 per cent, compared with the level attained in the second quarter of 2014. The development was attributed to the shutdown of the Utorogu and Ugheli East gas plants for maintenance.

“At 2,867MW/h, the estimated average electricity consumption fell by 5.8 per cent, compared with the level attained in the second quarter of 2014. The decline in electricity consumption was attributed to the fall in power generation, transmission and distribution.”

The Minster of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, stated that in November, Nigeria lost about 1,200MW of electricity as a result of the rupturing of pipelines that supplied gas needed to fire the power generation plants.

He stated that the country’s power generation fell from about 4,600MW, which was attained earlier in November, to about 3,600MW.

Nebo said, “Sometimes, people don’t understand what is happening. For instance, for about four weeks or so, until about two weeks ago, we were generating a minimum of 4,200MW. Sometimes, we generate 4,300MW and 4,400MW, plus spinning reserves of over 200MW.

“But all of a sudden, vandals hit both the eastern and the western axis, disrupted the flow of gas to the turbines and we had to shut down the power stations and lost over 1,200MW.”

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
bbello28:
No be only ur area... Even here in osun state... Dz is d 6th day without power outage

Apc grin
PDP jerie
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by sleekman(m): 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Y'all must be joking.

The country produces less than 4000 MW and the whole place starts getting lights up ? So where the electricity coming from ?
I believe d authorities have changed strategy. Currently produced electricity should be about 10-12GW. They are adopting and transiting to smart power grids as compared 2d ordinary power grids that existed b4. Through this method each state can be connected to d gas network thereby producing their own power. Some states are beginning 2 buy into this especially electricity that will power public infrastructure. Also, lots of companies eg Dangote, Lafarge et al are generating their own power and some are already supplying d excess into d national grid. National grid max capacity stood @ 6000MW but now its about 6700MW. B4 feb it will be hitting 10,000MW.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by DaBullIT(m): 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
malachytochukwu:

I read everything you wrote , and I keep monitoring the post , I'm sure you thought the likes will be like 1000 by now , but it isn't , more than 400 people think you loved and power is not stable , if I do not call your attention , some mofo's will use your post to campaign for GEJ and amplify it more than you did

I don't want that to happen and so I'm saying again, there no light
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by ipad(m): 7:35am On Jan 07, 2015
Do you need a job?
We can help you get a Job in 2 weeks.

Apalara.com is a private Staffing and Recruitment Agency.
We recruit staff for hundreds of Schools, Companies and

Businesses in Osun State.

We can get you any kind of Job: full time job, part time job,

temporary job, odd jobs, seasonal job, etc.

Visit our Office at:
Apalara.Com (The Job Centre)
Block 4, Sute A13,
Okunola Shopping Complex,
Beside Capital Hotel,
Dada Estate, Osogbo

or Call:
08133735507 fro More Information

Registration for Applicants is FREE

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 10, 2015
tochimas:

You must be in the same zone with me then.

Next time we experience neglect, join in bombarding them with emails

Where is your zone!happy weekend
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 01, 2015
Muzikluva:
In Osun state,its 24hrs.they hardly take it off and when they do,they restore it in a very short while_sumtyms I get tayad of the light.
is there still such duration of power supply? I'm planning on moving to osogbo. Also is there quality interner network yo surf the internet
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Muzikluva(m): 6:22pm On May 02, 2015
radiokilla:
is there still such duration of power supply? I'm planning on moving to osogbo. Also is there quality interner network yo surf the internet
yes but I am not sure if its still very constant cUz I've bin outta dere For sumtym.the internt service is ok but it depends on ur location.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by blkmum700: 9:35pm On May 23, 2015
@Op and other retainers,are you guys still having electricity in your area?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Kills Wife For Sleeping With Native Doctor !! / Top 7 Organisations Nigerians Can't Do Without Bashing / Nigerian Men And Urinating Outside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.