Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! (25115 Views)

Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply / The Mace: A Weapon Of Power / Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by maasoap(m): 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
Even when the National power generation still stands at 2900 megawatts? Some people are born liar!

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
let speak d truth .....rome wz nt built in a day ..
there is improvement in power supply .....
buh yet there best is not good enough ...... : shocked :oo
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
Some Nigerians are just funny, all through the year(2014) electrical supply was nothing to write home about, now that the election is about to come, suddenly electricity is now stable. Be wise!! I don't wanna enjoy electricity only during election periods, I want to enjoy it all through the year! The time for CHANGE is here...
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
Here na 24hrs it may be out 4 sm minutes though.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by frankmoney(m): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
kendrick9:
yeah i stay in ph too. the light situation has really improved.. its been months since we used gen... constant power supply
where in pH do u guys stay ? or is there another place called pH ? because throughout December I can count how many times we've had light , not up to 80hours in that month
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by sarutobie(m): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
CaliOsi:
Some Nigerians are just funny, all through the year(2014) electrical supply was nothing to write home about, now that the election is about to come, suddenly electricity is now stable. Be wise!! I don't wanna enjoy electricity only during election periods, I want to enjoy it all through the year! The time for CHANGE is here...
okay it is now "election period" and no longer because of the rainy season? change your attitude first, then you can begin to see the real change in front of you.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by wizman11(m): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
4 my area ehn from 11 pm to 5am lite truout no shaking but during d day if u get 30 mins lyt na so so dance u go dance d situation here is below par
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by sunayo(m): 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
Tinubu:
This is what happens when people start seeing their birthright as a privilege undecided

I weep for Nigeria embarassed

So our country has become so politically and economically sodomized, that its citizens can no longer distinguish 'basic amenities' from privileges.... angry

What the op wants us to do in this new year, is to roll out the drums and dance in the market-square because power supply has improved in some parts of the nation, while some areas are still in the Dark ages.

Constant power supply is our right..... Since the op has opened a thread rejoicing over power supply, he might as well open a thread thanking the government for his life, for the spaghetti he ate this morning, and for allowing him impregnate his wife as many times as possible without any restrictions whatsoever.... angry

My friend park well with your hate. We all know power is a basic social amenity.
The fact remains we have been denied power for years and now it's improving. We criticise govt when their is need and should also praise them when they do well.

Jonathan has a clearly defined power agenda that is yielding result. Even the Buhari/Tinubu cannot deny it.

2 Likes

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by StoneColdBiceps(m): 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
malachytochukwu:
I am based in Portharcourt, Rivers State, I am greatly surprised that there could be 24hrs of power supply in this country. Even in Transamadi where I stay, we hardly have power supply for 12hrs at a stretch! Here is different! We all complain when there is no power supply and I feel it will not be wise enough to keep queit now we have been having light 24hrs/day consecutively for 8days except for on the 30th that power supply was ceased for few hours. You may be wondering where in Nigeria this great thing is happening. It is in a village called Obollo Nkwo in Udenu LGA of Enugu State. I wish there could be a way to prove this claim, unfortunately, there isn't any. I am sorry but that's the truth. I hope there has been an improvement inpower supply in other parts of this great nation, especially where you are. May God bless whoever is responsible for this and may he/she encounter constant supply of God's blessing through out 2015. I wish you constant power supply too if you are not having one currently. Hit like if there has been an improvement in power supply in your area.

Bro i feel u. My brother just came back fron otukpo Benue state and he said thesame thing aw light is very stable there. Dey do give dem light for 22-23 hrs a day-dis is no joke!

He came back to Lag and was plunged into d regular darkness.

I think dis light issue is problem of big cities like lagos or maybe Abuja but other states do have regular power supplies.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by kelvinbala1992: 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
i will give PHCN 95%. They take it sometimes for like 10minutes. I live in Abuja thou. It has been going on for 3months now, not just this holiday period

malachytochukwu:
I am based in Portharcourt, Rivers State, I am greatly surprised that there could be 24hrs of power supply in this country. Even in Transamadi where I stay, we hardly have power supply for 12hrs at a stretch! Here is different! We all complain when there is no power supply and I feel it will not be wise enough to keep queit now we have been having light 24hrs/day consecutively for 8days except for on the 30th that power supply was ceased for few hours. You may be wondering where in Nigeria this great thing is happening. It is in a village called Obollo Nkwo in Udenu LGA of Enugu State. I wish there could be a way to prove this claim, unfortunately, there isn't any. I am sorry but that's the truth. I hope there has been an improvement inpower supply in other parts of this great nation, especially where you are. May God bless whoever is responsible for this and may he/she encounter constant supply of God's blessing through out 2015. I wish you constant power supply too if you are not having one currently. Hit like if there has been an improvement in power supply in your area.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Themandator: 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
Here in my area of calabar [Scanobo] there has been a very remarkable improvement in power supply.... This is an area that used to go for days and even weeks without supply.... I still have 300 litres of pms stored in my house.

Now we now enjoy upto 18hrs.... Confidence that there always be power supply has increased..
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
orlaryhincah:
Like seriously I experienced 24hrs+ here in Igando/Egan, Lagos.

For this igando?!!!.... jesu..... ikotun Nepa officials are bastards
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by kilokeys(m): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
its so so good here in abj

sometimes i just switch off all appliances and lay in darkness..
so not used to this smiley

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Themandator: 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
CaliOsi:

Power supply is getting better because the government is doing something about the power grid.... Endeavor to keep PHCN staffs as friends.... I was told by one that we are yet to enjoy anything..... Work is going on to be completed by March on some power lines and that calabar North has been rerouted to a new power station in the East while the southern part is to be hooked to the new itu station.... A substation at tinapa is to be fired by March upon completion of work on the grid
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by ojialo(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
i reside along unibuja quarters i have not experienced power outage for 2weeks plus
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Themandator: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
flamingtiger:
Is that news? During xmas it has been a norm over the years, atleast since I learnt how to talk, every xmas period, you can go a whole week of power supply without interruption, but from 2nd week of January, you are on your own.
@Op is this supposed to be GEJ campaign strategy?

Election is not a yearly matter

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by MadCow1: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
Today, my estate received power for the first time since December 1st 2014.

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by LouisVanGaal(m): 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
My people perish cos of lack of wisdom! Is there any one who doesn't know that we are still in a 'festive period'?

Have they improved on the staggering 4KMW?
Have the industries that folded up due to power shortage started benefiting?

Mumu Op, our WA neighbours ghana has celebrated 1 year with black out..same with Niger republic and so on..u bringing up cheap propaganda as a point to re-vote the clueless one!
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Kingspin(m): 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2015
Tinubu:
This is what happens when people start seeing their birthright as a privilege undecided

I weep for Nigeria embarassed

So our country has become so politically and economically sodomized, that its citizens can no longer distinguish 'basic amenities' from privileges.... angry

What the op wants us to do in this new year, is to roll out the drums and dance in the market-square because power supply has improved in some parts of the nation, while some areas are still in the Dark ages.

Constant power supply is our right..... Since the op has opened a thread rejoicing over power supply, he might as well open a thread thanking the government for his life, for the spaghetti he ate this morning, and for allowing him impregnate his wife as many times as possible without any restrictions whatsoever.... angry

I belive this is not what you wanted to say.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by cirmuell(m): 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Y'all must be joking.

The country produces less than 4000 MW and the whole place starts getting lights up ? So where the electricity coming from ?
manna bro, manna grin
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Parolee: 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Y'all must be joking.

The country produces less than 4000 MW and the whole place starts getting lights up ? So where the electricity coming from ?

Actually for Nigeria this is where the problem / challenge is. You can not be generating 4000MW for such a large population and hope there is / will be light for everybody. 4000MW for upto 170million people is close to nothing. What about industries, firms, where do they get their supply from? Everybody has to share the 4000MW

And what is even painful it's the fact that it takes quite a long time to build power stations. Anything between 3 and 6 years for a 4500MW station. Nigeria has got a lot of hard work to do. You need a lot more - seriously a lot.

Comparing with the South African situation:
Currently SA generates at 39150MW and soon will be about 48000MW with a population of 52million people.

Nigeria with a population of plus 165million should do with a generating capacity of around 168000MW. Currently sitting at 4000MW, there is a difference of 164000MW that must still be attained to - and with a generating capacity of up to 6000MW per station - at the most 27 more stations has to be built.

May the powers that be in that country find the courage to face this challenge head on assist the nation. It would be very good for the entire African continent if this could be done.

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Aigbehis(m): 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2015
Here in GRA Benin city, the light rationing is 3hrs on and 3hrs off. Formerly, we enjoy light well compared to now.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by fisaylab: 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
humnsikan:
This is why GEJ must be returned to Aso Rock come 2015. I was impressed when I listened to the Minister of Power speak on the state of power supply in Nigeria. I was the more impressed by the fact that there is a well designed pattern for continous improvement of our power supply. Only the blind and the paralyzed will fail to see and feel the atmosphere of fresh air this nation is experiencing in every sector. I personally feel as though we never had a military regime in this country. There is now clearly a headway. A vote for GEJ is a vote for light in all it ramification, while a vote of Buhari is a vote for darkness in all its ramification and a return to Egypt. I and many other Nigerians have determined not to return to Egypt, the land of bondage, with Buhari as its Pharoah. Let Buhari (pharoah) know that he will drown in the sea just like his predecessor the Egyptian pharoah, and His evil agenda against God's people will be thwarted big time. GEJ till Buhari repents.

Gbakiti,u go wake up.the change we need no going back.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Genea(f): 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
SleekyGee:
well in my own area in lagos we usually have light from 9pm-9am

it isn't fair oo angry cry
come live in my area we have light 24/7 and if dey is no lite den u known sometin spoilt
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
here in ekiti,we avn't had light for the past two days
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by queebeediva(f): 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
Politica strategie to vote gej back why it is now , I mean few weeks before elections nigerians suddenly enjoining power supply ? So them be they hide light ? Noting intresting about this news and please nigerians stop rejoicing over your right mind you Ghana here has celebrated years of uninterrupted power supply no be common days that is not even 24hrs flat mwteeeeeew! Let's I forget let them pay some civil sevant sallary like in benue suswan has refused to pay teachers their sallaries for over 3month now and yet he is donating millions to gej for 2015 election. Corrupt leaders .
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by polarman(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
@Op, you have to bring the light to Lagos ooo. I have been running on generators for the past 3 days in Lagos. I always switch from one generator to another. New Year's eve was lightless up until now.

#Bringbackourlightnow angry angry angry
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
sarutobie:

okay it is now "election period" and no longer because of the rainy season? change your attitude first, then you can begin to see the real change in front of you.
Huh?? Since Dec 2013 I have been having 6 hours light a day and all of a sudden election is around d corner and it jumps to 18 hours?? Haba be wise!
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
obamartins:
18 hours a day, here at Central Road, Benin City. Airport road and Sapele road up to 20hours. There is an improvement because i bought PMS worth 500 i haven't exhaust it for a week now. More of the turbines are coming upstream n power generation is improving.

una get special line wey I no know, no be dis central road wey I dey so. d tin dey vex me lk mad.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
humnsikan:
This is why GEJ must be returned to Aso Rock come 2015. I was impressed when I listened to the Minister of Power speak on the state of power supply in Nigeria. I was the more impressed by the fact that there is a well designed pattern for continous improvement of our power supply. Only the blind and the paralyzed will fail to see and feel the atmosphere of fresh air this nation is experiencing in every sector. I personally feel as though we never had a military regime in this country. There is now clearly a headway. A vote for GEJ is a vote for light in all it ramification, while a vote of Buhari is a vote for darkness in all its ramification and a return to Egypt. I and many other Nigerians have determined not to return to Egypt, the land of bondage, with Buhari as its Pharoah. Let Buhari (pharoah) know that he will drown in the sea just like his predecessor the Egyptian pharoah, and His evil agenda against God's people will be thwarted big time. GEJ till Buhari repents.

plz, cover ur hand with ur left hand
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by sarutobie(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
CaliOsi:

Huh?? Since Dec 2013 I have been having 6 hours light a day and all of a sudden election is around d corner and it jumps to 18 hours?? Haba be wise!
can you please do me a favour and speak for yourself? there was a thread like this created in the middle of the year, people were posting about the improved light (those residing in aba can testify this)...what did your ilk say then? "it is because of the rainy season, let the water level drop and you will see"..the water level has dropped and now the new tune is " haba be wise, it is because of the coming election"..

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by dkby(m): 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
Here in road block Jalingo, Taraba State we have atleast 22 - 23 hours light in a day, sometimes you can get 3 weeks without outage. GEJ till 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Kills Wife For Sleeping With Native Doctor !! / Top 7 Organisations Nigerians Can't Do Without Bashing / Nigerian Men And Urinating Outside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.