Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Buhari And The Born Again Christian - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Buhari And The Born Again Christian (4634 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Turns Born Again After Apostle Suleman's Saga: "This Is New Me" / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Ifeann(f): 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
Candour:

You're jumping all over the place. If you knew all along that buhari didn't make that statement, why did you attach it to him? Is Sambo not also from the north? Is Muazu also no longer from the north? Did you analyse Sambo's DNA to ascertain that it is empty of the "born to rule" mentality? Alhaji lawal Kaita who made that statement has NEVER been in buhari's camp. In fact its obvious you only listen to gossip and not news because if you did, you would have known that buhari jailed him for corruption in 1984. The guy who promised an ungovernable Nigeria is Jonathan's friend and confidant; Alhaji Lawal Kaita of the PDP.
I won't comment until I confirm or debunk this.

Mister, pls don't patronise me. its either you were too young or you're now telling a barefaced lie if you say buhari's so called 'islamisation' agenda was a campaign issue when he ran against OBJ in 2003.
To you your opinion.

You said your Muslim friends don't follow the genocidal verses of the Quran which you're so sure buhari will obey if he wins. What does that make your friends? Muslim hypocrites or what? Why are you so sure Sambo will not also want to kill infidels? Is he also a fake Muslim?

Because my muslims friends are moderates who smoke and drink and are too busy with the opposite gender to care abt the horrible commands in the Quran. Plus they aren't pro sharia.

You can clear the air for me now. Do you now believe buhari will not cut heads of infidels if he becomes the president? Why then have you been paranoid about sharia since this thread began?
Because this is a forum for discussion on topics as u chose.

If you're only concerned about domination and not strict sharia, why single out buhari? Why exonerate yar'adua or Sambo? Do you think they don't read the Quran like me too?

Because Sambo and yaradua aren't pro sharia as far as I know.

I asked you earlier. Sunday is our national day of rest. From where did we get it? Islam or Christianity? What is the basis of our constitution as it has evolved from the British till date? English law (which is based on canon law) or Islam? Don't you think the Muslims have a right to complain about the 'christian' foundation on which our constitution is built.
So which of your moderate Muslims has ever protested against the national institutions having Islamic symbols? Why put all on buhari's head?
So we need to change the days of the week, the calender and british history to please muslims . What's ur point.

@the bold, really?? This is very convenient. What did you think about sanusi dressing like a Muslim amir or emir to work as CBN governor a number of times? Or you never saw him dress like that? Would you overlook it if you see a picture of buhari dressed like that to work as PTF chairman?

I found his dressing funny. He has the right to dress how he wishes as long as it isn't against the allowed office dress code.

@the bold. I said it before that you don't listen to news but gossips. BBC carried a report of his condemnation of the riots.
Funny I am actually watching the news right now. Muslims just killed 12 people amongst them journalists and police.
Now Where is the link on bbc. When did he condemn it. A week later. , a month. ?

Did you not see his statements up there? Is that not enough? How else do you want him to show it? He had 19 governors as head of state. 11 were Christians, 7 were Muslims and 1 was atheist. Isn't that enough? I saw a list of His ministers and Christians had the most important portfolios. I believe His SMC had more Christians than Muslims (though I'll need to confirm this particular one)
He will say anything now on social media to win. Jonathan did this as well. We still have a month to the elections. I hope he addresses this issue in person and I will take my time to read ever word of his manifesto.
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Candour(m): 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ifeann:

I won't comment until I confirm or debunk this.

Google is your friend but always remember that Alhaji Lawal Kaita, former governor of kaduba state jailed by buhari in 1984 promised to make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan and he was a member of PDP board of trustees when he said it. Today he's a campaigner for Jonathan and I want to guess its because he's now a moderate Muslim whose DNA has been purged of 'born to rule' mentality wink

To you your opinion.

But yours are facts right?

Because my muslims friends are moderates who smoke and drink and are too busy with the opposite gender to care abt the horrible commands in the Quran. Plus they aren't pro sharia.

So drinking, smoking and womanizing is what makes a moderate Muslim?? You classified Sambo as a moderate, does he drink, smoke and waste his life on women like your moderate Muslim friends? What about Sanusi? Yar'adua (before he died) nko?

Because this is a forum for discussion on topics as u chose.

I wanted you to prove me a liar by affirming that you do not believe buhari will cut christian heads if he becomes president

Because Sambo and yaradua aren't pro sharia as far as I know.

Because they're 'moderates' who have no inhibitions about smoking, drinking and womanizing?

So we need to change the days of the week, the calender and british history to please muslims . What's ur point.

Just want you and others to get off your high horse and stop the hypocricy of condemning the fact that sharia was mentioned in the constitution when the reality is that our constitution borrows heavily from the christian canon law.

I found his dressing funny. He has the right to dress how he wishes as long as it isn't against the allowed office dress code.

I doubt you'd have seen the funny side if buhari was pictured dressing like that to an official function in 1984.

Funny I am actually watching the news right now. Muslims just killed 12 journalists.

And your mind immediately went to buhari, right? Did it also go to sambo, sanusi, muazu etc?

Now Where is the link on bbc. When did he condemn it. A week later. , a month. ?

You were so sure he didn't condemn the violence nor appeal for calm, so why does bit matter even ifvitbtook him a year to? There's your link below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13126839

He will say anything now on social media to win. Jonathan did this as well. We still have a month to the elections. I hope he addresses this issue in person and I will take my time to read ever word of his manifesto.

I hope you get to hear from him soon. The fact remains that as military head of state, he appointed 11christians, 7muslims and 1atheist as governors.

https://www.nairaland.com/2049821/list-governors-ministers-under-buharis

He also appointed 15ministers made up of 8christians and 7muslims

http://www..com/ng/in-nigeria/40607-list-of-ministers-in-muhammadu-buhari-regime.html
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by vooks: 4:59am On Jan 08, 2015
The world is not waiting for manifestation of Christian leaders to come and rescue it from all that is wrong. Christians should drop these fantasies.

Here is the problem. Whenever Christian leaders disappoint, Christians reject them as non-Christians,but when non-Christians leaders disappoint, Christians claim they failed because they don't fear God. When non-Christians excel, Christians keep mum. And finally when Christian leaders excel, we ascribe it to their faith

That way, the Pentecostal interpretation of this verse will never be disproved

Proverbs 29:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by nakamora: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2015
I'm a Christian, but my vote is for Buhari.For me GEJ is not a Christian.I am not deceived by all this Islamization propaganda.This is a lie from greedy ethno-religious jingoist.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Would You Lie To Save A Life? / Do Atheists/humanists Have No Morals, Mr Anony?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.