Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Buhari And The Born Again Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Buhari And The Born Again Christian (4626 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Turns Born Again After Apostle Suleman's Saga: "This Is New Me" / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari And The Born Again Christian by WinsomeX: 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
BUHARI AND THE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN

As we draw near to the 2015 General Elections, it is important that all vital questions are answered; especially the ones regarding the candidature of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. As a Buhari supporter and also a born again Christian, I encounter questions from fellow believers that range from “should a Christian vote for a Muslim, since we are taught in scriptures not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers?” to “how does a Christian vote for a Muslim, seeing that Muslims are one of the goals in our evangelistic efforts?” The answers to these questions are not easy ones but we must provide them or we run the risk of losing a large section of the electorate to the “other side” or to indifference which is making some people decide to stay home rather than vote for either of the two leading candidates.

The born-again Christian community in the Nigerian political space has since become a force to reckon with since the advent of steady democratic process in 1999. In 2011, Gen. Buhari recognized this and adopted Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Latter Rain Assembly, Lagos, as his running mate. In the same period the two of them went and court the blessing of Pastor E.A. Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, a leading Pentecostal minister in the country. In like manner, President Goodluck Jonathan attended the Redeemed Church Annual Holy Ghost Convention and that picture of the president kneeling before a towering and praying Adeboye might have single handedly handed over the 2011 elections to Jonathan. Though Adeboye never made his preferred candidate known publicly, most born-again Christians concluded from that picture that Jonathan was “Baba’s” preferred candidate and like they say, the rest is history today. It is no longer news that Buhari has since settled again for another born-again individual, in the person of Prof. Osibanjo, as his running mate for the 2015 elections. Osibanjo happens to also be a Redeemed Pastor. Quite naturally the born-again Christian is not fooled by these political maneuvering. He still has questions in his heart. He still wants to understand whether it is right, in a moral sense, to cast his vote for a Muslim. He want to understand whether he is not being unequally yoked with an unbeliever for choosing to support Buhari.

To answer these questions we as born-again Christians must first understand that voting and being voted for is a civic responsibility that we are enjoined on by scriptures to carry out. Romans 13:1 says “Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God…” God is the author of ordered society. And it happens that in our time, the monarchical system of government that was prevalent in bible times has given way to democracy. And democracy consist of the populace voting in its leaders so that the individual that carries the most vote becomes the ruler. Therefore, part of being "subject to higher powers" will be to partake actively in the process in which these powers are elected. It is important to know that Romans 13:1ff did not give some conditions for Christians to be subject to the rulers. It didn't say "be subject only if the rulers are good rulers"; neither did it say "be subject only if the rulers are born again or professing Christians". It simply commanded us to be subject to all authority, as rulers are of God. Submitting to civil authorities and its processes is therefore submission to God. So it is safe to say that the basis of choosing a ruler cannot be based on the individual's religious persuasion but on his competence. For this election, the born again Christian has essentially two people before him: he must choose between them both based on their record of performance in public office and not just their religious profession.

The precedence of Buhari in public office is clear for all to see. The records of his performance in the military, as Chairman of the NNPC, as head of state and as chairman of the petroleum trust fund (PTF) are a testimony to excellent service to ones fatherland. The records of Goodluck Jonathan are also clear to all, especially his six year in office so far. So born again Christian, judge their performance in public office and vote rightly.

The Christian cannot also be said to be unequally yoked with an unbeliever for choosing to support and vote another person from another faith or religion. When scripture speaks of being unequally yoked with unbelievers in 2 Corinthians 6:14, it was talking about not partaking in the evil deeds that non Christians partake of. 2 Corinthians 6 was speaking about the need to walk in holiness as Christians and be separated from evil. It is interesting to note that Buhari, despite being Muslim, is the one out of the two leading candidates that has a public record of incorruptibility and uprightness. While President Jonathan had once being quoted as saying "corruption is not stealing". It makes a lot of sense that the Christian community will vote for a candidate who by his lifestyle and record in public office is known to be upright. This is what the bible will have us to be associated or yoked with! There is a lot of problem with an individual professing to be Christian in one hand and not living up to the tenets of the faith in another hand. This is certainly not one we should be yoked with. Islam and Christianity have diverse point of view on religion but they share some basic rules on morality. There is nothing wrong with associating with a Muslim who lives in a morally upright manner.

Lastly, voting in a Muslim does not compromise our evangelistic duty to Muslims or people of other faiths. Born again Christians must beware of one thing: we must not turn evangelism to a means of conquest. The very nature of our witnessing allows the individuals we witness to the freedom to accept or reject our views. Christian evangelism should not be reduced to the sort of Jihadism that Boko Haram and other extremist groups are championing. Our calling is not a political takeover of a society but a spiritual one. A situation where the Christian is known more for his fruit than just mere talk. The Christian greatest voice of evangelism is his lifestyle. The Christian also accentuates this with his preaching of the gospel where occasion demands it. When he preaches Christ, he is not meant to impose Christ. God by his Holy Spirit then uses the Christian's life and words to brings the Muslim and others to faith. So the manner in which we handle this political situation would go a long way in witnessing to the world. If others are voting on mere religious sentiments, the born again Christian should not be found doing the same.

There is a lie that is being sold that voting in Buhari is voting in someone who will Islamize Nigeria. If Buhari did not Islamize this country as paramount military ruler some thirty years ago when he had all the machinery of government to do it; if he crushed the very first Boko Haram menace, the Maitescine group, in one fell sweep; he will not islamize Nigeria under a democratic rule. Rather he would allow for religious freedom and help crush Boko Haram as he did in 1983/84. No one can Christianize or Islamize Nigeria. This country is a secular state run by a secular constitution. What Christians should fear is a party whose chairman helped implement sharia when he was state governor. And whose presidential candidate has not been able to solve the Boko Haram menace six years since assuming office.

Brother or Sister Born Again Christian, you do not need to fear voting Buhari as President. By doing this, you will be carrying out your civic duty in a manner that will receive the blessing of God and also secure a future for our unborn children.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by WinsomeX: 10:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
I request that this thread be not moved to politics section. The discuss is essentially meant for Christians, religious people.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Goshen360(m): 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
Good job brother.

I'm just tired of the religious interpretation of scripture. Who's an unbeliever by the way? Is it who the institionalized church interpreted it to mean or who the word said? People don't know someone who attend church can also be an unbeliever.

Nigeria is in ruin if we continue to leave it in the hands of pdp. Time for change is now! !!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by WinsomeX: 11:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
^^^

That's right Goshen. The poor comprehension of scriptures plays out in our manner of life, including politics too. Would Buhari not be a better "Christian" by his manner of life than Jonathan?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Goshen360(m): 12:17am On Jan 03, 2015
^ ^ ^

Many Christians need to begin to look at scriptures in word meaning and as used in context. For many years, religion and institutionalized church had taught me wrongly on what 2 Corinthians 6:14 meant until I looked it up by myself. So what's that scripture saying, who is an unbeliever?

The word unbeliever is the Greek word, apistos and it means:

unfaithful, faithless, (not to be trusted, perfidious); incredible; of things: unbelieving, incredulous; without trust (in God).

So, we can understand that even a professing (not a possessed) Christian can be unfaithful or faithless....in a thing or in God.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by PastorOluT(m): 8:01am On Jan 03, 2015
winsomex great writeup, and God bless u Goshen for that clarity on who an unbeliever is. It baffles me the way modern christians clasify who a believer n an unbeliever is.

Bt my question is this, do we really think the change we all yearn for is in Buhari?

NB It should be noted I dont support either of the presidential candidates.
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by truthman2012(m): 9:25am On Jan 03, 2015
WinsomeX

This country is a secular state run by a secular constitution. What Christians should fear is a party whose chairman helped implement sharia when he was state governor. And whose presidential candidate has not been able to solve the Boko Haram menace six years since assuming office.

I agree with most of your points but that Nigeria is a 'secular state'. From a reliable source, we learnt that 'sharia' is mentioned 73 times in the constitution. Quran, mosque, islam, muslim etc are also mentioned in a number of times, without a single mention of the bible, church or Christianity. This was the influence of muslims as Head of State at that time. Now as it appears, Christianity is an illegal institution in the country as far as the constitution is concerned. Do you still want to maintain that Nigeria is a secular state?

No one can Christianize or Islamize Nigeria.

I pray no one will Islamize Nigeria, but efforts are on to do so. Geo-political zones into which the country is divided was not done by the government but by a Muslims' Organization for the purpose of islamizing the country. Remember, Nigeria with a population of 40% muslims is a member of OIC. What are the goals of this organization? Your guess is as good as mine.

It is true Buhari did not islamize Nigeria but I am of the opinion that the muslims in the country at that time were not so desirious to islamize, unlike now that they are so conscious of it. Even then, mosque had been in Aso Rock for a number of years. It would have remained so if not for Obasanjo who encouraged the building of a church.

You see, when we look at the economy, we would not want Jonathan there anymore. But if we look at religion, we would not want Buhari there too. It is our duty as born-again Christians to pray and let God direct us who to vote for.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Oyinprince(m): 3:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
Story for the Gods.

#GEJ Till Buhari gives his heart to Christ

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Image123(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
Hahahahaha, is President Jonathan a christian or follower of Christ?
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Mintayo(m): 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
truthman2012:

I agree with most of your points but that Nigeria is a 'secular state'. From a reliable source, we learnt that 'sharia' is mentioned 73 times in the constitution. Quran, mosque, islam, muslim etc are also mentioned in a number of times, without a single mention of the bible, church or Christianity. This was the influence of muslims as Head of State at that time. Now as it appears, Christianity is an illegal institution in the country as far as the constitution is concerned. Do you still want to maintain that Nigeria is a secular state?

I pray no one will Islamize Nigeria, but efforts are on to do so. Geo-political zones into which the country is divided was not done by the government but by a Muslims' Organization for the purpose of islamizing the country. Remember, Nigeria with a population of 40% muslims is a member of OIC. What are the goals of this organization? Your guess is as good as mine.

It is true Buhari did not islamize Nigeria but I am of the opinion that the muslims in the country at that time were not so desirious to islamize, unlike now that they are so conscious of it. Even then, mosque had been in Aso Rock for a number of years. It would have remained so if not for Obasanjo who encouraged the building of a church.

You see, when we look at the economy, we would not want Jonathan there anymore. But if we look at religion, we would not want Buhari there too. It is our duty as born-again Christians to pray and let God direct us who to vote for.
Great. This is good. If only we christains know the extend at which the Muslims are willing to go. No Muslim will tell u that he or she is voting GEJ out because of the economy or the situation of the country. It is simply because the man is a Christian. Quote me anywhere, any Muslim that says otherwise Is only deceiving you as usual.
And thinking that Nigeria cannot be islamise is a risk on its own.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Mintayo(m): 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Image123:
Hahahahaha, is President Jonathan a christian or follower of Christ?
Me like your siggy. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by truthman2012(m): 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
Mintayo:

Great. This is good. If only we christains know the extend at which the Muslims are willing to go. No Muslim will tell u that he or she is voting GEJ out because of the economy or the situation of the country. It is simply because the man is a Christian. Quote me anywhere, any Muslim that says otherwise Is only deceiving you as usual.

Correct.
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Ifeann(f): 12:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
truthman2012:

Anybody who thinks that the "isalmization" of Nigeria is not possible obviously has no idea of the domination/"all submission" ideology of Islam and the extent the conservative northern elites will go to spite the progressive southerners. Go and look at youtube videos of what Ahmedu bello, religious bigot extraordinare and tribalist,and see what he had to say about southerns, especially the Ibos. This is a man the northerners hold in high esteem. If anyone is still in doubt you should then findout why there are over 48 Islamic countries. It will be hard to ever "isalmization" Nigeria but why do we need to give a self confessed pro sharia northern conservative religious bigot a chance.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by truthman2012(m): 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
@Ifeann

You made very good points but I want to add:

Buhari was once quoted as saying: ''sharia should be used nationwide'', how far that is true I cannot confirm.

We need serious prayers for Nigeria because the devil really means business. So much money has been injected into islam with the goal of islamizing Nigeria. So many youths have been converted to islam in Eboyi State for money. The economy doesn't help matter. Some norminal Christians say they prefer islam to hunger. It is sign of the end time

Turkey used to be 100% Christians but today it is 96% muslims. We should not underrate the power of satan. We need prayers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Ifeann(f): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
truthman2012:
@Ifeann

You made very good points but I want to add:

Buhari was once quoted as saying: ''sharia should be used nationwide'', how far that is true I cannot confirm.

We need serious prayers for Nigeria because the devil really means business. So much money has been injected into islam with the goal of islamizing Nigeria. So many youths have been converted to islam in Eboyi State for money. The economy doesn't help matter. Some norminal Christians say they prefer islam to hunger. It is sign of the end time

Turkey used to be 100% Christians but today it is 96% muslims. We should not underrate the power of satan. We need prayers.

Yes buhari did say that. Its on record.

I know about turkey. Very sad case. You do know abt the Sophia haggi. The Muslims converted that beautiful church to a mosque at one point. That's Islam for you.

I had been a nominal christain and I thank God I am far more awake, not perfect but trying.

I am of the view that the greatest threat to Christians isn't really Islam but nominal Christians and false "christain" teachers. Christians that are unaware and overtly liberal. Left wing Liberalism that supports gay marriages, abortions and so many ills that the bible condemns.

Christians that can't defend their scripture and take a decent pounding on their faith and yet remain faithful. We Christians are lucky that Islam is a house divided against itself, if it wasn't for their divisions and killing of one another we could have been living under sharia and paying the jizyah.
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by tandj: 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by truthman2012(m): 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ifeann:

Yes buhari did say that. Its on record.

I know about turkey. Very sad case. You do know abt the Sophia haggi. The Muslims converted that beautiful church to a mosque at one point. That's Islam for you.

I had been a nominal christain and I thank God I am far more awake, not perfect but trying.

I am of the view that the greatest threat to Christians isn't really Islam but nominal Christians and false "christain" teachers. Christians that are unaware and overtly liberal. Left wing Liberalism that supports gay marriages, abortions and so many ills that the bible condemns.

Christians that can't defend their scripture and take a decent pounding on their faith and yet remain faithful. We Christians are lucky that Islam is a house divided against itself, if it wasn't for their divisions and killing of one another we could have been living under sharia and paying the jizyah.

Correct.
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Rilwayne001: 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
Mintayo:
No Muslim will tell u that he or she is voting GEJ out because of the economy or the situation of the country. It is simply because the man is a Christian. Quote me anywhere, any Muslim that says otherwise Is only deceiving you as usual.

How come most northern muslims casted their votes for him in the 2011 election?

hypocrisy will not kill una.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Mintayo(m): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Like its only Muslims we have in the north.
Be deceiving yourself.
Rilwayne001:

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Rilwayne001: 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
Mintayo:
Like its only Muslims we have in the north.
Be deceiving yourself.

no, but majority are muslims atleast 70%

Lets say 30% out of the 70% voted him in 2011.

Did they also vote him simply because he is muslim? as you claim up there?

hypocrite undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Ifeann(f): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Hey friend

I notice u either lie with so much confidence or u just don't know what u are talking about. U need to get ur facts straight.
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Mintayo(m): 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

no, but majority are muslims atleast 70%

Lets say 30% out of the 70% voted him in 2011.

Did they also vote him simply because he is muslim? as you claim up there?

hypocrite undecided
I know you are blind the truth. All what you are saying are baseless assumptions. Majority of the northern Muslims voted for buhari, no wonder they went on rampage when he Didnt win.
You can't tell me northern Muslims votes urshered in Jonathan.
I will say it again, Muslims hate Jonathan because he is a Christian and for this reason, they will vote against him.
I Dont expect you to accept That.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Rilwayne001: 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ifeann:

Hey friend

I notice u either lie with so much confidence or u just don't know what u are talking about. U need to get ur facts straight.

Kindly point out my lie instead of calling me a liar undecided , perhaps you are the one that do not know what you are talking about.
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Rilwayne001: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
Mintayo:

I will say it again, [s] Muslims hate Jonathan because he is a Christian and for this reason, they will vote against him. [/s]
I Dont expect you to accept That.

Okay
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Candour(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
Mintayo:

@the bolded, My bro, do you honestly believe no Muslim voted Jonathan in 2011? If you say they didn't, how then did he win? By rigging?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Candour(m): 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ifeann:

Anybody who thinks that the "isalmization" of Nigeria is not possible obviously has no idea of the domination/"all submission" ideology of Islam and the extent the conservative northern elites will go to spite the progressive southerners. Go and look at youtube videos of what Ahmedu bello, religious bigot extraordinare and tribalist,and see what he had to say about southerns, especially the Ibos. This is a man the northerners hold in high esteem. If anyone is still in doubt you should then findout why there are over 48 Islamic countries. It will be hard to ever "isalmization" Nigeria but why do we need to give a self confessed pro sharia northern conservative religious bigot a chance.

I keep asking if these same northerners who wish to islamise Nigeria voted for Jonathan in 2011 or he rigged like any normal politician which will automatically make him a crook, a thief and an unbeliever in the same class as the Muslims whom we tag unbelievers (which is balanced by them tagging us unbelievers as well anyway)?

Also I forgot to add this. Is Sambo, Jonathan's VP also among these Muslims who want to islamise Nigeria? What about Muazu the PDP chairman? Is he also to be feared?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Ifeann(f): 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
Candour:

I keep asking if these same northerners who wish to islamise Nigeria voted for Jonathan in 2011 or he rigged like any normal politician which will automatically make him a crook, a thief and an unbeliever in the same class as the Muslims whom we tag unbelievers (which is balanced by them tagging us unbelievers as well anyway)?

Also I forgot to add this. Is Sambo, Jonathan's VP also among these Muslims who want to islamise Nigeria? What about Muazu the PDP chairman? Is he also to be feared?

There are definitely many non-tribalistic moderate muslim who believe in one Nigeria for everyone and do not promote the Islamic agenda. Buhari is not one of them.
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Image123(m): 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
I'd rather have persecution and a few good christians, than the current pseudo persecution with so many wishy-washy christians all over the place. So, bring it on already, Nigeria deserves change, whether on the part of the current administration or else where.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Candour(m): 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ifeann:

There are definitely many non-tribalistic moderate muslim who believe in one Nigeria for everyone and do not promote the Islamic agenda. Buhari is not one of them.

But your post and those of the other muslim-phobic brethren didn't make this differentiation and it does a lot of harm to the ethno-religious harmony we so badly need in this country.

Since you single buhari out, how do you think or imagine he will singlehandedly islamise the country? How liberal is Adamu Muazu (PDP chairman) who signed sharia into law as governor of Bauchi state?

For those who say sharia was mentioned a number of times in our constitution, do we realise that Nigerian constitution since our founding emanated from ideas contained in English law? And do we realise English law is greatly influenced by the Anglican church? For instance, where did Sunday as a day of rest come from? Islam or Christianity?

I won't stop anybody from disliking buhari (he's a human with his failings like the rest of us) but that islamisation tag can fit on any Muslim if we have to be objective.

If Buhari can islamise Nigeria, so can Sambo (who says gej can't drop dead tomorrow?), so can any northerner that will take over in 2019 when gej must leave (if he wins on Feb 14)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Candour(m): 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
Image123:
I'd rather have persecution and a few good christians, than the current pseudo persecution with so many wishy-washy christians all over the place. So, bring it on already, Nigeria deserves change, whether on the part of the current administration or else where.

Very correct image. What's all the fear mongering about sef?

How many alhajis with multiple wives are hobnobbing with Jonathan this very moment in his quest for a second term?

Abegi jare angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Rilwayne001: 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
Candour:

But your post and those of the other muslim-phobic brethren didn't make this differentiation and it does a lot of harm to the ethno-religious harmony we so badly need in this country.

Since you single buhari out, how do you think or imagine he will singlehandedly islamise the country? How liberal is Adamu Muazu (PDP chairman) who signed sharia into law as governor of Bauchi state?

For those who say sharia was mentioned a number of times in our constitution, do we realise that Nigerian constitution since our founding emanated from ideas contained in English law? And do we realise English law is greatly influenced by the Anglican church? For instance, where did Sunday as a day of rest come from? Islam or Christianity?

I won't stop anybody from disliking buhari (he's a human with his failings like the rest of us) but that islamisation tag can fit on any Muslim if we have to be objective.

If Buhari can islamise Nigeria, so can Sambo (who says gej can't drop dead tomorrow?), so can any northerner that will take over in 2019 when gej must leave (if he wins on Feb 14)

Infact, you've said it all.

I can't just understand why people are not ready to stop being hypocrite, can you imagine a brother telling me on another thread that "even thougj gej is running a corrupt government but he will still vote him because the person that will CHANGE the situation is yet to be born" , he further claim that "he is not voting buhari because he will islamize Nigeria".

I think our brothers are not just getting it, things can only start to change when we drop our religion and ethnic bigotry. Its not possible for one man to islamize nigeria without the consent of the senate and other bodies.

Corruption is the major problem we are facing on this country, and like osinbJo said yesterday on Channels "Management of resources is the bane of our economic underdevelopment. Government must be transparent if you don't manage oil resources, if you dnt fight corruption in the oil sector. You won't go anywhere. and we all know buharis stance when it comes to corruption.

Now if we say we are not voting him because he is a muslim, because he is a northerner or because we are told that he will islamize nigeria (of which is not possible). WHEN ARE WE GOING TO BE FREED OF THIS BONDAGE?
Re: Buhari And The Born Again Christian by Ifeann(f): 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
Candour:

Hey friend from your comment I can see u aren't well informed about this issue. You mentioned "muslim-phobic"... That's so so wrong. I would say my comments are anti Islam but NEVER muslim-phobic. I have muslim family members I love as Christ commands me to.

You said something abt ethno-religious harmony. Were u born yesterday dear? Look at Nigeria's history which I have studied indepth, ethno-religious harmony is a myth, unachievable in any country where Muslims are in large numbers.

You said,"Since you single buhari out, how do you think or imagine he will singlehandedly islamise the country"
Emmm I also said it will be very difficult for anyone to "islamise" this country. But I am suspicious of buhari because he is a hardcore conservative muslim northern elite with an old fashioned mentality of born to rule who has said on record that he supports the spread of sharia all over Nigeria and now he is running for president again..... He has not renounced his position on the sharia issue despite calls for him to do so.

You said,"How liberal is Adamu Muazu (PDP chairman) who signed sharia into law as governor of Bauchi state?"
If he decides to run for president I will do research on his position on the issue and make sure votes from my christain friends don't go to him if he is still pro sharia.

You said,"If Buhari can islamise Nigeria, so can Sambo (who says gej can't drop dead tomorrow?), so can any northerner that will take over in 2019 when gej must leave "

like I said before, "it will be very difficult for anyone to "islamise" this country." sambo seems to be a moderate muslim same as yaradua was hence I don't think we have to fear the progress of the Islamic agenda from him.

An important point I want to make here is that most of these northern states who claim they are under sharia law aren't even practising it as their sources (quran and hadiths) prescribe. Go to Saudi Arabia, Iran and you shall see the real sharia law in action.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Lie To Save A Life? / Can I Ever Win Or Am I Fighting A Lost Battle? / The True Sons Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.