Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta (3013 Views)

Profile Of Justice W.S. Nkanu Onnoghen: Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Edo people rejects PDP.. What do you think? / Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by soma042(m): 2:19am On Jan 03, 2015
Ihuopkara is a community located in Nkanu East Local Government Area with headquarters in Amagunze,
The community shares boundary with Akpugo in the West, Amagu-Nze in the North, Nara in the south and Ugbawka in the East. To the North and South, the community also shares boundary with Ebonyi State.
Since 27 years I was born, the road that link to community had remains in either muddy or dusty
We lack social amenities, no pipe-borne water, no health care services, no single tiled road in the whole 9communities.
Two administration under Pdp has past without a road link to our our community.
According to our ancestors, 'AGBUGO IS THERE LAST STOP'We saw the first light last 2 years .

History:
Evidence reveals that the ancestors of Ihuopkara originated and later migrated from an area called Agabienta around Agabi, (a town in the present Benue state) hundreds of years ago. The founder and originator was one late “Eneayalu”. He had seven sons from several wives. The sons were named Nnachima, Enechima, Umuani Agom, Umuchita, Umuokpa, Umuanagu and Akainyi. After the death of their father, a scuffle ensued and his sons decided to vacate their enclave known as Agabi (another name for Ihuokpara). The mantle of leadership fell on Nnachima as directed by their late father. The family under the leadership of Nnachima settled temporarily at Nvu-odolu at Akpugo in Nkanu West Local Government Area. They later left to settle at the present Ihuokpara at the square called Ubevu, customarily known as (Ezi-obodo Eneayalu) meaning the home of Eneayalu. All the important traditional ceremonies, rites, conventions and customary deliberations are held at Ubevu in commemoration of the ancestry right of Eneayalu (Nwatu 2002).
Ihuokpara is endowed with abundant natural resources and in particular, vast and fertile land. The citizens are predominantly farmers producing a variety of food crops such as yam, cassava, rice, coco-yam, grains, vegetables, fruits and other items, though at subsistence level. They practise mixed farming with yam as the chief crop.
There are four primary schools in Ihuokpara and one community secondary school. There is no tertiary institution.
This study reveals that all children are sent to school in recent times. Consequently, there is hardly any child that is not exposed to basic education. However, many youths drop out of school due to poverty. But such youths rarely remain in the community but rather migrate to the towns and cities for skill acquisition.
In terms of basic social amenities, the community lags behind. There is no electricity supply and no pipe-borne water. There are nine shallow bore- holes, which normally dry up during the dry season. Many of the roads lack maintenance.

Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by soma042(m): 2:30am On Jan 03, 2015
More

Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by SapeleDon: 2:45am On Jan 03, 2015
This is very sad.

I served in this Village 15 Years ago, and if you think it is bad now then imagine how it was 15 years ago. When i got to this community via bicycle as the mode of transportation then, the first question i asked was to GOD and it was GOD WHO DID I OFFEND?

No Electricity, no Road, No Water,nothing from the Govt. If not for the fact i knew i was in Enugu, i would have thought i was in some remote part of Chad.

And if this place is still this way this year, then that is really sad.

But one thing about this community is their ability to show love to strangers and i wish i can still get in touch with some of them.

@OP is John Okafor and John Okorie still teachers in the School there? is Wasaco still operating his barbershop? what about Ijeoma Nwatu?and her brother?

Will send you a private pm now. Would love to get in touch with anybody from this community.

4 Likes

Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by Nobody: 3:32am On Jan 03, 2015
Enugu govt should do more with rural development. Development shouldn't stop @ Enugu capital city.

Meanwhile, the incumbent house of reps member representing Nkanu East/West Fed constituency is from this same Nkanu East. After 12 miserable years of representing her self, she was floored in the just concluded PDP primaries by Dr Chukwuemeka Ujam. I pray that this is the start of development for ihuokpara and Nkanu at large

1 Like

Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by soma042(m): 3:35am On Jan 03, 2015
SapeleDon:
This is very sad.

I served in this Village 15 Years ago, and if you think it is bad now then imagine how it was 15 years ago. When i got to this community via bicycle as the mode of transportation then, the first question i asked was to GOD and it was GOD WHO DID I OFFEND?

No Electricity, no Road, No Water,nothing from the Govt. If not for the fact i knew i was in Enugu, i would have thought i was in some remote part of Chad.

And if this place is still this way this year, then that is really sad.

But one thing about this community is their ability to show love to strangers and i wish i can still get in touch with some of them.

@OP is John Okafor and John Okorie still teachers in the School there? is Wasaco still operating his barbershop? what about Ijeoma Nwatu?and her brother?

Will send you a private pm now. Would love to get in touch with anybody from this community.

Thanks for your concern it's really bad here, just came back for Christmas after 5 yrs no change has been sited accept for electricity that was fixed barely last 2 yrs, the roads here undecribable worst pathetic mood,since i was born every five yrs interval they will come with there usual farm tractor to make way for dust and they will deceive us with the so called grading .I'm very sad for our govt. esp. pdp who we have plaged our allegiance with for past 18 yrs yet this community have been crying for help till date.
I'll try to make enquiries about the people you just mentioned and send your regards to them.
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by SapeleDon: 3:38am On Jan 03, 2015
soma042:

Thanks for your concern it's really bad here, just came back for Christmas after 5 yrs no change has been sited accept for electricity that was fixed barely last 2 yrs, the roads here undecribable worst pathetic mood,since i was born every five yrs interval they will come with there usual farm tractor to make way for dust and they will deceive us with the so called grading .I'm very sad for our govt. esp. pdp who we have plaged our allegiance with for past 18 yrs yet this community have been crying for help till date.
I'll try to make enquiries about the people you just mentioned and send your regards to them.

Thanks.

I tried to send you a private message but could not. Hopefully on my next trip to Nigeria will try to Visit the there.

I will appreciate if you can get the numbers of both or any of the Johns please.
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by soma042(m): 4:36am On Jan 03, 2015
SapeleDon:

Thanks.

I tried to send you a private message but could not. Hopefully on my next trip to Nigeria will try to Visit the there.

I will appreciate if you can get the numbers of both or any of the Johns please.

Ya I got it, you can check ur mail now
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by Capitano1(m): 4:51am On Jan 03, 2015
Some places in Nigeria are just side lined forever ,it's not for the Fg to do but the governors of that state ,to me the governor should be accountable for this.Look at it very well na one remote village that can't even produce a truck of sugarcane lol.

Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by soma042(m): 7:43am On Jan 03, 2015
Please the mod should help us move this topic where our govt. official will at least view it.
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by coolzeal(m): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2015
You think this is worst. Visit Nsukka local government area.
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by soma042(m): 8:07am On Jan 03, 2015
coolzeal:

Bro this is pathetic the way our leaders treat us is very bad. This road I'm telling is also federal govt road that link strait to Ebonyi state via Izzah community. This road when completed can serve as another easy rout to Ebonyi state
I think i have to agree with what the Rev. Mbaka just said resently to some extent we need CHANGE. Real change
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by gnykelly(m): 8:08am On Jan 03, 2015
I will advice you to lobby with radio stations in Enugu.
one of the reasons Lagos is the way it is today is because those Yoruba speaking radio stations shout about what they see which push the government to work.
anyway you have make a move but don't stop here talk to your community leader, don't go to the government directly go to media houses or buy newspaper pages.
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by soma042(m): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2015
gnykelly:
I will advice you to lobby with radio stations in Enugu.
one of the reasons Lagos is the way it is today is because those Yoruba speaking radio stations shout about what they see which push the government to work.
anyway you have make a move but don't stop here talk to your community leader, don't go to the government directly go to media houses or buy newspaper pages.

Your right bro, I've already sent a copy of the video to channels via eye witness report.
Hopefully they will channel it soon .
But what about the mod here take a look at the front page you be amazed with what appears on front page.
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by asha80(m): 8:49am On Jan 03, 2015
soma042:

Your right bro, I've already sent a copy of the video to channels via eye witness report.
Hopefully they will channel it soon .
But what about the mod here take a look at the front page you be amazed with what appears on front page.
maybe it is high time susbsequent Enugu gov conc on development of rural areas.
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by soma042(m): 8:58am On Jan 03, 2015
asha80:
maybe it is high time susbsequent Enugu gov conc on development of rural areas.

Yes, they should start here. The whole of Nkanu east is just nothing but a forgotten slum.
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 03, 2015
And you people should try as much as possible to have an APGA governor so that your dreams will look feasible.
Check Anambra State for example this is what we suffered in the hand of PDP, they didnt erect any structure yet through their mayhem they vandalized the few existing ones.
Today in Anambra though not a one city state but even the rural areas have more basic animinities than the urban areas, the rural Anambra enjoy everything the urban Anambra enjoy, all the rural areas in Anambra are motorable and this is not miracle its just having the guts to cage the PDP and every other things should be added unto you.

Check Abia and see how PDP have been on the prowl for 16yrs, we are expecting an APGA candidate there and you will see how positive energy will activate constant elevation in that state, Abia is about to have the breath of fresh natural air not that of carbon monoxiode overwhelming stale air from the saTANists.
Vote-AAA
A-ALEX.
A-ABIA.
A-APGA.

Enugwu dont even have an opposition party, everything starts and ends with PDP, why cant they do you people as they pleases, painting sidewalks and planting flowers in pre-colonial roads isnt development?
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by maestroferddi: 9:20am On Jan 03, 2015
This is what happens to you when you concentrate all your resources to the state capital.

Enugu hinterland/interior is in serious need of emancipation.
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by soma042(m): 9:29am On Jan 03, 2015
[s]
BuddahMonk:
And you people should try as much as possible to have an APGA governor so that your dreams will look feasible.
Check Anambra State for example this is what we suffered in the hand of PDP, they didnt erect any structure yet through their mayhem they vandalized the few existing ones.
Today in Anambra though not a one city state but even the rural areas have more basic animinities than the urban areas, the rural Anambra enjoy everything the urban Anambra enjoy, all the rural areas in Anambra are motorable and this is not miracle its just having the guts to cage the PDP and every other things should be added unto you.

Check Abia and see how PDP have been on the prowl for 16yrs, we are expecting an APGA candidate there and you will see how positive energy will activate constant elevation in that state, Abia is about to have the breath of fresh natural air not that of carbon monoxiode overwhelming stale air from the saTANists.
Vote-AAA
A-ALEX.
A-ABIA.
A-APGA.

Enugwu dont even have an opposition party, everything starts and ends with PDP, why cant they do you people as they pleases, painting sidewalks and planting flowers in pre-colonial roads isnt development?
[/s]

I'm not here for these
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by soma042(m): 9:31am On Jan 03, 2015
maestroferddi:
This is what happens to you when you concentrate all your resources to the state capital.

Enugu hinterland/interior is in serious need of emancipation.
Your right hope the next govt will concentrate more on rural project
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by xrisdon(m): 9:41am On Jan 03, 2015
coolzeal:
bros, where in nsukka lga ar u talking about
Re: PDP What Have We Done To Thee: Cry From People Of Ihuopkara Nkanu East Enugu Sta by soma042(m): 11:14am On Jan 03, 2015
janus05:
Enugu govt should do more with rural development. Development shouldn't stop @ Enugu capital city.

Meanwhile, the incumbent house of reps member representing Nkanu East/West Fed constituency is from this same Nkanu East. After 12 miserable years of representing her self, she was floored in the just concluded PDP primaries by Dr Chukwuemeka Ujam. I pray that this is the start of development for ihuokpara and Nkanu at large

(1) (Reply)

Abeokuta Stand Still For Buhari (picture) / 20 Oil Blocks Owners That Would Shock You. / The New Boko Haram Video On Youtube!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.