Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life (31940 Views)

12 Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re 100% Qualified) / Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers / Two Job Offers. I Am Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by kilokeys(m): 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
beau49:

Lol...you never disappoint.
Read the post without first checking the moniker,only to scroll back up to see it is you. tongue
kilokeys shey.. no mind me. blood go everyly dey hot on top this kain matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by misskenny(f): 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
I got a job as a class teacher for pry 4 (1) n 5 (3) both in d same class, pry 5 r preparing 4 Common Entrance, this job is jst 4 2wks (frm 8am - 3pm) and the woman expected me to collect 5k, coz I told her I was going to collect 15k, but we later agreed on 10k. She told me dat even their full-time staff doesn't get 15k per month, wit all my experiences. Anyway, she discharged me on the 6day i.e. a wk n d next monday, telling dat d teacher dat travelled had returned, she gave me 6k sha, nt bad bt d trans pain me ooooo, N200 everyday
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Rosarie(f): 1:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
drehdinho:
Before now In my thoughts, I always had the mind-set that, even when some people say Nigeria is so bad I thought that as an overstatement; not knowing that it's even worse than what anyone can imagine.

I was doing a job hunt this early morning. Then I found this miserable job offer ,Mathematics Teacher who's going to be offered a monthly salary of 8000 naira.

On seeing this ,I was like my eyes saw double,so I checked it again. I was so devastated by this ,and I had to close up my browser out of annoyance.

What could be the reason behind the moribund state of all Nigeria's sector.

Everything in Nigeria is sordid and paralysed ,I wonder what Nigeria is going to look like in the next 4 years.
I pray that God helps us all.
in benin some pay 5k
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Unionised(m): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
joseph1832:
Up yours!.

Get busy with a business plan and don't waste your energy with pointless annoyance.

Get busy!
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Godiloveu(f): 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
kilokeys:
u think i have all d money... ?.
i have d drive. this is nt about being conservative or frugal. its a call not to settle.
many pple would just say stuff like, hmmm i have to manage this one oo. some pple are looking for what i currently have.. before u know it 10 years is gone.

u have to know ur worth. the worth of ur education. and do everything possible to abandon mediocrity

for chrissake what could one possible save from a 10k job. tp feeding and all..

I thank God for u. mediocrity or not. graduate or not, ppl still receive this amount as salary . I ve proofs!!

private firms are only helping d labour market in reducing unemployment, if only d govt can help in making policies dat. will enhance entrepreneurs, pple can receive beta than dis.

the good thing is God still have methods in helping us survive.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by EndtimeBlessing: 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
Until we have a responsive government that can legislate and implement its legislation, this kind of rubbish will continue. Imagine you have trained a child in the school and he comes home with this kind of job offer?
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
kramer:

To be honest I can't say much about that but I noticed the location is in anambra and probably in some remote area. Surely the cost of living must be low enough to offer that amount
cost of living low? Bro I spent 4yrs in anambra and I can proudly tell you that the cost of living in anambra is nothing different from lagos. Aside cost of transportation, accommodation and stress put together, lagos is cheaper than anambra. In Lagos u can still get a balanced meal for 150 but in anambra Dats nearly impossible.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by drehdinho(m): 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
EndtimeBlessing:
Until we have a responsive government that can legislate and implement its legislation, this kind of rubbish will continue. Imagine you have trained a child in the school and he comes home with this kind of job offer?

Lolz. Help me tell them. Some people won't still get it. No matter how reasonable and aesthetic a point of argument may be, there will still be one little short-coming in it. What am trying to say is that, though we may still see some other reasons as to accepting this disrepute job offer, but the fact is this, turning down this kind of horrible offer, my friends, is just the best you can ever do to your destiny (ayanmo).
Like a popular yoruba axiom,"A bo oro la n so fun Omoluabi ,ti o BA denu-UN re a di o di-n-di" meaning,(a word is enough for the wise).
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by drehdinho(m): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
franciskaine:
cost of living low? Bro I spent 4yrs in anambra and I can proudly tell you that the cost of living in anambra is nothing different from lagos. Aside cost of transportation, accommodation and stress put together, lagos is cheaper than anambra. In Lagos u can still get a balanced meal for 150 but in anambra Dats nearly impossible.

Thank you for that.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
kilokeys:

and u think earning 80k is good enough?

u think having 10 places of work is feasible?

na wa o.. well.. everybody to his or her own.

at my lowest ebb in life.. i was teaching guitars for 2,500 naira per hour
choose your destiny

Can you play highlife melody very well?
Can u play with tempo?
If yes, inbox me on icevillebeatz@gmail.com so we can talk very well.

God bless

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by adedayourt(m): 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
Teachers reward is in heaven

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by billionsam(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
drehdinho:
Before now In my thoughts, I always had the mind-set that, even when some people say Nigeria is so bad I thought that as an overstatement; not knowing that it's even worse than what anyone can imagine.

I was doing a job hunt this early morning. Then I found this miserable job offer ,Mathematics Teacher who's going to be offered a monthly salary of 8000 naira.

On seeing this ,I was like my eyes saw double,so I checked it again. I was so devastated by this ,and I had to close up my browser out of annoyance.

Everything in Nigeria is sordid and paralysed ,I wonder what Nigeria is going to look like in the next 4 years.

U get luck, so u never see dis kind one.

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by drehdinho(m): 5:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
billionsam:

U get luck, so u never see dis kind one.

grin grin grin grin
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by sirp2007: 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
Until all form of employment is regulated, we will keep having this kind of rubbish.
From 8k
= they expect u 2 pay fare 2 place of work
=have lunch
=dress well
=buy recharge card
=train urself 2 be a better teacher

meanwhile 8k/month is 363 naira a day.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
its a big money for a jambite.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by SenatorJames(m): 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
jonescyras:
Op be like.......

Yeh!...8,000 naira?...that is the amount I spend on data plan every month!......
Correct guy! This reminds me of my excessive spending on data plan.

I thank God for his uncommon grace, things are not easy outside.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by SenatorJames(m): 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
adedayourt:
You mean heaven where Awolowo, Ojukwu and Azikwe are? Then heaven should be taking care of their children, build house for them and send them money for feeding. Lol!!!

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by SenatorJames(m): 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
adedayourt:
Then heaven should be feeding them, build house for them, pay for their children school fee, send them car e.t.c. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
kilokeys:
if u are an average student in maths u wouldnt even consider it.
lets say u work 8 to 2pm, 5 times a week thats 6 hours * 5 days = 30 hours

for a month u would have spent, 30 * 4 = 120hours

amount received per hour, 8,000/120= 66.6 naira per hour

66.6 naira is equivalent to 0.36 dollars

a non grad abroad cleaning floors earns 12 dollars per hour (33 times better).

only weak minded, timid and dull people would consider that offer

Have always said it, and still saying it.. A forum is never complete without a mathematician... God bless you bro...

and to mediocre here, Come and wash my toilet for 5k per month... shm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by kilokeys(m): 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ezechinwa:

Have always said it, and still saying it.. A forum is never complete without a mathematician... God bless you bro...

and to mediocre here, Come and wash my toilet for 5k per month... shm

thanks bro.. for giving me my 4,000th like on NL.. grin
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by adedayourt(m): 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
SenatorJames:
Then heaven should be feeding them, build house for them, pay for their children school fee, send them car e.t.c. grin grin grin

Ask any of dos pple u mentiond nd dey ll confirm to u hw heaven is takin care of dem grin
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Godson32(m): 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
sammondonpoint:
funny enough when I was applying for teaching Job, the three different Schools I saw offered the same amount, I don't bother resuming because I know they are part of unfortunate Schools we are talking about. The funniest thing is that two out these schools are secondary schools, Even the proprietor told me am gonna be teaching Mathematics and Further Maths from SS1 to SS3 with N8000 per month... grin grin grin.... I told him he should not worry that I will resume the next day.....

Closing the school gate....I took to my heels cheesy cheesy
Hehaha!! And u will need plenty of milk to keep the brain working. Maybe that 8k per month package is not for graduates or ond holders,it will be for wassce holders to teach jss or primary school students.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by kendraloops(f): 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
The hussle is real mehn!!

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Skillz02(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
For that amount
i know of a man who make
triple of that amount monthly
as a lesson teacher.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by rhames(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
drehdinho:

Use that as a stepping stone to your next job. If you have a passion for teaching continue for a while and think of establishing in future. good luck.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by preizton(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
misskenny:
I got a job as a class teacher for pry 4 (1) n 5 (3) both in d same class, pry 5 r preparing 4 Common Entrance, this job is jst 4 2wks (frm 8am - 3pm) and the woman expected me to collect 5k, coz I told her I was going to collect 15k, but we later agreed on 10k. She told me dat even their full-time staff doesn't get 15k per month, wit all my experiences. Anyway, she discharged me on the 6day i.e. a wk n d next monday, telling dat d teacher dat travelled had returned, she gave me 6k sha, nt bad bt d trans pain me ooooo, N200 everyday
Which town are you living in?
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by misskenny(f): 10:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
preizton:
Which town are you living in?
surulere, lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russian Oil Firms Plan 10,000 Jobs In Nigeria / Career Website Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria / MTN Nigeria Latest 2017 Recruitment (5 Vacant Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.