Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers (25638 Views)

I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by hizzylife(f): 9:09am On Mar 31, 2017
Please my fellow Nairalanders, advice me accordingly.

I am a Batch A Corp member passing out soon. All these while I've been applying for jobs I saw here and on other platforms but my efforts have not yielded much fruits though I'm still hopeful.
However, I have two options I'm currently considering. One is that my PPA (a private secondary school) is willing to retain me for #22k per month with accommodation and secondly I have a job offer with an Indian company to work as a quality control officer for #25k/month.
Now my confusion is that though the Indian company is in my field but their working conditions are terrible. It entails that I work 7am-6pm, Monday -Saturday and live within the factory premises which means no visitors or free movement. But the school offers me time (I'll work 7:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri, free weekend midterm break and holiday) and freedom in case I want to improve myself in other areas.
Now should I choose the Indian company for the sake of experience or the school for the sake of time and freedom it offers?
Finally I studied food science and technology with additional qualifications in Project Management and HSE. I'm open for other job options.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Epositive(m): 9:12am On Mar 31, 2017
i'll be back

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by generalbush(m): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2017
Choose the school. Indians are good for nothing here in Nigeria and everywhere in the world!!

220 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Aremu01(m): 10:00am On Mar 31, 2017
Guy go to sch The working conditions of the company isn't worth it at all

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Idydarling(f): 10:24am On Mar 31, 2017
only difference of 3k, chose the school dear, thank me later

76 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by KillerBeauty(f): 10:29am On Mar 31, 2017
Depending on your interest. If you like teaching children and you want to build a career from it go for the school job. You can use your free time to search for better job

But if you want to continue in your field go for the Indian coy job. You will be able to get relevant job experience that you can build your career on. Though the work conditions might be stressful but you will get the needed work exposure required in your field.

17 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by dhantey324(m): 10:51am On Mar 31, 2017
If I were u, I will go with the teaching job. I hate working on Saturday's undecided

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by idu1(m): 11:05am On Mar 31, 2017
There is no money in the two jobs.

27 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by twosquare(m): 11:14am On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

I am a Batch A Corp member passing out soon. All these while I've been applying for jobs I saw here and on other platforms but my efforts have not yielded much fruits though I'm still hopeful.
However, I have two options I'm currently considering. One is that my PPA (a private secondary school) is willing to retain me for #22k per month with accommodation and secondly I have a job offer with an Indian company to work as a quality control officer for #25k/month.
Now my confusion is that though the Indian company is in my field but their working conditions are terrible. It entails that I work 7am-6pm, Monday -Saturday and live within the factory premises which means no visitors or free movement. But the school offers me time (I'll work 7:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri, free weekend midterm break and holiday) and freedom in case I want to improve myself in other areas.
Now should I choose the Indian company for the sake of experience or the school for the sake of time and freedom it offers?
Finally I studied food science and technology with additional qualifications in Project Management and HSE. I'm open for other job options. I can be contacted through 07050668262.
Go for the private school....abeg for the Indian company, grab your two ears and run....SAYNOTOSLAVERYJOB

38 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by napoleon77(m): 11:20am On Mar 31, 2017
The honest truth is that both jobs should be seen as short term jobs. I do not see you spending a long time in either job due to the salaries on offer.

You would obviously be looking for other opportunities irrespective of which of the 2 you chose.

I would advise you take the job in the Indian company just for the work experience so long as you have a plan to move on within the next few months. The money and working conditions could be terrible but the work experience would be invaluable.

At this stage of your career, work experience is more important. Some people even work for free just to gain relevant work experience.

If you take the job in the school you may enjoy the working conditions but the work experience may not be that valuable.

Irrespective of which offer you take, just don't plan to remain there in the long term.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by alex81(m): 11:33am On Mar 31, 2017
if u want to be a professional in ur career which I assume u must considering d no. of years spent studying at school. I advice u go for d Indian job. Gather enough experience den use it to get a better paying job in d future.

in ds present naija experience is everything if u must get a good job.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 31, 2017
Take the school and use your spare time to find a Job. 25k for Monday to Saturday and 7-6pm no visitors? Mba

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Geekop: 11:41am On Mar 31, 2017
Go for the sec school job.... Indians only know how to exploit and waste ppl's destiny... U ll get other job opportunities and have time for ursef

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by okeythaone: 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
go for the school job. it will even give u more time to look for another better offer.

8 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by DLuciano: 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
guy, run away from Indian jobs, they will use everything in you and later throw you out, you cant satisfy them.

10 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by dxdiag(m): 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Deep down ur heart, you already know what to do. I know you re only here for opinions.

Follow ur mind, you knw ur wants in life and strenght. Dont let anybody discourage you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by MrHenshaw: 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

Finally I studied food science and technology with additional qualifications in Project Management and HSE. I'm open for other job options.

My dear,this is as simple as anything u can imagine.Moreover u already have the answer on where u are going,true or false?
Incase u don't know,don't ever look at d chinese company.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Cchuks27(m): 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
I'll advise you go for the school offer. It will give you much needed time to apply for better suitable jobs. Also, kindly give yourself a timeline, let's say 10 - 15 month at most to have left the school and gotten something better.

I wish you the best. Good luck.

Checkout CareerTrainee for your daily graduate jobs board

www.careertrainee.com

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Slickbishop(m): 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2017
I will advise u go for the job at the Indian firm cuz of the experience you will garner from there which will surely help u when looking for other jobs, I know it is hard for now but what u need is experience and not enjoyment, Indian firms is where u will surely learn and gather enuf skills, the major thing now in Nigeria is experience

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by TINALETC3(f): 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2017
undecided Indians wl frustrate ur carreer, dey AR nt Gud at all, go 4 d skul pls, work 4 dem and u wl regret it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by PublicAssurance: 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Both.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by brostheo(m): 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
Let me ask the only spirit to intercede on her behalf mbok,cause I have nothing to say
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
Go for the school and have time to plan your life. Indian coy won't give you time to search for other jobs.

7 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by guuttj(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
pls dont go to this overhyped foreigners with red skin who employ indirect slavery to enrich their economy from here
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by dukeo(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

A wise man said to me "we work to earn a living so why do we die working" congratulations sha

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by material988(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
Go for the teaching, it will give you more tomorrow for advancement and more time for ur self..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian AirForce Recruitment 2016 / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job / 2022 Graduate Trainee Program At Sterling Bank Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.