Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State (10807 Views)

Buhari Will Build 5000 Houses In Each State Of The Federation - Shehuri / See What Each State Got As Federal Allocation For February 2016 / List Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by skimarvel: 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
Be Informed! This is the total number of eligible voters in
each Six Geopolitical Zone in Nigeria by INEC
[1] SOUTH EAST:
¤Abia 1,481,191
¤Anambra 1,758,220
¤Enugu 1,301,185
¤Imo 1,611,715
¤Ebonyi 876,249
TOTAL = 7,028,560
[2] SOUTH WEST:
¤Lagos 6,247,845
¤Ogun 1,869,326
¤Osun 1,293,967
¤Ondo 1,558,975
¤Ekiti 750,753
¤Oyo 2,577,490
TOTAL=14,298,35 6
[3] SOUTH SOUTH:
¤Edo 1,412;225
¤Delta 1,900,055
¤Bayelsa 472,389
¤Akwa Ibom 1,714,781
¤RIvers 2,419,057
¤C/Rivers 1,018,550
TOTAL 8,937,057
[4] NORTH CENTRAL:
¤Benue 1,415,162
¤Kogi 1,215,405
¤Kwara 1,115,665
¤Nassarawa 1,224,206
¤Niger 721,478
¤Plateau 1,983,453
TOTAL 7,675,369
[5] NORTH EAST:
¤Adamawa 1,714,860
¤Bauchi 1,835,562
¤Borno 2,730,368
¤Gombe 1,266,993
¤Taraba 1,308,106
¤Yobe 1,182,230
TOTAL 10,038,119
[6] NORTH WEST:
¤Jigawa 1,852,698
¤Kano 5,135,415
¤Katsina 2,931,668
¤Kaduna 3,565,762
¤Kebbi 1,603,468
¤Sokoto 2,065,508
¤Zamfara 1,746,024
TOTAL 18,900,543
Please let us ensure we monitor our votes from the polling
units to the ward, to the Local Govt, up to the State
levels. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by alberto2k(m): 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Issokay

Let's agree to disagree

I see GMB taking 30 states

GMB till 2019

9 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by lordnammy(m): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
your source
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by skimarvel: 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
seriously this isn't the best news for jonathan..Majority of voters are from south west and north west which Gmb and osibanjo represent..it is a hard one for mr president
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by skimarvel: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
lordnammy:
your source
Google is just a click..

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
skimarvel:
seriously this isn't the best news for jonathan..Majority of voters are from south west and north west which Gmb and osibanjo represent..it is a hard one for mr president

Bro, elections are not carried out on social media. Get your PVC and go vote. Assumptions and realities are different things

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by solreb: 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
I hail all you patriotic Nigerians on this forum. My concern is about the fact that INEC wants to disenfranchise so many Nigerians in the 2015 elections. My wife and I are yet to get our PVCs. At the INEC office in PHC they promise to call us despite repeated visits. New voters could not register because of lack of materials. Same problem was faced by some voters in Alimosho LGA Lagos as they could not get PVC. What is the way forward? Can INEC be compelled to allow us use our temp voters cards since it is INEC that failed in producing the cards. A lot of us want to vote Jonathan out and we want our votes to count. Any suggestions on how the way forward?

4 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
skimarvel:

Votes from the southwest does not depicts votes from the yorubas, it simple mean votes from Nigerians residing in the SW, same goes to the other geo-political zones

3 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
The SW will be a battle ground for votes and I see GEJ defeating the illiterate general there. The illiterate general will carry the NW for obvious reasons. The NE will be another battle ground for votes and I see GEJ taking Adamawa and Taraba with simple majority. Gej will score 40% in Borno and Gombe, not too sure of Bauchi and the Illiterate general will win Yobe. GEJ will win these NC states of Nasarrawa, Plateau, Benue and Kogi state, while Niger and Kwara may fall to the illiterate General

The illiterate general scored about 12Million votes across the country in 2011 shows not every voter that makes 18Million in the NW will vote for him no matter what
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by gebest: 2:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
U make me laugh, did u think pdp care about numbers, hahaha, they only care about rigging hahaha.

3 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
I do not see the Illiterate general getting additional 5million votes added to 12Million he had, no matter the negative CHANGE being proposed by his dresser's to make him look acceptable
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by bjolodo99: 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
gej how u go du a m chai .......
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by femikay149(m): 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
when i keep telling people that the North and South West will determine this election

You can see south east ve d lowest nos of voters.

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by Duru1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:

Bro, elections are not carried out on social media. Get your PVC and go vote. Assumptions and realities are different things

Do not get dude educated.
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
femikay149:
when i keep telling people that the North and South West will determine this election

You can see south east ve d lowest nos of voters.

Southeast may have the least number of voter but do you also include Igbo votes in southwest as yours? I think you need to consult your party apc in lagos so they can brief you.

2 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by youngice(m): 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ozin:
The SW will be a battle ground for votes and I see GEJ defeating the illiterate general there. The illiterate general will carry the NW for obvious reasons. The NE will be another battle ground for votes and I see GEJ taking Adamawa and Taraba with simple majority. Gej will score 40% in Borno and Gombe, not too sure of Bauchi and the Illiterate general will win Yobe. GEJ will win these NC states of Nasarrawa, Plateau, Benue and Kogi state, while Niger and Kwara may fall to the illiterate General

The illiterate general scored about 12Million votes across the country in 2011 shows not every voter that makes 18Million in the NW will vote for him no matter what

Because you've seen the future
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by doctokwus: 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
solreb:
Can INEC be compelled to allow us use our temp voters cards since it is INEC that failed in producing the cards. A lot of us want to vote Jonathan out and we want our votes to count. Any suggestions on how the way forward?
Pls inec she endeavor to use d PVC and not d tvc because use of the TVC is an open invitation to rigging by d govt in power
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by richybanky(m): 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dr Mimiko promised GEJ 1million votes wen pple dat would come out to vote will not even up to a million.. I see rigging tins grin grin
Lord have mercy

2 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
youngice:

Because you've seen the future

Statistically, you can use the past and present data to forecast the next election, so you do not need to be an Olumba Olumba,TB Joshua or Father Mbarka to do that grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by schrondinger: 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
richybanky:
Dr Mimiko promised GEJ 1million votes wen pple dat would come out to vote will not even up to a million.. I see rigging tins grin grin
Lord have mercy
no mind am even voters will no t up to 800000.
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by richybanky(m): 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
schrondinger:
no mind am even voters will no t up to 800000.
I dey tell u broda, pple dat came out to vote 2 years ago ar not upto 600000 and d man dey give GEJ hope, don't know how dey going to do it unless dey do massive rigging
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by mamajohn(f): 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ozin:

You are daydreaming!

3 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by youngice(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ozin:

Statistically, you can use the past and present data to forecast the next election, so you do not need to be an Olumba Olumba,TB Joshua or Father Mbarka to do that grin grin grin grin grin
Under the assumption that humans don't change

3 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by schrondinger: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
richybanky:

I dey tell u broda, pple dat came out to vote 2 years ago ar not upto 600000 and d man dey give GEJ hope, don't know how dey going to do it unless dey do massive rigging
I stay in ondo, buhari and jona will share d vote 50/50

2 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by richybanky(m): 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
schrondinger:
Seconded! Am an ondo base too
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by mamajohn(f): 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
schrondinger:
GEJ will get 30% of votes in Ondo State only by rigging
The governor of Ondo State is finished politically

5 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by Flye: 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
My take is that who ever wins should satisfy the people's yarn while who ever losses should take the defeat and work for the benefit of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by BABSIN(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
NEC puts total voters at 70,383,427, creates 30,000 new polling units

Chuks Okocha and Muhammad Bello

As the country heads for the 2015 general elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has put the current total number of registered voters in Nigeria at 70,383,427, of which Lagos with 5,426,391 has the highest number of registered voters in the country.

Nigeria’s commercial capital is followed by Kano with the second highest number of registered voters of 4,751,818.

Releasing the list of registered voters yesterday in Abuja, INEC also created 30,027 new polling units in all the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), as part of efforts to decongest polling units (PUs) across the country, bringing the total number of units nationwide to 150,000.

According to an INEC bulletin circulated to the press and signed by the director in charge of the commission’s secretariat, Ishiaku A. Gali, the commission said the decision to create the additional polling units was taken at the INEC meeting on Tuesday, August 12, 2014.
Before the decision to create more polling units, there were 119,973 of them across the 774 local governments.

According to the 2010 Electoral Act, each PU is expected to have not more than 500 voters, but during elections there are PUs that have more than 500 voters.
A glance at the approved re-allocation of 150,000 PUs nationwide showed that Lagos is leading in terms of proportional distribution.
Lagos with 5,426,391 registered voters got an additional 2,870 PUs, bringing its total to 11,565 polling units.

It is followed by Kano with a voting strength of 4,751,818, which was allocated 2,053 new PUs, bringing the total number to 9,809.
INEC, in the statement, said Kano State, which has 10,127 PUs based on proportional distribution of 150,000 and 9,809 based on approved new PU allocation.

Kaduna State has registered voters of 3,743,815 and got 2,878 new PUs, increasing its total number of units to 7,485.
Katsina State with 2,928,046 voters got 1,339 PUs more to bring the total number of PUs in the state to 3,818.
In the same vein, Jigawa State with a voting strength of 1,817,087 got an additional 346 PUs, making a total of 3,677 units in the state, Ogun State with 1,796,024 registered voters was allocated 569 new PUs, increasing its total to 3,818.

Baylsa State, with the lowest number of registered voters of 590,679, got 121 new units, increasing its total to 1,925. (See detailed table on pages 1 and …).

Also, the commission yesterday ruled out the possibility of Nigerians in the Diaspora voting during the 2015 elections, just as it indicated that it is making preparations to ensure that security officials on election duty are not disenfranchised during the exercise.
Chairman of the commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, admonished federal lawmakers at a public hearing organised by the House of Representatives Committee on Electoral Matters to amend the Electoral Act.

This is just as the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, said next year's general election would be a historical landmark in Nigeria's history, thus urging politicians to be cautious.

According to Jega, even if the Electoral Act is amended to allow Nigerians overseas, to vote the commission lacks the logistics to involve them in the exercise in 2015, but added that Nigerians who are abroad might be considered to participate in future elections.
He added that electronic voting would also not be possible in 2015.

He said: “I must be sincere with you. Even if the constitution is amended now, it will be practically impossible for Nigerians in the Diaspora to vote in 2015. It is practically impossible for us to commence that next year, but the amendment should be done before the 2015 elections for future elections.

“The issue of electronic voting should also be accommodated before the 2015 elections, but we cannot conduct elections electronically next year. It will be for future elections.”

He however requested an extension of the seven days set aside for run-off elections for the offices of the president and governors as provided in the Electoral Act to at least 21 days, “because it is technically impossible to do a run-off in seven days”.

He also asked for an extension of the days for the transfer of voters from the approved 45 days by the lawmakers to 60 days due to the technicalities involved, even though the Electoral Act provides for 35 days.

To him, the amendment of Section 25, which provides for a by-election whenever there is vacancy in a position would be appropriate so that all by-elections would be conducted twice every year instead of once.
He endorsed the amendment to Section 29 (cool on the deployment of “the Nigerian Armed Forces only for the purpose of securing the distribution and delivery of election materials”.

On his part, Tambuwal admonished all stakeholders, especially members of the National Assembly to tidy up every aspect of the regulations governing the conduct of elections, saying: “If our electoral law is technically and morally sound, it will go a long way in ensuring that we have free and fair elections in 2015 and beyond.”

According to him, it is the desire of lawmakers “to ensure a level playing field for all participants in the electoral process and for a more transparent process of conducting elections in Nigeria”.

“The 2015 elections will no doubt mark a watershed in our nation's history. As participants in this hearing, you have an opportunity and a duty to ensure that you contribute to making the elections the best that they can be,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by Jokay07(m): 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:

yes elections are not won on social media but we can as well derive facts from figures. South west and north west are the battle ground.
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by citizenY(m): 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ozin:

There are statistics ,figures and lies. When you put them in the hands of charlatans, a lie is the obvious product.

Mr. Ozin, you have displayed complete ignorance in your presentation by not considering current factors that could, one way or the other influence the outcome of this election ,among which,are
- mergers, defections and disenchantment with performance of parties at all levels of government
~ internal strife and protest votes where zoning is an issue
~ effects of a more mobilised electorate especially in the media.

Do you envisage a higher vote for Buhari, for example, with the mergers?
Do you envisage a higher vote for Jonathan by virtue of performance, incumbency, wider network and longer presence in the political space??

Surely, illiterate Buhari has already thought of all these.

A more enlightened Ozin should have considered these factors and more before broadcasting his ignorance. All this cut and paste effort is useless.

But, as they say ,ignorance is bliss , enjoy.
While doing so, be informed that your literacy is called into question

.....PEACE

PS

I do not intend to comment further as you and your co travellers are no doubt going to insult me.

3 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by raumdeuter: 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
NORTHWEST 18.9million
SOUTHWEST 14.3million
NORTHEAST 10million
SOUTHSOUTH 8.9m
NORTHCENTRAL 7.6million
SOUTHEAST 7million

Nigerian regions in their order of electoral importance. GMB controls the 3 most important. Rigging aside, I cant see how Jonathan would survive

Buhari wins the whole NORTHWEST = 7 states, Wins Borno, Bauchi, Gombe Yobe, Kwara, Niger, Osun, Ogun, Oyo, Lagos, Adamawa, Ondo, Nasarawa

Thats already 20 states
Re: Total Number Of Eligible Voters In Each State by Dannyset(m): 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
They hav guns, we hav our PVCs. They always rig, but we are ready for them dis time around. CHANGE must shele.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blood Of Pensioners Not On My Head – Okorocha / 2019: Group Backs Dankwambo For President / Appeal Court Affirms Adeyemi As Kogi West Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.