Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience (18420 Views)

I Have 50k, What Phone Can I Buy With It? (good Battery, Ram And 4G) / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? / How To Change Boring Default Andriod Emoji To IOS Emoji (cool) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by pauldehero(m): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2015
: lets make the glo network the
best in africa,download glo
unlimited ,artist
contact,paulheromusic@gmail.com.YOU
can port right now...Glo unlimited ....http://
www.datafilehost.com/d/a36dc0f9
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by martincbarton: 10:21am On Jan 15, 2015
And I'm considering buying one.

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Newkidoo(m): 10:24am On Jan 15, 2015
Am using a windows phone and am enjoying it!! But all what d op said Is true!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by hydeka: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2015
Team android.

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by robay(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2015
UchihaItachi:

Believe what exactly? That Windows 8.1 has a file manager or that Windows tabs run on Windows RT which is basically the same version on pcs?
really ? grin
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by reaky(m): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2015
#teamBB10
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Seuncoded(f): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2015
Given out latest Nigeria Education News:- You can also check for jamb latest reprinting date

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Durchmann(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2015
Guys who post all this gibberish about Windows phone have either never used Windows Phone 8.1 and also did a comparison with BlackBerry 10. Forget the android side loading, I find BlackBerry 10 to be the most boring. Very few native apps, no virtual assistant and even worse of is that most apps on the app world are even android ports. The side loading thing even looks so geeky that only few will walk that path. This is from someone who has used both platforms. Don't judge from the outside. Live it for a good season and then testify. I don't fancy all this generalisation trends these days.

3 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by julybaba(m): 10:33am On Jan 15, 2015
Andriod is the best, although, am using BB because of andriod data palaver.

HAVE YOU SENT YOUR DAILY FREE SMS

SEND IT NOW

http://www.askpentagon.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by anthoniaz(f): 10:33am On Jan 15, 2015
zleemshaddy:
Windows phone, so boring undecided
Very very boring.

2 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by paranorman(m): 10:35am On Jan 15, 2015
martineverest:
All these ll change with windows 10.....as microsoft is about to unify all windows to one kernel(xbox,pc,tablets,phones etc),apps developers ll be forced to develope apps for windows phone.this is due to the fact that microsoft rules the pc and gaming world....once u develop an app for a game console or pc,the app is automatically available for phone as a result of same kernel(unified windows)...microsoft tends to use the power of 1.5billion pcs and xbox console to lure developers.this is one of the reasons why google is trying to make chromebook and chrome os avalable to everyone as fast as possible ( pc still control technology,google also fears that microsoft and apple might use the power of x86 os like windows and mac os in phones) ...........i guess steve ballmer and windows 8 caused this poor start of windows fone
microsoft have this habbit of coming in late, they really have to loosen up a bit.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Alphonsocapone(m): 10:41am On Jan 15, 2015
#TeamAndroidUsers

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Wuuworld(m): 10:42am On Jan 15, 2015
Some Naija babes go be like"these are the reasons why I prefer Door phones to window phones"..........I die here
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by proxyjobs: 10:45am On Jan 15, 2015
@op your definitely in secondary school to say windows phones are boring...if your looking to play fifa and temple run..
i suggest andriod..but if ur looking to use your office 365..office project...dynamics crm, yammer ,one drive..share point online
etc..then windows is yours..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by fijiano202(m): 10:47am On Jan 15, 2015
Op u can lie...you can watch and download you be videos thru Youtube HD...it has been in existence since OS 7.5.....

There are lots of good file manager....stop writing crap abt a phone u don't use or own

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Kenai: 10:52am On Jan 15, 2015
Abeg, endeavour to let me know when their junk Windows Phoney starts reading .exe files.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by muhsain299(m): 11:03am On Jan 15, 2015
is there a app for transferring applications for WP....a app like xender
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 15, 2015
UchihaItachi:

Believe what exactly? That Windows 8.1 has a file manager or that Windows tabs run on Windows RT which is basically the same version on pcs?
windows RT is not the same with desktop windows 8 or 8.1 you find on laptops.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Alfred234(m): 11:05am On Jan 15, 2015
windows phone is not that bad its good for business men.

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by DAVE5(m): 11:10am On Jan 15, 2015
martineverest:
All these ll change with windows 10.....as microsoft is about to unify all windows to one kernel(xbox,pc,tablets,phones etc),apps developers ll be forced to develope apps for windows phone.this is due to the fact that microsoft rules the pc and gaming world....once u develop an app for a game console or pc,the app is automatically available for phone as a result of same kernel(unified windows)...microsoft tends to use the power of 1.5billion pcs and xbox console to lure developers.this is one of the reasons why google is trying to make chromebook and chrome os avalable to everyone as fast as possible ( pc still control technology,google also fears that microsoft and apple might use the power of x86 os like windows and mac os in phones) ...........i guess steve ballmer and windows 8 caused this poor start of windows fone

till then, but for now, windows phone won't catch a dime from me
I've collected some colleagues windows phone and played around with it and it's not an experience I want to taste again

install a windows launcher on ur Droid and u have a more advanced windows fone

#TeamiOS&Android.... best of both worlds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by DAVE5(m): 11:11am On Jan 15, 2015
Alfred234:
windows phone is not that bad its good for business men.

windows phone is good for bizness men, yes

but iPhone wld certainly be better
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by DAVE5(m): 11:14am On Jan 15, 2015
Wuuworld:
Some Naija babes go be like"these are the reasons why I prefer Door phones to window phones"..........I die here

*falls from the chair, stands up and continue pinging with his 3310*
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by laplace12(m): 11:17am On Jan 15, 2015
I'm enjoying my windows phone. Don't know what you guys are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by OtunbaJega: 11:25am On Jan 15, 2015
BUY a LUMIA 930 and YOUR EXPERIENCE WILL BE GREAT

3 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by staymore: 11:27am On Jan 15, 2015
The picture quality is another problem with Windows phone too.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by redcliff: 11:27am On Jan 15, 2015
Samsantos9:
I was considering buying a windows tab, but cos of the last point I'm having a rethink.

Dont let anybody sway you. Functionalities are different.. if you know what you are looking for in something and you see it, go for it!
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by honorbule(m): 11:30am On Jan 15, 2015
aze:
Limited apps
According to Microsoft, Windows Phone has 525,000 apps available for users to download. That number is a mix of free, fake and paid apps, but it is still minute compared to what Google and Apple have on their respective app stores. At the time of writing, there are 1,418,453 apps on Google Play, according to AppBrain, while Apple has about 1.2 million apps as of June 2014. One reason for the low number of apps for Windows Phone is that app developers are not interested in developing for a platform that has minimal appeal to consumers.

Lack of official apps
For instance, doing a search for the YouTube app on a Windows Phone app store will yield dozens of fake apps as Google did not make one. Microsoft does offer its version of an official YouTube app, but it can easily get lost in the sea of fake YouTube apps.

Way too late
Windows is the last platform chose by developers as far as apps are concerned. The app store has only a fraction of apps that other stores have. If apps do become available for Windows Phone, it may have already missed the boat as people have moved on.

Application Updates Way Way too late
Application updates a little bit longer than the other OS. Because users of Windows Phone fairly far less than Android and iOS, the developers usually will put in a second application update OS from Google and Apple, then update to Windows Phone 8 will be issued.

Boring User Experience
It has only one interface with live tiles which may bore some users. The User Interface is another major problem it has only one Interface with live Tiles at the Starting of using this device the Interface is ok but Continuous Use of the same interface may get bored to the User.

Lack of Reliable System Wide File Manager

One of the Major Problem is There is no System Wide File Manager. We donot have any App also for this, For Access of Files in your Mobile you have to connect it to the System.

Add Yours

Pix of some window phones below:
it's still better than rim's blackberry os10 apps store...

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Baddestguyp(m): 11:30am On Jan 15, 2015
Newkidoo:
Am using a windows phone and am enjoying it!! But all what d op said Is true!!
u can be sure you'll still get tired of it.

this is why I love my android, virtually every 2-3 weeks, I re-customize my phone to make it look totally different.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 15, 2015
MZdamola:

Lol
grin what abt u?
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 15, 2015
One of my consideration for buying any phone is if there are Nigerian banks mobile app in it store.

I was almost buying the lumia 930 when I realised that it doesn't have my bank mobile app...I immed lost all interest.

The bright colours are also a turn off for me.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Lakeshizu(m): 11:42am On Jan 15, 2015
if windows phone is boring to you, then try android.
I have a Lumia 925 and I love it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update / Like Facebook, Zoom To Start Charging 7.5% VAT From Nigerian Users / Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.