Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,848 members, 7,824,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience (18444 Views)

I Have 50k, What Phone Can I Buy With It? (good Battery, Ram And 4G) / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? / How To Change Boring Default Andriod Emoji To IOS Emoji (cool) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Femi2Ranking(m): 7:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
[quote author=Lakeshizu post=29812059]so why will u say windows is boring
I have my GTB app to send money to my loved ones
I have Twitter, vine, wechat and BBM to keep up with social happenings
I have my Manchester United app to keep with my team
I have Global TV, youtube, Channels Tv and vine app to watch movies and news on the go
I have Team viewer app ( i love this app), I control my Lpatop with my phone.
I have addidas Micoach to help stay fit.
I h
ave Sweet crush, Sonic boom, Call off Duty 5, Asphalt 8, and Wordsby free post, I game till i kill my battery always.

[quote] abet which data plan are you doing
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
LikeTheWind:

I thought windows phone is an OS, how come the OS makes the phones heavy and bulky?

Was referring to Lumix phones in that part
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by UchihaItachi(m): 7:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
krall:
windows RT is not the same with desktop windows 8 or 8.1 you find on laptops.

I didn't say they're exactly the same, Windows RT is optimized for mobile devices and light pcs yes, pcs also use it

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-rt-faq
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by greetings(f): 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
Boring is an understatement, abeg! After few weeks of buying it,i realised Its a nightmare for a mobile, nice on PC sha. Also, it depends on your kinda person sha, am def changing to Android soon.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by spacefreak: 9:59pm On Jan 15, 2015
caniva:
[/b]

Please don't stress yourself disclosing the goodness we are enjoying on Windows Phones. I love WP like kilode! and am even planing on going for LUMIA 1210 with over 40-megapixel camera. Currently I use Lumia 820. It's my 5th WP in lest than 2-years.

I wish OP never come up with this kind of topic, cos they just disclose to us how [b]emptied
they are when it comes to TECH that compensate and satisfy customers' hard earned money.

Ee'yah! did u even tell them WPs Screen don't SCRATCH no matter what?

Haha I even forgot about that. Most android fans aren't techy. They don't even understand what they use, they just buy because its popular...reminds me when blackberry was the shiznit and how it ended terribly. I used Android when everyone was on blackberry. Android is the new craze I guess. In the mean time Im enjoying my windows phone. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by spacefreak: 10:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
Nokialumia720:
thanks, what about the bar3 backup and the picture quality. How is the screen resolution.

Battery life is excellent IMO. Your mileage may vary cause different people use phones in different ways. I don't believe in heavy gaming on mobile that's why I have a console. I mostly use mine to stay connected...IM light browsing, check mails, you know that kind of stuff. Picture quality is okay but it wont win many contests. All in all its a good phone and its a major bang for bucks.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by IanDiamonds: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2015
Whoever posted tis... Ain't ever used a WP8.1 device
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by princemedico: 8:05am On Jan 16, 2015
This is an old article and tge OP did not even bother to edit before posting it here in 2015.
The only valid point there is the lack of app, but the truth is a lot of android peep who shout app app don't know shit.
I was with an android user sometime ago and he was ranting about apps, so I simply took his phone browsed through it and I couldn't find an app he uses that does not have a WP version or equivalent.
So guy don't bother answering these peep.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Samsantos9: 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
redcliff:

Dont let anybody sway you. Functionalities are different.. if you know what you are looking for in something and you see it, go for it!
Alright thanks
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Samsantos9: 5:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
UchihaItachi:

Windows 8.1 comes with a file manager

BTW, Windows tabs actually use the pc version of Windows OS, not mobile
Oh, I see. Thanks!
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by jmaine: 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
The OP is confidently very ignorant . . . . grin
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
OtunbaJega:
BUY a LUMIA 930 and YOUR EXPERIENCE WILL BE GREAT
nice u knw gud tins or better still get a lumia 1520 dat fone is damm awesome

2 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by LeonMacJames(m): 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
when comparing the windows phone versus the android phone the only factor that favours the android phone is just that android is An Open Source Project. ( aosp). apart from that the windows fone beats the android done in all manners and aspects especially in overall performance . but when comparing the android is to the windows os .Microsoft wins in terms of deep customisation ,fluid ui's. and a severe value for money. a windows fone can run asphalt 8 with only 512mb ram 1.2 GHz processor. but an android cant even smoothly run RoboCop of just 78mb without enormously lagging given similar specs. But phone users don't be. deceived the performance of or smart fine is strongly. based on the OEMS. the brand that. carries the OS. my dear Op my experience with the windows platform was never boring. unless u have a different definition of boring.

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Collinz2(m): 11:26pm On Jan 16, 2015
Some guys are talking dann sh!!!t, if asphalt 8 can run on windows phone with 512mb of ram that means the game was developed to run on it, bt android is different most games run on android 4 and later only, some run on android 2 only, some run on all device, some run on 1gb ram phone jst like that.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by quil36(m): 10:30am On Jan 17, 2015
Get Etisalat shared data bundle at a cheaper rate.

1gig ---N1300
750mb---N1000
500mb---N700
250mb---N400

Interested buyers can contact us on:
Call/ whatsapp: 09092684000
BBM : 531DC172
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
abeg people wey Neva use windows phone dey complain say e dey boring... Nigerians ehn
I have not used a windows phone but from my observation its quite cool. and colorful blocks.
I have one Nokia lumia 520 new one....which I bought since last month...for sale.
using a windows phone should be nice....
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Cvesta(m): 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
greetings:
Boring is an understatement, abeg! After few weeks of buying it,i realised Its a nightmare for a mobile, nice on PC sha. Also, it depends on your kinda person sha, am def changing to Android soon.
hope you will dash me that fone you are despising? which model is it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive Mobile Phones In The World / Tecno Camon CX VS Tecno Camon C9 Specifications Differences / Like Facebook, Zoom To Start Charging 7.5% VAT From Nigerian Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.