Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? (6427 Views)

Please Tell Me About This Car / Advice Needed: Should I Buy A 2003 Audi A6 I4 1.8turbo 20v As A First Car / Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ehimax:

where do you get the parts from ? can you confirm if I can get same for my V-boot dat same price?
I get my parts here in Ilorin. Although the man had to get the tail light cover from Lagos on order. The light should be around the same price for v-boot.

You can get some advice from any good 'rewire' around you.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Ehimax(m): 12:10am On Feb 02, 2015
I use like 1k fuel for like 3days going to work at Ikeja from mile12 smtimes I even go to begger. the only time I top up is wen I have to drive in holdup I tink d fuel consumption is only tripped by holdup
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by emirp: 5:19am On Feb 02, 2015
Pls can I get a good car that the engine is as strong as the benz Vbooth of that price as the Op got his? Pls anyone can whattapp me on 08138812250. Will be pls to hear from u all.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 02, 2015
Ehimax:
Am in need of a vehicle I've searched for an affordable car, I eventually saw a neat Vboot one door going for 150k. the engine and body is in perfect condition. I knw little about cars so I need your advice

is Vboot a good choice? considering cost of maintaining and fueling the vehicle I also intend to travel a lot with the vehicle if I eventually buy it. how tough is the vehicle on the rough Nigerian road ?

Any car can be good and any car can be bad.

I've seen 2 year old Nissan that were falling apart due to lack of maintenance.

An older Mercedes i snot the kind of car you buy because you need a car per see but something you buy because you love Mercedes and can deal with some of the stuff that may come up.

My recommendation would have been to have a good mechanic check it out of you properly.

Enjoy your car but take good care of it and it will repay you with good service.

Good luck.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by emirp: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2015
Pls I'm still in need of a car of that range.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 02, 2015
emirp:
Pls I'm still in need of a car of that range.
There's an advert about a 190 on page 0 of this thread.
Also you should open a new thread on your search on car talk section directly, it would aid your search.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 02, 2015
Ehimax:
I use like 1k fuel for like 3days going to work at Ikeja from mile12 smtimes I even go to begger. the only time I top up is wen I have to drive in holdup I tink d fuel consumption is only tripped by holdup
I can't remember if we talked about your transmission type but if it's Automatic, always switch to neutral gear when you are in holdup.It works well for me & it's good practice for an auto transmission.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Ehimax(m): 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
0rex:

I can't remember if we talked about your transmission type but if it's Automatic, always switch to neutral gear when you are in holdup.It works well for me & it's good practice for an auto transmission.

tanks for the tip

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by owprint: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2020
ozzugworlee:
Wow!! I love ur 200 benz...is cool but I bet u, my 230E is more finer dan urs...It was my first car , but I still cherish her, d factory fitted ac is d best, mortury standard and d fuel consumption is ok, although I converted from injector to carbulator....can go a whole month without servicing.....@ OP...I love ur coupe, is neat, hope is nt jerking...dats what made me to convert my injector den

Wow.your car looked exactly like mine, although it belong to my Dad.
He parked the car for almost 5yrs and I wanna revive the car, I've done alot of work on the car, yet the car is still jerking. I've changed the fuel pump twice and cleaned the injector, yet same problem.

They said I should change it to Carburetor, but I don't know if it's a good move.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by KolawoleDev(m): 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2020
Ehimax:
Am in need of a vehicle I've searched for an affordable car, I eventually saw a neat Vboot one door going for 150k. the engine and body is in perfect condition. I knw little about cars so I need your advice

is Vboot a good choice? considering cost of maintaining and fueling the vehicle I also intend to travel a lot with the vehicle if I eventually buy it. how tough is the vehicle on the rough Nigerian road ?
Donot buy !I repeat Donot buy ! My brother bought one and suffered from over heating to electrical issues . Save your money...it's not worth it ...it just looks nice that's all.as far as it is nigerian used the previous owner(s) have finished

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Use 5w30 Instead Of 5w20 Recommended For My ACURA MDX 07 (tokubo) / Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On / Rust : 5 Tips To Help Prevent It In Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.