Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! (3662 Views)

2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari / What Does SAI Means - From SAI Buhari / How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by scribble: 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
I voted for General Muhammadu Buhari during the 2011 elections, even at a time when most Nigerians having bought into the hype were on the Jonathan bandwagon. The hype and propaganda in favour of GEJ at the time was overwhelming but being an iconoclast by nature and a staunch critic of herd behavior, I decided not to vote for Jonathan.

To be honest, I liked his candidacy as did most other Nigerians, and it indeed felt Obamaesque as Tolu Ogunlesi has recently said in print, but I was not swayed, for after 12 years, I was tired of the PDP machinery.

I heard Buhari was Mr. Anti-Corruption and to be honest that was all I needed not to pless umblella.

So on election day in 2011, although I knew it was in vain as most of my fellow countrymen were determined to vote Jonathan, I voted for the CPC candidate.

Four years later, many of those who were on the Goodluck Bandwagon then are those clamouring for change now, the herd has changed its movement and once again I find myself on the opposite side. I’m now a diehard Jonathan supporter and here’s why.

The biggest reason most people cite voting against GEJ in 2015 is his administration’s track record on Boko Haram but I am not deceived. President Jonathan is in my own opinion, and I am oftentimes an excellent judge of character, steadfast in his commitment to end the terrorism in the North. But the forces against his accomplishment of that goal are legion. Recently a little girl in Kano said her father took her to Boko Haram, and volunteered her to be a suicide bomber. I believe the causes for such terror mentality in the North have nothing to do with the sitting President, but should instead be traced back to a Northern political class that ruled Nigeria for several decades and impoverished its people, whilst systematically looting Niger Delta oil wealth meant for the development of the entire nation.

In 2012, I was livid with anger when the barely 30 years old son of Borno State oil well owner and Chairman of Oriental Energy Mohammed Indimi, Ahmed flaunted an ATM receipt with over $99 million balance on social media photo sharing site, Instagram. This sort of gross and primitive acquisition of wealth was the reason for restiveness in the Niger Delta, and poverty and illiteracy in the North and indeed other parts of Nigeria.

In my opinion, it is the corruption brought about by the likes of Babangida and Sani Abacha that led Nigeria to the sorry state it is in today. It is also chiefly responsible for the terrorism in the North today. I don’t think you have to be a Rhodes scholar to realize that if the man who gave his daughter up to Boko Haram for deployment as a suicide bomber had any type of a decent education or good living standard, he would not have done so. Now can Jonathan, a man who entered the Presidency in 2011 be blamed for such an occurrence? Again in my opinion, it is not possible to fix the decades of maladministration in Nigeria over night.

Now don’t get me wrong, Jonathan is not perfect. He has made some mistakes and his attitude towards corruption is indeed one of them, but I still sympathize with him, and I sympathize with the minorities of the Niger Delta and I believe that since they fed Nigeria for 4 decades and were marginalized, maimed, killed and victimized during the process, that they at least deserve to rule for a decade. It’s only fair.

Now if your property has been stolen and you call the police and ask them to find it but refuse to give them details of the robbery or robbers that could lead to the arrest and recovery of the stolen goods, then how can you logically and reasonably expect the police to do their job? As an observer of the crisis in the North, I have found that the Northern leaders have refused to cooperate with President Jonathan in ending the Boko Haram menace. In my opinion, it is not because some of the elder statesmen in that region promised to make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan, but because they realize that if they help him overcome Boko Haram during his administration, then their shot at power is truncated for another four years.
This is what is called playing politics with people’s lives and as a patriotic Nigerian, I choose to stand against these forces and cast my vote to re-elect the President and further frustrate these devilish elements…come what may.

In the fight against Boko Haram, Jonathan has been taken to task by these Northern elders, who should normally rise up as leaders, but they have instead frustrated him at every turn, calling for sanctions against him and his generals by the International Criminal Court and the United Nations, then accusing him of genocide and all other propaganda to make Nigeria ungovernable as promised.

Contrast that with a Vice-President Jonathan who circa 2009 made sacrificial efforts to rid the Niger Delta of militancy. Remember how he demonstrated courage not displayed by any Northern leader since the Boko Haram crisis dawned. The then number 2 citizen, Jonathan entered into the creeks, unarmed and called on his fellow Ijaws, Itsekiris and others to drop their arms, effectively ushering Nigeria into a period of economic boom and relative peace.

Fast forward to present day Nigeria, I must say that there is much Jonathan could still have accomplished but he did preside over monumental achievements like the unbundling and privatization of the Power Sector (and no Nigerians you cannot have 24 hour electricity overnight especially after the legacies Buhari, Babangida, Abacha and Obasanjo left in that sector), the reconstruction of the Lagos Ibadan Expressway (this road leads to my village in Ijebu and I’m glad Jonathan is doing what my kinsman OBJ could not accomplish), pledging N1 trillion to ASUU (and releasing an initial N200 billion, a display of kindness to the educational sector unprecedented by any other Nigerian leader), and the huge gains in the agricultural and automotive sectors.

I am not here to sing Jonathan’s praises (I know what it looks like), but there are those that yell Sai Buhari at the top of their lungs and act like nobody should hear word. They bully all and sundry on Social Media and act like the former military ruler is the savior Nigeria has been waiting for. Personally I still admire Buhari and his political strategizing has become more nimble since he teamed up with the Lion of Bourdillon, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. But that is where my problem with his candidacy is rooted. Anybody that tells you that Tinubu is not one of the most greedy and corrupt politicians of the 21st century is not being entirely honest with you. To be honest, I like the man, and I like his swag.

There is no African man that will not envy his wealth or his business acumen, but so much of that wealth is tied to public funds. This article is not about his corrupt activities and there are many articles already written about the reach of Asiwaju into the public till, especially in Lagos State, so I will spare the details. But know this, if Tinubu was a legitimate businessman and had been into business the same time as Dangote, he would easily eclipse the latter on the Forbes list of Billionaires. A poor old man in Lagos once told me, “Tinubu is so greedy that if he wants your land, it is better you just carry the Deed and give it to him jeje. Resistance would be futile.”

Yet this is the change Buhari wants me to believe in. Then there is Amaechi that uses the funds of the people of Rivers State to buy private jets. And Oshiomole who flew in a female former BBA contestant to come and wine and dine with him in Government House just few months after the demise of his wife. Nigerians that can read between the lines are not deceived.

Atiku, Elrufai, and many other PDP, I mean APC leaders all have stains and corruption smears on them from their time in public service. So can anyone pinpoint the change these jokers are on about? Yes change from Jonathan but to what? I dare say, should Nigerians fail to elect Jonathan on Lover’s Day, the Nation may begin a love affair with a hydra headed monster that will see more Nigerians languishing for change that will not come again for a long time.

I leave you with 1 Samuel 8, read and remain blessed.

8 When Samuel grew old, he appointed his sons as Israel’s leaders.[a]2 The name of his firstborn was Joel and the name of his second was Abijah, and they served at Beersheba. 3 But his sons did not follow his ways. They turned asideafter dishonest gain and accepted bribes and perverted justice.

4 So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah.5 They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead[b] us, such as all the other nations have.”

6 But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. 7 And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. 8 As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you.9 Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.”

10 Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. 12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle[c] and donkeys he will take for his own use. 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a kingover us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord.22 The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”

Written by Tobi Adeyeye.

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by cutieberie1(f): 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
nyc post..

10 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
scribble:
I sympathize with the minorities of the Niger Delta and I believe that since they fed Nigeria for 4 decades and were marginalized, maimed, killed and victimized during the process, that they at least deserve to rule for a decade. It’s only fair.
.”
Written by Tobi Adeyeye.

you don't say angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by ratiken(m): 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
No better truth.

Nigerians are illiterates. We condemn our best heads for useless reasons. We are very short sighted refusing to see beyond our noses.

We only view the world from our selfish lenses. Just because its not perfect does not mean we are not on the right path. We are only interested in short term benefits.

The world over keep appreciating the technocrats we have in this government and yet Nigerians condemn them. They seem to understand our progress better than us. They understand their key policies and its impacts on us better than us. 

More than ever the future of Nigeria is so bright ..... every process takes time. The rot of many years cannot just be wished away, it takes time to be worked.

Agriculture is the future of Nigeria and not oil.... this govt understands that and has worked it

The automobile industry is the future of manufacturing in Nigeria. ... this is being worked

The power sector is not business as usual. It is on the path of self improvement in the hands of the private sector. Constant power will take funds, equipment and time but more than ever... its within sight

The gas gathering project in Delta is a huge boost for the power sector and other sectors

Oil and gas downstream deregulation is the next big thing with massive potential for revenue, employment etc. Dangote's refinery is coming up speedily. ... other investors will come in at the removal of subsidy

Our elections are now free and fair.... power belongs again to the people courtesy of this govt

Roads are better, Railways are back to ease the heavy load impact on our roads

Foreign direct investment is at its alltime high despite our local challenges

Security issues are a current distraction will we will overcome. But we should not lose sight of where we are headed. With the current policies in place..... Nigeria is the next big thing. The whole world sees it except Nigerians. 

Corruption is being fought systematically by restructuring systems... fertiliser scam, unfair election, ghost workers in public service, rule of law. These might not be the way we expected it fought but this is one way to ensure the gains are permanent. More needs to be done.

It's time Nigerians stop complaining and play issues based politics. The people who call this government clueless are actually the clueless ones. The plans are very clear and visible.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Olaolufred(m): 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
IF EBELLE HAD DONE WELL,

DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHERE HE AILED FROM?

I THINK UTOMI PAT IS FROM SOUTH-SOUTH.

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER BRAIN TO REPRESENT THEM.

WHY EBELLE WHO HAD RUBISHED THEIR CHANCE NOW?

6 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by akinvest(m): 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
scribble:
I voted for General Muhammadu Buhari during the 2011 elections, even at a time when most Nigerians having bought into the hype were on the Jonathan bandwagon. The hype and propaganda in favour of GEJ at the time was overwhelming but being an iconoclast by nature and a staunch critic of herd behavior, I decided not to vote for Jonathan.

To be honest, I liked his candidacy as did most other Nigerians, and it indeed felt Obamaesque as Tolu Ogunlesi has recently said in print, but I was not swayed, for after 12 years, I was tired of the PDP machinery.

I heard Buhari was Mr. Anti-Corruption and to be honest that was all I needed not to pless umblella.

So on election day in 2011, although I knew it was in vain as most of my fellow countrymen were determined to vote Jonathan, I voted for the CPC candidate.

Four years later, many of those who were on the Goodluck Bandwagon then are those clamouring for change now, the herd has changed its movement and once again I find myself on the opposite side. I’m now a diehard Jonathan supporter and here’s why.

The biggest reason most people cite voting against GEJ in 2015 is his administration’s track record on Boko Haram but I am not deceived. President Jonathan is in my own opinion, and I am oftentimes an excellent judge of character, steadfast in his commitment to end the terrorism in the North. But the forces against his accomplishment of that goal are legion. Recently a little girl in Kano said her father took her to Boko Haram, and volunteered her to be a suicide bomber. I believe the causes for such terror mentality in the North have nothing to do with the sitting President, but should instead be traced back to a Northern political class that ruled Nigeria for several decades and impoverished its people, whilst systematically looting Niger Delta oil wealth meant for the development of the entire nation.

In 2012, I was livid with anger when the barely 30 years old son of Borno State oil well owner and Chairman of Oriental Energy Mohammed Indimi, Ahmed flaunted an ATM receipt with over $99 million balance on social media photo sharing site, Instagram. This sort of gross and primitive acquisition of wealth was the reason for restiveness in the Niger Delta, and poverty and illiteracy in the North and indeed other parts of Nigeria.

In my opinion, it is the corruption brought about by the likes of Babangida and Sani Abacha that led Nigeria to the sorry state it is in today. It is also chiefly responsible for the terrorism in the North today. I don’t think you have to be a Rhodes scholar to realize that if the man who gave his daughter up to Boko Haram for deployment as a suicide bomber had any type of a decent education or good living standard, he would not have done so. Now can Jonathan, a man who entered the Presidency in 2011 be blamed for such an occurrence? Again in my opinion, it is not possible to fix the decades of maladministration in Nigeria over night.

Now don’t get me wrong, Jonathan is not perfect. He has made some mistakes and his attitude towards corruption is indeed one of them, but I still sympathize with him, and I sympathize with the minorities of the Niger Delta and I believe that since they fed Nigeria for 4 decades and were marginalized, maimed, killed and victimized during the process, that they at least deserve to rule for a decade. It’s only fair.

Now if your property has been stolen and you call the police and ask them to find it but refuse to give them details of the robbery or robbers that could lead to the arrest and recovery of the stolen goods, then how can you logically and reasonably expect the police to do their job? As an observer of the crisis in the North, I have found that the Northern leaders have refused to cooperate with President Jonathan in ending the Boko Haram menace. In my opinion, it is not because some of the elder statesmen in that region promised to make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan, but because they realize that if they help him overcome Boko Haram during his administration, then their shot at power is truncated for another four years.
This is what is called playing politics with people’s lives and as a patriotic Nigerian, I choose to stand against these forces and cast my vote to re-elect the President and further frustrate these devilish elements…come what may.

In the fight against Boko Haram, Jonathan has been taken to task by these Northern elders, who should normally rise up as leaders, but they have instead frustrated him at every turn, calling for sanctions against him and his generals by the International Criminal Court and the United Nations, then accusing him of genocide and all other propaganda to make Nigeria ungovernable as promised.

Contrast that with a Vice-President Jonathan who circa 2009 made sacrificial efforts to rid the Niger Delta of militancy. Remember how he demonstrated courage not displayed by any Northern leader since the Boko Haram crisis dawned. The then number 2 citizen, Jonathan entered into the creeks, unarmed and called on his fellow Ijaws, Itsekiris and others to drop their arms, effectively ushering Nigeria into a period of economic boom and relative peace.

Fast forward to present day Nigeria, I must say that there is much Jonathan could still have accomplished but he did preside over monumental achievements like the unbundling and privatization of the Power Sector (and no Nigerians you cannot have 24 hour electricity overnight especially after the legacies Buhari, Babangida, Abacha and Obasanjo left in that sector), the reconstruction of the Lagos Ibadan Expressway (this road leads to my village in Ijebu and I’m glad Jonathan is doing what my kinsman OBJ could not accomplish), pledging N1 trillion to ASUU (and releasing an initial N200 billion, a display of kindness to the educational sector unprecedented by any other Nigerian leader), and the huge gains in the agricultural and automotive sectors.

I am not here to sing Jonathan’s praises (I know what it looks like), but there are those that yell Sai Buhari at the top of their lungs and act like nobody should hear word. They bully all and sundry on Social Media and act like the former military ruler is the savior Nigeria has been waiting for. Personally I still admire Buhari and his political strategizing has become more nimble since he teamed up with the Lion of Bourdillon, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. But that is where my problem with his candidacy is rooted. Anybody that tells you that Tinubu is not one of the most greedy and corrupt politicians of the 21st century is not being entirely honest with you. To be honest, I like the man, and I like his swag.

There is no African man that will not envy his wealth or his business acumen, but so much of that wealth is tied to public funds. This article is not about his corrupt activities and there are many articles already written about the reach of Asiwaju into the public till, especially in Lagos State, so I will spare the details. But know this, if Tinubu was a legitimate businessman and had been into business the same time as Dangote, he would easily eclipse the latter on the Forbes list of Billionaires. A poor old man in Lagos once told me, “Tinubu is so greedy that if he wants your land, it is better you just carry the Deed and give it to him jeje. Resistance would be futile.”

Yet this is the change Buhari wants me to believe in. Then there is Amaechi that uses the funds of the people of Rivers State to buy private jets. And Oshiomole who flew in a female former BBA contestant to come and wine and dine with him in Government House just few months after the demise of his wife. Nigerians that can read between the lines are not deceived.

Atiku, Elrufai, and many other PDP, I mean APC leaders all have stains and corruption smears on them from their time in public service. So can anyone pinpoint the change these jokers are on about? Yes change from Jonathan but to what? I dare say, should Nigerians fail to elect Jonathan on Lover’s Day, the Nation may begin a love affair with a hydra headed monster that will see more Nigerians languishing for change that will not come again for a long time.

8 When Samuel grew old, he appointed his sons as Israel’s leaders.[a]2 The name of his firstborn was Joel and the name of his second was Abijah, and they served at Beersheba. 3 But his sons did not follow his ways. They turned asideafter dishonest gain and accepted bribes and perverted justice.

4 So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah.5 They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead[b] us, such as all the other nations have.”

6 But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. 7 And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. 8 As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you.9 Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.”

10 Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. 12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle[c] and donkeys he will take for his own use. 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a kingover us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord.22 The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”

Written by Tobi Adeyeye.
Words for the wise!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
Trash!!

##GMB 2019!!! grin angry

7 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by PassingShot(m): 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
What is this thing saying

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by samibode(m): 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
I swear this is the most reasonable post i have from a jonathan supporter i mean i almost changed camp Lol kudos. But now here are my fee reasons why i wont vote for jonathan:
Jonathan is the president and thereby in control of at least 80% of wateva happens from government. Why he has had almost one and half tenure why cudnt he put a strong figure in the EFCC to at least show us he has the will to tackle corruption?
Why hasnt the president of that came from a relatively poor background not cut back the spending of government officials and their budgets at least to give the common nigerian man hope that he shares their plight?
Why does the president that is telling us to brace for economic hardship insensitive enough to go and buy and 11th private jet wen every educated man knows the president of a nation only needs one.
Why has the president been empowering gun runners and militants and giving them positions that are very sensitive to daily life and after their failures why is he retaining them?
I see u agree with me on the corruption issue so that means we both know that no matter how many railways jonathan builds or how many airport he refurbishes with clear cut corruption still in the picture they will not last the test of time and its just a temporary solution to a much larger future problem. Jonathan has run a government dat deals with a little of today and no plan for tomorrow. The millitants that are being paid just not to carry guns have not changed but they are only temporarily calm for now we all know that. A government that blives he has to pay people no to carry guns is only setting a time bomb for itself. And this my brother is why i dont want Jonathan to come back in 2015 cos after 2019 all this time bomb jonathan has set will explode dats if they all wait till his tenure ends its not rocket science its visible and obvious before our very eyes. Just like u i shifted camp i blived in buhari corruption stance but decided to give a man dat feels the pain of the poor the chance but he went there and forgot about being poor wen he became rich. And about apc being about tinubu, this is politics if buhari had compromised his stance 2011 will have been different politics is a game of compromise u have to dine with a little devil to get ur angel card, or what will u say about GEJ romanciromancing with IBB a bigger thief than Tinubu GEJs compromise even led him to say IBB is his father and a good man that put the foundations of Nigeria pls wat do u make of that? or Kashamu the wanted drug barron.seei dont like corruption at all but in a choiceless situation i prefer a few apc corrupt individuals to all pdp corrupt members. But still i insist u put out a good argument for your points. Cheers

9 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Justbright(m): 1:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
scribble:

Written by Tobi Adeyeye.

guy no body get time to read dis epistle..only a mad man will be doing same thing same way and expect diffrent result...its over for gej #saibuhari

6 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by scribble: 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
Samibode well said. I agree with the author of this article, I do and u have some salient points too.

But Buhari amaechi tinubu elrufai atiku etc are just as if not more corrupt than Jonathan and most of them have jets too

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Eghosa1(m): 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
Stupendous article!

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
A Very thrashy article from a confused writer that couldn't pin point any tangible reason other than play the tribal card and blame game. Blame everyone but the President. Sai Buhari 2015

6 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by presido1: 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
Olaolufred:
IF EBELLE HAD DONE WELL,

DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHERE HE AILED FROM?

I THINK UTOMI PAT IS FROM SOUTH-SOUTH.

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER BRAIN TO REPRESENT THEM.

WHY EBELLE WHO HAD RUBISHED THEIR CHANCE NOW?
So Utomi would be a better person to represent south south but not a better person to represent APC. Una logic dey somehow abeg.

8 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Olaolufred(m): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
presido1:
So Utomi would be a better person to represent south south but not a better person to represent APC. Una logic dey somehow abeg.

THE CHANCE IS BLOWN UP ALREADY.

IF PDP HAD BEEN A PARTY WHO BELIEVED IN COMPETENCY, REMEMBER DONALD DUKE IS FAR BETTER THAN THIS DISGRACING PHD(animaology).

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2015
ratiken:
No better truth.

Nigerians are illiterates. We condemn our best heads for useless reasons. We are very short sighted refusing to see beyond our noses.

We only view the world from our selfish lenses. Just because its not perfect does not mean we are not on the right path. We are only interested in short term benefits.

The world over keep appreciating the technocrats we have in this government and yet Nigerians condemn them. They seem to understand our progress better than us. They understand their key policies and its impacts on us better than us. 

More than ever the future of Nigeria is so bright ..... every process takes time. The rot of many years cannot just be wished away, it takes time to be worked.

Agriculture is the future of Nigeria and not oil.... this govt understands that and has worked it

The automobile industry is the future of manufacturing in Nigeria. ... this is being worked

The power sector is not business as usual. It is on the path of self improvement in the hands of the private sector. Constant power will take funds, equipment and time but more than ever... its within sight

The gas gathering project in Delta is a huge boost for the power sector and other sectors

Oil and gas downstream deregulation is the next big thing with massive potential for revenue, employment etc. Dangote's refinery is coming up speedily. ... other investors will come in at the removal of subsidy

Our elections are now free and fair.... power belongs again to the people courtesy of this govt

Roads are better, Railways are back to ease the heavy load impact on our roads

Foreign direct investment is at its alltime high despite our local challenges

Security issues are a current distraction will we will overcome. But we should not lose sight of where we are headed. With the current policies in place..... Nigeria is the next big thing. The whole world sees it except Nigerians. 

Corruption is being fought systematically by restructuring systems... fertiliser scam, unfair election, ghost workers in public service, rule of law. These might not be the way we expected it fought but this is one way to ensure the gains are permanent. More needs to be done.

It's time Nigerians stop complaining and play issues based politics. The people who call this government clueless are actually the clueless ones. The plans are very clear and visible.

This comment is the definition of perfection. When you understand Nigerians properly you won't be surprised when you see some people saying that GEJ has failed despite glaring evidence to the contrary.

11 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by oziegbe2015: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
This article too löng but listen. I am happy you appreciate the fact that gmb character, image and personality is non questionable that makes me believe u are 4 real. Now the issue is the country has been so bastardized that gej, pdp, some apc, and even the common man breeds corruption. We cannot say say becos the military(except buhari) killed us in corruption is an excuse to continue. Yes their had been more hausa as head of government but that was only possible because they are naturally blessed with numerical advantage and hausa flooded the military at that time, so the chances of them beign head was greater than any tribe. We do knw the military never believed in power shuffle. It was natural due to their role of dictactorship. So they could loot as they like even when they knew it was wrong, obj, ironsi did same but didnt last in govtment to establish theirs. In 1999 with democracy everything became new, now was when the people controlled govtment and so this is where the headlight should start from. Since 1999 we were suppose to have a structure in form of a party to establish how power is to be rotated they are to be blamed if a particular tribe keeps emerging., pdp has produced a yoruba, hausa, and ijaw. We know what obj did to nigeria in corruption etc. We know yaradua an hausa ended militancy not gej, yaradua showed the will to do it. And he believed in principles. That same hausa man has been the best since democracy(he utilised the oil to help the oil people and its region). Gej despite beign ijaw. celebrates stealing and has drained nigeria oil. Its not about this man tribe owns the oil. Is about is the man helping nigeria with the oil. A yaradua did well, today gej has only employed asari and tompolo paying them billions to protect the oil they still steal. Gej is a goodman, but cant think 4 himself. People are using him to service themselves. Ijaw is not gainging from him and the nation resources is under hostage by his CABAL friends. Nobody persecutes him for his region. If donald duke, akpabio was president even frm same regions, things would have been better. Gej is doing nothing. Obasanjo a yoruba man said the reason for his grief with gej is that he doesnt take advice, unlike when he was president. Yaradua showed the willpower to fight militancy thats why the niger delta chiefs themselves helped him out. Gej does not have the zeal and willpower to fight insurgency thats why he hasnt beign able to convice anybody to help him. Like he also doesnt have the will to fight corruption. Militancy and boko haram are different. If the elders speak against them they get killed, cant u see it is risky and that is not the elders that sponsor them apart from the fact they are self motivated for sharia. And like i said no single party can win the party, it has to take a sacrifice like the apc to do it. Yes even the apc isnt perfect but a statos quo can be maintained and all loots that would normally happen in a govt would be gone, thank God you know gmb can do it. He may not start openly the past files but at least we know we would start afresh and corruption would die naturally. Pdp is not an option they have created problems since democracy, lets restore change together

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by pcicero(m): 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
It seems this OP stole my profile to write this.
Nothing is more annoying than the violent manners of the pro-APC hordes.

I was the lone campaigner for Buhari in 2011 amidst my friends. But the table has turned and I'm seeing a fanatic followership which needs to be put in check if we all mean well for this nation.

Just like the OP, I can never take GMB's anti-corruption crusade serious this time because he is swimming with sharks - oju yobo and co

I really wish Jonah had performed better.

7 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Mustay(m): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
pcicero:

Just like the OP, I can never take GMB's anti-corruption crusade serious this time because he is swimming with sharks - oju yobo and co

I really wish Jonah had performed better.

If I was to buy this argument, then Jonah is swimming with what? Dinning with the Sharks themselves - because, there are too many fishes in the water, the fellow sharks have prevented him from drafting an anti-corruption plan as he admitted last week.

Let's assume we have to make a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea, c'mon we're already in the red sea, the devil wearing prada looks more attractive! cheesy
Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by presido1: 4:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
Olaolufred:

THE CHANCE IS BLOWN UP ALREADY.

IF PDP HAD BEEN A PARTY WHO BELIEVED IN COMPETENCY, REMEMBER DONALD DUKE IS FAR BETTER THAN THIS DISGRACING PHD(animaology).
Which chance is blown?

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
scribble:

Written by Tobi Adeyeye.

SW RONU

Tobi Adeyeye you are a true Odua

Unfortunately some of your people have being blinded by greed for federal resources through VP position

SW remember TRUE FEDERALISM

Don't betray the struggle for it

SW RONU

4 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by emeka94(m): 12:10am On Jan 06, 2015
I keep hearing GmB will stop corruption but am yet to hear how.
for Gods sake he was a military head of state then and in control of the different arms of government. how will he fight corruption in a Democratic dispensation?
will he redraft the constitution that favours and protect the rich? or will he write a new constitution himself? will he fire all the useless bench warmers in the NASS? how will he do fight the corruption?
why are we not asking our legislative arm the right questions? it is one thing to arrest and another to prosecute.
seriously?! what's our problem?
we seem to forget that the executive can only arrest and investigate. why isn't anybody calling NASS out?
buhari should tell us how he will fight corruption and not promise that he will because he has done it before ( as a dictator!)
the man is yet to say anything tangible about our economy and other sector. Abi na corruption fighting we go chop?!
GEJ is not the best but when compared to GMB, he looks better. that man, buhari, is a ticking bomb. a single minded dictator that might not be comfortable in a democracy. under him freedom of speech, especially on NL, will be a luxury.
If only Jonah will stop bromacing with corrupt people.

5 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by moderatorr1: 1:35am On Jan 06, 2015
I read only the first 10 lines before concluding 'GEJ till 2019'

4 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by LordDarius(m): 2:03am On Jan 06, 2015
Wow, nice write-up, you seems to be intellectual but the fact you mentioned a little whom her father sent to the camp of the boko haram seems to amaze me and you said the little girl told you stuff, wow, she must be very bright then.
And how long did you stayed in lagos, cause you mentioned on old man telling you how greedy Tinibu his, while you said you lived in the north. Your story is kinda condracting but its ok for those whom are blind to see that mr. President has not only failed us in the security but also in the economic sector in as well as our foreign reserve is all gone, guess you are not aware of this.
Thanks again for the infor but next time try much harder to convience those PDP members of yours that are trying to dumb you guys.
We need change
we want Buhari.
#GMB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by scribble: 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
Pls share this opinion piece around abeg...let people know

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Whatever you wrote there. Please let try a different hand. We are tired of gej..

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by scribble: 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
PUSH1:
Whatever you wrote there. Please let try a different hand. We are tired of gej..

buhari is not different...u dont have to be literate or have certificate to know he represents military rulers that set Nigeria back one century

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by Osode: 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
cutieberie1:
nyc post..
Yes..
Real Depth..
Quite Stange.
Certainly not one of these paid hacks on NL.
Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by scribble: 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
Front Page Pls Mods

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by scribble: 7:42am On Jan 07, 2015
Mods?
Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by kokoA(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2015
You expect me to read this long epistles of your personal story? Please put your one vote for whoever you want. Thanks.
Re: A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! by idupaul: 8:15am On Jan 07, 2015
I voted for GEJ in 2011 and I must say the writer got it wrong when he said most people want GEJ out because of Boko haram.. The truth is that I want GEJ out because of corruption, GEJ govt is the most corrupt govt ever known to mankind and also the most inept , from the super corrupt Diezani Madueke to seemingly dull and inept Alex Barde Mr president got it all wrong.. Mr President doesn't even know how to employ the proper people to work with him , he always employs crooks (Diezani) liars (Okonjo Iweala) and dullard ( Alex Barde) to head sensitive position ..The appointment of that fat clown called Alex Barde did it for me and I made up my mind that GEJ must go away

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Message To Barcanista: My Chief Wailing Wailer On Nairaland. / Strong Indication That A Russian Backed Coup Will Soon Happen In Saudi & Turkey / Buhari Is On A Witch-hunt.....I Now Agree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.