Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga (25437 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Jonathan With Abu Ali In Baga, Borno / Ashes And Death: What Boko Haram Left Behind In Baga - BBC / Pictures From The Battle In Baga Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by ehemwhy(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
Sahara reporters..... Official B H reporters since 2011
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Misogynist2014(m): 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
mavelo:

What men can do, women can do much beta! We need 30 percent women in d military 4us 2defend d territorial integrity of dis country angry
We need at least 50% of those punnanies in military.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by kingGoldust(m): 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
Female soldiers.? Where are they keeping all the people they kidnapped .
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by papercoin(m): 9:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ahhh "they are por me and my priends to be bisiting in the night"- abubakar shakau

God help our female soldiers
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by flexing11(m): 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
if d milltar* did *ot courtmartial u, boko *aram we kill u,,,,,i sorr* for our *igeria arm*,
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Blueflame1987(m): 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
When these soldiers complain of not being properly equipped especially when placed side by side with the Boko Haram,some E-diots will quickly sum it up as "a mere Excuse and mantra" used by cowardly soldiers in a desperate bid to evade the job/responsibilities they signed up for...Meeeehn,BH no be Boys scout or Bobo Juice!..they are willing,able and readily equipped!
On a second thought,Nigerian Army,the moment you learn the simple fact that recruitment into any nation's army is not something that should be politcised,but should a free and fair process where only dedicated and passionate applicants should be recruited,the moment you know that army enlistment/commissioning should not be based on the class of a graduate's degree,his political connections etc,but his willingness to serve,fight and if need be,die for his country,only then will you have officers and men who will fight to the death instead of retreating with any reason whatsoever!...enjoy yourselves in the North East,some of you(not all) there used your connections to oust the more dedicated but less connected ones in order to get the job,forgetting say no be oil company or civil service work!

1 Like

Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by ptownman: 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
Don't worry they will soon deny the news.
Iyawotolu:
Why are female soldiers being sent out to fight when we know BH just love kidnaping women?
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Osama10(m): 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
Bad to Worse.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
Those female soldiers ran away for their dear lives, they were not kidapped by boko haram.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by cool318(m): 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
This is Serious, 18 good hours of Fierce battle, no call for back up
This is an Interesting Story.
Where are the newly bought SUPER HIND Helos, MI-35's, Airforce F7 fighter jets or Nigeria can no longer boast of a Fighter jet in War / Battle lines?? Funny but Pathetic

1 Like

Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by donnaira(m): 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
big lie !
female soldiers don't have legs to run.

1 Like

Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by ganex: 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
Don't worry we are on top of the situation, they will be dealt with or won't get away with it.
Get prepared for the outcome of killing some of those soldiers whose excuse are genuine..Others are watching, if pot-belly officer can court-marshal, same should go to northeast and use 6month in battle front not back.
Boko haram sponsors are known by OGA at the top, either he is their sponsor for electoral reason or he lacks the guts to deal with them as an appointed president.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by WOruGunu(m): 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
Bridgetown:

Each and every Nigeria solders should be moved to borno state to defend our territory, including the ones being used by Julius Berger construction, septraco, government tompolo, Asari dokumbo, MTN,Banks, churches,mosques, oil Companies, Otta farms nd those protecting formal corrupt head of states like IBB and co.
I support wit my life
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by That9jaVine(m): 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
kullozone:
mtcheeew!!
i kon book space forget to modify...

wu needs it?

Me
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by SOUNDKING: 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
And some people will still blame jonathan, i choose disintegration 2 buhari, Nigerians see further than your nose, but God is not a fool.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by ogaofficer(m): 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
flexing11:
if d milltar* did *ot courtmartial u, boko *aram we kill u,,,,,i sorr* for our *igeria arm*,
Guy, am sure those keypads are nt working. . . Try to see an expert o.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by ogaofficer(m): 11:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
If jonathan and his so called ministers won't move their ministry + NA.S.S & H.O.R down to borno, then those citizens over there hoping that things will change Before jan 30 2015. must be on a long tingy. I wish them peace.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by wordcat(m): 11:58pm On Jan 05, 2015
bibiking7:
I am confused. How many insurgents are there. Them no dey finish. Or na scope military dey give us say them kill 190, kill 220 etc.

Have you ask yourself why international media like BBC or CNN don't report those NA claims?
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Litmus: 12:04am On Jan 06, 2015
This attack was against the so called multinational force made up of soldiers from Nigeria, Chad and Niger stationed there - so I've read. This missing female soldiers are presumably Nigerian, are they? since i assume Nigeria is one of the few African nations whose female soldiers see combat.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Hilaskee(m): 12:08am On Jan 06, 2015
We are talking of human beings here ooooo? Corruption in this administration has finished us. We need change and fast because people shouldn't be dying like domestic animals
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Litmus: 12:09am On Jan 06, 2015

Boko Haram Dislodges Multinational Force, Takes Over Baga

By Kareem Haruna
— Jan 5, 2015 | 8 Comments

Displaced residents of Baga town, where Boko Haram terrorists have now hoisted their flags after dislodging the formidable Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) on Saturday, yesterday recounted the chilling details how insurgents overpowered the armed forces and forced everyone to flee into the neighbouring Chad Republic.

Some residents who were lucky to escape the deadly attack said they fled alongside armed soldiers, who had given up after the terrorists outgunned them.

Homes, business premises, government structures and even part of the seized MNJTF base were burnt down as the insurgents, who stormed the town from all sides, gave soldiers on ground no breathing space as both forces battled for hours. All escape routes led to Chad for the beleaguered fishermen and other dwellers of Baga, many of whom were reportedly killed and others injured in the crossfire.

Audu Labbo, a resident of Baga who spoke to relatives through a cell phone from Chad Republic, said: “The soldiers were overpowered and had to abandon their post and flee for safety.

“They came in their hundreds, driving several Hilux patrol vehicles, trucks and some on motorcycles as they immediately began to throw explosives and bombs coming out from long rifles they carried on their shoulders (Rocket Propelled Grenades, RPGs) as well as those rifles called AK47,” said Labo.

“The bombing and shootings killed scores of people, including the soldiers, and many people got injured.”

The embattled resident who is now taking refuge in a Chadian town near Baga said they fled all day through the lakes using canoes as the insurgents had barricaded all the land routes leading to Chadian borders.

“We ran for over eight hours before crossing to Chad Republic through boats and canoes,” said Labo. “We could not go through the land routes because Boko Haram gunmen had blocked all routes; those who could not board the canoes had to swim through Lake Chad before some of us could get a boat and continue to flee. Many drowned in the lake water because they could not swim long distance.”

Women and children were amongst the victims who got drowned, LEADERSHIP learnt.

Our reporter also gathered that the fleeing soldiers, who had apparently run out of ammunition and could not get reinforcements, had to join the fleeing civilians and flee to Chad.

Some of the soldiers were reportedly said to have pulled off their uniforms and discarded their rifles in order to escape the terrorists who were showing some level of mercy to fleeing civilians.

“All of us ran for our dear lives; even the soldiers were seen pulling off their uniforms and begging us to give them plain clothes so that the Boko Haram gunmen would not identify them as we all fled to Chad,” said a fisherman who pleaded not to be named.

The source added that Baga was not the only town attacked.

“They had attacked Cross-Kauwa before heading for Baga, because we met some residents of Cross-Kauwa and Doron Baga also fleeing in the bushes, and they told us that separate troops of Boko Haram terrorists were attacking their villages at the same

Report is fevered and incoherent
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Hilaskee(m): 12:12am On Jan 06, 2015
THE BULLET BELL
{Stop the bombings and the killings...humans are'nt animals}

While we enjoyed our night sleeping
We woke up because of the bell boom
Bagam, bagam, bagam, bagam, bagam
Is this the sound of the bell or bullet?

When we listened to the bleeping sound
We thought it was the bell pound
Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, poo
Wasn't the sound of the bell but the bullet

When we heard the screaming noise
We observed to clearly hear the voice
Hai, hai, hai, hai, hai, hai, hai, hai, hai
Isn't caused by the bell but the bullet

When we saw the bleeding lines
We knew the bullet just finished a mission
Pom, pom, pom, pom, pom, pom, pom
Can't be because of the bell but the bullet

~Hillary Oparaodu (C)2013
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Eziachi: 12:14am On Jan 06, 2015
berem:
Female soldiers? Lord Jesus!
They are busy chasing certificate.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by telad(m): 2:35am On Jan 06, 2015
Iyawotolu:
Why are female soldiers being sent out to fight when we know BH just love kidnaping women?

Because what a man can do, a woman can do better. lolsss
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by telad(m): 3:03am On Jan 06, 2015
I remember 1999, when I was in that Baga town. Some rebels from Chad do attack control post, kill immigration, custom, and army officers. Rumour has it then that they gained access to lands around border line for farming then through Gen. Sanni Abacha. It took the braveness of Obj then through the effort of Joint patrol from neighboring countries to overpower them. That was what led to my dad's transfer, I wouldn't know if those rebels then are now present day bokoharam.

But one similarity I see is land/territory acquisition because their land is not good for farming. just my tot though.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by edo3(m): 3:53am On Jan 06, 2015
celeron40:
Now, joining the N.A is a death sentence..If BH doesn't kill you, The Army will court-martial you and kill you..nawa o..I don't blame them..incompetence from the top to the bottom..AVM Badeh was CAS when the NAF's base was sacked and a gunship was set alight by BH..What did GEJ do? He made him CDS..when in other countries, the President would have demanded his resignation within 48 hrs...what a joke of a govt.
The man looks big,,,I believe only him go finish one ram..
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Okudiover(m): 4:36am On Jan 06, 2015
cry cry cry cry cry cry OH ABACHA! WHERE ARE THOU?
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Ilekokonit: 5:31am On Jan 06, 2015
The following is a comment by someone on Sahara Reporters :-

Time to put a General in Aso Rock to stop this madness. Lip services won't do anymore. It's been 6 yrs...time to go!
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by hardbody: 7:07am On Jan 06, 2015
Zeezy99:
Ow God, this will be bad. God help them
Nothing much. They will fvck the living daylight out of them. They should just cooperate and enjoy it the best they can.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by sucess001(m): 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
[size=20pt] In olamide's voice...

"Banging toh military..."

grin grin grin

on a serious note...

Pls under whose watch as commander of the armed forces has this happened?

angry angry[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Olu Falae’s Farm Again, Destroy Multi-million Naira Crops / Man Divorced His Wife Because She Vowed To Vote Buhari / Ikpeazu Sacks All Special Advisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.