Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women (5239 Views)

Ridiculous Things That Men Apparently Find "Unattractive" About Women / Interesting Facts About Women / What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
Justfollowit:

undecided
Are you too young to get a wife? I think you need one asap. I am not going to cook for you.

Lmao @ wife lol.

Darn! Just show the brother some luv and show him what you gatt lol.
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
SirShymex:

Lmao @ wife lol.

Darn! Just show the brother some luv and show him what you gatt lol.

The more reason you should get a wife, seriously.
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
Justfollowit:

The more reason you should get a wife, seriously.

Lol, that will sort itself out when I'm mentally ready.

I just want you to play a bit of that role for now lol. What do you think? tongue
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
SirShymex:

I just want you to play a bit of that role for now lol. What do you think? tongue

I am never going to play that role for anyone until I become a Mrs.

There is nothing about marriage that you need to be mentally ready for, You will be asking too much of yourself of you have to be mentally ready for marriage.
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
SirShymex:

I share your view, dude! She wants to force you into marriage! One of the reasons African society is so disorganized is for the fact they usually do important things improvise.
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 11, 2015
Justfollowit:

I am never going to play that role for anyone until I become a Mrs.

There is nothing about marriage that you need to be mentally ready for, You will be asking too much of yourself of you have to be mentally ready for marriage.

Lol, you're over-analysing things here. Are you saying you can't cook for a friend? You're a proper Londoner, no? C'mon during Uni days, chics used to cook for mandem all the time, man. Shiit, I had two Ghanaian chics from East Ldn and my Congolose bredrin from Croydon (the only chic in my clique) who used to cook for me all the time. And they're the classiest chics dem times there. I never even asked them, they just wanted to look after a brother yano. Why can't you be like these beautiful queens? tongue

I hear that. However, I learnt a lot from my last relationship, and from the experiences of all the people around me. And I'll be very silly if I were to ignore all the pointers, and proceed to make the same mistakes, without gauging where I'm at mentally. It isn't about getting married - it's about being able to cope with the mental baggage that comes after-the-fact. I'm blessed when it comes to chics, and I've never been in a position where I've to work too hard, to get chics (I thank God for that). However, the institution is scary and I don't want to be in a position whereby I would want to check-out, once I check-in. I'm not a quitter and, once I'm in, I'm in for the long haul.

Regardless, I get where you're coming from but that also has a lot to with connection, complementing each other, and ability to grow together. Also, with that, something has to bind the two together like a kid, and the need to want to raise the kid within the family structure.
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 11, 2015
all4naija:
I share your view, dude! She wants to force you into marriage! One of the reasons African society is so disorganized is for the fact they usually do important things improvise.

Fam, are you gay?

Darn!! You're always messing up the flow, muthaphucka. grin
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
SirShymex:

Fam, are you gay?

Darn!! You're always messing up the flow, muthaphucka. grin
No, I am not! This is not about gays and there is nothing wrong with them. FTFY!
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
all4naija:
No, I am not! This is not about gays and there is nothing wrong with them. FTFY!

Dyckhead, you just chased the chic away with loose talks.

And you must be homoerotic for always butting into all my convos. I believe there are tons of male posters who play for the rainbow team on the forum, go disturb them.

Justfollowit, come back in here. Ignore the troll. tongue
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
SirShymex:

Dyckhead, you just chased the chic away with loose talks.

And you must be homoerotic for always butting into all my convos. I believe there are tons of male posters who play for the rainbow team on the forum, go disturb them.

Justfollowit, come back in here. Ignore the troll. tongue
My apologies! Whoever you are lady, please, come back here to serve Sirshymex's womanizer ego. Thank you.
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 12, 2015
author=SirShymex post=29682343]

Lol, you're over-analysing things here. Are you saying you can't cook for a friend? You're a proper Londoner, no? C'mon during Uni days, chics used to cook for mandem all the time, man. Shiit, I had two Ghanaian chics from East Ldn and my Congolose bredrin from Croydon (the only chic in my clique) who used to cook for me all the time. And they're the classiest chics dem times there. I never even asked them, they just wanted to look after a brother yano. Why can't you be like these beautiful queens? tongue

I do cook for friends when they visit, they can even decide what they would like to eat provided the resources are available, I may help out when I visit them or give out when I cook. But I find it odd to cook just for a friend or visit a friend to cook for him undecided. It doesn't sound right to me, and it is not about class or standard.

I hear that. However, I learnt a lot from my last relationship, and from the experiences of all the people around me. And I'll be very silly if I were to ignore all the pointers, and proceed to make the same mistakes, without gauging where I'm at mentally. It isn't about getting married - it's about being able to cope with the mental baggage that comes after-the-fact. I'm blessed when it comes to chics, and I've never been in a position where I've to work too hard, to get chics (I thank God for that). However, the institution is scary and I don't want to be in a position whereby I would want to check-out, once I check-in. I'm not a quitter and, once I'm in, I'm in for the long haul.

Regardless, I get where you're coming from but that also has a lot to with connection, complementing each other, and ability to grow together. Also, with that, something has to bind the two together like a kid, and the need to want to raise the kid within the family structure.

I understand your concerns but I still feel you are taking too much into account. Hopefully, it won't take you ages to find the right person.
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 12, 2015
all4naija:

What do you have against marriage?
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

What do you have against marriage?

Nothing! It is good to enter into it with great knowledge. Most people garbage-in and garbage-out. The reason for most unwanted kids which littered our streets begging for a coin, pick-pocketing and pocketing in general. Look at Nigerian population without plan from primitive people consequences on the environment, economy and social life of the nation and it is very annoying. Nigeria's setting is very disturbing to my eyes each time I see it online. It is appalling to say the least that almost all of those kids are from unplanned union, be it casual companion or marriage!

1 Like

Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

I do cook for friends when they visit, they can even decide what they would like to eat provided the resources are available, I may help out when I visit them or give out when I cook. But I find it odd to cook just for a friend or visit a friend to cook for him undecided. It doesn't sound right to me, and it is not about class or standard.

Err, it seems these days we just attach too much importance to certain things which should be normal. If a chic needs help with DIY, I can always help, regardless of the relationship between us. I remember I had one neighbour back in the day I used to help all the time whenever she needed to fix anything in her house. I kinda stopped when it was obvious she wanted more than that - and I knew she had close dealings with one of my cousins. And that's cos beating the same chic with family isn't how I roll. Heck, I help the woman who lives next to me now all the time whenever she has problems with her car - it's just good gesture.

I understand your concerns but I still feel you are taking too much into account. Hopefully, it won't take you ages to find the right person.

It's always better to plan, and let things happen organically. Not finding anyone, never have and never will. I just do me and whatever happens, I'll acclimatise and get with the flow. grin
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 2:00am On Jan 13, 2015
all4naija:
Nothing! It is good to enter into it with great knowledge. Most people garbage-in and garbage-out. The reason for most unwanted kids which littered our streets begging for a coin, pick-pocketing and pocketing in general. Look at Nigerian population without plan from primitive people consequences on the environment, economy and social life of the nation and it is very annoying. Nigeria setting is very disturbing to my eyes each time I see it online. It is appalling to say the least that almost all of those kids are from unplanned union, be it casual companion or marriage!

Is this what you think could be the reason for street kids or what you actually read about?

Poverty is the prime culprit for having kids on the streets and not unplanned unions
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 3:06am On Jan 13, 2015
author=SirShymex post=29712058]

Err, it seems these days we just attach too much importance to certain things which should be normal. If a chic needs help with DIY, I can always help, regardless of the relationship between us. I remember I had one neighbour back in the day I used to help all the time whenever she needed to fix anything in her house. I kinda stopped when it was obvious she wanted more than that - and I knew she had close dealings with one of my cousins. And that's cos beating the same chic with family isn't how I roll. Heck, I help the woman who lives next to me now all the time whenever she has problems with her car - it's just good gesture.

I understand where you are coming from but I wouldn't consider cooking as a good gesture. I offer my food sometimes but I have never cooked because a friend asked me to undecided . This December, A friend of mine asked me to make moin-moin, I am yet to because I haven't felt like cooking one but it would have been different if he were my husband, parents or siblings. When I finally cook moin-moin, I will be offering him a part of it.

I guess the reason I am reluctant to cook for friends is because I will rather fix my stuffs or get professional help than ask a friend cool .

It's always better to plan, and let things happen organically. Not finding anyone, never have and never will. I just do me and whatever happens, I'll acclimatise and get with the flow. grin

Your grandparents, aunties and parents must be really taking things easy with you.
Re: Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 13, 2015
Justfollowit:

Is this what you think could be the reason for street kids or what you actually read about?

Poverty is the prime culprit for having kids on the streets and not unplanned unions
It is mainly the contributory problem. If those kids are not born they won't be in the streets. Such unplanned life can lead to many things which causes poverty. Stop using poverty as an excuse here because it is more broad and difficult to understand than you are speculating.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(polygamy) Can A Man Wear More Than One Wedding Ring / If You Go To Bed Like This Your Man Deserves A Side Chick. / Baby Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.