Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? (11121 Views)

How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? / Agonies Of A Child Born Of A Wicked Mother / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Maakhir(m): 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
Richy4:

Bro. Buying her a gift might be a bigger problem because she might think the daughter inlaw was wasting his son's money buying expensive gift.

No, I meant buy the mother some gifts.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Richy4(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
Maakhir:

No, I meant buy the mother some gifts.

Yeah. We are saying the same thing. If you have watched the old Nigerian movie. True Confession. You get a clearer pic. of what i am talking about bro.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Maakhir(m): 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
Richy4:

Yeah. We are saying the same thing. If you have watched the old Nigerian movie. True Confession. You get a clearer pic. of what i am talking about bro.

Im not Nigerian.

And movies do not often portray reality
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Richy4(m): 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
Maakhir:

Im not Nigerian.

And movies do not often portray reality

Ok. But some of the movies has an element of truth on it. Expecially the ones acted locally. So where in the world are you from?
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by khiaa(f): 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2015
2undexy:

huh?

I'll get you when you are asleep!!

*Sweet Dreams or Scary Nitemares* grin sad
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 08, 2015
khiaa:

I'll get you when you are asleep!!

*Sweet Dreams or Scary Nitemares* grin sad

wharever
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by mutter(f): 11:44am On Jan 08, 2015
You can`t handle the mother in law. You can only handle yourself and so make a change.
Respect all your in laws even the younger ones.
Never be disrespectful to your husband in their presence.
Give them chance to be with your husband.

Even when my SIL comes that is way younger than me. I make her feel at home, I even beg het to cook food for her brother because I know it would make her happy to cook for him, We spend time together she the chef cook me assisting. We do things together and it is simply great. When my husband gets home from work I leave the alone to share childhood memories and occupy myself with my kids and hers. In the holidays i send some of my kids to her. That is what family is about. BEcause my husband is so much older than her and we are so close, she often comes to me first before approaching him wiht certain issues and I help her soften the ground.

How I wish I ever had a MIL. I would treat her like a queen and show her so much love and serve her in any way possible, that way my husbands love would increase even more. Through her I would learn so much about my husband, how he was as a kid and what he likes and so on. I would hand over my home to her and learn from her how she cooks because food we remember from our childhood we cherish.
It is only pride and arrogance that makes it difficult for one to submit to the authority of aMIL or mother.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 08, 2015
samuelson06:
Personally, I wouldn't allow my mother to move into the same house with me after marriage. I mean what for? She enjoyed her own life and marriage with her husband, why not allow me enjoy mine? What exactly is she coming to do? To still take care of me and give counsels? God forbid! My wife would enjoy her marriage to the fullest. No interference from anybody. I can't allow that happen to my just wedded lovely wife. Is she coming so that she'll say my wife can't cook? That she should come and cook for me or herself? In whose house? When I read those stuff, I'll just laugh at some men asking myself which planet they come from. Atleast it doesn't take much to be real man! Live your life without any form of interference please and be free. You have your life, take charge. For those that may have found themselves in this unfortunate situation, please I'll advice you to smartly discharge your mum to the family house. Eventhough it appears there might not be problem today, one would definitely arise someday and that good relationship between your wife (and in extension you) and your mum would begin suffer because of your own ignorance. Two matured women cannot stay under one man or same roof peacefully even if sisters. One must definitely create problem for the other and you know women are experts in creating problems. Even for Omugo or whatever name it's called, please don't invite her, your wife can take care of the baby by herself. She's a woman ofcourse and must have learnt all those things. Or what if your mum or her mum wasn't still alive? Wouldn't she take care of the baby? So what's the point? Even for house maid, stay away from them. These guys usually feel bitter and frustrated that they ain't privilege in the society and hence inflicting those pains on your baby. Some on their own refused going to school when they had the chance but now feels they have been left behind hence looking for what they can lay hand on in your house and zoom even it means selling your baby for rituals if possible. Please stay away from them.

wot if d situation becomes unavoidable such dat ur mum got some issues and u obviously appear to b d only one she could reside with. there r conditions like dat where u become d only close person available she can find a safe haven
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by samuelson06(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
correctguy0900:

wot if d situation becomes unavoidable such dat ur mum got some issues and u obviously appear to b d only one she could reside with. there r conditions like dat where u become d only close person available she can find a safe haven

It can't happen like that. She was married into a family. By the way, why is always the mother-in-law coming in-between married couples? Why not men involve themselves in this shiit? Well, the highest I would do is rent her a place to stay. If she was waiting for me to get married so that she can put all her burden on my head, then it's failure for her. She lived her own life freely with her husband without interference, let me live mine too with my wife.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2015
samuelson06:

It can't happen like that. She was married into a family. By the way, why is always the mother-in-law coming in-between married couples? Why not men involve themselves in this shiit? Well, the highest I would do is rent her a place to stay. If she was waiting for me to get married so that she can put all her burden on my head, then it's failure for her. She lived her own life freely with her husband without interference, let me live mine too with my wife.

u sound too unreal. so o even if u d only one ur mum has in dis world to take care of her, under close watch if her condition requires it, u would rent one room for her apart to die in loneliness. it could even b a medical requirement dat she b under d close watch of a loved one coz some certain ailments could b exacerbated by loneliness. u would rather leave ur mum to die coz of ur selfishness.

my grand mum stayed in our house till she passed on coz my dad could not leave her lovely mum who became too weak to care for herself to die like dat. though it was difficult for my mum, she had to understand dat it was her fate. it was d choice left

if I am my mum's only choice in dis world to survive, I will do like my dad because it will b wicked not to do so.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by samuelson06(m): 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2015
correctguy0900:

u sound too unreal. so o even if u d only one ur mum has in dis world to take care of her, under close watch if her condition requires it, u would rent one room for her apart to die in loneliness. it could even b a medical requirement dat she b under d close watch of a loved one coz some certain ailments could b exacerbated by loneliness. u would rather leave ur mum to die coz of ur selfishness.

my grand mum stayed in our house till she passed on coz my dad could not leave her lovely mum who became too weak to care for herself to die like dat. though it was difficult for my mum, she had to understand dat it was her fate. it was d choice left

if I am my mum's only choice in dis world to survive, I will do like my dad because it will b wicked not to do so.

I understand you very well. Well, I can adjust if she doesn't give problem. Brother, I repeat if she's a problematic type like most women, she won't stay. Did you say loneliness? No she can't be. What happened to all our relatives? One can stay with her.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by soulglo: 5:58am On Jan 09, 2015
2undexy:

hw can that be done?

Did you seriously ask that question? Okay. Build a house with a fire place and throw your mother in law in the fire

I can't live with a trouble some person. My home is my home. If she comes in and behaves like my mom who recognizes that this is my home then it is all good in the hood. If she wants to come in and cause trouble I would have to make sure I tell her from the beginning. Mama we can live in peace in my home if you want grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by soulglo: 6:00am On Jan 09, 2015
correctguy0900:

Someone who is in physical condition were she cannot take care of herself medically cannot start trouble. So you are on a whole different story line here. People should respect each other. Being old should not be an excuse to be manner-less. In fact you should be the one teaching the younger generation how to carry themselves.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 09, 2015
soulglo:

Someone who is in physical condition were she cannot take care of herself medically cannot start trouble. So you are on a whole different story line here. People should respect each other. Being old should not be an excuse to be manner-less. In fact you should be the one teaching the younger generation how to carry themselves.

u d one giving speech here. is it every medical condition dat renders one totally inactive. I think u mistake mother for someone you r rendering a charity assistance. most times, being women, dere will b quarrel naturally. u just v a way to coach ur wife in order to v peace. plz wen ur mum is in such condition eh, dump her where she is like a childless woman because she might cause quarrel in ur House. Na only u one like comfort na. As for me, d fear of quarrel will not allow me dump Mine. bye......
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by pinkhill(f): 9:39am On Jan 09, 2015
if my mother in law wont give me peace then i have no choice than to ignore her
if she believes i cant do things well then she should do it
i really don't have a spare life somewhere so no one should make me age before my time

though i am not married but in my little world i have learned a lot from my mom

if my mom is not cruel to her son's wives then why would someone inconvenient my life

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by nickz(m): 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
khia:

That will change once that luv bug bites you. grin grin
lol........marriage is the mother of insecuritygrin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Deceived / She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? / The Fate Of Tunde Thomas! A Lesson For Men!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.