Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ (21008 Views)

Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
An Igando Customary Court in Lagos on Tuesday dissolved the 18-year-old marriage between Mr Olukayode Atolagbe and his wife, Bisi over her frequent partying.

The court’s president, Mr R.I. Adeyeri said that all efforts to reconcile both parties failed, and the court had no choice than to dissolve the union.
“Both parties are no longer husband and wife, they are free to go their separate ways,’’ Adeyeri ruled.

The petitioner, Mr Olukayode Atolagbe, 47, had filed a suit seeking for the dissolution of his 18-year-old marriage over his wife’s alleged frequent partying.
[i]“My wife hardly stays at home as she frequently goes from one party to another, both on weekdays and at weekends.

“She cannot do without attending three to four parties a week; sometimes she will go for days without bothering about what the children will eat,”
[/i]Atolagbe said.
He described his wife as a “fighter and a trouble maker,” saying that she always fought their tenants and even himself in public, to the extent of tearing his clothes.

“Before I built my house, our landlords always eject us from our apartments due to my wife’s frequent fighting with either the landlords’ wives or fellow tenants,” he said.
Olukayode said that his wife would strip herself naked to swear on him, and that such curses had affected his life and businesses.

He begged the court to separate them, saying that he could no longer cope with her behaviour and that he did not love her anymore.
In her response, Bisi Atolagbe, 40, accused her husband of sleeping with one of their tenants.

My husband is having an affair, I caught him red-handed with one of our tenants,’’ the mother of four told the court.

She, however, did not contest the allegation of frequently attending parties.
“Yes, I attend parties a lot, especially those organised by my friends, relatives and my customers, so that they can continue to patronise me.”
She said that her husband wanted to kill her, and that he once put a charm at her doorstep.

“If not for God that woke me up, I would have been dead by now. I sighted my husband dropping something at my door, I asked him what he was dropping and he said it was rat poison.

“But we had never seen any rat in the house, by the time I came down from my bed to see what he dropped, he had picked the thing and ran back to his room,” she said.

The respondent said that her husband could not take any decision of his own except he first consulted with his family.

Bisi also accused her husband of starving her of sex, saying that he last slept with her in March 2014.

She, however, begged the court not to grant her husband’s wish and that she still loved him.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/court-dissolves-18-year-old-marriage-over-wifes-frequent-partying/#sthash.rlN8V7HA.dpuf
Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by wise7(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
party don cos gobe

9 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by iceberylin(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
Faddd:
Partying sucks, i never felt ok each time my woman sets out for one. That dressing and that make-up, to whom are they to be shown?
You mean you let her party grin

With them niggaz rocking her

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by juianne95(f): 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
Incase too

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by Tallesty1(m): 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2015
Sorry............

Obviously one of those sisters who think they can change automatically from a party freak to a good wife and mother once they marry.

It doesn't work that way, if you can't stop doing something while you are single, chances are you will still not be able to change when you marry.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by okotv(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
this is serious. Party is another reason to end a marriage.
Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by hazyfm1: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
interesting

[size=48pt]But i thought our Judiciary were on strike[/size]

12 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by mrlaw93(m): 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
Lagos landladies and parties.. i hail oo

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by WIZGUY69(m): 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
cheesy grin
make dem lock the two of them for prison first, dem never talk true. grin
fake wife
fake husband

8 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
grin

I bet he met her in a club, n got married to her.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by DNBCrew: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
Visit to know why everyone is talking about DNB stories. www.danwrites90..com
Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by MaZterZ(m): 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
I Hope both parties agreed on all aspects of property division shocked shocked, parenting and support before filing the petition for dissolution undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by Maximillian1: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
And it made FP
Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by jeeqaa7(m): 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
Loool... She nor gree dance with the niccu.. Next thing na court.

By the way was @ d last party she attended and while she rocked me she promised to go home with me. Then changed her mind because she was married .. Who knows! We would still meet @ d landlords begining of the year party .. + now she's single

NB
Dis lady in question has a "bigger than nicky" ass...

Back to the matter ..
Have u all gotten ur pvc

Police stopped me yday.. After checking all my particulars and seeing no fault .. The next tin I heard was

Oga where ur pvc?
Don't u know u are not supposed to drive witout ur pvc?
Infact sergeant enter his motor .. We dey go office

I think sey na joke till I was asked for my belt and my shoe and told to go behind counter

My people
Collect your pvc and vote out "ortu-eke" man

4 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
B

modified:

I thought all judicial workers were on strike so which court dem go? :S :S
Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by youngvizzy1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
U met her on a club and married her!!! Now ur complaining My brother that's ur cup of palm wine grin grin grin a dog must go back to his vomit :p

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by jeeqaa7(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
And so

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by youngvizzy1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
donmarvex:
B
B for boobs grin

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by bonechamberlain(m): 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
Na wa o, don't know what is happening these days with our girls and women. 18 yrs in marriage a women is still partying (owambe) like she is in a relationship....... she still loved him my foot..

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by boman2014: 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
b.tc.h!

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by firstlady01(f): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Lord have mercy!
Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Dis woman gan wallahi. Me sef na to runaway from dis type of wife
Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by kingstylo01(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ha!

THIS ONE IS STRONG!!! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by bastien: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Lol @Rat poison

The two of them dey lie diedie grin
Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by lilbabyak(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
na for party him first see her now. so why complain

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by whizdame(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
women of nowadays in my time these things don't happen
Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by moscobabs(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
owu iya gbon........show me her money please
Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by BokoHaramm: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
This woman are the people that make it look like our people love partying, ibo will soon abuse us, this woman is a disgrace to yoruba women grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by donmalcolm21(m): 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
This is marriage that has all the divorce ingredients.

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by waloma(m): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
Pls tell her I have a party too, she is invited oooo ooo....
bonechamberlain:
Na wa o, don't know what is happening these days with our girls and women. 18 yrs in marriage a women is still partying like she is in a relationship
Pls tell her I have a party too, she is invited oooo ooo....

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by 5minsmadness: 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
In her response, Bisi Atolagbe, 40, accused her husband of sleeping with one of their tenants.

1. “My husband is having an affair, I caught him red-handed with one of our tenants,’’ the mother of four told the court.
shocked

2. “Yes, I attend parties a lot, especially those organised by my friends, relatives and my customers, so that they can continue to patronise me.”
shocked

3. She said that her husband wanted to kill her, and that he once put a charm at her doorstep.
shocked shocked

4. The respondent said that her husband could not take any decision of his own except he first consulted with his family.
shocked

5. Bisi also accused her husband of starving her of sex, saying that he last slept with her in March 2014.
shocked shocked

But finally:6. She, however, begged the court not to grant her husband’s wish and that she still loved him.

undecided undecided undecided

You still love him? After all the horrible things you said he did above? You well so

12 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ by halmeyd(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hehehe divorce case is nw becoming regular news nowadays o... *okada abeg carry me go celebrity section,i hear say maheeda jst release new hot unclad pixes*.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Rejoices As She Gets Pregnant At 56, Gives Birth To Twins After 26 Years / At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? / Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.