Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

5 Reasons Why PDP'll Win Presidential Elections & Lose The Gov.ship Race In R/S. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why PDP'll Win Presidential Elections & Lose The Gov.ship Race In R/S. (1343 Views)

"Buhari Will Win Presidential Election Again" - Garba Shehu / Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research / Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why PDP'll Win Presidential Elections & Lose The Gov.ship Race In R/S. by Abelsconcept(m): 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
Five (5) Reasons Why PDP Will Win Presidential Elections And Lose The Governorship Race In Rivers State By Abelsconcept (a Rivers man)

Disclaimer: This thread attempts to address in the writers opinion the outcome of 2015 elections in Rivers State. Hence, do not attach personal attacks to any word(s), statement(s) used by the writer because they are as a result of the writers orientation about Rivers state politics.

#1. GOODLUCK IS STILL A SON OF THE SOIL
The saying that, "when a father flogs his child with the right hand and cuddles the child with left hand" is very applicable in Goodluck's case here. It is true at some point most Rivers people have seen Goodluck as an enemy rather than an ally. Mostly because of his decisions that has affect the ordinary Rivers man such as ceding Rivers Oil wells to Bayelsa and Akwa-Ibom states. Am not interested with his personal battles with Gov. Amaechi but rather what affects me as a Rivers man. Having said all that, remember my earlier quote, President Goodluck is a still son of the soil and I believe most Rivers people will forgive him (just like me).

#2. BUHARI IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CHALLENGE GOODLUCK
Lets face facts here, in a democratic sense Buhari is not any level close to Goodluck. Goodluck is head and shoulders above him which makes me wonder why APC in all their talk about "CHANGE 2015" cannot effect change within the party. Maybe APC have no better candidate to challenge Goodluck. It beats mine imagination to think APC in all their wisdom choose to elect a man who at some point had made statements capable of instigating war and terrorism. Or perhaps he imposed himself (remember he's still a general if you challenge you go.... lipsrsealed)

#3. AN IKWERRE MAN CANNOT HANDOVER TO ANOTHER IKWERRE MAN.
Seriously? I can't believe I just typed that. Am beginning to sound like one of those ethnocentric dudes (hahahaha grin grin grin). I think it reality that people want to be recognized in midst of others, be it a person, family, ethnic or tribe they want to be recognized to feel accepted as a part that makes the whole. E.g. The Igbos have to announce secession from Nigeria when they felt marginalised, remember north and southwest crisis etc. We have peace because we've fought wars.

The issue of over looking an ethnic group because they're minority is the sources of may crisis we've had today. Rivers state is a peaceful state where different ethnic groups coexist and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Hence, the present administration in its wise thinking has rotated the mantle to the waterside people. It'll come to upland again after eight years then it will be the Ogonis, maybe my peoples turn (I'll be a contestant, possibly the governor wink). Remember peace is a product of war.

#4. THE SUCCESSES OF THE PRESENT ADMINISTRATION IN RIVERS STATE.
The present administration has done well to a certain extent. Though, they could've done better especially in the second term but all in all it is above 40% which is enough for a pass mark. Comparing Rivers state's improved standards to other states you'll understand its being a success at 40% (that speaks volume of the entire country).

Having said that, that gives this administration the benchmark to propel the state in the right direction which includes wapping party to achieve it's purpose. So irrespective of the party, the people will vote the man presented by this administration as a way of saying thank you to this administration and for the continuity in progress of the state.

#5. WIKE IS A POLITICAL TOOL
I wanted to apologise to Wike supports then I remembered Ghandi's statement that says "do not apologize for speaking the truth....". Nyesom Wike has allowed himself to be used by the powers that be. Recall he worked with present administration as the chief of staff of the government house before the influences from top told him lies that he'll be the next governor of Rivers state. I used to like him because I felt he was outspoken person but then I realised he was just used. I totally lost the regard for him when he said he will make Rivers ungovernable for the present administration.

Seriously, am suspecting the decision to elect Wike as governorship candidate of PDP knowing fully well that he'll not stand a chance by virtue of being an Ikwerre man. A very poor decision by the power brokers in Rivers state PDP. Hmmmmm, this people.....

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why PDP'll Win Presidential Elections & Lose The Gov.ship Race In R/S. by Elparaiso(m): 5:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
G
Re: 5 Reasons Why PDP'll Win Presidential Elections & Lose The Gov.ship Race In R/S. by dunkem21(m): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nice one. I agree with you.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PDP'll Win Presidential Elections & Lose The Gov.ship Race In R/S. by otokx(m): 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
We have read.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PDP'll Win Presidential Elections & Lose The Gov.ship Race In R/S. by jamace(m): 5:14am On Jan 07, 2015
Ok.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PDP'll Win Presidential Elections & Lose The Gov.ship Race In R/S. by Abelsconcept(m): 8:27am On Jan 07, 2015
dunkem21:
Nice one. I agree with you.

Thanks.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PDP'll Win Presidential Elections & Lose The Gov.ship Race In R/S. by kelvincoll(m): 8:39am On Jan 07, 2015
Good points though......Applies only where all things be equal, however this is Nigeria where elections re filled with surprises. If a TA Orji can be re-elected as gov and probrably headed for the senate
Re: 5 Reasons Why PDP'll Win Presidential Elections & Lose The Gov.ship Race In R/S. by drizzy1989: 8:53am On Jan 07, 2015
Nice write up......buh.......till next month

(1) (Reply)

Contradictory Statements By Obanikoro And Fayose : An Analysis / Buhari’s Wife Donates N135m Drugs To Adamawa Idps / I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.