Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More (42546 Views)

Why Do Most Ladies Fall Easily For Guys Through Social Media Than Physical? / Gorgeous Guys - More Of A Curse Than Gift In Nigeria / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by yahx(m): 11:12am On Jan 08, 2015
luigiajah:
If you are a boring guy, sorry, your woman
might end up in the arms of that silly, funny
dude...just because he is funny. Read
reasons from below..

Why is it when girls are asked what qualities
they look for in a guy, most say a sense of
humor?

There’s just something about a guy who
makes you giggle like a little schoolgirl, and
there’s a reason Seth Rogen never fails to
steal our hearts in every movie.

Funny guys have a charm and electricity
about them that is hard to deny. Below are
the real reasons why the silly man will
always have you hooked:

He never fails to entertain you

Dating a guy with a good sense of humor
never gets boring. He is spontaneous and will
pull almost any stunt for a laugh. It makes
things exciting because you have to be quick
to keep up with him.
To be funny, a guy must be witty
and creative: plus and plus!
If you ask any writer what the most difficult
genre to write for is, he or she will most likely
say comedy. Sure, anyone can tell a good ol’
fashion fart joke, but it takes a certain type
of a genius to nail a punchline that will make
you laugh until your belly hurts.
To be on his game, he must be quick on his
feet and original. If your guy is truly funny,
he probably has a vast knowledge of peculiar
facts and an arsenal of voices to share them
in.

He knows how to handle social
situations

Nothing eases up an awkward moment better
than a good-hearted joke. He has made
enough inappropriate wisecracks to know
when the time is right to tease and when it is
better to keep his mouth shut.
You no longer have to cringe about leaving
your guy in a room alone with others. Part of
being funny is knowing where everyone else
is coming from. Building off others, he can
find something in common that they can all
chat or even chuckle about.

He is naturally very observant

How is he going to poke fun at your “Hunger
Games” poster unless he’s taken a moment
to observe your room?
The reason comedians are so good at what
they do is attributed to their keen sense of
what’s going on around them and ability to
find the absurdness in it. A good way to one-
up his witty remarks is to thank him for
noticing.

He makes you a better person

You stressed out too much before he entered
the picture; now he teaches you to laugh at
life and yourself.
Your safety wall melts away when he is
around, and when he makes a fool out of
himself, you feel more comfortable to do the
same. What is a sweeter love when you can
both truly be yourself around each other?

He gets along with your friends

He goes out of his way to impress your
friends and show them a good time. He feels
the need to perform and does not mind
taking the stage.
Your friends like him because he is the life of
the party. Whether it’s wacky impressions or
dry sarcasm, they find him a riot and like
seeing you so smitten.

He doesn’t feed into drama

Goofy guys usually do not let their temper
get the best of them. He tends not to take
life too seriously or any dramatic person for
that matter.
If there is another funny friend in the group,
he sees it as a faceoff. They are more likely
to exchange punchlines instead of punches,
making it even more fun for everyone else.

He radiates confidence

It takes a secure guy to poke fun at himself
for your amusement. Even if he does not act
super confident in front of everyone, it is
obvious when you two are together.
Maybe it is something about having you on
his arm, but anytime you are together, there
is a chip on his shoulder that you find
charming, yet playfully challenging. Just
keep it light and avoid a low blow because
underneath every funny guy is an emotional
one.

Pranksters are secretly sensitive

Let’s face it: The class clown was never the
smartest guy in class or the biggest jock in
high school. He made others laugh to get by
and was easily able to hide his emotions
behind his jokes.
Unlike so many guys who seem one-
dimensional, funny guys have a beautiful
complex to them. When they are comfortable
enough to reveal their sensitive side to us, it
is a special and intimate feeling.

Most importantly, he never fails to
bring a smile to your face

It is impossible to stay upset for long with
his cute little smirk in front of you. He knows
exactly how to make you laugh through tears,
and it’s both a blessing and a curse.
If you laugh at all his funny antics, you
probably have a crush. If you also laugh at
his failed one-liners, you, my friend, are
already in love.

http://elitedaily.com/women/10-reasons-will-always-fall-funny-guy/640574/

Cc
ireneony
Cc Unibenstudent
Cc kristina1
Cc marieolae
Cc Pasqal09
Cc Kingtom
I hate it wwhen you use my kind of perso as a front page#dont u knw that ladies will be too much on me
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by diasporaman(m): 11:13am On Jan 08, 2015
what if he is as poor as a church rat
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by Deapexboy(m): 11:13am On Jan 08, 2015
Ok.lemme turn to comedian because woman nd wetin dey under skirtcheesy
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by InZA: 11:14am On Jan 08, 2015
extremelygolden:

Then you haven't tried me.

Maybe you make up for the remaining "5%“......or maybe not, as far as your statement goes, it may just be subjective self appraisal.
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by chronique(m): 11:14am On Jan 08, 2015
My mother almost killed me with beating when my class teacher wrote on my report card,that I was a clown;it happened in JSS3. I was like the life of the class and easily loved by all. My humour even went overboard one day when I called one of our teachers his nickname. It was a name students used to call him secretly. I hid myself after calling him that name and because of me,He flogged the whole class as nobody agreed to point me. At a point when I saw people crying,I wanted to own up but my friends refused. The funniest aspect was that,I received less strokes of the cane cos I was brilliant... I continued like that up till sss3. Being funny endears people to you. As I got out of higher institution,I realised being too funny sometimes,would make people see you as unserious. You need to find a right balance between both.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by JoeCutie(m): 11:15am On Jan 08, 2015
"Boring" is boring. undecided
Life's too mean, serious, harsh, and sometimes, unfair, to be mean & boring. You just have to spice it up with that gift that nature gave to all of us - laughter, when you still have teeth. grin

Many a time, most guys think they must have money and maybe, a ride, to be able to attract girls. No, bro, you can boast of having something which those "bigger boys" do not have - the power to make people laugh, the power to make people listen & want to listen to you, the power to make people forget their worries, the power to drive people to you, the people to speak & get the audience wowing - that CHARISMATIC POWER. Bcause having just money is mainstream, after all, most times, the so called bigger boys are always mean, serious & busy.

Real ladies do not want just money. Money is boring without laughter & fun. They want people who can make them laugh out loud. What many of us do not know is that girls are not just about the money, they care about their inner happiness too. Don't chase them; make them laugh, you might as well make them come. grin

To guys: Never let your girlfriend/wife have another funny-guy-bestie. That's like giving her ticket to an all expense-paid trip to Dubai, because she MUST travel.

Let's just make this world a better place with so much laughter. grin cheesy

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 08, 2015
mesoade:
is your father funny?
No offence, #jezasking

There is Offence in that!

How old are you? I used to gbadu you until you want to join the set of folks who crave for attention by Insulting others and their opinions. Do you like the way she replied you? ... It's pathetic we have alot of Young minds here! SMH
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by igeolink: 11:18am On Jan 08, 2015
How does this stop the 2015 election?
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by hapiness44(f): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2015
I had this very funny friend in uni then,he told me he wore suit to church that sunday, and I dared him to wear the suit to class on a tuesday..Lo! And behold! He wore a suit to 'faculty' a very busy place in the university of benin,students were looking at him like he was one crazy dude,he walked up to me and I started laughing so hard.that singular act made me fall in love with him!.. If you want to make me trip for you, just make me laugh,it works everytime
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by extremelygolden: 11:20am On Jan 08, 2015
InZA:

Maybe you make up for the remaining "5%“......or maybe not, as far as your statement goes, it may just be subjective self appraisal.

Probably because you fell into the hands of "boring" ladies, but I tell you, most of us are fun to be with especially if you flow along too.
And my case is far from being subjective self appraisal. Only those that know me that can attest to that.
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by hedonistic: 11:21am On Jan 08, 2015
InZA:
95% of girls that have "He must have a sense of humor" as one of their necessary tick boxes, don't even have any sense of humor themselves... Very dry, Witty-less girls... Very odd but true undecided

True. It takes a sense of humour to appreciate a sense of humour. Unfortunately, most of these girls are too dense and witless for that. Unless you mean humour as a one way traffic, in which case the man becomes a clown performing a solo show.

1 Like

Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 08, 2015
softysparky:
Just a little sense of humour. He can then be mean to every other girls.

explain..
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by anthoniaz(f): 11:23am On Jan 08, 2015
Bleshh:
I sabi werrn Lawd mean jare...

abi u think say na Cassava Flour dey my Skull ni?? grin

Make i no vex for una oo
Ok oo.
grin
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by okzcorp: 11:24am On Jan 08, 2015
Chizzy20:
even if u re funny nd u re broke or dont ve sumtyn doin, one will jst b making a fool of himself.

OMG are those LIPS shocked
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by InZA: 11:25am On Jan 08, 2015
hedonistic:

True. It takes a sense of humour to appreciate a sense of humour. Unfortunately, most of these girls are too dense and witless for that . Unless you mean humour as a one way traffic, in which case the man becomes a clown performing a solo show.

Exactly!
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by okzcorp: 11:27am On Jan 08, 2015
anthoniaz:

Ok oo.
grin

Is this your wedding pix or you running an advert for some wedding dress makers?
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 08, 2015
if u have those qualities plzzz just make sure yo gf or wife is not a jealous type OR ELSE!!!
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 08, 2015
hapiness44:
I had this very funny friend in uni then,he told me he wore suit to church that sunday, and I dared him to wear the suit to class on a tuesday..Lo! And behold! He wore a suit to 'faculty' a very busy place in the university of benin,students were looking at him like he was one crazy dude,he walked up to me and I started laughing so hard.that singular act made me fall in love with him!.. If you want to make me trip for you, just make me laugh,it works everytime
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 08, 2015
InZA:
95% of girls that have "He must have a sense of humor" as one of their necessary tick boxes, don't even have any sense of humor themselves... Very dry, Witty-less girls... Very odd but true undecided
and you forgot that a funny guy's character can be contagious. Once he has that beautiful sense of humor, it make make a very dry, witty-less girl more lively than him.
Funny dudes rock jor. tongue
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by InZA: 11:35am On Jan 08, 2015
extremelygolden:

Probably because you fell into the hands of "boring" ladies, but I tell you, most of us are fun to be with especially if you flow along too.
And my case is far from being subjective self appraisal. Only those that know me that can attest to that.

Well then, good for you, particularly, good for your friends who enjoy your company... But really you can't speak for most of you, you can only absolutely be sure about yourself... Moreover , this lack of humor thing is even more generic than giving apportioned percentages... The reason being, an average Nigerian girl thinks it's a man's duty to do all the talking and make her interested in her, she feels she's doing him some "rare-earth-metal" favour by even giving him audience at all and with this type of mindset perpetuating itself amongst all of you the result becomes thus "The average Nigerian girl is boring"

1 Like

Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by okzcorp: 11:36am On Jan 08, 2015
hapiness44:

Perhaps giving us a lead on things that amuse you and a picture of you will motivate us to make you laugh
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by InZA: 11:38am On Jan 08, 2015
missberrypop5:
and you forgot that a funny guy's character can be contagious. Once he has that beautiful sense of humor, it make make a very dry, witty-less girl more lively than him.

Of course his character can be contagious, funny guys rock- Ofcourse they do... I'm funny and I rock, so I know tongue. The issh is, why can't "funny girls rock too"?
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 08, 2015
selfoss:

explain..
Haba wetin I wan explain again.
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 08, 2015
OP this post doesn't apply to naija, the sound of credit alert surpasses all sense of humour. *singing* if I show you my money
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by FLAWLES(f): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2015
Randy91:

@flawless...from ur pix,,u look like sme1 hu is crippled,,pls wats d secret..
###na joke o###
.tank God na Joke
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by okzcorp: 11:42am On Jan 08, 2015
missberrypop5:

I diagree with you. A lady once told me she hates SARcASM.Some are just too lazy to process properly what they read or hear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by omonla555: 11:42am On Jan 08, 2015
mesoade:
Trash,10 things they need from you is
1. Money
2. Money
3. Money
4. Money
5. Money
6. Money
7. Money
8. Caring and romantic
9. Lil' bit handsome
10. Money

You dont need to be handsome, how about Kenny Ogungbe?
He is Rich
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 08, 2015
softysparky:

Haba wetin I wan explain again.

Why should he be mean to other girls?
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by herald9: 11:43am On Jan 08, 2015
cheesy
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by daramz1(m): 11:44am On Jan 08, 2015
Chai! Nairalander's with their copy and paste sha. SMH. OP u try sha but AOP(aye o po) to go tru the messg
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 08, 2015
selfoss:

Why should he be mean to other girls?
Because I am mean to other guys.
Re: Why Ladies Fall For Funny Guys More by herald9: 11:46am On Jan 08, 2015
okzcorp:

I diagree with you. A lady once told me she hates SARcASM.Some are just too lazy dull to process properly what they read or hear.
#washes hands

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience / Lagos Girl With Big Boobs Opens It For All To See – More Photos / Kenyan Lady Exposes Her Husband's Mistress & Vowed To Bewitch Her (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.