Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

This Guy Is A Legend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Guy Is A Legend (9058 Views)

Poll: Do you consider Muntazar Al-Zaid a hero and Legend?

Yes: 32% (13 votes)
No: 50% (20 votes)
Indifferent: 17% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Forget Linda Ikeja,don Jazzy,psquare Or Wizkid!this Guy Is The Real Billionaire! / Chief M.k.o Abiola: A Hero, A Legend, A True Democrat!!! / Look At What A Police Officer Did To This Guy Because Of Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Guy Is A Legend by Muza(m): 11:44am On Dec 16, 2008
He is the first and probably the last and only person to ever throw shoes at a sitting American President,
can u beat that?
I must commend the guy for his courage.
The bush administration has brought so many woes not only to the Iraqis but also to the whole world.
They might not want to admit,but the current financial crisis engulfing the world is as a result of the wars.

Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2008
legend of what

That a distinguished journalist who has risen as much as to be allowed into Presidential press conference can not control himself tells you a lot about the arab world and self control.

A good man you dine with can simply go to bed and wake up the next morning as a terrorist.

The man used what he could get past security, if he could take a bomb in . . . . the story would have been different.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by olanajim(m): 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2008
It takes alot of courage to do that. No matter what happen to him, he would respected in Arab Land for that act of bravado.

Yes, he is the first and only one. The reaction from his employer and the people further illustrate how deep resentment bush had incured in mideast.

I watch the video over and over, and I feel sorry for Mr Bush. For the first time ever, I emphatize with him.

I think he shoudn't have made the trip in the first place. He kept his countrymen in dark about it until they heard the their president is been stoned in Iraq! What a disappointment! Yet, this man had been advised to stay at home till the he leave office.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by grafikdon: 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2008
Yeah bravado and betrayal of trust. A distinguished journalist with no self control. I am not a fan of Bush ( I believe he is a big mess and an arrogant nit wit) but . . .come on! I am sure there are other journalist in that room who are not Bush's greatest fan, and probably felt worse than the ''Shoe Slinger''. How do we expect any objectivity from such a journalist who easily allows his emotions and sentiments to subjugate his sense of reasoning? IMHO, he's a disgrace to journalists worldwide.

I guess he was walking around barefooted during the time of Saddam Hussein.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by landis(m): 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2008
well done to this brave fellow.

The man died in him who refuse to take any action.

He has thrown his shoes to show and express his displeasure while the other journalist hopes from crumbs from America.

Fact: more people have died since Bush took over Iraqi than in Saddam era.

Backhome: OBJ wiped-out the entire ODI village and yet UN appoints him to bring peace to Congo.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Moves: 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2008
The Other Journalist should have all joined to stone Bush; It takes bravado to do what he did; i hope one day nigerians will see the light that our leaders are humans and discover that power belongs to the people not to the few ruling elite. Instead of celebrating this thieving bastard that parade their stolen wealth; nigerians should publicly embarrass them as thieves, we they can no longer attend public functions, no longer celebrated as they are now; maybe then the urge to loot the blind will be curtailed. The Thai people have shown us they way;
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Naijex: 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2008
@Muza
You this Mallo guy, now i see your brain is under your feet, if  this disgruntle journalist is a legend to you.

Can u encourage someone to disrespect your president in that manner.
Muza:

but the current financial crisis engulfing the world is as a result of the wars.

Ode, the war no start no fin. crisis. What's wall street got to do iraqi war.

financial crisis started because of the deregulation of the market.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Muza(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2008
Naijex:

@Muza
You this Mallo guy, now i see your brain is under your feet, if this disgruntle journalist is a legend to you.

the money used in financing the war was plucked from trees ko? grin
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Moves: 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2008
Muza:

the money used in financing the war was plucked from trees ko? grin

Yeap-- Abeg show me that tree; $10 Billion a month; = $120 Billion a year; 7 years = $640 Billion; chei see money; proposed financial bailout plan $700 Billion
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Lagosboy: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2008
mikeansy:

legend of what

That a distinguished journalist who has risen as much as to be allowed into Presidential press conference can not control himself tells you a lot about the arab world and self control.

A good man you dine with can simply go to bed and wake up the next morning as a terrorist

The man used what he could get past security, if he could take a bomb in . . . . the story would have been different.

What a way racist comment!!! “Arabs and self control” Does self control have a tribe or race .You talk like someone who lack exposure. 19 men attacked the US if Bush had self control why not go after Bin Laden alone why carpet bomb a whole country and like Rumsfeld said “Bomb them to stone age”

You talk of self control !! What would you do to the person that made you an orphan ? or killed your children Laugh and dine with him? Perhaps if u are the mother of  a US soldier killed in Iraq for nothing you wouldn’t be talking of self control!!
There is no self control in matters regarding life and death please be real!!!! This gentleman represents thousands of Iraqi orphans and widows who have no means of expressing their views.

Have u ever heard of Abu ghuraib prison pictures!!! Perhaps if it was your relative forced into homosexual acts and naked pictures taken u wouldn’t be talking of self control!!!

Jos crisis in Nigeria people here on NL have said Hausas should all be killed, muslims are this muslims are fanatic where is the self control!!!

You think if a dead american soldiers mum against the war had the same opportunity she wouldnt bite his nose off?

Naijex:

@Muza
You this Mallo guy, now i see your brain is under your feet, if  this disgruntle journalist is a legend to you.

I think we should learn to treat each other with self respect what is the meaning of u this "mallo guy". U might disagree with him but in no way should you insult him maybe this was the self control mikeansy was talking about!!
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by plcgroup: 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2008
@Muza,

monkey like you! cheesy grin Stupid! cheesy grin Idiot cheesy grin slowpoke cheesy grin and finally Hausa goat! cheesy grin
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Lagosboy: 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2008
@PLC group

Ssssshhhhh

Pls stop this nonsense!!! Why are u insulting the gentleman. Debate the topic at hand.

For Nigeria to move foward we have to stop this attitude to one another

"Hausa goat" !!! man Our nation is full of Racist individuals. Otherwise why say such a thing!!!

How do we progress when people put the crimes of a few on a whole tribe and ethnicity?
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by DRANOEL(m): 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2008
@lagosboy

nice one
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by olanajim(m): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2008
I just read on Bbc news that Arab rich men are now interested in buying the shoes. The bid price range between 70,000 dollars and 10m dollars!
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by MrCrackles(m): 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2008
olanajim:

I just read on Bbc news that Arab rich men are now interested in buying the shoes. The bid price range between 70,000 dollars and 10m dollars!

What if the shoe actually killed Mr Bush? grin cheesy
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by abdurrazaq(m): 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2008
MrCrackles:

What if the shoe actually killed Mr Bush? grin cheesy
The bid price would have been from $100Million upward grin cheesy

Muntadar al-Zaidi has suffered a broken hand, broken ribs and internal bleeding, as well as an eye injury, his older brother, Dargham, told the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7785338.stm

Now, they are gradually making the guy a Hero/Legend.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2008
His a man not a boy and he's got balls.That kinda of move is a rare one not to talk of aiming such attack at an acclaimed most influencial world preski.He belongs to the Che,Fela,Mandela group.Hope someone can rise to face d fools here in Nigeria someday.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Naijex: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2008
@Lagosboy

u be jjc abi,
Muza ' s thinking is pathetic, absurd and laughable.
I know say he no go train him piken to be suicide bomber. Surely, send them to prestigious school to be Engr.Dr etc.
Come come 'ere dey talk nonsense. 

Hero ko Terrorist ni.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by banom(m): 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2008
MUZA

i have always known you are an idiot, look at the kind of mess you surport and view as legendry, This shows the kind of terrorists we have in This country,
But wait, why are islams always the problem of this world ? GOD FORBID.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2008
The Iraqi authorities are keeping him detained no for throwing the Shoes at Mr. Bush.
But for actually throwing them in the same vicinity as the Iraqi Prime Minister.

This guy is lucky Saddam Hussein is not in power anymore, he would not have survived the night.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Naijex: 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2008
Survived the night.
Instant execution if it was Saddam regime.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 16, 2008
I was away in Kaduna over the weekend, very busy, so cut off news, but I first read about this incident yesterday evening in a newspaper I collected from a man beside me on my flight back to Lagos. I laughed so loud that that I forgot I was in an aircraft. That was even a child's play compared to how I laughed when I got home later y'nite and saw the scene on CNN. Very funny incident. When it was first shown b4 I got home, my brother said he thought it was a comedy.

I see the whole thing as more of comical than all these bravery, hero, embarrassment arguments.

I'm still laughing at the incident!!!
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by olanajim(m): 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2008
@Mr crackle,
We all know what will happen if the shoe had actually hit Mr Bush. Killing him is not the journalist intention, else he would never have thrown shoes when bombs are cheap in Iraq.

Personally, I view the incidence in two parts.
1. Bush made a grave mistake by going to Iraq at the time even his countrymen wanted to see his back. If it were to be any other president, Americans would have incited diplomatic war. We know that even Secretary of State can't be treated that way without American wrath. But this is Mr Bush, the president with all time lowest approval rating.

I still wonder who was the idiot that adviced him to visit Iraq at this time.

All in all, according to what I read, it is their customs. Iraqi customs. Even Talabani should have known that. At worse, the man would spend two years in prison (and come out a hero) while Bush spend the rest of his life regreting his costliest mistake. This is a lesson to all leaders worldwide.

As for those who say Obj deserves same treatment, we all know that what happen when he visited Ekiti state as BOT chairman.

@all,
it is unfair to attack muza for calling the man a hero. The man was called a hero, legend by his people. Please check the updated Bbc news. Whether he supported it or not is another thing. I believe there is agreement in DISagreement. Let us throw aside sentiments while defending our opinions.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by tharma(f): 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2008
@Muza u are a hypocrite. U are here celebrating the courage of another man while u are busy trying to belittle the courage of a Nigerian.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 16, 2008
What a way racist comment!!! “Arabs and self control” Does self control have a tribe or race .You talk like someone who lack exposure. 19 men attacked the US if Bush had self control why not go after Bin Laden alone why carpet bomb a whole country and like Rumsfeld said “Bomb them to stone age”

You talk of self control !! What would you do to the person that made you an orphan ? or killed your children Laugh and dine with him? Perhaps if u are the mother of a US soldier killed in Iraq for nothing you wouldn’t be talking of self control!!
There is no self control in matters regarding life and death please be real!!!! This gentleman represents thousands of Iraqi orphans and widows who have no means of expressing their views.

Have u ever heard of Abu ghuraib prison pictures!!! Perhaps if it was your relative forced into homosexual acts and naked pictures taken u wouldn’t be talking of self control!!!

Jos crisis in Nigeria people here on NL have said Hausas should all be killed, muslims are this muslims are fanatic where is the self control!!!

You think if a dead american soldiers mum against the war had the same opportunity she wouldnt bite his nose off?

yes my comments were racist, but they are also legitimate

why was bush in iraq? to sign an agreement for us soldiers to leave iraq sooner than later. what use is throwing shoes

most muslims and arabs are simply delusional. instead of repudiating a unnecessary act, u call this fool a legend

This is why the Palestine - Isreali issue will not be resolved in this life time, because people can't think straight and get their priorities right in the muslim world.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by tpia: 7:40pm On Dec 16, 2008
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Pataki: 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2008
Lagosboy:

You talk of self control !! What would you do to the person that made you an orphan ? or killed your children Laugh and dine with him? Perhaps if u are the mother of  a US soldier killed in Iraq for nothing you wouldn’t be talking of self control!!

Your ignorance is amazing.

I do not even think it is worthwhile addressing your pack of hogwash. Keep on relishing in your ignorance.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2008
mikeansy:

yes my comments were racist, but they are also legitimate

why was bush in iraq? to sign an agreement for us soldiers to leave iraq sooner than later. what use is throwing shoes

most muslims and arabs are simply delusional. instead of repudiating a unnecessary act, u call this fool a legend

This is why the Palestine - Isreali issue will not be resolved in this life time, because people can't think straight and get their priorities right in the muslim world.

angry angry angry
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by earTHMama: 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2008
A legend?. You see how northerners think?. Violence seem to be a norm for them.
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

The Iraqi authorities are keeping him detained no for throwing the Shoes at Mr. Bush.
But for actually throwing them in the same vicinity as the Iraqi Prime Minister.

This guy is lucky Saddam Hussein is not in power anymore, he would not have survived the night.

its exactly the question i've been asking and no one has provided a credible answer.

Now to the hypocrites crowing here . . . since Bush is regarded as the leader of the "free world" . . . lets assume a Fox news journalist threw a shoe at the King Fahd of Saudi Arabia (the arab leader at least de-facto and 15 of the 9-11 bombers were Saudis) . . . what would have been the response of Muza, Lagosboy and other faceless cowards?

Lets see the "muslim" response:

- Widespread "outrage"
- Burning of US flags, effigies of George Bush and stoning of US embassies
- Threats to the lives of US journalists working abroad
- Demands for direct apology from President Bush . . .

Compare that to the amusement that the video of a foreign journalist stoning Bush has generated in the US.

. . . Muza, Zaidi is really a "legend".
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by diggler(m): 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2008
AL-Zaidi's Maga has Paid big time.

We're talking, Book Deals, Film rights, Interviews, Political points etc, etc

I'm checking to see if the shoes have made it to ebay, (on how e don become Projectile, the Inept secret service go don house am as evidence)
Re: This Guy Is A Legend by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 16, 2008
this lagosboy is a very funny hypocrite:

You talk of self control !! What would you do to the person that made you an orphan ? or killed your children Laugh and dine with him? Perhaps if u are the mother of a US soldier killed in Iraq for nothing you wouldn’t be talking of self control!!

funny how these faceless "thousands" express their views:
1. Where were they when Saddam was gassing the kurds and shiites? They had no views to express?
2. Why are these cowards not expressing their views about Iranian-made IEDs that have maimed and killed thousands of Iraqis? Where is there outrage against alqaeda and the militia of Muqtada Sadr?
3. Do you know that more than 90% of those killed in Iraq have been killed by fellow Iraqis?
4. Zaidi was captured TWICE by Iraqi militia . . . where was his outrage against them?

Perhaps you shld take a peep at prisons in Iraq and Iran . . .
Perhaps you shld take a peep at prisons where Saddam tortured those who spoke against him including journalists like Zaidi.
Perhaps you shld consider that much of the claims against Abu Ghraib are actually false . . . we know arabs have a penchant for lying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. / 500 APC Members Join PDP In Delta, Say Party Has Future / The Fraudulent Nigerian Forbes Billionaires.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.