Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,573 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan (29654 Views)

Solomon Dalung Drinking Tea With Bread At Bauchi Road Motor Park, Jos / From Reno Omokri To Ben Bruce - Citizens Are Starting To Feel The Change / Buhari, Your Citizens Are Dying- Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by NovusHomo(m): 11:47am On Jan 08, 2015
Edwin Clark, abi?

[quote author=westheimer post=29592028][/quote
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by stayblack: 11:57am On Jan 08, 2015
CHOP ALONE DIE ALONE.ACCORDING TO PDP OGA, MONKEY DEY WORK BABOON DEY CHOP.BUHARI THE PEOPLE GENERAL FOR PRISIDENT.
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by emeka2847: 11:58am On Jan 08, 2015
He'll mention names at the appropriate time?
Na so you say you go mention name of boko haram sponsor since 2012, up till now na only campaign you dey carry the thing do.

GMB till you declare asset!

1 Like

Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by tushburg(m): 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
Some people are unbelievable and should Go back to school...I wonder why people should expect the president to state calling names on issues such as this...President GEJ has exhibited the highest level of maturity,literacy,sanity and statesmanship of the highest level...these are the characteristic that are expected of holders of offices either political social or otherwise...but for illiteracy, corruption,pepper/busybody,sabinus and toutish nature of our self acclaimed senior citizens nigeria wouldn't have been in the mess we are 2day

***Modified***

If the so called senior citizens are illiterates, what do we expect from their supporters
Yeye still smelling angry
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by anonimi: 12:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
emeka2847:
Na so you say you go mention name of boko haram sponsor since 2012, up till now na only campaign you dey carry the thing do.

I thought he publicly declared his assets in 2007. Is that not correct

Do you know any other politician who has followed Jonathan's good example?
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by sharkhead: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
anonimi:

Are you saying Fashola cut off & decimated the JagaBandit's relevance?
If yes, how did he do it? Perhaps by prostrating for his second term ticket in 2012 grin shocked

[quote author=anonimi post=29601254]
Were u readin in reverse? There was a statement before the part u referred to. Just tellin u options he has! The likes of OBJ are like a bee on ur scrotum..u hastily try killin them n u miss...n u kno dt feelin u get, dnt u? Oya ask GEJ if u dnt kno! U hit n kill it on ur scrotum n u still get dt feeling..ouchhh! Stop graspin at straws Mr.
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by sharkhead: 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
anonimi:

I thought he publicly declared his assets in 2007. Is that not correct

Do you know any other politician who has followed Jonathan's good example?
No Mr. He ddnt "declare" his assets, he was forced to by Yaradua..n even if He did on his own volition, y d "I dont give a damn" posture when he was asked to declare his assets after he became president? What example if I may ask?
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by sharkhead: 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
emeka2847:

Seriosly u jst took it out of my mouth, if GEJ wants to shoot, lt him shoot and stop playin wt our sensibilities! BokoHaram have infiltrated his goverrnment-Who are they? Elder statesmen are touts-Who are they? Name names..Name sponsors...who are they?
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by anonimi: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2015
sharkhead:

No Mr. He ddnt "declare" his assets, he was forced to by Yaradua..n even if He did on his own volition, y d "I dont give a damn" posture when he was asked to declare his assets after he became president? What example if I may ask?

How do you mean he was forced? He followed Yar'Adua's example and also declared his assets. No other elected officer subsequently followed Jonathan's example.

Those are the FACTS of this matter. Anything else is speculative conjecture. No more! No less!!
QED!!!
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by Badassniggga(m): 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
campionato:
Nigerians Let us not make the mistake that lead to the destruction of Christianity in Turkey. A revelation about Nigeria which is synonymous to the destruction of Christianity in Constantinople (Turkey) is on the way. There is an Islamic agenda on the way synonymous to how Christianity was destroyed in Turkey. The idea is to islamize Nigeria. Even Christians are ignorantly working towards this grand plan. Incase you don't know the largest Islamic academy in nigeria is located in Ebonyi state. Statistics shows persecution of Christians is more in Nigeria than in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria put together. Be wise For further details read up OIC- (organization of Islamic countries) grand plan to islamize Nigeria on google, Christianity in turkey from Wikipedia and visit Kingdomnewsng.com. Be wise this election year. Support the voice of Christian martyrs. The Church of Christ must not perish in Nigeria. Vote wisely.....
OMG you can't imagine how i marveled at this utmost stupidity you just displayed on this thread.. Like seriously, i can't believe we still have some educated illiterates in this modern age who still reason like a clueless føøl... You know what? You need to return your certificates and plead to your parents, for they have wasted their hard-earned bucks on a pathetic, glorified føøl like you...

1 Like

Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
PvtParts:

Jonathan will also find you a husband
It is one of the cardinal responsibility of the president to create jobs-why do you think American government keeps records and releases number of jobs created every month.
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by 989900: 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
They are not senior citizens and they can never be. They are ordinary motor park touts.

'Parlour talk' (correct though), but politically incorrect...would have been='political suicide' in some more civilized society.
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by okoolori(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
2oby:
Am impressed. Am not a fan of GEJ bt I bliv he is sincere abt dis. Well still looking at GEJ. shocked

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Am no Christians but I believe in those biblical phrase.....
Let Jonathan cleanse his cabinet first before spewing those words...
I mean he has some ojuelegba, mushin, oshodi, Molete, Nugbaji, oshodi, Sakpomba, warri, bayelsa challenge idumota touts in cabinet in respect of Doyin okupe as No 1 example let alone the rest of his errands boys Asari dokubo in his garage to tell that to before coming out and spewing that.
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by sharkhead: 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
anonimi:

How do you mean he was forced? He followed Yar'Adua's example and also declared his assets. No other elected officer subsequently followed Jonathan's example.

Those are the FACTS of this matter. Anything else is speculative conjecture. No more! No less!!
QED!!!

Educate with this yourself so that you will be able to tell your children the truth tomorrow! I cant help but laugh at ur Ignorant Arrogance!

Why I won't make my assets public –
President Jonathan
President Goodluck Jonathan has condemned
the mounting calls on public office holders to
publicly declare their assets while in office,
saying such clamour by Nigerians is not right,
as officials should be allowed to determine
whether making their assets public agree with their principles.
He made it clear his own principle disagree
vehemently with allowing the people he
governs know how much he is worth and
what he really owns.
Fielding questions on Sunday during his third
Presidential media chat at the Aso Villa
Abuja, Mr. Jonathan said when the matter
came up during his time as Vice President
to late President Musa Yar’adua he made it
very clear that it was not a right decision to
take.
Asked why he has refused to publicly declare
his assets as an example for members of his
cabinet, the President said, “The issue of
public asset declaration is a matter of
personal principle. That is the way I see it,
and I don’t give a damn about it, even if you
criticise me from heaven. When I was the
Vice President , that matter came up, and I
told the former President (late Musa
Yar’adua) let’s not start something that would
make us play into the hands of people and
create an anomalous situation in the country.
“The law is clear. A public officer should
declare his assets, and if there are issues,
then the relevant agencies would have a
basis to assess whether you have amassed
wealth or not. When it is said that people
should declare their assets in public, it is not
only the President or the vice President, it
includes everybody, incluidng Ministers.
“When I was a governor in Bayelsa state for
about a year before becoming vice president,
I was investigated thoroughly. I have nothing
to hide. But, because I was under somebody
and it was becoming an issue, because of the
media, and because my boss had declared, it
was said that the vice President must. I
declared, not because I wanted to.”
Mr. Jonathan continued, “Initially I said they
can talk about it from morning to night, I will
not. I said it is a matter of principle. It is
not proper. If one amends the law to say
that only the President and the Vice should
declare assets publicly, fine. But, presently
everybody who is holding political office is
expected to do, and I say it is not right.
Those who made the law knew why they put
the law that way. I could be investigated
when I leave office.
“You don’t need to declare assets publicly,
otherwise you are playing to the gallery.You
don’t need to publicly declare assets. That’s a
matter of principle. If I have to declare
publicly, it means every polictical office
holder will have to declare publicly. And it is
not the right thing to do. That is my believe.
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/5741-i_wont_declare_my_assets.html
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by LogicPower(m): 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
GEI's insinuation was clearly directed at OBJ.

But heavens know that for all ObJ's faults, one thing that NO ONE can preach to him is the love for Nigeria and working towards maintaining her unity.

And even if OBJ needs some preaching about keeping the peace and unity of Nigeria, GEJ would be the last person to be doing the preaching to him.

This is because GJE is the ONLY president in the history of this county who deliberately allowed, and by implication encouraged, all sorts of clannish characters from his own kinsmen to be openly, rudely and crudely insulting and threatening prominent people from other regions. Would that make people to see him (GEJ) as a statesman in the future, in the same league as Gowon, OBJ, IBB and others? No way!
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by command01(f): 1:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
campionato:
Nigerians Let us not make the mistake that lead to the destruction of Christianity in Turkey. A revelation about Nigeria which is synonymous to the destruction of Christianity in Constantinople (Turkey) is on the way. There is an Islamic agenda on the way synonymous to how Christianity was destroyed in Turkey. The idea is to islamize Nigeria. Even Christians are ignorantly working towards this grand plan. Incase you don't know the largest Islamic academy in nigeria is located in Ebonyi state. Statistics shows persecution of Christians is more in Nigeria than in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria put together. Be wise For further details read up OIC- (organization of Islamic countries) grand plan to islamize Nigeria on google, Christianity in turkey from Wikipedia and visit Kingdomnewsng.com. Be wise this election year. Support the voice of Christian martyrs. The Church of Christ must not perish in Nigeria. Vote wisely.....
and what has your Christian president done a out it?enh?

Rubbish!
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by anonimi: 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
sharkhead:
If I have to declare publicly, it means every polictical office
holder will have to declare publicly

Did you see the above?
Has any other political office holder followed Jonathan's example
When 160 million Nigerians ptesdure others to do what he has DONE already then one can reasonably expect he will take a FURTHER step as a leader.
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by gnykelly(m): 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
Vicotex:
get off your slave ship and vote for GEJ.
buhari is an illitrate.
Apc are thugs,terrorists,touts.
Obj is an APE
Mbaka is a drunkard

change your mentality. its FEBUHARI embrace it.
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by effogis: 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abdusalam Abubaka, IBB and Gowon were all heads of state. We have never heard them condenm the govt. the way Obasanjo and Buhari do.
Instead of contributing positvely for the country to move forward, they are causing wahala because they want to rule forever. OBJ who tried to amend the constitution for him to go third term, is it not corruption? 2013 general election in Zimbabwe that was rigged by Mugabe, OBJ said that his friend won.

1 Like

Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by sharkhead: 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
anonimi:

Did you see the above?
Has any other political office holder followed Jonathan's example
When 160 million Nigerians ptesdure others to do what he has DONE already then one can reasonably expect he will take a FURTHER step as a leader.
Mr. I wont give up educating u until u graduate. Why do u olways read in reverse? My friend please dont GEJ on a pedestal on d issue of asset declaration, His Predecessor Yaradua is d closest example of one who declared his assets PUBLICLY as a governor before becoming President and I guess U, lyk GEJ dnt give a damn!
Read this and get some education

Before he took his oath of office as the
President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
on 29 May 2007, President Umaru Musa
Yar’Adua had declared his assets and
liabilities as required by the 1999 Nigerian
Constitution. [1] After about a month in
office, on 28 June 2007, the President made
his asset declaration public in fulfilment of
his electioneering campaign. Records show
that he also publicly declared his assets when
he was elected as Governor of Katsina State
in 1999. President Yar’Adua declared assets
of N945 446 116 million. [2] President
Yar’Adua, who said he was planning a
Freedom of Information Bill that would make
it mandatory for all public officers to declare
their assets publicly, explained that the Code
of Conduct Bureau had advised him against
making his assets public as this would put
pressure on other public officers to do so.
[3]
Since the President’s pu blic declaration of his
assets, mixed reactions have been expressed
by Nigerians. These range from the sublime
to the ridiculous. His action has also attracted
commendation and a considerable dose of
cynicism and skepticism. [4] A few days after
the public declaration, the Kogi state
Governor, Ibrahim Idris, former Governor of
Zamfara state and Senate minority whip,
Sanni Ahmed, and Governor Gbenga Daniel
of Ogun state declared their assets publicly.
[5]
One major fallout of the public declaration of assets by President Yar’ Adua is the pressure being mounted on all his lieutenants and
other public officers to do the same. The
worst hit was the Vice-President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan. Nigerians naturally expected him to
follow the footsteps of the President by
declaring his assets publicly even though
there is no legal obligation on him to do so.
When they realised that the Vice-President
was reluctant to declare his assets, formal
calls were made to him. The calls were
rebuffed by the Vice-President, who claimed
that he had already declared his assets
before the Code of Conduct Bureau, more
than seven times as Deputy-Governor, twice
as Governor and once before taking an oath
of office as the Vice-President. [6]
In an editorial entitled ‘The Vice-President’s
Assets’, [7] the Guardian newspaper asked if
the Vice-President’s reluctance was due to his attempt to conceal something from the
public and urged him to act without further
delay. It continued: [8]
"By hiding under the letters of the law, the
Vice-President lays himself open to a charge:
Does he have something to hide? Morality is
not law, but sometimes perception may be
more important than morality. He should see
this as an opportunity to cleanse his image.
And he needs not pollute the issues by
turning this into a matter for partisan
politics."
The Vice-President caved in to pressure and
made his assets declaration of N295 304 420
million public on the following day, [9]
probably after reading the editorial.

www.ahrlj.up.ac.za/lawal-i-b
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by buchichukwu69: 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
AND THE PRESIDENT USES MOTOR PARK LANGUAGE!
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by 100Cents: 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
Obasanjo is a very troublesome fellow.

No wonder, ABACHA kept him in prison where he deserves to stay. Can't Obasanjo jeep a sealed lip and have his respect ?
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by sneak3(m): 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2015
Vicotex:
buhari is an illitrate.
Obj is an APE
Mbaka is a drunkard

Your intellectual and educated incumbent has done worst than the supposed illiterates. So get off ur ethnocentric self and let's vote out mediocrity.

Cheers!
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by 100Cents: 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
karidad:
Tnk u Mr President. But of what use is the education u r providing if after all we return to sit with our parents and still demand from dem? Endeavour to create jobs. Help revive some of the dead companies. Tnx.

My sister, start small. Life is a struggle. Ask those in business. They will tell you. Everybody is struggling. There are some people I know who have big cars but they cannot fuel them...

One of my neighbors has a big 2005 model Sienna but he boards keke napep when going out. Learn something, be good at something. After trying so many things, one will definitely click. Ask Linda Ikeji..

If I tell you how many businesses I do, you will say nah one person ?

Jonathan has revived all the industries that IBB, Abacha and Obasanjo shut down during their tenures, Railways, Car manufacturing, Tyre manufacturing, Agriculture. To name a few..
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by jude33084(m): 4:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
Vicotex:
buhari is an illitrate.
Obj is an APE
Mbaka is a drunkard

Only you?! cheesy
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by wittyjessy: 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
Office Administrator at Bellarue Global Media Concepts. Apply here: http:///1wvep53
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by otabs555: 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
lolade123:
With all sincerity, I think Jonathan tried his best and he sounds tired and frustrated. May God bless him for his effort so far.And may God bless GMB/Osinbajo as they come on board...CHANGE is here.
kai u bad belle go kill u soon shegii.
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by ProfDumbledor(m): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
What a courage! I really like him for this. I wish he was like this from the outset. But Oga Jona, i think its too late 4 now
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by Ezemust: 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
samibode:

Nope bush response to 911 would ave been his fault but ofcos we know he responded well thats why that was the last 911 we have seen in America our keeps getting worse so u see dat u have no point.
u see ur life.is Osama an American citicin?how easy is it to curb a situation wereby citicins take up arms against their own nation?can u tell me the story of Somalia?look to fight ur own people u need caution.
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by Ezemust: 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
efilefun:

After 9 11 how many of such occured again since they took the right steps in handling the situation. Gej is so clueless
its coz there were fighting foriegn terorist.nt dia own people
Re: Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan by Ezemust: 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]Would you support and vote for a politician who is sleeping with your mother? And also hides the mother of his biological children? And who behaves like a motor park tout with women from UNIPORT to ASO VILLA?
Who is fooling whom?
Can he fool God?[/size]
if i understand ur drift,u meant Tinubu rit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obasanjo Visits President Ramaphosa Of South Africa. / Stella Oduah Spotted After A Long Absence Following Her Son's Death. / Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.