Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship (3954 Views)

Ladies Fight Over A Guy In LAGBUS Enroute Ojota To CMS (photos) / Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? / Hilarious Conversation Between Lady & Guy That Broke Her Girlfriend's Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 08, 2015
I created this thread sometime ago in my phone, seeing that thread on Why You Should Date an Introvert - I just had to post it smiley

Over the years, growing up as an extrovert amongst introverts, there had been lil focus on me. People pay so much attention to the introverts, We (extroverts) are expected to do same.
It's believed an extrovert has no fear/insecurity because of their outgoing nature. An extrovert is the inconsiderate one for not managing introvert friends/family.

1: Always expected to keep the conversation going: Yes, I love talking...but who doesn't like a break? Sometimes I wanna sit back and listen too. Being the backbone of every gathering can be tiring, a back-up is very appreciated.

2: Always expected to be happy: Those days I don't wanna talk, my friends/family can't just take/deal with it. They get really pissed off...like,"what's happening here?" "why isn't she entertaining me/us?". It automatically turns to a full-time job, I'm always expected to make people laugh/happy.

3: Empty Vessels Make Most Noise: Introverts are often labelled as great thinkers, while extroverts are just fun loving, party going people that can't even read a 10page book. That's not true...extroversion isn't synonymous to dullness, We are great thinkers too, capable of complex thoughts.

4: Often tagged a Flirt: This is the most serious problem. It's frustrating to have my friendliness misconstrued. What I consider an act of friendliness (due to the fact that I'm always quick to strike up a conversation anywhere-anytime), people may mistake it for subtle flirting.

5: Fear of solitude: We can't just imagine life without friends/family. This is probably why extroverts aren't good at keeping malice, they thrive in the company of others...so, when they are alone/ignored - they feel kinda unfulfilled.

6: Assumed to be Proud/Confident/strong: The fact that we are very confident of our words/actions often make people mistake us to be proud/confident (nope, we sometimes feel those butterflies...lolz) . A loved one once told me, you come off to me as a strong person...I said "really...you're wrong, that action of yours actually hurt".

No Personal Time/Space: In as much as we love to be your entertainment and we hate solitude, sometimes we just wanna be alone. Extroverts are expected to say yes to every fun-sounding invitation.
C'mon, there are days we wanna sit back and sleep!

P.S : This post isn't all inclusive. Thanks
What problem(s) have you faced as an extrovert?

1 Like

Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 08, 2015
you're suspected of being a player
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 08, 2015
Caisenes:

exactly!
All my growing years, people were always accusing me of playing guys.
[s]I have never even played anyone in my life[/s]...okay just one person grin

pls where is Jennimma?
*Bunsky
*Breezyrita.
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by damilolaluv(f): 10:41am On Jan 08, 2015
These are a lot of generalisations. I am an extrovert and have never experienced such. If a person things you are a cheat it must be the way you present yourself or come across and not the fact that you are an extrovert/introvert

2 Likes

Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 08, 2015
damilolaluv:
These are a lot of generalisations. I am an extrovert and have never experienced such. If a person things you are a cheat it must be the way you present yourself or come across and not the fact that you are an extrovert/introvert

It's because of people like you I always put disclaimer. I wonder how I forgot this time
Brb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Deefuray(f): 10:43am On Jan 08, 2015
Nice write up.
True
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 08, 2015
Extrovert chris.
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by damilolaluv(f): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

It's because of people like you I always put disclaimer. I wonder how I forgot this time
Brb

Disclaimer or not. I just said my opinion too. Or should I have put a disclaimer too undecided

2 Likes

Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2015
Does all this really matter? undecided
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 08, 2015
damilolaluv:

Disclaimer or not. I just said my opinion too. Or should I have put a disclaimer too undecided

I wonder what you're on about.
*modified...
It wasn't supposed to be a generalisation, I never generalise Ma'am.
Your opinion is dully noted.
Thanks smiley

JeffreyJamez:
Does all this really matter? undecided
All what Sir?
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:50am On Jan 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I wonder what you're on about.
*modified...
It wasn't supposed to be a generalisation, I never generalise Ma'am.
Your opinion is dully noted.
Thanks smiley

All what Sir?

Being an introvert and extrovert, does it really matter?
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:52am On Jan 08, 2015
damilolaluv:

Good point.... someone's character shouldn't be determined by weather they are introverts or extroverts... some introverts are not brilliant and some are just plain evil...

3 Likes

Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 08, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Being an introvert and extrovert, does it really matter?

lols.
Of course it does. Our social nature goes aa long way in affecting our everyday life/relationship (positively/negatively).
Don't you think so?

Deefuray:
Nice write up.
True
thanks babe
True? Outta experience?
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Cwaya(m): 10:55am On Jan 08, 2015

They called me a kid too sad

Hey K-Lady,
What do we call a hybrid of introvert and extrovert?

Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:58am On Jan 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols.
Of course it does. Our social nature goes aa long way in affecting our everyday life/relationship (positively/negatively).
Don't you think so?

thanks babe
True? Outta experience?

No it doesn't..... you know some people aren't born introverts right?..... some where once extroverts but due to a terrible life changing experience they decide to lock up.... but it doesn't define who they really are deep down.

2 Likes

Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by ireneony(f): 11:01am On Jan 08, 2015
I like guys that introvert but not shy.
People assume when someone is an introvert, it means the person is shy.
Someone can be an extrovert but shy
Someone can be an introvert but not shy.

I like well reserve guys who are very bold
Well I'm an extrovert but am shy, I like guy that are introvert but bold.

Op, to me o u don't like like an extrovertundecided

1 Like

Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Godmother(f): 11:01am On Jan 08, 2015
Never knew extroverts had issues too. Thought it was just us introverts with our 'deep' nature and our knack to overanalyze issues, resulting in doubts sometimes. I always see extroverts as strong , carefree and easy-going people.
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 08, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

No it doesn't..... you know some people aren't born introverts right?..... some where once extroverts but due to a terrible life changing experience they decide to lock up.... but it doesn't define who they really are deep down.

Yes. Situations make people change, but we are not gonna delve into the "situational" changes now.
As for affecting a relationship, of course it does - I have been affiliated with extroverts and it was mad fun. Introverts on their part - stressed me out a lot, the crux of livening the whole relationship/event or whatever was always on me.

Godmother:
Never knew extroverts had issues too. Thought it was just us introverts with our 'deep' nature and our knack to overanalyze issues, resulting in doubts sometimes. I always see extroverts as strong , carefree and easy-going people.
hahaha.
Funny you.
Of course we do...I am still waiting for other extroverts to add theirs.

You have been scarce. smiley
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by AbuMikey(m): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2015
Caisenes:

This is just the Most painful and annoying part!

@Kachisbarbie Nice write-up

1 Like

Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Yes. Situations make people change, but we are not gonna delve into the "situational" changes now.
As for affecting a relationship, of course it does - I have been affiliated with extroverts and it was mad fun. Introverts on their part - stressed me out a lot, the crux of livening the whole relationship/event or whatever was always on me.

But you know there are different kind of introverts. Right?.... the pics attached below defines my kind...and in relationships,an extrovert dating an extrovert Isn't always ideal... the spark tends to fade out.

Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Godmother(f): 11:13am On Jan 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

hahaha.
Funny you.
Of course we do...I am still waiting for other extroverts to add theirs.

You have been scarce. smiley

You mean moi? Been trying to tie some loose ends in my biz? As job no gree come cheesy
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Emmyginger(m): 11:17am On Jan 08, 2015
i saw dis thread coming
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 08, 2015
I totally agree with you.
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
ireneony:
I like guys that introvert but not shy.
People assume when someone is an introvert, it means the person is shy.
Someone can be an extrovert but shy
Someone can be an introvert but not shy.

I like well reserve guys who are very bold
Well I'm an extrovert but am shy, I like guy that are introvert but bold.

Op, to me o u don't like like an extrovertundecided

yope....you made lotta sense babe.
@emboldened ask Priscaoge grin.
She was begging me to shutup...lols

Emmyginger:
i saw dis thread coming
it's okay to say, you're long-sighted. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by BreezyRita(f): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
Cwaya:

They called me a kid too sad

Hey K-Lady,
What do we call a hybrid of introvert and extrovert?

Ambiverts
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Cwaya(m): 12:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
BreezyRita:

Ambiverts

Gat it.
Thanks
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by dechandel(f): 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
This is so true

Whenever i am with friends and i am all quiet. The next question will be hope you are fine? You are so quiet today. Hian. I am no radio without battery

When my dad walks in and finds me lying on the couch. Not gisting. He comes forward with the "nne odikwa mma" look on his face. I no blame am sha

But i tend to grab the introverted nature in an unfamiliar environment. I dunno if this is just me
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Deefuray(f): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols.
Don't you think so?

thanks babe
True? Outta experience?
Yeah, people misjudge their actions most times
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Barezzi(m): 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
BreezyRita, Ever been to Ghana??
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by englishmart(m): 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie creating counter/semi counter threads since June 2014
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
Extroverts ladies are PRONE to being "expensively sarcastic".

I know introverts do that also...but extroverts are totally annoying in that area.

An Extrovert lady is quick to let go, unlike Introvert Ladies- Some are "malicious elements".

I love them simply because I'm a bit introvert!

Introvert Rocks! cheesy
Re: Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
emusmith:

Extroverts ladies are PRONE to being "expensively sarcastic".

I know introverts do that also...but extroverts are totally annoying in that area.

An Extrovert lady is quick to let go, unlike Introvert Ladies- Some are "malicious elements".

I love them simply because I'm a bit introvert!

Introvert Rocks! cheesy

hahahaha
I am very sarcastic when I am angry sha.

englishmart:
Kach.isba.rbie creating counter/semi counter threads since June 2014

na me be that.
You should be an extrovert.
Which of the aforementioned can you relate to?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pray For Me / When Your Villagers Must See Your Success (PHOTO) / See How Bride Display her Oranges On Her Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.