Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet (9395 Views)

Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit / 37 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by EmmySparky(m): 11:35pm On Jan 13, 2015
NighttWalker:
Tufiakwa!

Missdebs, EmmySparky, SkinnyDude and Nobody, you guys are killing grin grin grin
cheesy
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by cococandy(f): 5:34am On Jan 14, 2015
Ewwwwwwwww
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by Rapsainot(m): 5:55am On Jan 14, 2015
shocked :out
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by lexjox777: 1:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
No place like naija.... good weather,great agriculture, no natural disaster, friendly animals grin , but, curropt and bad governance angry ... still we are smiling and Happy grin
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by londoner: 3:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
snowdrops:

so prove me wrong. it's common knowledge that most Australians reside in the southern part of the country due to inclement weather in other areas. even a kindergarten knows that

Where do you live in Australia? Your assertion was to claim that southernpart of Australia does not have adverse weather or dangerous animals, thats untrue. Even in Victoria and Queensland there are natural disasters, such as bush fires and floods and even hurricanes. Dangerous animals are found ALL over Australia, including the SA, NSW, VIC, WA and QLD.

Many of the pics in this thread would be from states you term "southern part" of Australia.
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by londoner: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
snowdrops:
Most Australians live down the south coast away from the harsh weather and dangerous creatures

What do you mean by south coast?
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by kekilika: 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
NighttWalker:
Tufiakwa!

Missdebs, EmmySparky, SkinnyDude and Nobody, you guys are killing me grin grin grin
What is the tufi and akwa here? My meat ur eyesore.

NB: Meat and Me
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by londoner: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
snowdrops:

so prove me wrong. it's common knowledge that most Australians reside in the southern part of the country due to inclement weather in other areas. even a kindergarten knows that

Okay, I'll start with Australias most dangerous snakes and where they are found in Austalia.

1- Eastern brown snake

'together with other browns, are responsible for more deaths every year in Australia than any other group of snakes.'

Found: throughout the eastern half of mainland Australia

2- Western brown snake

'the western brown snake is still highly dangerous and part of the group of snakes that causes the most fatalities in Australia'

Found: widespread over most of mainland Australia - absent only from the wetter fringes of eastern Australia and south-western Western Australia

3- Mainland tiger snake

Mainland tiger snakes are responsible for the second-highest number of bites in Australia, as they inhabit highly populated areas along the east coast, including some metropolitan areas of Melbourne.

Found: along the south-eastern coast of Australia, from New South Wales and Victoria to Tasmania and the far corner of South Australia

4- Inland Taipan

'considered to be the most potent of any land snake in the world; it has the potential to kill an adult human within 45 minutes.'

Found: in cracks and crevices in dry rocky plains where the Queensland, South Australia, New South Wales and Northern Territory borders converge

5- Coastal Taipan

'Coastal taipans are equipped with the longest fangs of any Australian snake (13mm), and have the third most toxic venom of any land snakes.'

Found: in an arc along the east coast from northern New South Wales to Brisbane and northern Western Australia. They are fond of sugarcane fields.

6- Mulga snake

'Mulgas bite savagely, even hanging on and chewing as they inject massive amounts of highly toxic venom,'

Found: throughout Australia, except in Victoria, Tasmania and the most southern parts of Western Australia - the widest distribution of any Australian snake

7- Lowland copperhead

'active in weather usually considered too cold for snakes. A water lover, copperheads snakes are at home around dams, soaks, canals, drainage ditches and along the verges of roads.'

Found: in relatively cool and cold climates in south-eastern Australia, southern Victoria, Tasmania and the islands of Bass Strait

8-Small eyed snake

'The venom contains a long-acting myotoxin that continues to attack muscle tissue (including the heart muscle) for days after the bite.'

Found: widely distributed along the east coast, from Victoria to Cape York

9- Southern death adder

Found: in eastern Australia (except the far north and south), southern South Australia and Western Australia

10- Red belied black snake

you're more likely to come across it in urban areas and its bite is certainly no picnic, causing significant illness and requiring medical attention.

Found: distributed down the east coast (though not to Tasmania) and slightly into south-eastern South Australia

You see, there are dangerous animals all over Australia, its Australia. Should I proceed with other dangerous animals and where they are found?
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by londoner: 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
Anyone who has lived in, or has visited Australia will tell you that there are air patrols for shark sightings in Sydney's (bondi beach) and many other places that have a high population.
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by ihedinobi2: 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
And people live there? shocked
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by snowdrops(m): 12:24am On Jan 15, 2015
londoner:

Okay, I'll start with Australias most dangerous snakes and where they are found in Austalia.

1- Eastern brown snake

'together with other browns, are responsible for more deaths every year in Australia than any other group of snakes.'

Found: throughout the eastern half of mainland Australia

2- Western brown snake

'the western brown snake is still highly dangerous and part of the group of snakes that causes the most fatalities in Australia'

Found: widespread over most of mainland Australia - absent only from the wetter fringes of eastern Australia and south-western Western Australia

3- Mainland tiger snake

Mainland tiger snakes are responsible for the second-highest number of bites in Australia, as they inhabit highly populated areas along the east coast, including some metropolitan areas of Melbourne.

Found: along the south-eastern coast of Australia, from New South Wales and Victoria to Tasmania and the far corner of South Australia

4- Inland Taipan

'considered to be the most potent of any land snake in the world; it has the potential to kill an adult human within 45 minutes.'

Found: in cracks and crevices in dry rocky plains where the Queensland, South Australia, New South Wales and Northern Territory borders converge

5- Coastal Taipan

'Coastal taipans are equipped with the longest fangs of any Australian snake (13mm), and have the third most toxic venom of any land snakes.'

Found: in an arc along the east coast from northern New South Wales to Brisbane and northern Western Australia. They are fond of sugarcane fields.

6- Mulga snake

'Mulgas bite savagely, even hanging on and chewing as they inject massive amounts of highly toxic venom,'

Found: throughout Australia, except in Victoria, Tasmania and the most southern parts of Western Australia - the widest distribution of any Australian snake

7- Lowland copperhead

'active in weather usually considered too cold for snakes. A water lover, copperheads snakes are at home around dams, soaks, canals, drainage ditches and along the verges of roads.'

Found: in relatively cool and cold climates in south-eastern Australia, southern Victoria, Tasmania and the islands of Bass Strait

8-Small eyed snake

'The venom contains a long-acting myotoxin that continues to attack muscle tissue (including the heart muscle) for days after the bite.'

Found: widely distributed along the east coast, from Victoria to Cape York

9- Southern death adder

Found: in eastern Australia (except the far north and south), southern South Australia and Western Australia

10- Red belied black snake

you're more likely to come across it in urban areas and its bite is certainly no picnic, causing significant illness and requiring medical attention.

Found: distributed down the east coast (though not to Tasmania) and slightly into south-eastern South Australia

You see, there are dangerous animals all over Australia, its Australia. Should I proceed with other dangerous animals and where they are found?

Unfortunately I don't think you read my earlier post properly.

I made the point that most humans not animals in Australia live in the southern part of the country. grin
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by snowdrops(m): 12:27am On Jan 15, 2015
londoner:

Where do you live in Australia? Your assertion was to claim that southernpart of Australia does not have adverse weather or dangerous animals, thats untrue. Even in Victoria and Queensland there are natural disasters, such as bush fires and floods and even hurricanes. Dangerous animals are found ALL over Australia, including the SA, NSW, VIC, WA and QLD.

Many of the pics in this thread would be from states you term "southern part" of Australia.

I said most PEOPLE not ANIMALS live in the southern parts of Australia
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by londoner: 11:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
snowdrops:

I said most PEOPLE not ANIMALS live in the southern parts of Australia

Yep, where "most people" live, is where where dangerous animals live also.

Your point, as I understood it, was that most people live in the south to get away from dangerous animals, and I am saying the dangerous animals are all over Australia.

Where do you live in Australia or where did you vacation there?
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by snowdrops(m): 12:55am On Jan 16, 2015
londoner:

Yep, where "most people" live, is where where dangerous animals live also.

Your point, as I understood it, was that most people live in the south to get away from dangerous animals, and I am saying the dangerous animals are all over Australia.

Where do you live in Australia or where did you vacation there?

I think you are confused.
I made a statement that most Australians live down south. Then you added that I said that "so they can get away from dangerous animals". Haba what I said was not that complicated. Not here to argue though, you have a right to interpret anything the way you deem fit.
Where I reside or have visited is immaterial to this discussion.
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by londoner: 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
snowdrops:
Most Australians live down the south coast away from the harsh weather and dangerous creatures

Snowdrops, this is what you posted. Obviously you were trying to say that dangerous creatures are not down south, and thats why people live there, right?

I'm sure you did not just out of the blue start talking about where people live, with no connection to the subject...lol

I have actually lived in Australia, NSW, VIC in the south and WA (in the West). There are dangerous animals and insects all over. Tat is why I said your assertion was not actualy true.

In my post about the top ten most dangerous snakes, I also posted where they are found in Australia to show you that most of them are found in the southern part of the country. That was the point.

I have been at Bondi beach in Sydney NSW (southern half of Australia) and there have been quite a few shark sightings and attacks. People are often ordered out of the water because of it. Same with beaches in Perth WA.

I am actually talking from experience of living in Australia and wondered if you were to. That's all.......no worries.
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by Republicday2015: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
SkinnyDude:
do you know why Australia is under-populated?

it's very far from Nigeria, north africa and middle east. look at the way italy is been invaded day by day
http://australiaday2015messages.com/australia-day-nursery-kindergarten-rhymes-versus/
Re: 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet by foodie57(f): 1:06am On Jan 17, 2015
Does anyone know of any nice resorts in Australia?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travelling To India / Nigerians! How Far Will We Go! Man Marries Daughter So She Can Get A Visa! / Tanker On Bridges: Why Can’t There Be A Permanent Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.