Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan (15317 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by ShowYourCertificate: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan says his administration will adopt improved technology to fight corruption in the country.

The president made the statement in Enugu on Friday at the PDP presidential campaign rally.

According to him, the best way to fight corruption is through improved technology and not by jailing people for 300 years.

“With technology, you can track down criminals. I am not going to run Nigeria on my heartbeat but according to international best practices.

“I will continue to run this country based on the rule of law,” the president said.

Jonathan said his administration had done a lot to transform the country, including security and infrastructure.

He said that the Federal Government was working hard to improve the working conditions of the armed forces, including the provision of hardware and other equipment.

The president said that Enugu State had also benefitted from the transformation agenda of his administration.

“We have built and rehabilitated more than 200 kilometres of roads in Enugu State. The state has also benefitted from the improved agricultural programmes as well as the automobile policy.

“Automobile companies like Innoson Motors and ANAMMCO are beneficiaries of the automobile policy of this administration,’’ he said.

On the ongoing terminal project at the Enugu International Airport, the president said he had directed the contractor handling the project to expedite action on it in order to boost the economy of the South East.

He urged the youths of voting age to endeavour to get their permanent voter cards and choose leaders of their choice.

Jonathan thanked Governor Sullivan Chime and the people of the state for their unalloyed support for the PDP and promised to do more for them.

In his contribution, Vice President Namadi Sambo urged the people to vote Jonathan and the PDP in February to ensure continuation of the transformation of the country.

Earlier, Adamu Muazu, the national chairman of the party, and Ahmadu Ali, the director general of the Presidential Campaign Organisation, commended the people of the state for their “unprecedented” support for the president and the party.

Ali described Chime as one of the shining lights of implementation of the PDP manifesto.

Other speakers include Godswill Akpabio, the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, and that of the South East Governors’ Forum, Theodore Orji of Abia.

They all pledged to deliver PDP in the February general elections. (NAN)
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/01/improved-technology-best-way-to-fight-corruption-says-jonathan/#.VLAtzutwZoO

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by ShowYourCertificate: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
With the help of Information Technology (IT) Jonathan has helped to prevent corruption:

e-Wallet has enabled Jonathan to eliminate corruption in the agricultural sector. Now, every farmer has direct access to fertilisers unlike before

IPPIS has enabled Jonathan's administration to eliminate corruption in the payment of salaries to civil servants. Now it's computer software who pays civil servants and no longer the Finance Officers of the Minstries or Parastatals or Agencies.

goPRS, a public procurement review software is a corruption prevention tool for public regulatory authorities (check the software developer's website for more details: http://goprs.unodc.org). This has really helped in curbing the corruption practices during procurement.

This development along with others is a slow process but a steady one. Our Transparency Index (an index used to access the corruption level of a country) has improved due to this scientific approach by Jonathan. Click on this link to see the slow but steady improvement: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/corruption-index-nigerias-improvement-confirms-jonathans-anti-corruption-fight/

The fight against corruption should be institutionalised and not personalised.

Nigeria shall be great.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Elslim: 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
Improved technology ko, improved iPhone ni.
Sometimes I wonder if dis man tinks he's governing goats

Sai Buhari
NEXT

178 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by minifuworld: 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
dats my clueless presido

134 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
True talk my president. You are staying in Aso rock till 2019.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by size38: 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
Mr president, pls who will improve d technology? My grandfather in d village? Ur d president so ur policies and programs should do that and not looking who to blame for ur failure all d time.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by daben1(m): 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
That's my 'say and don't do president'... I'm sorry, but your presence will be absent in Aso rock in 2015

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Vicotex(m): 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
Elslim:
Improved technology ko, improved iPhone ni.
Sometimes I wonder if dis man tinks he's governing goats

Sai Buhari
NEXT
i no blame you cos the spirit of backwardness is in you.
Even buhari still dey live 4 stone age.
Na recently amechi by am Ipad, den open twitter acc 4 am.

I will fight kworruption, with what?
This is the 21st century.
We ain't living in the era of military no more.
Buhari should go and do the maths .

Gej ride on jare.
If possible ride on these Illitrate and political group (apc)

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by meracool(m): 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
So what are the prospect for the technology.. In his Last 5 years..!!

Nonsense.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by ucheheart(m): 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
If he couldn't achieve it in the past six years, is it in the next four years that he will achieve it?

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by mrmetoo1: 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
Did he explain the technology? This man thinks, in 2015, he can still throw words like technology around and people will just be ok with that. He needs to break it down. He mentioned e-wallet yesterday, what technology is there to deal with top government officials. When we talk about corruption, 95% of Nigerians are referring to stealing going on in government.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by herald9: 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sounds hilarious...
So you'll be using e-whatever to track down criminals in order to free them later... hehehe Please stop disappointing me.

We don't only need improved technology ... We first need to improve our general view of corruption... From there we can apply all the latest e-technology we want to fight it...

If you say stealing is not corruption... How will technology work?

Try thinking normally nasad

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by lekhane(m): 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
Jonathan just don't get it! He's so clueless
Now I know why he said corruption is not stealing

52 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by dre11(m): 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
ucheheart:
If he couldn't achieve it in the past six years, is it in the next four years that he will achieve it?

3000Likes for that your post

They keep deceiving themselves thinking they are deceiving us
We have moved on from what it used to be during the 2011 election when he used the NO SHOE slogan to deceive us

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by dre11(m): 9:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Did he explain the technology? This man thinks, in 2015, he can still throw words like technology around and people will just be ok with that. He needs to break it down. He mentioned e-wallet yesterday, what technology is there to deal with top government officials. When we talk about corruption, 95% of Nigerians are referring to stealing going on with government.

They still believe those line of words can carjoe we the electorate

"President that says stealing is no corruption"

But, let them know that we are wiser and we understand what technology

And the stealing we are talking about are the ones done in high places where with just a pen someone can steal billions.

27 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by ellechrystal(f): 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by lilprinze: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
GEJ till Buhari stops being a serial loser.

8 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by eleojo23: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
I think it is more important to set up institutions that will help curb corruption. Use of improved technology will certainly fit in somewhere along the line.

11 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by bosun11(m): 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
STORIES....Its high time you leave sir

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by kenny091(m): 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
clueless presido. after 6 years in power, u just had this epiphany bah

29 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by freethinker01: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
Ride on mr presido.

But to Otuoke
#buhari4change

42 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by ayukdaboss(m): 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
Now wey Buhari wan use "Fighting Corruption" as em mantra na the time wey this drunk man remember say Corruption na problem for Nigeria? After 6 years? 72 months? This man dey insult Nigerians Oh.

Goodluck pack your load and go..We no want again.

Do you want to go to Jail? -Godswill Akpabio (2015)
grin

28 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by iiichidodo: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
This to me has to be the most innovative comment ever made by a Nigerian President hell-bent in curbing corruption....look my dear people of God..it isn't by mounting podium and yammering rhetorics of pighting Kworruption because this isn't 1984 you have to use tact and sophistication to not only fight corruption but make inconducive the environment for corruption to thrive via technology.Technology doesn't put Alex Ekwueme for a 100 year prison sentence whilst pardoning Shagari on house arrest,Technology doesn't throw Ambrose Alli in the gulag whilst the likes Awwal Ibrahim are left to roam international Airtamacs with suitcases filled with british pounds of 14 million....Technology aint interested in selective justice as proscribed by one illiterate dan-fulani...Technology is the key.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by moderatorr1: 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
great

1 Like

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by tola9ja: 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
As the presidential Election approaches remember these factors:
1. The Chibok Girls.
2. NNPC Scam.
3. Police pension fund.
4. Missing $20Billion.
5. $9million Arms deal.
6. Bomb Blasts.
7. Immigration job scam.
8. Petroleum pump price.
9. Dwindling external reserves
10. Oil theft.
11. Incessant Power outage.
12.ASUU & poly Strike.
13. Doctors' Strike.
14. National Assembly tragedy.
15. Stella's Oduah Aviation Scam
16. Kerosene subsidy
17. Near-empty Excess Crude Account

They Didn't Raise 21Billion for Ebola;
They Didn't Raise 21Billion for dilapidated hospitals;
They didn't raise 21Billion for Military Weapons against Boko Haram
They Didn't raise 21Billion for children dying of Vaccine preventable disease
They didn't raise 21Billion for the homeless>:O BUT they all gathered to raise 21Billion for another 4Years of INEPTITUDE. IMPUNITY, MEDIOCRITY AND BAD GOVERNANCE.
~:-) NO WAY!!! NO MORE!!!

58 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by checkdate(m): 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2015

15 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by superior1: 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
Oponu Jona

GMB 2015

18 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Iykebestbt(m): 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
from Oil boom to Oil doom..oh! How I rove Fr Mbaka

15 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by RebelLeader15(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
GEJ is as stupid as that he-goat in our backyard.....

Anyway! Sai Buhari till Doyin Okupe and Reben Abati decamp to APC

31 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by DesChyko: 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Godwinsilas(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Improve on it.

2 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by edgyslim: 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
What an insult on the collective intelligence of Nigerians.

Anyway a drowning man would say anything to save face.

#team_GMB

29 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Signs 3 Executive Orders To Ease Business, Fast Track Budget Submission / CJN Onnoghen’s Prosecution Shows No One Is Above The Law –sagay / FG To Begin Rehabilitation On Part Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.