Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,662 members, 7,820,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Can Men & Women Be Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Men & Women Be Friends (4948 Views)

Can Attracting Women Be Learned? / Open Letter; Our Women Be Careful With The Way You Treat Men- Alexisgist / Can Men Really Do Without Thinking About This (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 10, 2015
Hey peeps

Can men and women really be genuine friends without any hidden agendas. Even after they are in respective relationships(one has a boyfriend or girlfriend or wife ........ .

Doesn't it really work?
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by zyzxx(m): 1:38am On Jan 10, 2015
Ole wu ooo...
But yes, I just can't support to much closeness
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 10, 2015
zyzxx:
Ole wu ooo...
But yes, I just can't support to much closeness
But why
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by dammywapes(m): 1:40am On Jan 10, 2015
A woman and a man can be there friends even a very strong friend. Is just that the world that is turning around but woman and a man can be friends.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by zyzxx(m): 1:42am On Jan 10, 2015
Lala247:

But why
the chance of been tempted is high, so resist d devil but flee from temptation
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 1:43am On Jan 10, 2015
dammywapes:
A woman and a man can be there friends even a very strong friend. Is just that the world that is turning around but woman and a man can be friends.
What if you start having feelings for the friend
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by dammywapes(m): 1:46am On Jan 10, 2015
Lala247:

But why
I will to respond to that , in my post on your question i said a man and a woman can be friends even a very strong friend just that the world is turning this days. And for why they cannot be , there is this spirit this days , I won't call it a good spirit that normally have influence on both the man's and woman's heart that makes the friendship a sour one. If you should ask me what i mean by sour one i will explain further.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 1:47am On Jan 10, 2015
dammywapes:
I will to respond to that , in my post on your question i said a man and a woman can be friends even a very strong friend just that the world is turning this days. And for why they cannot be , there is this spirit this days , I won't call it a good spirit that normally have influence on both the man's and woman's heart that makes the friendship a sour one. If you should ask me what i mean by sour one i will explain further.
So basically they cant be friends
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by dammywapes(m): 1:47am On Jan 10, 2015
Lala247:

yeah that's what i mean by the world is turning around and it may make the friendship sour. sad
Lala247:

yeah that's what i mean by the world is turning around and it may make the friendship sour.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by dammywapes(m): 1:51am On Jan 10, 2015
Lala247:

So basically they cant be friends
They can still be in my own opinion , it depends on how you can control your spirit and your heart towards him or her. There is on how the feelings won't come but you just control yourself. But if you think you can't cope , is better not to be friends.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 10, 2015
dammywapes:
They can still be in my own opinion , it depends on how you can control your spirit and your heart towards him or her. There is on how the feelings won't come but you just control yourself. But if you think you can't cope , is better not to be friends.
Lol can u cope
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by dammywapes(m): 1:53am On Jan 10, 2015
Lala247:

Lol can u cope
Yes i can. Facing one at the moment.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 10, 2015
dammywapes:
Yes i can. Facing one at the moment.
Ok haven't seen a guy dat can cope yet
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by dammywapes(m): 1:55am On Jan 10, 2015
Lala247:

Okay.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 10, 2015
It works buh one party secretly wishes for dem to get laid just once
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by kilokeys(m): 1:58am On Jan 10, 2015
when a round peg plays around a round hole.. there is a high probability they would fit grin

it works
but rarely..

i cant for instance be just friends with a fine lady like u kiss
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by dammywapes(m): 2:00am On Jan 10, 2015
Cutehector4u:
It works buh one party secretly wishes for dem to get laid just once
Yeah that's what i mean by the world is turning around but if they both walk in the spirit , such won't comes to their mind. And if they are both loyal , I mean if the man has a spouse and the woman also does. The loyalty to their spouse won't make them to do such even such cross their mind.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 2:00am On Jan 10, 2015
kilokeys:
when a round peg plays around a round hole.. there is a high probability they would fit grin

it works
but rarely..

Lol
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 10, 2015
dammywapes:
I mean if the man has a spouse and the woman also does. The loyalty to their spouse won't make them to do such even such cross their mind.

Ok uve got a point
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 4:07am On Jan 10, 2015
I have come to realise that you can't have a male close friend as a lady without him asking for your honeypot one day, it's just a question of time.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Mynd44: 5:10am On Jan 10, 2015
Lala247:

Because a lot of us are selfish and we think only of themselves you can't really blame us though. We cant just sit back and watch someone we want go.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Mynd44: 5:11am On Jan 10, 2015
firstEVA:
I have come to realise that you can't have a male close friend as a lady without him asking for your honeypot one day, it's just a question of time.
Stop being friends with people who think with their penis
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 5:22am On Jan 10, 2015
Yes they can but one person must be suffering in silence, suppressing his feelings in other not mess up the beautiful relationship they share.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 10, 2015
Lala247:

I have plenty of them.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Mynd44: 5:37am On Jan 10, 2015
softysparky:
Yes they can but one person must be suffering in silence, suppressing his feelings in other not mess up the beautiful relationship they share.
This is golden.....

But the question is should you let go of your friendship in pursuit of a relationship with someone who does not see you in that light?
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 10, 2015
Mynd44:

This is golden.....

But the question is should you let go of your friendship in pursuit of a relationship with someone who does not see you in that light?
Hmmm it depends, I have this particular friend that I have known and been together with for so many years, we know and respect each others relationship. I can even visit him and stay for weeks without fear of being cajoled or harassed. Recently we decided to give it a trial simply because we got tired of running back to each other when the people in our lives hurt us.

So it depends, it works if both party agreed to see themselves in the same light and not in a situation where one is being persuaded or manipulated.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Mynd44: 6:07am On Jan 10, 2015
softysparky:

Hmmm it depends, I have this particular friend that I have known and been together with for so many years, we know and respect each others relationship. I can even visit him and stay for weeks without fear of being cajoled or harassed. Recently we decided to give it a trial simply because we got tired of running back to each other when the people in our lives hurt us.

So it depends, it works if both party agreed to see themselves in the same light and not in a situation where one is being persuaded or manipulated.
You both decided to be together which is great. What happens if one feels that way but the other does not?

Lack of co-incidence of wants killed trade by batter ma'am
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 10, 2015
Mynd44:

You both decided to be together which is great. What happens if one feels that way but the other does not?

Lack of co-incidence of wants killed trade by batter ma'am
That's where sacrifice and compromise comes in. I believe that's what friendship is all about. When you care about his happiness letting go won't be a problem.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Mynd44: 6:17am On Jan 10, 2015
softysparky:

That's where sacrifice and compromise comes in. I believe that's what friendship is all about. When you care about his happiness letting go won't be a problem.
True. Does not mean it does not hurt though.

2 Likes

Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 10, 2015
Lala247:

If I develop feelings for a female friend I can't be with, I build walls to keep us apart.
Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 10, 2015
I have a committed platonic best friend, beautiful white girl. There were many chances to cross that line, but I guess I wussed out sad

Actually though, I was trying to work on my self discipline and still am.

Anywho, she had a boyfriend then and we used to chat/study together/hangout since we were in the same class. She would complain about her boyfriend to me constantly and I would try to console her, while I urged her to get over him and focus n stuff.

Obviously it got to the point were she wanted me because I was always there for her and I mean always(she would call me in the middle of the night crying), but I just didn't wanna take advantage of the situation. This one time, we were both so hot, that we agreed that we should meet up at a hotel and just do something we'd both regret in the morning. However we came to our senses and both realized that if we had sex, then all our history of friendship could just evaporate in the blink of an eye, because either I may become too attached or she does.

I admit that it wasn't an easy decision for me to make, but it just felt right.

Another time, we were riding the elevator and were alone, joking about how the way she says "what" is kinda hot. Then she just came up to me, body to body, and started saying "what", "what", "what"... it took every fiber in my being to keep from grabbing her in the elevator but again I resisted. I think that was when we knew we couldn't even play flirt anymore as it could be dangerous.

At the end of the day, we both decided we could have boyfriends and girlfriends but we would always be friends that got each others back and up till today, she is still one of my best buddies and now my accountant.

You just have to be disciplined, you don't have to try to date every girl you see. If you know she's your friend, then control yourself and don't do things to mess it up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Men & Women Be Friends by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 10, 2015
kilokeys:

it works
but rarely..

So I am not safe around you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies Its GAME TIME: Come Build Your Perfect Man / Hungry Girls And Their Wahala / Should I Have Had Sex With Her??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.