Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,721 members, 7,827,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? (27859 Views)

Advice : I Care For My Wife But Love Another Woman / Zimbabwean Woman Married To Another Woman For 3 Years Just Found Out (pic) / Big Girl Caught Flaunting Another Woman's Husband Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by IDEApro(m): 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
aisha2:

Shitty advice, even if you commit suicide he has already married her. Dont make any desperate move to keep him he is not a pigeon he is a human with a brain and should know right and wrong he chose wrong

The guy marrying from home is null and void since there is a legally subsisting marriage he entered. She is the authentic wife and could salvage it if she intends to.

For every action, there is a cause and my position cannot be farfetched as nowadays men don't willingly go into polygamous marriage except for inexplicable factors. Let Op exhaust my position before taking drastic measures.

4 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by rolled: 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
Some people nor just get sense at all
See advise
Promise to return with kids?
Chei

12 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by texanomaly(f): 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
smartigo:

I don't think this is fair and right to the father of her child. She will only become a depository for hatred. Lady, learn to forgive.

Findingtruth,you have d option to divorce him, sue him or stay and make him responsible for your unborn child. The choice is yours.

In life, when faced with worse situations, rash decisions are inimical in the long run. God give u the wisdom.

Are you serious Is that you Esther, or some other family member of the husband?

Op you need to get yourself away from this man before he kills you. He obviously will do anything to stay in America. He can not be trusted. He has proven this beyond a shadow of a doubt. Protect yourself and your child before it's too late. This man has no scruples what so ever, and neither do his people.

freecocoa:
What are you talking about? So you'd be comfortable to allow someone as evil as this man raise your child? What do you think he would instill in that child?

Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

sawyersam:
@op. First I think you need to move out of that house before he harms you seeing u already know the truth. After having your baby, get a lawyer to file a divorce for you. HE IS WICKED!!!!

Please don't wait to get a lawyer. Find one now. Don't continue to put yourself and your child in danger. When he realizes you are no longer falling for his lies, he will become desperate. You obviously don't know what lengths he and his family are willing to go.

I hope you took screen shots of the Facebook page, because those pix will be gone next time you look.

Please don't judge all of Nigeria by this man. This kind of thing happens a lot, but not all Nigerians are wicked like this. They are a good people, this man does not represent all of Nigeria. Don't let that taint you against all Nigerians please.

I am from Texas. I'm sending you a PM. Please if I can help you in some way, I'm here. I did not get to the marrying stage, but I know where you are coming from.

10 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by pat077: 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
I'm sure most of d ppl condeming d guy will do worst if they ve d opportunity

2 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by freecocoa(f): 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
IDEApro:

I emerge from reality. The truth is always bitter and leaves a sour disposition but it is good to humanity it is told.

The reason for African wives by our brothers in diaspora is to have home kids they will fall back to and not necessarily marrying them for love.
I'm sorry but yours is one of the stupidest advice I've read on this forum, what's reality in what you wrote? If having African children is so important to him, why marry an American? Instead of you to be honest and acknowledge that this fraudster used the kind woman for selfish reasons you are here talking yanyanpu, so if this woman doesn't want to relocate to africa, is it not left for the criminal of a man to seek someone willing to return to africa? Just how do you reason to come up with such bullshit? It's annoying to say the least.

24 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Joel3(m): 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
na person livelyhood una just dey spoil so.

ShIo? Most people here will do worst. Coming to public to shout one thing one thing. one will wonder the type of comment here and believe nigerians are good people. How come will have 90 % corrupt and bad people? fake internet life.

At the poster,

take health. Now you find out the truth yourself. You knw what best and good for you to do. But beware of pms. I knw nigerians will want to send you pms. But don't replied anyone outside here.

At to the mod. Do not put this on the front page. It will only result to more complicating issue and childish.

You knw what she is already going through now with the comment she read here.

7 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by profGinger: 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Some pple re just adding up to murder this relationship.
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by 2goodbobo(m): 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
Things some Naija men do to get green card is very bad shocked.Take heart. I will advice you stop giving him any form of monetary assistance no
matter what he tells you. Because if you do, he will use it to be financing his Marriage back in Nigeria.
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by 2goodbobo(m): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
Joel3:
na person livelyhood una just dey spoil so.

ShIo? Most people here will do worst. Coming to public to shout one thing one thing. one will wonder the type of comment here and believe nigerians are good people. How come will have 90 % corrupt and bad people? fake internet life.

At the poster,

take health. Now you find out the truth yourself. You knw what best and good for you to do. But beware of pms. I knw nigerians will want to send you pms. But don't replied anyone outside here.

At to the mod. Do not put this on the front page. It will only result to more complicating issue and childish.

You knw what she is already going through now with the comment she read here.

Which kind yeye livelihood are you talking about? Why didn't he think of her own livelihood when he lied to her and married another woman?
let us be fair here and stop been sentimetal because that is always the problem of we Nigerians. let's call a spade a spade and not a garden Bleep.

In this sistuation, their is nothing wrong in airing his laundry here.

16 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by texanomaly(f): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
profGinger:
Some pple re just adding up to murder this relationship.

What relationship? The guy is a fraudster. There is no relationship. If he considered it a relationship, he would not now be married to two women. He used the op to get a green card. It is clear. Why would she stay with such a man? The better question is; why would she stay with a man who is so obviously using her.

He is married to another woman. Who knows what he is capable of? He has no boundaries. Next he'll be bringing home STDs. It's obvious he can't be faithful.

12 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Lepetitechic(f): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
findingtruth:
Hello all
I am new here and in need of some good advice. In nov 2013 i married my Nigerian husband (i am American). I have been very good to him and given him anything he has needed to survive and prosper. Saying i love him dearly is an understatement. As i love my husband as if he were part of me. We have had some issues mostly because of cultural differences.
I financially supported him for 8 months while his paperwork was processing to allow him to work here in the USA. Eventually his paperwork went through. He obtained employment but just 3 weeks later quit his job to return to Nigeria for his sister's wedding. I agreed to this because i understood the importance it had and i understood that his father was deceased and he is the oldest son. I understood there was a role he needed to fulfill to his family. I didn't like the idea that after months of assuming complete financially responsibility for our home i would have to continue longer nor the idea of him leaving for 3 weeks but i supported not just our bills but helped him finance his trip.
His trip almost destroyed our marriage as many things went wrong while he was gone. I had reached a point i had considered divorcing him but then i found out i am pregnant. He came back home and our life has went on.
Now 5 months later i found pictures of him and a woman. The comments told me they were getting married. Now i know for sure his sister got married when he traveled and i know for sure these pictures are him.
I have confronted and he has explained that he didn't marry the girl but only done an introduction thing to be able to pass from a boy to a man. However i found these pictures on Facebook from the girls page. Many things he is saying don't add up to the details of the pictures and situation but at the same time because of culture differences i know that there could be things i simply don't understand.
For days i have not slept ate worked nothing. The photos shocked me and upset me enough to go into preterm labor but fortunately i was given medication that has stopped labor for now. But this issue is driving me mad as i can't understand it. I don't know what to believe or who to believe. I have looked at my options and i can either divorce him or remain married. Either way if he didn't marry her or did he has cheated and defiled our marriage.
What do i do? How do i know what's true? How can i can restore peace of mind and happiness? How do i find truth? How do i know if he married her?

I honestly wish there is something nicer or less painful to say but the truth is... He just used you.. There are no words to sugar coat it to make it acceptable or techniques to make it disappear just take each day as it comes focus on being healthy and strong for your baby put your energy and love into caring for the baby it would help you take your mind off it however temporary. I really dislike men like that go about giving Nigerians a worse name than we already have ugh!! He most likely married her so you have to do your best to move on I can't tell you to divorce him or have him reported to the authorities that's pretty much your decision to make. However I can tell you to survive and keep living your life, pray, yes, pray.. It helps.. Time heals all wounds.

4 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Lepetitechic(f): 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
findingtruth:
I am not real close to his family mostly due to distant. However he had introduced me to all of his family via skype and his sister that does live here we have a relationship.
He is from edo... Benin city
Yes he works but i am unsure if he has sent money home but i know he has not for sure for a couple months as i hold his bank card.
But in the pictures people were congratulating and blessing the marriage. His reason for this is because they assumed they would marry.
He has offered to cut all communication with all friends and family except his mother if i will not divorce him. He has called his mother over this issue in front of me. She wanted to speak to me but i refused to because well what woman calls themselves a Christian and praises god but then assists in something like this? But i could hear her say she is not your wife.
He also called the girl in front of me and wanted to know why she would use his last name and post the pictures. He offered me to speak with her but i figured for what i can't prove that's who was even on the phone....

I'm from Edo state, Benin city to be precise and all my life here I have never heard of a right of passage that is similar to a traditional marriage, of course the mom would want to plead with you pfft Edo ppl sef smh they are just trying to get you to not get the law involved that's their biggest fear, he is mean heartless and very cruel! angry
findingtruth:
I am not real close to his family mostly due to distant. However he had introduced me to all of his family via skype and his sister that does live here we have a relationship.
He is from edo... Benin city
Yes he works but i am unsure if he has sent money home but i know he has not for sure for a couple months as i hold his bank card.
But in the pictures people were congratulating and blessing the marriage. His reason for this is because they assumed they would marry.
He has offered to cut all communication with all friends and family except his mother if i will not divorce him. He has called his mother over this issue in front of me. She wanted to speak to me but i refused to because well what woman calls themselves a Christian and praises god but then assists in something like this? But i could hear her say she is not your wife.
He also called the girl in front of me and wanted to know why she would use his last name and post the pictures. He offered me to speak with her but i figured for what i can't prove that's who was even on the phone....

I'm from Edo state, Benin city to be precise and all my life here I have never heard of a right of passage that is similar to a traditional marriage, of course the mom would want to plead with you pfft Edo ppl sef smh they are just trying to get you to not get the law involved that's their biggest fear, he is mean heartless and very cruel! It's a a show for you cos it won't take him long to try and build a house buy cars in Benin then leave you.

3 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by hahn(m): 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
findingtruth:
I sincerely appreciate the advice. I am not quit sure what to say as i was hoping that some how there would be truth for what he was telling me.

If you need a private investigator, pm me. Ill help you get to the bottom of this. At a fee of course
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by sthugo: 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
@ findthetruth,I hope you see my writes.I know you are in a very difficult position now,seeing who you loved betray you. You just got to be thankful to God that you discovered it earlier,never obliged to some biased advice you see here on what to do.
You should always consider the position of your unborn child in all your decisions.I believe you just got to confront him with all your findings and hear what he has to say.if he still lies,call it a quit,I guess isn't fit to be the father of your unborn. But if otherwise,take the decision that best suits your conscience.
I hope you got the courage to overcome this.
God be with you
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
I wonder Why a man should do this to a woman with such a good heart.

@ findthetruth, I am so sorry about what is happening to you. But whatever it is,please do not take a rash decision. Dont do something you would regret.

And I would advise u sieve all the advice that you ll get here. You are the one who's directly involved, so you know where the shoe pinches.

You ll need to consider the health and the future of your child. I do not know what you would tell your child when he/she gets to know you jailed their father.

Its a really dicey situation,but you need to take a deep breath and consider the consequences of every line of action you take,especially for the sake of the unborn child.

Unarguably, this man has been wicked to you,but let me say that his action does not represent the nature of true nigerians. We are largely good people with just some bad elements.

Whatever decision you take, think about it thoroughly. We on this forum love you. Be good,sister.

1 Like

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by drisatasarr: 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
Your guy is married to the Nigerian girl. You know deep down this is the case. Stop trying to convince yourself it is not. Obviously your husband is NOT honest with you and will never be. As bad as it is, it will get worse with this man. You don't need him. Move on with your life. It is complicated now that you are pregnant, but God will see you through.

7 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by mutter(f): 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
finding the truth -

The whole truth is that you met a man that was in a difficult condition. He came to America to fend for himself and his family. This man was in love with a woman and promised her to come back and marry him one day. You do not even know that in some cases the women save up to help the man go. They say no to other suitors waiting waiting for their loved ones.
Then what did you do?
You say you loved him yet you took advantage of his situation, because you knew you had very strong bargaining power.
...and you thus gave him that condition to leave the girl.
Ask yourself the truth COULD you have done that with a guy that had his papers wit such confidence NO!
Then after you agreed that he should let it sizzle off- YOU CALLED THE GIRL! and told her you were the wife. DO you think an african woman feels no love and no pain. Do you know if the woman has had a child for him.

If you want to be fair and tell the truth. You went into a party expecting that the other woman must give way because you have the American power. Is that Love.
Please seen too much of this.
Not to worry African men can be polygamous and so you can share him, there is no problem if you love him.
Congratulations on the baby and the best of luck.
The man is nothing so good looking and has such a big fishing net.

7 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by 2CatWoman: 10:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
^^^^

What?

10 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
mutter:
finding the truth -

The whole truth is that you met a man that was in a difficult condition. He came to America to fend for himself and his family. This man was in love with a woman and promised her to come back and marry him one day. You do not even know that in some cases the women save up to help the man go. They say no to other suitors waiting waiting for their loved ones.
Then what did you do?
You say you loved him yet you took advantage of his situation, because you knew you had very strong bargaining power.
Ask yourself the truth COULD you have done that with a guy that had his papers wit such confidence NO!
Then after you agreed that he should let it sizzle off- YOU CALLED THE GIRL! and told her you were the wife. DO you think an african woman feels no love and no pain. Do you know if the woman has had a child for him.

If you want to be fair and tell the truth. You went into a party expecting that the other woman must give way because you have the American power. Is that Love.
Not to worry African men can be polygamous and so you can share him, there is no problem if you love him.

Crap!

22 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by zeb04(f): 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
Findingtruth please find somewhere else to stay untill you can battle it out in court.desperate people do desperate things.

10 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
mutter:
finding the truth -

Then what did you do?

Deluded lots are now allowed to used the internet? undecided undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 11, 2015
mutter:
finding the truth -

Then what did you do?

As pissed off as I am, having been close to someone who almost experienced the same thing, I believe this reply comes from Esther or the guys sister. If its Esther she is sharing her own side of the story and her pain.

BUT, why would anyone work hard fund a man to go to the US to destroy another woman's life for her own survival and still cry victim?

I for one believe every Nigerian man is a suspect when it comes to such, because you can never find the truth before getting involved with one. You can meet the sister, mother and aunt they will speak the same language to help their son to get ahead. They call the women they con "helpers from God" which is more sickening.

To the writer above whether you are Esther, or you are talking from experience, you are a wicked soul woman. May all that is coming to you keep you up all night till it reaches you.

Blood sucking monster! You do not care even if heart ache kills this woman and her unborn child? Bloody vampires!

16 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by cococandy(f): 12:50am On Jan 11, 2015
You don't know mutter? cheesy

She's not Esther . At all
BluIvy:

As passed off as I am having been close to someone who almost experienced the same thing, I believe this reply comes from Esther or the guy sister. If its Esther she is sharing her own side of the story and her pain.

BUT, why would anyone work hard fund a man to go to destroy another woman's life for her own survival and still cry victim?

You are a wicked soul woman. May all that is coming to you keep you up all night till it reaches you.

Blood sucking monster! You do not care even if heart ache kills this woman and her unborn child? Bloody vampires!

3 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by 2CatWoman: 1:44am On Jan 11, 2015
IDEApro and mutter should marry each other. Kanwulia should officiate and SAMBARRY should be the MC. O ti pari.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by ennydoc: 3:55am On Jan 11, 2015
findingtruth:
Are these actual wedding photos or an introduction
wedding pictures. confirmed. sorry.

1 Like

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by soulglo: 4:36am On Jan 11, 2015
He married her. I'm sorry. Focus on the baby. I know it seems like your world is falling apart right now but you will be okay. He does not deserve your love and sacrifice. Please do not let him use you to complete his papers and then bring this woman over who possibly knows about you too but is okay with it because you are her ticket to America. You deserve better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by corisande: 5:28am On Jan 11, 2015
chai !
see one chance
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 11, 2015
Let's take it the story is true, but the advice on here are just plain damning. Even though the poster is trying to be careful and calculated about all of this while still trying to get herself together, everyone just seems to be on about revenge. "Divorce his sorry a.s.ss", "report to the authorities", "make him pay!!". You can almost hear them screaming at the other end, like they'd really just give up someone they've "accidentally" fallen in love with.
Take it easy peeps. The poster is all emotional and needs some sane advice.

3 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Otuabaroku: 9:34am On Jan 11, 2015
goofyone:
Let's take it the story is true, but the advice on here are just plain damning. Even though the poster is trying to be careful and calculated about all of this while still trying to get herself together, everyone just seems to be on about revenge. "Divorce his sorry a.s.ss", "report to the authorities", "make him pay!!". You can almost hear them screaming at the other end, like they'd really just give up someone they've "accidentally" fallen in love with.
Take it easy peeps. The poster is all emotional and needs some sane advice.

^ You may not understand actions perpetrated by people like this do to genuine good Nigerians. This is one of the reason some took it personal on what he did.

Again any person with a little conscience will be very appalled by this action irrespective of nationality.
In short this action is evil, wicked and callous to the highest degree.

7 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 11, 2015
Otuabaroku:

^ You may not understand actions perpetrated by people like this do to genuine good Nigerians. This is one of the reason some took it personal on what he did.

Again any person with a little conscience will be very appalled by this action irrespective of nationality.
In short this action is evil, wicked and callous to the highest degree.

I understand your point. However, those who comment here would probably do less if in the OP's shoes. It'd have been much better if their advice took more realistic turns, something the OP can actually use. No doubt, we are appalled by this and so would any sane person, Nigerian or not. At the same time, encouraging the OP to go for the guy's jugular can't really help her emotions right now. Besides, isn't a kid involved already?
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 11, 2015
goofyone:

I understand your point. However, those who comment here would probably do less if in the OP's shoes. It'd have been much better if their advice took my realistic turns, something the OP can actually use. No doubt, we are appalled by this and so would any sane person, Nigerian or not. At the same time, encouraging the OP to go for the guy's jugular can't really help her emotions right now. Besides, isn't a kid involved already?

Rubbish what's left for the OP to do in this situation? Lace his food with poison? Why cry out when people give the realistic and justified divorce advice?

Or what's your advice? She must stay with him continue to support him?

1. after chucking away a hard earned job,
2. conned the woman to give him more financial assistance after she had fed him for all this time
3. Used the money to marry another woman inflicting unimaginable pain on his ATM wife?
4. Continue to lie about taking this woman for a fool?

This could only mean one thing, the guy is not done until he extracts every penny and cents from this woman. Talk about paying for your own destruction and road to hell.

Now please tell us what exactly should people here be saying to this woman? Prolong her pain by saying he is your baby daddy? When clearly daddy doesn't give two F***cks about the baby or the woman. Daddy is only looking out for number one, himself.

Please this guys family is already helping to prolong this woman's pain, no one here is willing to do the same.

7 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 11, 2015
BluIvy:

Rubbish what's left for the OP to do in this situation? Lace his food with poison? Why cry out when people give the realistic and justified divorce advice?

Or what's your advice? She must stay with him continue to support him?

1. after chucking away a hard earned job,
2. conned the woman to give him more financial assistance after she had fed him for all this time
3. Used the money to marry another woman inflicting unimaginable pain on his ATM wife?
4. Continue to lie about taking this woman for a fool?

This could only mean one thing, the guy is not done until he extracts every penny and cents from this woman. Talk about paying for your own destruction and road to hell.

Now please tell us what exactly should people here be saying to this woman? Prolong her pain by saying he is your baby daddy? When clearly daddy doesn't give two F***cks about the baby or the woman. Daddy is only looking out for number one, himself.

Please this guys family is already helping to prolong this woman's pain, no one here is willing to do the same.

Quit your ranting. Most of what you have up there is just pointless. You heard from the man and he clearly told you he didn't give two f**ks about the baby? Just go to bed.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times / Why Do Pregnant Ladies Act Funny? / Being Married To A Nigerian Is Hard Sometimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.