Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

A Message For The Unemployed. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Message For The Unemployed. (18745 Views)

Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed / The Pains Of The Unemployed / All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Dcmg(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
You see,the society has brainwashed a lot of youths on what success is.
To the society,success is going to the university,get a degree then get a well paying job,after that is to get married have kids then in your old age you retire,recieve pension and wait for your death.Is this life?
The youths of today are living under pressure to succeed on the wrong purpose.
Not even everybody who earn million bucks are fulfilled and satisfied with their lifes.Some millionaire are even living in depression and frustration cos they are not doing what they really like,or they aren't living the life they really ought to live.
If i was to advice my 16-18 yrs old self,i would advice him not to rush into the university just yet.
I would advice him to spend as much time,weeks,months or even years finding his trueself/bestself.I would tell him think of what he is really passionate about doing for the rest of his life,i would tell to think about what makes him come alive the most,i would tell him to search his heart well and think about what will bring him the greatest fulfillment in life,i would tell him that if today was the last day of his life,what would he rather be doing so that people would always remember him for that or what does he want people to remember him for.
I would tell him to find his talent and do what he is passionate about and not try to please anybody,for doin things against your own heart desires just to please the society is very overrated and a fallacy,what you will get at best is depression and frustration.
I would tell him its better to live a short and fulfilling life than a long and frustrating life because the society has conditioned you to think that's how a successful life should be like.
Mehn,not everybody will get a job.Find your trueself and live a purposeful life,nature will welcome you with open arms when you'v discovered your trueself and living it.Everything will just be flowing.
If you know your trueself and living it,you won't have time to be jealous about other peoples success

6 Likes

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by neyur: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
papiforreal:
Just vote Febuhari and worry no more about job. He will revamp the ecomony that even foreigners will be trooping to take jobs in our companies.

Smh:::.....
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by realowded(m): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
[q

uote author=Wittylens post=29667473]To the unemployed youths :

you can take blogging as a full time profession..

Blogging pays handsomely if you work hard

You can contact me if you need help getting started[/quote]

How do I start?
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by bosunjohns(m): 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
semochendo1:
This message will be meaningless to countless number of youths who are not ready to take responsibility for their lives. I deem it expedient sharing this message after realizing that majority of us have resigned to the frustrating predicament of the national unemployment syndrome, and as such, many of us have relaxed, blaming the Government and wallowing in the "someday Isle", thinking someday, things would change for good, while we do nothing to take responsibility for our lives.

As it's the responsibility of the citizens to hold their leaders responsible/blame them for the national failures, so It's your responsibility to hold and blame yourself for your failure!

I gave the preamble above so as to provoke your thought and wake your subconscious mind. One thing we should understand is that as we waste time grumbling and doing nothing about our lives, time is going and the quality of that certificate you are carrying about is depreciating, age is a worrisome factor in the labour market now, so, what are you doing about your unemployment status??

The unemployment rate and status in this country is truly pathetic, in the true sense of employment, only 20% of us are employed, majority of us who raise shoulders that we have jobs are under employed, while the rest are unemployed.

Let me tell you a bitter truth today, if you think you have one uncle or someone somewhere who will help, my brother, you are just wasting your time, 98% of people who renders sincere help in life are strangers or someone you are not related in anyway, the rest 2% may now be family member, so, take your mind off that and get your thinking refreshened.

Let me give some simple principles from my understanding and experience. If you are unemployed take this simple steps, and see if your life won't change for the best in the shortest possible time.

1. Do as much fasting and prayer as you can, seeking God's mercy, favour and divine connection.
2. Go out everyday corporately dressed and go to environments where you could meet people that matters, in fact, you can go into any office, ask them what they do, and how would they compensate you when you bring customers, from there, you've created a platform for meeting new set of people in your life.

3. Watch the company of friends you keep, now you need to consciously chose your friends, chose those who could help your career or motivate you to be great

4. Stop saying I'm not a marketer, if you can't market your self, who will market you? Who will buy/ employ you?

5. Read as much motivational books as you can and see how many billionaires in the world rose from nobody to somebody,follow their footsteps,.and see what comes out of it.

6. Engage in a creative thinking, look for a particular problem of the people and how you can provide solution to it, so that money can move in your direction, there is no how you have what people need and they won't pay for it.

All these are my little contribution to make CHANGE in this country. I wish we are all successful in life....that's my sincere wish, and it shall come to pass.

Love you all.
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by realowded(m): 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
Dcmg:
You see,the society has brainwashed a lot of youths on what success is.
To the society,success is going to the university,get a degree then get a well paying job,after that is to get married have kids then in your old age you retire,recieve pension and wait for your death.Is this life?
The youths of today are living under pressure to succeed on the wrong purpose.
Not even everybody who earn million bucks are fulfilled and satisfied with their lifes.Some millionaire are even living in depression and frustration cos they are not doing what they really like,or they aren't living the life they really ought to live.
If i was to advice my 16-18 yrs old self,i would advice him not to rush into the university just yet.
I would advice him to spend as much time,weeks,months or even years finding his trueself/bestself.I would tell him think of what he is really passionate about doing for the rest of his life,i would tell to think about what makes him come alive the most,i would tell him to search his heart well and think about what will bring him the greatest fulfillment in life,i would tell him that if today was the last day of his life,what would he rather be doing so that people would always remember him for that or what does he want people to remember him for.
I would tell him to find his talent and do what he is passionate about and not try to please anybody,for doin things against your own heart desires just to please the society is very overrated and a fallacy,what you will get at best is depression and frustration.
I would tell him its better to live a short and fulfilling life than a long and frustrating life because the society has conditioned you to think that's how a successful life should be like.
Mehn,not everybody will get a job.Find your trueself and live a purposeful life,nature will welcome you with open arms when you'v discovered your trueself and living it.Everything will just be flowing.
If you know your trueself and living it,you won't have time to be jealous about other peoples success

There is nothing more motivating as this.... This is the best thing to tell any human!... Please, keep preaching this bro...

1 Like

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by charlove(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
to the unemployed youths that spend hours everyday on nairaland....
time to demand for a job from nairaland!
abi nor be so?
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Curiouscat: 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nice points @op
Just maybe,you can add moving out of your comfort zone....

[url][/https://www.nairaland.com/2086042/cheap-affordable-mtn-data-planurl]
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Kazrem(m): 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
k
Your only comment has always been "k", incase, just passing by etc.
By the way, wetin concern me?
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by paragwua: 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
it is always better to support your own.....
lets make the Glo network the best in
Africa... download the Glo unlimited song
by Paul hero.... it is one of the best songs
ever in the history of music making .....A
pure soulful chants and vocals that will
touch your heart... you cant help it but TO
fall in love with the Glo network.make it
viral ... send it to friends. offer links for
downloads ....lets promote our own.... one
Nigeria...it is about oneness .. those in
charge front page Abeg.....YOU can port
right now... Artist
contact..paulheromusic@gmail.com ..Glo
unlimited ....http://
www.datafilehost.com/d/a36dc0f9
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by haconjy(m): 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
and the sites like this need to help others too. I remember I posted a message here for help and yet its never appear in FP while wizkid photo others are there. why
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Kazrem(m): 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
Maybe I should just add this short story.
There is this lady that graduated 2 or 3 years after I graduated. She did education and looked for work but to no avail. She later summoned courage and decided to do home lesson, after all she did education.
To cut the story short, as I speak today she is a proud owner of a primary school (kindergarten to basic 3 or 4). That's not the end. She now employ people instead of being employed. And guess what? She is back in school to improve herself. That is somebody that takes responsibility not those that will be complaining.
But one problem I have with our educational sector is not being able to practice what we were taught. If that lady didn't so education, I guess it might not be as easy as that.
But all in all, do something. start small but think big.
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by CSTR: 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
papiforreal:
Just vote Febuhari and worry no more about job. He will revamp the ecomony that even foreigners will be trooping to take jobs in our companies.
Are you serious?
buhari is now jesus christ.
One year into buhari's tenure, i would like to see the look on your face.
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by LEAFLET(m): 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
My sincere advice: once you dey 300 level.. Buy lappy start work.. No dull yourself...
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by eazydon(m): 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
Tomorrow must be better: This is a message from Nigeria next big bang artiste Hyness. Better Tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_p0HRJ2bu8
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by ollyruffy: 4:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
What a country and what a people. Unemployment is now blamed on the youths.

2 Likes

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
Teagirl:
Have tried all of the above**trecked the whole abuja marketing**the last interview I went the MD asked me to come sit on his lap(I thought that only happen in the movies) am so tired,, am looking for a nanny or househelp job now.. Life was much easier while I was in the univeristy

so sorry dear.
can u relocate to the east? do u have ond?
send me ur cv if u have d above and is under 26.
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Teagirl(f): 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
mercylicious:

so sorry dear.
can u relocate to the east? do u have ond?
send me ur cv if u have d above and is under 26.
I can relocate to the east, I have bsc and am 25
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Appswheel(m): 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
nicee one
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by bassette(m): 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
God bless you Op...good stuff
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by bassette(m): 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
realowded 29669992: [q

uote author=Wittylens post=29667473]To the unemployed youths :

you can take blogging as a full time profession..

Blogging pays handsomely if you work hard

You can contact me if you need help getting started

How do I start?
how do i Contact you
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Appswheel(m): 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
semochendo1:
This message will be meaningless to countless number of youths who are not ready to take responsibility for their lives. I deem it expedient sharing this message after realizing that majority of us have resigned to the frustrating predicament of the national unemployment syndrome, and as such, many of us have relaxed, blaming the Government and wallowing in the "someday Isle", thinking someday, things would change for good, while we do nothing to take responsibility for our lives.

As it's the responsibility of the citizens to hold their leaders responsible/blame them for the national failures, so It's your responsibility to hold and blame yourself for your failure!

I gave the preamble above so as to provoke your thought and wake your subconscious mind. One thing we should understand is that as we waste time grumbling and doing nothing about our lives, time is going and the quality of that certificate you are carrying about is depreciating, age is a worrisome factor in the labour market now, so, what are you doing about your unemployment status??

The unemployment rate and status in this country is truly pathetic, in the true sense of employment, only 20% of us are employed, majority of us who raise shoulders that we have jobs are under employed, while the rest are unemployed.

Let me tell you a bitter truth today, if you think you have one uncle or someone somewhere who will help, my brother, you are just wasting your time, 98% of people who renders sincere help in life are strangers or someone you are not related in anyway, the rest 2% may now be family member, so, take your mind off that and get your thinking refreshened.

Let me give some simple principles from my understanding and experience. If you are unemployed take this simple steps, and see if your life won't change for the best in the shortest possible time.

1. Do as much fasting and prayer as you can, seeking God's mercy, favour and divine connection.
2. Go out everyday corporately dressed and go to environments where you could meet people that matters, in fact, you can go into any office, ask them what they do, and how would they compensate you when you bring customers, from there, you've created a platform for meeting new set of people in your life.

3. Watch the company of friends you keep, now you need to consciously chose your friends, chose those who could help your career or motivate you to be great

4. Stop saying I'm not a marketer, if you can't market your self, who will market you? Who will buy/ employ you?

5. Read as much motivational books as you can and see how many billionaires in the world rose from nobody to somebody,follow their footsteps,.and see what comes out of it.

6. Engage in a creative thinking, look for a particular problem of the people and how you can provide solution to it, so that money can move in your direction, there is no how you have what people need and they won't pay for it.

All these are my little contribution to make CHANGE in this country. I wish we are all successful in life....that's my sincere wish, and it shall come to pass.

Love you all.
I love you too. Thanks for sharing
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by olumyde5(m): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nice one bro
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by ArcToyin(m): 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
papiforreal:
did he tell you this?
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
Whilst your post is good, it lacks some valid points. You did not disprove the fact that government has created a volatile environment for job seekers and even those who want to establish their own business.

The unemployed graduates that are the target of satire here are ready to work. They are not supercilious as you are indirectly labelling them.

In one of your solutions, you proffered going to offices to "market" oneself or to engage into what Igbos call "oso ahia" (those who bring customers for traders). These set of people are importunate people who cause inflation in our society. Is it what you are encouraging here?

Stop finding umbrage with people who are living their life as a result of bad government policy in Nigeria.

It is true that government cannot employ everybody but the government has not done the necessary things to be free of blame from this unemployment issue. Take the education sector for example, inadequate teaching staff and yet we have many begging for the job.

I believe the tenet that government should be responsible for the unemployment of Nigerian youths. If you have got yours, don't gloat about your success. We all know the legerdemain that is the order of the day in getting jobs in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by rossyc(f): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Most of us have used that method but nothing has worked out yet. Personally I have applied online, submitted my cv in different firms here in portharcourt, went for many tests/interview but nothing yet. I had to start a little business to keep body and soul together. So it's not really easy like people think.
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Chuksgeo: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
Wao, the fasting and prayer one got me, "religious country ungodly people" anyway the God factor is important, it is not of him that runneth, for the battle is not for the swift or the strongest but "of God" that showeth mercy.
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
papiforreal:

i don't think you know how many company was forced to closure during his first service. I wonder the magic you expect.
Nice work from the OP though.
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by 100Cents: 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
gede7744:
thx for this write up. l was thinking of creating a thread on this topic.but u beat me to it.

it surprises me how an able body youth will wake up and keep complaining everyday without doing anything to better his/her life.

so many things u can engage in to become somebody. the most important of them all is what d op ve said - MARKET YOURSELF AND SEE IF NO BODY WILL BUY UR IDEA.

Stop complaining and take charge of ur life

Chai, I was trying to say undecided

But you beat me to it.
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by 100Cents: 8:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
semochendo1:
Messages like this deserve the front page, considering the unemployment situation in the country, some people need to be tapped to wake up to exploration of their full potentials. Nigerian youths need message like this, not Davido just bought an aircraft or Wizkid just bought an estate, all these make many more intimidated and desperate. We need to get things right in this country, the Change we all sing and advocate now begins with you and I.

Celebrity gossip is wash. They keep men living in wishes till grey hair and death come knocking..
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by klebson(m): 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nice write up
Re: A Message For The Unemployed. by joseph1832(m): 9:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
Semochendo1: Lovely write up I must say. But am afraid that you fail to see that not many people who go about the way you describe come out in shining colors.

The Nigeria we know today is a place full of challenges, a country where "money is power" and if you don't have it, you're absolutely nothing.

I believe you're aware that not many have the skills you mentioned in your write up, the society as you know it is 'worse that worthless'.

Some will definately try what you prescribe and come out with nothing.

Government, I repeat government has a major role to play today and they're shying away from it jealously. To me, the situation we are today calls for dire concern. Even as many still engage themselves positively, they still lack that financial satisfaction. All you see is many graduate struggling because the cash needed is not coming in as it should.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Questions To Ask And Questions To Never Ask At An Interview / What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? / Vacancies @ Ringo Telecommunications Limited-dec.2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.