Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage (26931 Views)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] / Deceived Into Marriage, Used And Dumped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by internetpirate: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2015
Obinoscopy:
Your post in bold summarises everything I said. A good guy is every girl's dream husband while a good lady is every man's dream wife. Good husbands and good wives are scarce. However, the reason why getting a good husband is much more difficult than getting a wife is because most girls can't woo a guy even if they discovered he'll make a good husband.

Yes, I agree there are unrealistic expectations. I also agree that no one is perfect and that we can still marry someone despite his or her flaws. But my brother, there are some things that are "non-negotiably" needed before a guy or a lady can get married. Whether good guys/ladies are scarce or not, we must marry good guys/ladies. It's non-negotiable. Else, we will be wretched for the rest of our lifes.

What is good for the goose may not be good for the gander! The key words are compatibility and self-esteem. A good self-esteem aids in determining good character (not some jaundiced opinion bred by our insecurities!) and helps validation of compatibility.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 11, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I don't understand. smiley

I mean.. I get what you're saying..
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 11, 2015
Akranez:

I mean.. I get what you're saying..

Ok. smiley
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by lilmax(m): 11:16am On Jan 11, 2015
carefreewannabe:

She will work on her career, make money, do an excellent job, take care of her elderly folks if needed, travel around the world, do charity, educate herself further ....

A good life for those who can and want to live it and often more interesting than being married.
so what you are saying is she has to do all these things before getting married? There is no excuse for late marriage
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2015
lilmax:
so what you are saying is she has to do all these things before getting married? There is no excuse for late marriage

She can, she doesn't have to. She can do it and marry simultaneously or do it and marry later or do it and not marry at all.

She doesn't need any excuse to marry late or not marry at all. It is her life and her choice.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 11, 2015
Valeree:
I think the op is right... as a single working class, I get the " when are you getting married question" left, right and center... like my life depended on it.. and it makes me uncomfortable sometimes.
I have also noticed that the questions comes more from guys too.

The questions are coming from guys the most because they need marriage more than we do. Can't you see? Its a desperate tactic to keep reminding you that your attention must always be for men and men only. They fear some women could allow other aspects of their lives be of more importance than they are to them. So they have to keep reminding you that they still exist. Desperate isnt it? grin grin

I guess men show desperation for marriage differently from women. And you know the funny thing about these same men? Most of them are still not ready for the marriage they are reminding you of. Look around you. Even the single men in this thread reminding single ladies to marry, how many of them are ready to marry? some still wanna play till they reach 40 yrs or marry and continue being bachelors. Thats the irony about their desperation. Funny right?

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 11, 2015
Valeree:
I think the op is right... as a single working class, I get the " when are you getting married question" left, right and center... like my life depended on it.. and it makes me uncomfortable sometimes.

I have become immune to this kind of questions, then I started joking about them, then they stopped. grin cool grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 11, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I have become immune to this kind of questions, then I started joking about them, then they stopped. grin cool grin

True. There are ways to answer people to stop them from asking silly questions. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Odunharry(m): 11:54am On Jan 11, 2015
elantraceey:
u sef dy book space?u book space cm forget to fill d land

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 11, 2015
Sophyrocks:

True. There are ways to answer people to stop them from asking silly questions. grin grin

I discovered that it's fun and funny. grin
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Odunharry(m): 11:55am On Jan 11, 2015
keyzid:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME kiss smiley
happy birthday to you..
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I discovered that it's fun and funny. grin

You must have a good sense of humour to think so. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by kakakent: 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
I smell some frusrated single ladies here oh so pple don't have happy marriages again in this country? Nawaa marriage z d best thing that has happened to a lot of pple I know all this feminist if you tell em to help you get something from the floor dey ill auto interpret it nd ask if they re ur wives or slaves , may oluwa protect me from such

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
Sophyrocks:

You must have a good sense of humour to think so. smiley

Try it. Pull their legs. grin
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Misogynist2014(m): 12:32pm On Jan 11, 2015
This junk of three pages won't stop me from marrying a younger woman at age 25. The heading itself is a stüpid one, telling us women, who have expiry date are the ones tricked into marriage, not men, who can marry a young woman at age sixty and still give birth to as many children as possible. Who will marry a forty year old woman? Verily I tell you, there are a million marriage starved women, as young as 29, even 24 that will jump at a man of 50yrs. Marriage is to help women from turning to baby mamas and baby-pop-out machine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Misogynist2014(m): 12:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
We all know that woman, Dora Akunyuli, she had a lot of children, but had a promising career, A woman I loved and was loved by many. She even cooked for her husband till she gave up the ghost. Early marriage is a blessing to the wise and reproach to the foolish.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Try it. Pull their legs. grin
I sure will. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by elantraceey(f): 1:07pm On Jan 11, 2015
Odunharry:

u sef dy book space?u book space cm forget to fill d land

lool , i forget say i don post for the topic before grin
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by otiigba1(m): 2:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
in other words start living the life of immoralty,change mentality to that of white people, but will it work?
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Bolurx(m): 3:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Etoshil18(m): 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
Seriously, im overwhelmed with wht im reading hia..the even days are near..
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by felifeli: 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=tobechi20 post=29661123][/quote]
Tell the truth una no get fiance ni. Abi your abunna no dey work ?
Go and marry joor. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by RennyX: 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
Valeree:
If u like don't do d needful undecided
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by fairlyisabel(f): 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
Honestly i think guys are becoming more desperate about this marriage of a thing. Tell some of them that you wish to be single, single mom or single until a particular age, and you will see and hear desperate actions and terminologies. If you are a working class lady, you will hardly get a mere toaster but men who want to marry you today, tomorrow.........hmmmm ladies beware o...settle with the right man @ the right time

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Edusouls(m): 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
hahaha our mothers never found it so difficult to marry a man, they easily got married during their time,it wasnt a do or die affair,they didnt trap a man into marriage by getting pregnant for them they happily got married in the sense that men happily choose to be with these women, look at what happens with nowadays women, then u see that they have failed woefully, how can single girls marry,when their choice of dating is married or attached men with kids,keeping multiple boys and men friends from age 18, being very promiscous just to get money,dating anything that can give her money even monkeys or devils, all their woman values and dignity is lost to having i pad or bb,iphone,i pod, go ask ur mum was it how they lived there lives...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Missmossy(f): 7:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hahaha funny but true though, this world is more of a manipulative one, both sexes don't always have It so easy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
Edusouls:
hahaha our mothers never found it so difficult to marry a man, they easily got married during their time,it wasnt a do or die affair,they didnt trap a man into marriage by getting pregnant for them they happily got married in the sense that men happily choose to be with these women, look at what happens with nowadays women, then u see that they have failed woefully, how can single girls marry,when their choice of dating is married or attached men with kids,keeping multiple boys and men friends from age 18, being very promiscous just to get money,dating anything that can give her money even monkeys or devils, all their woman values and dignity is lost to having i pad or bb,iphone,i pod, go ask ur mum was it how they lived there lives...

Yeah, sure everyone was happy back in the day.
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by cococandy(f): 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
justwise:

No woman should settle for less in the name of marriage. You get married because you are In love with somebody and share things in common, you don't get married because the society wants you to.

In Nigeria we make women feel guilty and unwanted because they are not married at our own time and when they got married to a wrong man because of pressure from the society and the marriage ended in disaster we call them 'second-hand'

Let's allow people to make their choices at their own time and live with it.
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by cococandy(f): 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
Gerrard59:

The problem with that is most Nigerian men don't like to see a single working class lady being successful at her given career.
We have persons who have been coaxed into marriage thinking with all things are possible and they will easily be happy. Men enter marriages and still sleep outside their matrimonial home.
Same men who forced, persuade, mock women into marriages would later come and vomit out that variety is the spice of life.

Like I have always been a saying, Marriage is not everything and marriage cannot be compulsory. Live your life the way you deem fit, as long as you're happy with your life, anybody else opinion can go to hell.
Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by cococandy(f): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
lastpage: Marriage is a commitment, by TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE, agreeing to live together, with the understanding that they are not perfect, will annoy each other, will fight, will disagree, will occasionally get frustrated with the other but come whatever may, will be open to "discussion and shifting-ground" for the purpose of reaching a compromise governed by the simple rule that "TOGETHER IS FOREVER" and "One person must blow cold, when the other is blowing hot".

There is not perfect marriage but the moment you both decide independently and individually that NO MATTER WHAT, WE WILL STICK TOGETHER AND RESOLVE OUR PROBLEM WITH LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER, THAT YOU ARE BETTER TOGETHER THAN SEPARATED,.....You will eventually mature to overcome your challenges.

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by obowunmi(m): 9:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
Lastpage hit the nail on tthe head.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage by sexynabila(f): 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
TV01:
What is this foul-smelling hot mess early on a Saturday morning A tipper load of bovine scatology to ruin the weekend grin! Thank God TV01 NL' Foremost marriage advocate and defender of delightful matrimony is at hand - it must be sanitation day cheesy!

"Good" husbands are scarce, and thinking like this is not helping the situation. Best prepare and start early for your matrimonial adventure kiss shame on u.... U r a disgrace to humanity, to hav dis kind of thinking.

Nope, but long-term, the thoughts of the vast majority will turn to marriage - and indeed, society flourishes best that way. As above!

Nope, it's not a crime, it's a societal ill, and rightly stigmatised, it has no benefits over child-rearing in wedlock and has a cost to society.

Another societal ill, which should be avoided, and would be vastly reduced if my earlier advice were taken and applied.

There could be changes in approach that would improve things, but overall the emphasis on marriage is the right one.

Be as that may be, don't attack marriage, work to better prepare people for it

Anyone who cares about their family or friends will be concerned about their marital prospects and outlook when they are of age.

Inverted logic - which characterises this whole post - does refusal to abort cause single mothers?

Should divorce be lauded? Encouraged?? Celebrated Or even considered a good thing. Did you put any thought into this

Every one is responsible for their own choice - no one is forced to marry. And manipulation would all but disappear if my advice above is taken

Are single women forced to get pregnant? Are they best advised to have children without the presence of a committed father. Single mothers pursue marriage hard because of the burden of raising children alone, not the other way round. Honestly?

Very few women are cut out for long-term spinsterhood or men for bachelorhood. It's absolutely right that she is prepared and encouraged to marry.

If they are correctly prepared and don't do it for selfish reasons, divorce will be rare. Teach them to do it properly not reject whats best for them and society.

Yes, it's a mans world - and nothing is changing anytime soon. Despite the best efforts of purveyors of neo-ideologies. And why? Not least 'cos women want it that way grin!

Now please take this losers charter, this attack on the family, this outrage against society and shove it. It's foul and smellier than a 2buff stanky kitty-kat thread grin!

Are you married wink? And if not, why not, don't you realise there's a best window of opportunity? that good spouses are scarce? That it's best to commit as soon as you are ready and have your children in wedlock? That all the best reception halls are booked until 2020? that good caterers are scarce, that quality aso ebi, decent fuji bands and chauffeured limosines are becoming more expensive by the day, that... grin!

TV
shame on u! No woman want's it dat way

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Children Of Same Parents Who Died Same Day Buried In Abia (Pictures) / Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.