Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused (995 Views)

How To Treat Him To A Special Homemade Valentine / I Am Confused Because I Truly Love Her............... / "To Keep A Man, Treat Him Like A Dog'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by dizzywezzy(f): 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2008
WE STARTED OUT 2 YEARS AGO, I LOVED HIM ALOT AND I WASN'T AFAIRD OF SHOWIN IT BUT HE NEVER JUST APPRECIATED ME. I WAS LIKE D ONLY ONE DOING ALL D LUVIN AND CALLIN. EVERYONE WAS TELLIN ME 2 LEAVE HIM BUT I JUST DIDN'T LISTEN COS I LUVED HIM SOOOOOOOOO MUCH EVEN THOUGH HE WASN'T TREATING ME RIGHT. I CRIED A LOT BUT I COULDN'T JST LEAVE HIM. ONE DAY I MADE UP MY MIND 2 MOVE ON AND SOME HOW I WAS ABLE 2 SO I BROKEUP WIT HIM AND HE DIDN'T EVEN ACT LIKE HE CARED. AFTER 2WEEKS 2 MY GREATEST SUPRISE HE CAME BCK BEGGING. AFTER LIK 1 MONTH OF" AM SORRY" I TOOK HIM BCK LAST WEEK. NOW I RILY DN'T NO HOW 2 TREAT HIM SO AS 2 KEEP HIM ON HIS TOES. DO U TINK I SHOULD CONTINUE WIT D FORMER LUVEY DUBEY OR JST ACT LIKE I DN'T CARE BOUT HIM? AND IF I DO DIS WOULD I B PUSHING HIM AWAY? AM RILY CONFUSED because WEN I WAS SHOWING HIM LUV I WAS GETTING NOTIN BUT WEN I IGNORED HIM HE GAVE ME ALOT OF ATTENEION. PLS GUYS I RILY NEED UR ADVICE
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by sistawoman: 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2008
This is for every single female that might read this:

STOP changing who you are to try and hook a man. He will love you or not but never change who or what you are to try to get him

Love him the way that YOU know how to love not the way that you think will get his love. If he does not value the way you love then leave him and never take him back no matter how much he beggs.

Dont play games because as soon as you get tired of pretending you will start acting like yourself and then he will leave because he like the "pretend" you and not the real you.
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by MoneyRule(m): 2:35pm On Dec 17, 2008
just be yourself,dont try to displease and dont try to please,you dumped him before so if he loses value for you,you can do it again.
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2008
Be real! how hard can that be?

Never compromise your own personality for any dude, A man who loves you would love you just the way you are. At least you would be more comfortable knowing he's in love with you for the real you and not the fake you.

And if it doesn't work out, then you should be able to understand, ITS SIMPLY NOT MEANT TO BE.
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by omega25red(m): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2008
you know they say men mature slower than women. It took time for him to realize that he had something good. If i were you i wouldn' change be your self and besides you know what you wouldn't stand for so enjoy the relationship.
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by iice(f): 8:18am On Dec 19, 2008
You are indeed confused undecided

His behaviour towards you now should determine how you behave towards him.
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by davidt(m): 10:06am On Dec 20, 2008
Just be yourself.
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2008
@dizzywezzy

Like sistawoman said, Don't ever change what you are because one guy doesn't feel it, just keep loving. imma give maself as an example: My Last relationship ended because i couldn't handle the love from her. I've never been loved the way she loved me. She really loved to the last, i loved her but no as much as you could really love someone to spend a long time with her. I ended up loosing the only girl that genuinely loved me. I really regret it cos i never experienced love that way. But it never stopped her from loving the same way. We're still friends, and right now, she's going out with a wonderful guy who really loves her and really knew what i meant to be loved.

My Point: I wasn't really matured psychologically to take that kind of relationship, so i never appreciated it or saw her love for me, and secondly i'll say, the experiences i've had in relationships also made me not to realize her love.

So just see it that he's realized how a "HE-GOAT" he's been, and want to make it right now. Still love him the way you used to, but with caution.
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by dollyn(f): 4:21pm On Dec 20, 2008
jst keep doing ur own thing.he will change when he sees u stil luv him after everything hes done
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by olanajim(m): 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2008
Why not let him show you what he want before you plunge into the affair again?

It is wise to know him first before you judge him. If you have daued for 2 years and you still don't understand him, believe me it is either you have been blind or he is hidding his real self from you. I doubt you will ever get to understand him again. Two years is long enough to know something about a man you want to marry.

But everyone seem to have lost a point. What did you mean by he is not showing love or that you are the only one doing the lovey dovey? I am sure you have a definite idea what love mean to you. Perhaps it is gift giving or kissing etc. I would love to know before judging the man.

Cheer
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by dizzywezzy(f): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ olanajim
dnt get me wrong. Wen i say luv i dnt mean gifts and fancy things. i mean true affection and all dat. 2 me dere is more 2 luv dan all dat
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by olanajim(m): 9:59am On Dec 24, 2008
And I am asking what you mean by true affection. And how you want to be loved and what way he had shown otherwise.

It is important one know so one won't run into error.

We all have difference way of showing love. What is your own ways?
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by dizzywezzy(f): 11:35am On Dec 24, 2008
He hardly called, not even d regular gudmorning and gudnite callin and nytime i complained he says his busy. We never rily spent time 2gether cos he rily didn't care about seeing me and wen i ask if he misses me his like " yes of course all dis thing dn't rily matter 2 me" and i started 2 get rily confused like mayb this is just his altitude and i should learn how 2 undastand him. it was wen things got rily bad i decided 2 leave. it was all rily bad 4 me cos i never wanted d relationship and he practically begged me into luving him. some times i feel he is jst tryin 2 pay me bck cos he went though a lot 2 get me but i feel if he rily luvs me he won't tink dat way
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by diasporian: 11:39am On Dec 24, 2008
give him sex daily, from the front, back, side, top, bottom, and come back to tell us what he has become afterwards, you will keep him forever, but dont give it to him in the afternoon, never.
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by meexteriox(m): 11:53am On Dec 24, 2008
@poster
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.
The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by olanajim(m): 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2008
It is misnomer to expect everything to click at once. Through trial and error, through wisdoms and follies of others, through experiences and through bad and good, we learn to know who we are dealing with.

You man may be one of the men who don't consider such things as important. He may or may not love you as deeply as he professed. Only through your own inner perception can you be so sure if he is real or not.

While women tend to enjoy talking and hearing men they love talk, the truth is that some men consider it a sacrifice they have to make. While some simply ignore you.

Do this:
fix a date with the guy on a day you will both be free and relaxed. Though he is supposed to fix a date, you have to make this initiative since you are doing it for a cause.

At you date, act as if nothing had happened then try to let him take control of the date. Let him talk or give him something to talk about and listen to him. Depending on the response you get, try and find out what is it that he want and how he wanted to be loved. Let him talk. Let him tell you what he want. Then at appropriate time, let him know how you felt when he ignores you. Let him make a little commitment on how he would reciprocate your love.

Then wait and see how it goes. If he fail to keep his commitments, if he appear to be doing it delibrately, then it is time for you to start treating him like just a friend. Don't make mistake of giving him sex thinking that would tilt his attention toward you. It would only complicate your problems. With an air of nonchallant, start looking for a better option. First as a friend. And if your man doesn't seem to care, politely shut him out of your life for good and focus on someone who appreciate you!

I wish you good luck!

PS: i maintains that calling someone 10 times a day is not a way to show love. It can be a false sign of love. If you live in the same area, he would soon get tired of you. Men pursue scarce products than the common products,
Re: How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused by dizzywezzy(f): 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ olanajim
thanks a lot 4 ur advice

(1) (Reply)

How To Show You No Longer Love Her / My Girlfriend Would Rather Go To The Hair Salon Then Attend My Boxing Match / To Lovebirds( How would you propose to your girlfriend or .....)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.