Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,385 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? (765 Views)

Why I Think Buhari Fired The Army From Aso Rock! / You Think Buhari Was Embarrassed In Paris? (photos) / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by finallytalking: 11:40am On Jan 12, 2015
Personally, I don't think he does...there will be no room for crating corrupt persons in the new world order.
let me have your views on this please...

Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by ORACLE1975(m): 11:41am On Jan 12, 2015
ask yourself?
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 12, 2015
the day he said...

he will pay the oldies salary and feed the poor...and even start sharing food everyday to the pipo....

i then realize this man is making mockery of his followers on nairaland and outside nairaland....

which govt does that...??

not even the word leaders can do dat.....

HE-DIOT BULL-HARI
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by PointB: 11:46am On Jan 12, 2015
NO!
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by SUBMARINE: 11:48am On Jan 12, 2015
We don't want free meals , N5000 and celebration of illiteracy undecided
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by olivia4u: 11:48am On Jan 12, 2015
He doesn't have the capabitilty to fight corruption, he should go and rest.
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by babadee1(m): 11:52am On Jan 12, 2015
olivia4u:
He doesn't have the capabitilty to fight corruption, he should go and rest.

But Uncle Jona said ordinary stealing is not corruption.
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by supremus: 11:56am On Jan 12, 2015
Don't think Buhari is a DEMOCRAT
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by finallytalking: 11:59am On Jan 12, 2015
@Babadee1, is that the answer you want to proffer? please let us know why you think he can fight corruption.
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by ayodele107: 11:59am On Jan 12, 2015
No, Buhari can not fight corruption. How can Buhari fight corruption with all the so call men surrounding him. moderators please move this topic to the front page.
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by babadee1(m): 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
finallytalking:
@Babadee1, is that the answer you want to proffer? please let us know why you think he can fight corruption.

I know he can fight corruption because he has done it before. The way to fight corruption is not through technology contrary to what GEJ may tell you. The only answer to corruption is swift, certain, severe and consistent punishment. That is the way other countries tackle corruption so why should Nigeria's case be any different? Now tell me which leader in Nigeria's history has fought against corruption more than Buhari.
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by finallytalking: 12:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
@Babadee1, my grouse with GMB is the crude and selective nature he fought corruption in his previous attempt.. I really do not think that strategy will work in the 21st century...if you say he will strengthen institutions I will be swayed by that argument...every country that has successfully fought corruption did so by strengthening their anti crime institutions. please that is the way to go, but I doubt if he has the intelligence and will power to do that, not with the caliber of people he has been parading around with.
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by babadee1(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
finallytalking:
@Babadee1, my grouse with GMB is the crude and selective nature he fought corruption in his previous attempt.. I really do not think that strategy will work in the 21st century...if you say he will strengthen institutions I will be swayed by that argument...every country that has successfully fought corruption did so by strengthening their anti crime institutions. please that is the way to go, but I doubt if he has the intelligence and will power to do that, not with the caliber of people he has been parading around with.

His running mate Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is a professor of constitutional and international law. I don't think Jonathan has a person of that caliber anywhere in his cabinet. You don't judge a leader by his own deficiencies but by his ability to pick the right people who will support him in his areas of weakness.
If you're willing to keep an open mind look into it and you will see that GMB is a better choice than GEJ.
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by gratiaeo(m): 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2015
Buhari is more corrupt and clueless than GEJ.
UMARU DIKKO was the biggest thorn in the flesh of the Buhari/Idiagbon regime.
Alhaji Umaru Dikko turned out to be the most powerful politician in the Second Republic. Any task given to him by the government he delivered efficiently. He was appointed chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Rice. Within a short time, rice was available in all parts of Nigeria at a uniform price of N25 for a 50-kilogramme bag in any part of the country. He was accused of making billions from the rice importation and he asked how he could make billions from a mere hundred-million naira he was given for rice in the two years of the task force and yet rice was available everywhere.

Dikko was appointed director-general of President Shagari’s re-election campaign organization in 1983. Shagari won the minimum requirement in all but three of the then 19 states that year. During the Senate screening hearing for his re-appointment as minister in the second term that year, he was asked by a senator about this feat and he replied: “Yes, I promised Mr President 16 presidential states and I delivered nothing less. Go and tell the whole world that we have won from the desert to the Atlantic Ocean. For the first time in the history of Nigeria, one political party is controlling all the four former regional capitals: Benin, Enugu, Kaduna and Ibadan.”

Alhaji Umaru Dikko was very cosmopolitan and one of those rarest of human beings who were both traditionalists and modernists. He was extremely confident and proud such that some people thought he was arrogant. He was a principled politician who, once convinced of the goodness of anything, went out for it. Dikko had no respect for military men who shot themselves to power. He referred to them as the “coup-star” generals. With Dikko, you knew where you stood as he never stood on the fence. No wonder he became a victim of extreme negative propaganda in his time.

On December 31, 1983, three months into Shagari’s second term, the government was removed following a military coup that ushered in General Buhari as military head of state. Dikko escaped through Seme border to Cotonou from where he left for exile in London until his return in 1995. While in exile, he attended Holborn College of Law, as well as Middle Temple (Inns of Court) thus qualifying as a lawyer.

Dikko was the biggest thorn in the flesh of the Buhari/Idiagbon regime. It did not come as a surprise, therefore, when on July 5, 1984, he was suddenly snatched on a London street as he went for a walk. The extraordinary plan was to kidnap Dikko, drug him, stick him into a specially made crate and put him on a plane back to Nigeria alive. The plot was foiled by a vigilant British customs officer, Charles David Morrow.

An Israeli and allegedly a former Mossad agent, Alexander Barak, was recruited to lead the kidnap team. It included a Nigerian military intelligence officer, Major Mohammed Yusuf, and Israeli nationals Felix Abitbol and Dr Lev-Avie Shapiro, who was to inject Dikko with an anaesthetic. They injected Dikko and laid him, unconscious, in a crate. The Israeli anaesthetist climbed into the crate as well, carrying medical equipment to make sure Dikko didn’t die en route. Barak and Abitbol got into a second crate. Both boxes were then sealed.

The crates were taken to the cargo terminal of Stansted Airport, 40 miles north of London, where a Nigerian diplomat, Mr Edet, was anxiously waiting. Just then, there was an “All Ports Bulletin” from Scotland Yard saying that a Nigerian had been kidnapped and it was suspected he would be smuggled out of the country. The police had been alerted by Dikko’s secretary who had witnessed his abduction from a window in the house. The Nigerian intelligence officer and the three Israelis eventually received prison sentences in the UK.

Those who accuse Dikko of corruptly enriching himself never knew him. Dikko was never interested in making money. Money was just a tool for him. Dikko was only excited with the power game. In this, he was impervious to obstacles, impatient with petty people and undisturbed by latent tensions. He was the embodiment of one of Jean Monnet’s maxim: “everybody is ambitious. The question is whether he is ambitious to be or ambitious to do.” Dikko was ambitious to do, and was passionate about Nigeria.

Dikko was restless with pretentious rhetoric. He sought no glory for himself. His impact reflected anonymous dedication. He was that rarest of the powerful ones who put people at ease, that most unusual of revolutionaries who overturned the prevailing order without alienating the upholders of existing institutions. How I wish he had written his memoirs! For Dr Usman Dikko was a living encyclopaedia of Nigerian politics, a master strategist and a great statesman. The vacuum he left will be difficult to fill. Our special condolences go to his family, friends and associates all over the world. May Allah forgive him his mistakes and grant him Aljannah firdausi. Amin.
http://leadership.ng/columns/377348/umaru-dikko

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by finallytalking: 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
He should be outlining his methods and means not his integrity which will not stand very close scrutiny...you are even articulating the issues better than his team, they are at a loss, they know the battle will be difficult especially with the caliber of people around him. This story about fighting corruption is all hogwash.
Re: Do You Think Buhari Has The Intelligence To Fight Corruption? by 123pdp45678: 12:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
let us not disturb our life with this man MGB. We all know he can not deliver on his promises of fighting corruption. Nigerians the way they are looting lagos and other APC STATE money that is how they want to loot NIGERIAN money also. We must stop them now by voting GEJ.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Jonathan, Military Chiefs In Secret Visit To Maiduguri / What Are Their Intentions Toward February Election, Good Or Bad? / How Has Gej’s Phd & Sambo’s Architecture Certificate Changed Nigeria? – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.