Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships (18476 Views)

Friends To The End: Making Your Friendships Work / How Do People Sustain Friendships? / A Woman Who Disguised As A Man For 43 Years To Feed Family Is Honoured In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by nickvanilla(m): 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
Nice piece! Today someone who I once called a friend took my phone and called for a very long time almost draining my credit.I didn't scream but simply demanded he quickly bring the call to a conclusion.simple matter dat should have ended there he took to another level calling me a proud arrogant,stingy dude.I was quite shocked at how irrational he could act.some folks sha.

1 Like

Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Blankstare(m): 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2015
I used to see a signature here on nairaland that says: 'WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR ,IF NOT FOR INCONVIENIENCES'
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Eillo(m): 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2015
Empero1:
I for one , I have got no friend and I have no regret in doing so , because in 3 separate occasions in the cause of my life existence so far , I have tried to have one , but in each of the occasions , it turned out that anyone you assumed to be a friend is literally the vicious person in ones life ... pretenders , hypocrites , perfidies , snitches , snoopers .

As the saying goes " too much of familiarity breeds contempt " . And the wall that separates one and his/her neighbors is the bond that hold any cordial relationship in existence between both , because once the wall is pulled down , the cordial relationship will die a natural death . Thus far , I have and recognize the following list of people in my life :

- Family
- Relatives
- Kins Men
- Mentors
- Proteges
- Associates
- Acquaintances

Meanwhile , from my experience also , I can testify that after Family , the next most productive set of people in ones life are the " Mentors " , Associates and Proteges " . The moment you select these sets of people wisely , progress is assured . In all , God is the rock and ultimate decider of our fate , so all glory to Him .

I would say don't give up on friendship just yet. friendship can be wonderful. I know this for a fact because when I make a mental list of the blessings in my life I have to count friendship in the top five.

it's unfortunate that you have had nasty experiences but I believe that if u can be a good friend, then surely there will be others like you.

Trust me genuine friendship can be refreshing and inspiring. and yes, it exists!
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Infomizer(m): 6:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
Nice work op!
Anyone can be my friend, but that's stage 1.
I've known some folks since I was a kid but they've not been as impactful in my life as some people I've met in less than a year. Such impactful people are more than friends to me. They're family. They're blood! And they're definitely thicker than water. They occupy the apex of my relationship pyramid.

For someone like me that can go the whole 10 yards for people, I appreciate someone that can go half of that for me. But in this crazy world, people will gladly take all you've got to offer and give nothing in return. When you find that microscopic few that do, put them for family zone o!

That said, as the op had already said, any association that isn't making you a better person should be cut off!

1 Like

Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Infomizer(m): 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
nickvanilla:
Nice piece! Today someone who I once called a friend took my phone and called for a very long time almost draining my credit.I didn't scream but simply demanded he quickly bring the call to a conclusion.simple matter dat should have ended there he took to another level calling me a proud arrogant,stingy dude.I was quite shocked at how irrational he could act.some folks sha.

I can relate. I've got peeps who will readily label you 'stingy' anytime they can't get something from you! Peeves me like crazy!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
tpiaobsession:

didnt want to mention it.

maybe he (?) needs to rephrase.
Yea what am sayin is dt deres two sides to evry friendship,most times opposites complement each oda,dts y u will see a womanizer bein frnds with a cool straightforward guy,dt doesnt mean d cool guy has any right to say the womanizer doesnt deserve d friendship,lyk mynd44 said. We all benefit one way or d oda from bein frnds with pple.
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by nickvanilla(m): 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
Infomizer:

I can relate. I've got peeps who will readily label you 'stingy' anytime they can't get something from you! Peeves me like crazy!!!!!!

Sure it does.if you don't oblige,they'll be like "I know who you are", "this is how you normally behave".
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by tpiaobsession: 7:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
fabiano09:

Yea what am sayin is dt deres two sides to evry friendship,most times opposites complement each oda,dts y u will see a womanizer bein frnds with a cool straightforward guy,dt doesnt mean d cool guy has any right to say the womanizer doesnt deserve d friendship,lyk mynd44 said. We all benefit one way or d oda from bein frnds with pple.

true, such types of friendships are more common with men- you can sometimes see a womanizer being friends with a straightforward guy (fairly rare though, comparatively speaking), but women tend to prefer having people they share traits and habits with, as friends.
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by obowunmi(m): 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
I don't have friends.
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
tpiaobsession:

true, such types of friendships are more common with men- you can sometimes see a womanizer being friends with a straightforward guy (fairly rare though, comparatively speaking), but women tend to prefer having people they share traits and habits with, as friends.
Thats quite true,very true infact. Now you said it i think i understand sumtin now. But female relationships are mostly passive-dominant,one clearly dominates yle d oda learns or adore d oda one,say in d form of a mentor. And also quasi-styled.
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by STENON(f): 9:14pm On Jan 16, 2015
Friends.....Hmmmm........Not in this world again....... !!
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Mickey7(m): 9:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
remsonik:
No friends no worries......my mom's sermon to me on new year day is to start making friends but I have tried it and there's so much backstabbing, gossip and hate. I only have acquaintances.
I love my life, my laptop is my best friend!
and so in the typical nairaland fashion everyone comes here claiming "the victim",the good guy grin smh
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Mickey7(m): 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
I don't know...I am not easily influenced by friends.I do what I want,when I want and because I want to.You don't have to do everything a friend says or be everything your friend is...#Mytake smiley
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by chrisviral(m): 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
Sorry but I beg to differ
I think the beauty to this life lies with friends, the good ones, the thieves, the back stabbers, the ones that want to spend your money at any given time, the ones that advice you e.t.c.

My point is, if you keep distancing yourself on the excuse of quality not quantity, wrong influence and whatever your reasons they be, believe me you will miss out on the best of friends!
That thief in your street might be your most valued best friend, all he needs is one or two brush ups and direction and his good to go!

I love them Friends, I have a battalion of them, some I don't call in ages, but when I see them, Oh how wonderful it feels!
Abeg Friends rock! Can't imagine a life with just good boring friends exactly like me, no need them mixed up personalities and learn a lot about life!

I met a wonderful, bestest friend here on Nairaland!!!!!!!!!!
Dalu nu!
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by professore(m): 10:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
U tried
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by DollyParton1(f): 11:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
SirShymex:
I don't like the word "friendship" - I prefer brotherhood/la-familia of like minded and loyal people.

There are too many snakes and disloyal opportunists out there, for folks to still be dealing with "friendship" in the present consciousness.

Regardless, nice write-up, eleojo23.

Thank God you stopped dreaming about future wife. We're yet to recover from MLK's dream that became a nightmare, we don't need more dreamers. grin

I started reading this comment without checking the moniker. Then I noticed SirShymex written all over it. And I wasn't wrong when I checked. I think I live in ur head now. tongue tongue
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Spydamannn(m): 12:14am On Jan 17, 2015
Mynd44:
I think we can also call people who are not good friends friends. Reason being that I have a friend who goes against everything I stand for and is not really the type of person I will call a friend but I choose to be around the person not because I try to change the person or try to learn the person's ways but because through the person I can learn how not to treat friends who deserve it.

Sure the person does not deserve the friendship I give but I give it anyway because in showing the person a new level of friendship, I also show myself
word
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 17, 2015
DollyParton1:

I started reading this comment without checking the moniker. Then I noticed SirShymex written all over it. And I wasn't wrong when I checked. I think I live in ur head now. tongue tongue

Now, this is interesting. tongue

Erm, this is a love story, this is how it starts. Maybe down the line, I'll grab you by ya arm. Take you for a walk in the park on a hot summer afternoon. Kiss you on ya lips and forehand. And ask you to tell me what you think is on my mind. tongue
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by babygirlfl: 2:26am On Jan 17, 2015
SirShymex:

Erm, this is a love story, this is how it starts. Maybe down the line, I'll grab you by ya arm. Take you for a walk in the park on a hot summer afternoon. Kiss you on ya lips and forehand. And ask you to tell me what you think is on my mind. tongue

Closely following the love story.
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 17, 2015
babygirlfl:

Closely following the love story.

Lol, I'm just clowning around.

Those are lyrics from a rap freestyle I made in Uni back in the day (posted it on NL a few times in the past) with a few remix. grin

The real lyrics: This is a love story, this is how it starts. Maybe down the line, I'll grab you by ya arm and take you down the aisle. grin

1 Like

Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by babygirlfl: 2:57am On Jan 17, 2015
Nice thread op.

I have had both good and bad friends. Yes they are friends who are back stabbers, hypocrites and those who are just there for what they can get from you but there are also good friends who will treat you better than a family will.
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by DollyParton1(f): 3:08am On Jan 17, 2015
SirShymex:

[i]Erm, this is a love story, this is how it starts. Maybe down the line, I'll grab you by ya arm. Take you for a walk in the park on a hot summer afternoon. Kiss you on ya lips and forehand. And ask you to tell me what you think is on my mind tongue
I see all the pun... intended and unintended, outright and hidden too. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Nobody: 3:36am On Jan 17, 2015
DollyParton1:

I see all the pun... intended and unintended, outright and hidden too. tongue tongue tongue

Lol, now I feel like Big Pun. grin

Boricua morena, oye mi canto. tongue

I paid for 'em batty, it's mine it's mine, yano. tongue grin
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by cococandy(f): 6:54am On Jan 17, 2015
In my experience friends can turn to enemies overnight for inexplicable reasons leaving you flabbergasted.

But moving on sweet die. cheesy

Only a few friends have I manged to maintain from childhood until now and I value them tremendously because of how far we've come.
But if they fvck up too angry , moving on. Life is sweet.

Losing friends hurt but I've learned it is not the end of the world like I used to think it was.
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by DollyParton1(f): 10:16am On Jan 17, 2015
SirShymex:

Lol, now I feel like Big Pun. grin

Boricua morena, oye mi canto. tongue

I paid for 'em batty, it's mine it's mine, yano. tongue grin

Boricua morena, oye mi canto.... really? Wrong audience here man..
Nah!!! Your broke ass can't afford my batty even at it flatest state....... tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by krystal101(f): 10:57am On Jan 17, 2015
Hmmmm... Very deep. Lovely write up OP. I've had terrible experiences, but lemme share the latest. I have 2neighbours am close to. We're all married. I did my trads some years back, so wen we moved to our 2nd apartment I met them. It took my mom who came for omugwo to see thru dem, she said I should be careful. So I called 1 & told her cos we're both spiritualy on dsame level. That's when she opened up & said I should forgive. How d 3rd lady slanders me, how she said I feel like I have so much. I noticed dt everytime we buy something new, b4 I know it she finds a way to get money & buy or does thesame thing too...
I cherish my childhood friends, nothing or no one like them
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by eleojo23: 11:15am On Jan 17, 2015
krystal101:

I cherish my childhood friends, nothing or no one like them
Yeah. Nothing like good childhood friends with whom you've done a lot of things together.

1 Like

Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
SirShymex:
I don't like the word "friendship" - I prefer brotherhood/la-familia of like minded and loyal people.

There are too many snakes and disloyal opportunists out there, for folks to still be dealing with "friendship" in the present consciousness.

Regardless, nice write-up, eleojo23.

Thank God you stopped dreaming about future wife. We're yet to recover from MLK's dream that became a nightmare, we don't need more dreamers. grin

Hahahaha...very funny. Eleojo, is it true? Lols
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
DollyParton1:

Boricua morena, oye mi canto.... really? Wrong audience here man..
Nah!!! Your broke ass can't afford my batty even at it flatest state....... tongue tongue tongue tongue

Lol, now that's a nice punchline there. grin

I don't need to blow my trumpet for paigons to know that the young Ijebu merchant is about the dead president. Money ain't a thang, and I love the Queen in pinky. But my money is a bigot - it doesn't mess with flat batty. Shiit, I might put some extra Ds on it, make it look like Deelishis' - call it my flavour of love. And get it insured like JLo's. tongue grin

If this goes over ya head as well - I'll go berserk. grin
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by DollyParton1(f): 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
SirShymex:

Lol, now that's a nice punchline there. grin

I don't need to blow my trumpet for paigons to know that the young Ijebu merchant is about the dead president. Money ain't a thang, and I love the Queen in pinky. But my money is a bigot - it doesn't mess with flat batty. Shiit, I might put some extra Ds on it, make it look like Deelishis' - call it my flavour of love. And get it insured like JLo's. tongue grin

If this goes over ya head as well - I'll go berserk. grin

Ok.... undecided undecided undecided
After all your rapping and singing like someone making an advert jingles..... I will say it the Nigerian way "Your money na audio, we just dey hear am, we no dey see am"

2 Likes

Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by DollyParton1(f): 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
cococandy:
In my experience friends can turn to enemies overnight for inexplicable reasons leaving you flabbergasted.

But moving on sweet die. cheesy

Only a few friends have I manged to maintain from childhood until now and I value them tremendously because of how far we've come.
But if they fvck up too angry , moving on. Life is sweet.

Losing friends hurt but I've learned it is not the end of the world like I used to think it was.
This sums it up for me.
Only addition is that, most of my enemyship (if there is anything like that cheesy cheesy) actually stemed from former friendships.
Re: Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
DollyParton1:

Ok.... undecided undecided undecided
After all your rapping and singing like someone making an advert jingles..... I will say it the Nigerian way "Your money na audio, we just dey hear am, we no dey see am"

Lol, jingles is when you're explicit. But when you use metaphors and similes, that's ghosting. tongue

You don't see things online, you get in real world to get a picture-perfect view. And as long as you can twerk that thang, I'll spray some dollar bills on it like the naija party. grin tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? / Pls I Need A Nice Yoruba Name 4 Baby Boy! / Baby Musa Playing In New Pictures, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.