Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women (23377 Views)

Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan / MEND Leader, Henry Okah Was Paid To Assassinate Me - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 9:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
BlackHuman:
Who knows Perhaps GEJ is the one who actually pounds the Yam for Patience....You can never tell; he could be dat weak.
pounding yam is a man's work. It is not a sign of weakness but a sign of physical strength as the job is energy consuming

1 Like

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by Eziachi: 9:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
dunkem21:
GEJ nailed it. Teaching the opposition politics and common sense since 19kporodom.

Women has benefited the most, been appreciated the most and have performed credibly well in GEJ's administration. He has always maintained the male/female quota in employment opportunities. cheesy

He is more tolerable, open and kind hearted towards the women folk and he has every right to woo the women. wink Check his programs on women empowerment in Agriculture.

Every babe likes Jonathan. shocked Bobo get swag and charisma. shocked

I lie? grin
How many of those women represent the person of your wife, mother, sister, niece, cousin? Or are they not part of Nigeria women?
How on earth does giving handful of privilege women from privilege husbands and fathers jobs translate into empowerment of women?

3 Likes

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by daey118(m): 9:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
Yeske2:
I really need to start taking the brand of ogogoro that makes this guy high, is it shepe, monkey tail, paraga or which?
either ori malu..or soku dalaye ...or both mixed...iam surethats it
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by spankyflex(m): 9:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
BlackHuman:
Who knows Perhaps GEJ is the one who actually pounds the Yam for Patience....You can never tell; he could be dat weak.
so pounding yam for your wife depicts weakness?

2 Likes

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by Eziachi: 9:23pm On Jan 13, 2015
kevoh:
Anyone who watched the PDP rally live would understand while he made such comment. It had something to do with women and the benevolent acts of their various NGOs. But I guess the media has a way of painting everything bad.
Why does his words always requires interpretation to be understood?
Each time he spoke, what follows is always what he meant was this.
So he cannot make himself understood without having self made mind readers like you having to tell me what he meant?

3 Likes

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by wellmax(m): 9:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
The best way to campaign for GMB is to give GEJ the microphone.

1 Like

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by MERS(m): 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
PEREP:
Seun, you really need to include age bracket (like 10-18, 19 - 25)on Nairalanders profile to understand/assess many comments objectively.

There is a 'Women Liberation' happening in Nigeria and whether you like it or not, every man is designed to overcome a stage with an opportunity in that area.

Today, Nigerian women are getting liberated from just 'a baby making machine' to anindependent minded, a voice and a force to be reckoned with in our polity.

I will salute any leader thinking along that line. Check out on Nat. Geography site for a documentary on 'Events that make the 80s' to understand what we are having now.

This government for me has given voicee to many (Women, Youths and even the elderly) and we can see what this is bringing to our politics. For the first time, we got an opposition (Viable), we got a FOI bill, we got a chance to challenge a ssitting president, we got Freedom of Speech before, during and after the speech.

GEJ will forever be known for the cutting edge in the transformation of our national life.

Is it the sickness using your keyboard?
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by kevoh(m): 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
Eziachi:
Why does his words always requires interpretation to be understood?
Each time he spoke, what follows is always what he meant was this.
So he cannot make himself understood without having self made mind readers like you having to tell me what he meant?
If you watched the program live you won't be making this statement.Dude made sense about Women empowerment before the 'Pounded Yam' phrase but I guess negativity rules the day.Anyway, I am neither Pro-GEJ nor Pro-GMB, so you can make of that what you will.

1 Like

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by baybiemee: 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
What exactly does that mean. He is really grasping at straws. So desperate now.
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
bayulll01:
am who is this useless saTanist,I bet u are pained,you and your useless president sound the same,if u like you can go and hang yourself,and let me give u a message to your useless president,Tell him he is the most stupiid president in the history of nigeria

i can guess you entire family is a failure because non can attain the height of a local government chairman

all you pdp and apc supporters are g.oats

1 Like

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by Amya(f): 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
stpat1:

My dear, whats smart abt what he said? We are talking about serious economic issues he is talking about women not pounding yam. is that his own manifesto?

The place of women in our society is a very serious issue.
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:

Who's the angel you don't know? Buhari?

Oh please.

FYI I love Nigeria a lot. Buhari won't make it better. It is as simple as that.

You should have contested. I would have voted for you above the two of them.
mehn you are funny grin grin...now that u are presented with two Devils,you should vote for a better devil
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by dre11(m): 9:48pm On Jan 13, 2015
ogene007:

[s]Please, go and check the 1999 constitution properly before coming here to argue what you don't know. The hausa/fulani constitution which is popularly called the 1999 constitution, which they are not interested in amending, was packaged in readiness for an islamic extremist president to come and implement all the islamic provisions in that constitution. This is why we have maintained that this election has nothing to do with GEJ's performance or non performance, but on the need to implement full sharia, which has been expressly provided for in that evil constitution. It may interest you to know that OBJ, Yaradua, and GEJ all chose to keep those aspects of the constitution as silent as possible, but the Jihadists, GMB and APC, who are receiving funding from saudi arabia, are simply waiting to come in and fulfill the dream of the sinister forces who influenced the drafting of that constitution. God forbid that these forces of evil will prevail in Nigeria. By the grace and mercies of God, GEJ will win the elections overwhelmingly[/s].

That's what they keep telling us every 4 years

Where is ur prove that those Islamic countries are funding them
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:
pounding yam is a man's work. It is not a sign of weakness but a sign of physical strength as the job is energy consuming

lol i swear even if you nor like GEJ, you believe yam pounding is not a women job
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by dominique(f): 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
So if we don't cook and have kids for our husbands, who will Housemaid and/or prostitutes? undecided

Someone should tell GEJ that cooking and having kids for your husband does not degrade the woman in anyway. He should look for another angle to project pro-feminism. Who are the people advising this guy sef? undecided

5 Likes

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by PStacks(m): 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:
actually yes

CÓme-on mehn! @cococandy . U doÑt waÑt ur husband pounding yam for u na.. Do you?

This is Africa ooo
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by femi4: 10:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
Amya:
A smart man! unlike some chauvinist males that flooded this post.

A woman is not a slave! She has brains and has much use in the society. Her life role should not revolve around pounding yams and making babies, but much much more. Women should be empowered to complete the bigger picture of the society.

How hard is it to grasp this message APC chauvinists! What do you guys gain by always trying to twist the simple truth!
He doesn't sound smart for a PhD holder. "Women are not meant to be seen in the kitchen alone" is more appropriate

1 Like

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by wirinet(m): 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
How is yam pounding by women a campaign issue? Are women complaining that men are forcing them to pound yam? or is yam pounding a manifesto of APC?
There is hardly any working class or business woman that physically pound yam for her husband or even herself. Even city housewives do not bother ponding yam. The decision of who to pound yam lies with the family and not the president. The president cannot direct all Nigerian women to stop pounding yam.

Also about Baby factory. The decison to have babies, how many babies and not to have babies at all does not lie with the president but the individual Nigerian families. So i do not understand how this can be a campaign issue.

If Patience cannot give Goodluck children, that is their personal problem, it has nothing to do with Nigerian women in general.

4 Likes

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 10:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ipledge:
mehn you are funny grin grin...now that u are presented with two Devils,you should vote for a better devil
Yea
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 10:12pm On Jan 13, 2015
PStacks:

CÓme-on mehn! @cococandy . U doÑt waÑt ur husband pounding yam for u na.. Do you?

This is Africa ooo
yea I do. That is If we must eat hand-pounded yam. Otherwise there is yam flour or you use food processor.

See why I love GEJ Small?
At least his sense dey reach that side wink cheesy
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by Amya(f): 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
femi4:
He doesn't sound smart for a PhD holder. "Women are not meant to be seen in the kitchen alone" is more appropriate

You do know exactly what he was trying to pass across
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by femi4: 10:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
Amya:

You do know exactly what he was trying to pass across
Yes, but most time he lacks presentation. Not acceptable from him, especially now that election campaign is on going .
Such utterances makes your points so weak

1 Like

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:

Yea
team Buhari,believe me Gej is not supposed to campaign.he failed as the c-in-c of the arm forces and as the president
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by popcykaylah(m): 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2015
this guy showing his cluelessness more and more..talking like a primary school student !chai!!!he's not talking about those dead.the bad state of Nigeria's economy or the stealing at hand?rather he's yarning crap...fool of the century

1 Like

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by ireneidiva(f): 10:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
berem:
No wonder patience does not pound yam for you. She must be a bad cook.

Mtscheeew!
You expect that elderly lady to pound yam? Smh. Bitterness kills!
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by ireneidiva(f): 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
dominique:
So if we don't cook and have kids for our husbands, who will Housemaid and/or prostitutes? undecided

Someone should tell GEJ that cooking and having kids for your husband does not degrade the woman in anyway. He should look for another angle to project pro-feminism. Who are the people advising this guy sef? undecided
When all you do is cook and have kids, its degrading jor!
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by Vikky014(f): 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
shizzle11:
Just look at one of the FOOLS i talked about. With all these grammatical blunders and very poor punctuations, i am sure you are one of those that call PEJ names. IDDIOTT.

However i'll be kind enough to lecture you for free for the bolded:

her-his
vogue-vague
ultrances-utterances
he's-his
hahahaha
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by yemivictor: 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:

Please what of the task of preparing Amala or Fufu? I believe it is also energy consuming.

Truth is, Jonah should do his job of building the economy and many more families would be able to hire chefs, eat out more and even be able to choose from a wider variety of foods.

He has been in office for 6 years and should be campaigning on his achievements not attacking the opposition all the time.

1 Like

Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by Talibanis: 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2015
Hahahaha.....this man never seems to amaze me. First it was with the issue of "I once have no shoes" now this. Frustration at its peak. At least he has to go down after a good fight. grin grin grin
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ipledge:
team Buhari,believe me Gej is not supposed to campaign.he failed as the c-in-c of the arm forces and as the president
na you sabi. For me neither but if I must choose,then GEJ
Re: ”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 10:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
I don't know how Amala is done so I Can't say.
Making fufu especially if in large quantities is a man's job.
That's stuff gat to be hard mehn. So spare us the stress so we use the energy to make soup grin

So this campaign thread son turn kitchen ehn? Ok

yemivictor:

Please what of the task of preparing Amala or Fufu? I believe it is also energy consuming.

Truth is, Jonah should do his job of building the economy and many more families would be able to hire chefs, eat out more and even be able to choose from a wider variety of foods.

He has been in office for 6 years and should be campaigning on his achievements not attacking the opposition all the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari / Magu Unveils EFCC Football Club / Rivers State LG Poll ; Election Without Voters. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.