Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,351 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" (823 Views)

Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets / Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters / Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" by olaweey: 8:27am On Jan 14, 2015
resident Jonathan and Gov Babatubde Fashola of Lagos
According to him, “He is in his 50s, I am also in my 50s, and we appear to be, because I don’t even want to join that generation because my own generation has not failed, I have done well on my job and I am proud to say so. If he has failed, let him account for himself, he should not join us”.

Fashola described the present administration as “A failed government that has lost total focus. Seven years ago, they started with Vision 2020 but later they said that they are transforming. And all these have yielded no result. And that was why they have stopped working.

On Boko Haram
He lamented that the situation in the North-East region of the country was pathetic because citizens have become refugees in their father land due to the inability of the present administration to tame the Boko Haram insurgency.

“And rather than the President using the recent campaign in Lagos to gain the support of the citizens the president was busy telling you they tried to kill him four years ago and we did not know. That is a serious national security issue because nobody wants our Commander in Chief dead. If anybody tries to kill him, we should have known. And if I was Commander in Chief, and the person who tries to kill me is in a South African jail, I will ask that he should be repatriated to Nigeria to come and face punishment.

“He (Jonathan) also claimed that General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) didn’t buy arms in 1985. And after Buhari left office, the Nigeria army got recognition for their role in protecting West Africa and was the guns bought 30 years ago be effective to fight today’s insurgency.”

Fashola added that President Jonathan made the statements to gain the sympathy of the electorate and woo them ahead of the presidential election.

He said: “In 2011, it was no shoes, now he is saying they tried to kill him, it won’t work this time. This time it is the job record, the promise that you must look at”.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" by eleko1: 8:29am On Jan 14, 2015
cheesy.On Point Gov Fashola.I suggest that the slowpoke,crook Jona doctorate degree cert be withdraw.The man is bereft of commonsensical.Vote the kindergarten Nut out of Aso Rock sad angry
Re: Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" by midolian(m): 8:32am On Jan 14, 2015
Good one frm Fashola

God bless nigeria real good..

With GMB
Re: Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" by ggrin(f): 8:34am On Jan 14, 2015

grin
cheesy
lipsrsealed
undecided
Re: Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" by thaoriginator: 8:40am On Jan 14, 2015
H
Re: Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" by thaoriginator: 8:41am On Jan 14, 2015
Imagine the fooler saying his a failure. He just mumu to the bone!
Re: Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" by eleko1: 8:42am On Jan 14, 2015
tongue embarassed grin Mixed reactions
ggrin:

grin
cheesy
lipsrsealed
undecided
We have a confused president
Re: Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" by Flets: 8:43am On Jan 14, 2015
Six Reasons to Vote GEJ

1) Consolidate on the agricultural policy - If all we can achieve in the next 4 years is feed ourselves alone without significant import, it would be equivalent to 31 trillion naira per annum assuming 500 naira per day for 170 million Nigerians for 365 days. That is a massive market with mighty potentials for wealth to average Nigerians and significant employment.

2) Sustain the automobile policies - With five car assembly plants nearing completion as at Dec 2014 and another 10 targeting completion by Dec 2015. We can commence and sustain car assembly. By 2017, the car manufacturers will commence manufacturing of the spare parts in-country. and with the re-invigoration within the power sector and ajaokuta steel plant, this industry will be the soul of manufacturing in the whole of Africa. Nigeria will become a car export country for the region in the next 5 to 6 years

3) Ensure continuity on power roadmap en-route constant power - Nigeria is few years to constant power, with lots of power plants nearing completion already, the ongoing gas assembly plant in Delta state, the ongoing investment by the private investors and the bids in hand for foreign competitors that will be introduced in 2016 .... we cannot afford to distort any of these ongoing plans. The story about constant power will soon be history

4) Ensure true democracy is further entrenched into our society. 4 more years of freedom of speech/ information and free/ fair elections will deepen our democracy for better years. Autocracy, intimidation, press bondage and unfair elections will be alien to us come 2019. And any government afterwards can only continue or better the process because the foundations would have fully solidified

5) Ensure that our infrastructures get the desired attention including our roads, railways, airports etc and sustained for the long term. Ensure that the oil and gas sector is deregulated through removal of subsidy to allow private sector participation with the consequent emergence of numerous refineries and petrochemical industries. Continue set up of the right institutions to fight corruption like the e-wallet system for fertilizer scam, biometric registration for ghost workers scam, pension reforms for pension scam etc.

6) Ensure that our northern brethren get some education through a sustained alamajiri education system. This will further make them productive and less vulnerable to violence and destruction

SIX Reasons not to vote Buhari

1) It will be a blow on our democracy that we distort a pleasant Nigeria future for a man who ended our nascent democracy 30 years ago

2) The name Buhari is globally associated with Dog, baboon, blood, sharia crusade, death, anarchy, coup plotting, tribal high handedness etc and this cannot be the best fit for Nigeria in 2015

3) The man Buhari has not shown any plan for Nigeria, so far its been a campaign of paying 5000 naira to 25 million Nigerians which is totally laidback and unsustainable. Stabilizing crude oil prices by buhari as promised is also not possible. Feeding the school children is not sustainable and not what Nigeria needs at the moment..... No concrete plans for the Nigeria future

4) Unfortunately, a man that has Obj, Atiku, tinubu, Amaechi etc who have wrecked the Nigerian society as his support base cannot mean change in 2015. He cannot jail the hands that fed him meaning jailing by Buhari can only be sectional and based on favouritism. Buhari is also not open to setting up the right systems and institutions to make corruption in the various sectors almost impossible.

5) It will be a disgrace to Nigeria that a 72 year old retired general who showed open disdain to the Nigeria army for fighting Bokoharam and threw his weight behind bokoharam (
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/) will be the president of Nigeria where other nations are joining forces to fight terrorism all over the world

6) How can we have a president whose educational qualification is in contention in 2015? Would it have been easier and better if the requested certification is shown to the electorate?. Even if the certificate exists, calling the bluff of the electorate for whom you beg for their votes is the height of insensitivity on the part of the general at this time.... much more when he is power

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" by eleko1: 8:46am On Jan 14, 2015
sad cheesy grin cool grin cheesy grin grin sad grin
thaoriginator:
Imagine the fooler saying his a failure. He just mumu to the bone!
What else do u expect from a daft president? His PhD is a suspect jare
Re: Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" by ggrin(f): 8:50am On Jan 14, 2015
eleko1:
tongue embarassed grin Mixed reactions We have a confused president
smiley
wink
cheesy
grin
angry
sad
shocked
cool

tongue
embarassed
lipsrsealed
undecided
kiss
cry

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan-"you,not My Generation Failed" by thaoriginator: 9:20am On Jan 14, 2015
eleko1:
sad cheesy grin cool grin cheesy grin grin sad ;DWhat else do u expect from a daft president? His PhD is a suspect jare
na yeye school he go. They only tot dem how to catch cat fishes.. Buhari wit a nepa bill, get sense pass am

(1) (Reply)

Five Questions Obasanjo Asked Jonathan During Their Meeting In Abeokuta / Before Voting Buhari: Twenty Things History Teaches US By Kennedy Emetulu / SA Warned Against Fighting Boko Haram In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.