Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,969 members, 7,852,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:03 PM

7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) (32492 Views)

We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan / Reuben Abati Reveals Biggest Wars Jonathan Fought In Power / Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
Is the old day not better than now? What is the different?

Nctrice:
OP well said! You have time sha! All of this you have outlined are meant for the blind that can't tell the different between black and White! Buhari is old and he would do good by only taking us back to the bad old days!

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
Firefire:
[size=18pt]Only the people that can open their eyes will see that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan is the best that can happen to Nigeria at the moment and NOT any Octogenarian. [/size]

FOR THE LAST TIME:

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by hotwax: 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
J12:
Buhari is saying he will jail corrupt people, while forgetting that everybody surrounding him is corrupt, From Tinubu tio Amaechi

The corruption they perpetrated was not during his tenure.

This show Jonathan is a failure. All the mentioned above should be cooling off in prison talkless of doign election campaign.

It is Jonathan' fault
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by jaybee3(m): 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan may not be perfect. But he is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria. Call me anywhere I can defend it.

I would chose a man whose approach to solving corruption is centred on building systems checks and balances that makes it harder for corruption to take place.

Than a man who thinks jailing corrupt people is the most efficient way of solving corruption.

Which is cost effective during autesrity times, systems or robust policies?

You keep forgetting the same whole set of corrupt folks are going to be the ones setting up these systems.

Robust policies isn't just about jailing people, it's about encouraging whistle blowers, strenghtening our judicial systems by making sure they can't be compromised and of course allowing the law to come hard on any public officials found guilty as charged
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by bashydemy(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
@Op you might be right on your analysis, But where are the money? who are the 427 corrupt people arested and prosecuted are they ghost? Can you also tell us how much in trilion GEJ and his crook have embezzled so far? Please where is the $20b subsidy money, Where is farouk lawani, Where is Femi Otedola, Where is Stela Oduah, Where is the Billions realize from the Immigration scam and did he do anything about the death of the graduates? Where is Abba Moro that organize the exercise? The 10b naira jet scandal what did he do about it... so stop fooling yourself.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by shegsrules(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
For the election rigging u lie oo big time, that of anambra wasn't free at all, I was serving then in anambra n I bet u it wasn't fair at all. Massive rigging in favour of pdp for the presidential election cus apga adopted pdp, if u no collect money them go beat u well ontop d rigging as the election officer. If that of the anambra central senate election if no b say Ngige sabi d game pdp over rigged d election.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by IAMTHEHERO: 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
diluminati:

i dont live in that shithole called nigeria. it is a shame to my resident country to say power is improving and it sometimes goes off. what a shame, giant of africa my .....
What is this one saying,sef?What do you know about the power sector?what was the population of Nigeria in 1980,and how many cities,estates,industries were in Nigeria then?what is the population of Nigeria now?For instance now, Lagos state has extended into Ogun state -agbara,ibesie,mowe,shagamu etc,in the same way the power sector is being stretched.What have the successive governments in Nigeria did in that regard knowing fully well that as the population is increasing geometrically,it is stretching the power sector.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
He has done well. Let another hand try please. That what we want! CHANGE.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by clubone0501: 3:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
nonny001:

When transparency international said that Nigeria was the 2nd most corrupt country in the world, did you believe them? Yes

Now they say Nigeria is the 136th most transparent country in the world and you call it impressive on paper.

Well this is what i have to tell you. No matter what you see - or hear, if you don't want to see the truth, you won't. You've blocked your heart to reality. Why? i don't know.

bro...when it comes to rankings. ...its not just a factor of the country being ranked....ur ranking improving could mean the situation of other countries getting worse. ..While u are stagnant or even getting worse...

what is the effect on ground. ..where are the money saved being used.

any govt is a failure. ..I repeat. ..any govt APC or PDP..is a failure if...

no 24hrs power nation wide.
refineries are not working.

They are trying are for suckers...guy I aint no sucker!!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Rawani: 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
Eziachi:
Sycophants, how did he managed to solve the problems of ghost workers when he lives with one (his wife)?
Lived 365 permanent days in Abuja and gaining promotion/ permanent Secretary in Bayelsa. What is ghost working again.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by cococandy(f): 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
Firefire:
[size=18pt]Only the people that can open their eyes will see that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan is the best that can happen to Nigeria at the moment and NOT any Octogenarian. [/size]
if not Boko haram menace,GEJ's record would be almost 'relatively' sterling.

But the truth is a 21st century nation like Nigeria with her position and wealth should have crossed these levels we are celebrating now.

I only give him credit for trying.

Continuity is the problem. No incumbent continues from where they other stopped. If they did, our progression would have been a lot more improved now.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by BJ4REEL(m): 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sorry, try harder cos its clear that sensible Nigerians are tired of black and white LIES.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by PerfumeRepublik: 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Election corruption is the mother of all corruption - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

OBJ is the Father of the Mother of all corruption grin
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by nonny001(m): 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
Azo:

I marvel at ur idiocy. Quoting blogs for me as sources. You can never succeed in a grduate school if you attempt one. Of all the things u claimed were achieved by GEJ, they were at what expense? Spending $1m on project of $50k?

Like the idiot saying roads have been built, i am sure you think you are in Ghana else tou must be sleep walking.

I have 2 things to say to you...

1. Look at the sources again. Most of them are from popular newspapers... not blogs.

2. Please give us a source (even if it's a blog) that supports your claim on "Spending $1m on project of $50k".

4 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
Firefire:

[size=16pt]You should be able to give reasons for your statements instead of just claiming anything.

My eyes may be closed but my ears are all open so please give reasons. [/size]
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by cococandy(f): 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
Flets:
Six REASONS TO VOTE GEJ

1) Consolidate on the agricultural policy - If all we can achieve in the next 4 years is feed ourselves alone without significant import, it would be equivalent to 31 trillion naira per annum assuming 500 naira per day for 170 million Nigerians for 365 days. That is a massive market with mighty potentials for wealth to average Nigerians and significant employment.

2) Sustain the automobile policies - With five car assembly plants nearing completion as at Dec 2014 and another 10 targeting completion by Dec 2015. We can commence and sustain car assembly. By 2017, the car manufacturers will commence manufacturing of the spare parts in-country. and with the re-invigoration within the power sector and ajaokuta steel plant, this industry will be the soul of manufacturing in the whole of Africa. Nigeria will become a car export country for the region in the next 5 to 6 years

3) Ensure continuity on power roadmap en-route constant power - Nigeria is few years to constant power, with lots of power plants nearing completion already, the ongoing gas assembly plant in Delta state, the ongoing investment by the private investors and the bids in hand for foreign competitors that will be introduced in 2016 .... we cannot afford to distort any of these ongoing plans. The story about constant power will soon be history

4) Ensure true democracy is further entrenched into our society. 4 more years of freedom of speech/ information and free/ fair elections will deepen our democracy for better years. Autocracy, intimidation, press bondage and unfair elections will be alien to us come 2019. And any government afterwards can only continue or better the process because the foundations would have fully solidified 

5) Ensure that our infrastructures get the desired attention including our roads, railways, airports etc and sustained for the long term. Ensure that the oil and gas sector is deregulated through removal of subsidy to allow private sector participation with the consequent emergence of numerous refineries and petrochemical industries. Continue set up of the right institutions to fight corruption like the e-wallet system for fertilizer scam, biometric registration for ghost workers scam, pension reforms for pension scam etc.

6) Ensure that our northern brethren get some education through a sustained alamajiri education system. This will further make them productive and less vulnerable to violence and destruction

SEVEN REASONS I WILL NOT VOTE BUHARI

1) It will be a blow on our democracy that we distort a pleasant Nigeria future for a man who ended our nascent democracy 30 years ago

2) The name Buhari is globally associated with Dog, baboon, blood, sharia crusade, death, anarchy, coup plotting, tribal high handedness etc and this cannot be the best fit for Nigeria in 2015

3) The man Buhari has not shown any plan for Nigeria, so far its been a campaign of paying 5000 naira to 25 million Nigerians which is totally laidback and unsustainable. Stabilizing crude oil prices by buhari as promised is also not possible. Feeding the school children is not sustainable and not what Nigeria needs at the moment..... No concrete plans for the Nigeria future

4) Unfortunately, a man that has Obj, Atiku, tinubu, Amaechi etc who have wrecked the Nigerian society as his support base cannot mean change in 2015. He cannot jail the hands that fed him meaning jailing by Buhari can only be sectional and based on favouritism. Buhari is also not open to setting up the right systems and institutions to make corruption in the various sectors almost impossible. 

5) It will be a disgrace to Nigeria that a 72 year old retired general who showed open disdain to the Nigeria army for fighting Bokoharam and threw his weight behind bokoharam (http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/) will be the president of Nigeria where other nations are joining forces to fight terrorism all over the world

6) How can we have a president whose educational qualification is in contention in 2015? Would it have been easier and better if the requested certification is shown to the electorate?. Even if the certificate exists, calling the bluff of the electorate for whom you beg for their votes is the height of insensitivity on the part of the general at this time.... much more when he is power

7) In this period of Nigerian growth, we cannot go for uncertainties. Though I do not consider this a political point, but a reaction to a Buhari's presidency in the SS through resumed militancy will pull all our growths to a halt and the economic suffering will be unprecedented. Four more years under GEJ will ensure complete diversification of the economy through agriculture, automobile and oil&gas downstream after which an uprising in the SS will have minimal impact to the country's economy

4 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by wtfCode: 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
Gej till 2019.
F*ck 'failbuhari'.
Gej deserves a second chance,for any dicktards out there blabbing fabuhari,y'all surname will soon turn to 'failbuhari'...mark the damn word!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
Akanbiedu:

Shameless human beings always claiming credit for other peoples' effort. These two, amongst others, is a result of Yar'adua's systematic approach to fighting corruption. In fact, the system approach is solely Yar'aduas idea.
you are a fool

3 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Matthewbriggs(m): 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
jaybee3:

Which is cost effective during autesrity times, systems or robust policies?

You keep forgetting the same whole set of corrupt folks are going to be the ones setting up these systems.

Robust policies isn't just about jailing people, it's about encouraging whistle blowers, strenghtening our judicial systems by making sure they can't be compromised and of course allowing the law to come hard on any public officials found guilty as charged

I would answer this question on a thread I am currently cooking up.

wink
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by nonny001(m): 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
diluminati:

i dont live in that shithole called nigeria. it is a shame to my resident country to say power is improving and it sometimes goes off. what a shame, giant of africa my .....

Well, the journey of a thousand miles starts with a step. At least now, we are close to the promised land. Thank God for our MOSES... GEJ

5 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by jaybee3(m): 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

I would answer this question on a thread I am currently cooking up.

wink

Aii bro
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Etruth: 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
Chai, OP !!! Dia ris godu ooo.

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by dougivilla(m): 4:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
holatin:
those Igbos or Christian supporting buhari too are blind by religion and tribe too abi

i marvel at your mumuness

buhari for equality
buhari for change
And exactly how many Hausa/Foolanis are supporting GEJ. They are the once blinded by religion and Tribe and not the liberal southerners. You hear, wise one?

4 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by igeolink: 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
dejisky:

You must be one of the beneficiary of all these baseless achievements that has no direct or indirect impact on common citizen.
Where is my N1000 for Nig immigration scam.
something they gave u back and u used it for ur BIS...Haba Dejisky b sincere n truthful na..
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Dammyjohn(m): 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
Omo!Mr President don fight curruption beyound normaloooo.No wonder some people especially APC members and supporters are enemies of Mr president.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
which free and fair...wey INEC dey share pdp money that all corpers collected. the money was even more than corpers allowee. Some corpers even got as much as fifty K. Abeg, firsthand, honest xtian account. 2011 elections were anything, but free and fair in Niger state. That's why some NYSC members lost their lives in 2011, and some corpers were almost burnt alive in Minna lodge. But the presido is just a liar, as he lied on CNN 2 years ago

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
Eziachi:
Sycophants, how did he managed to solve the problems of ghost workers when he lives with one (his wife)?
Lived 365 permanent days in Abuja and gaining promotion/ permanent Secretary in Bayelsa. What is ghost working again.

I understand some people refer you as an elder in this forum and I also want you to know an elder who does not respect himself, will be insulted. How there you call someone a sycophants for airing his view?

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Dzabinchi(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
diluminati:
[size=18pt]It looks sweet when it is written on paper. But the reality on Ground is that Nigeria is in a shithole than ever before. Nigerians are getting poorer, while the propaganda on paper only benefits the thieving elites. Is that Progression? No![/size]
God go bless your papa.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
The people who are clamouring for change from apc are likely to be people whose parents, relatives, or friends were either the ghost workers, fertilizer thieves and the criminals charged by EFCC. Even a blind man can feel the transformation of the GED led administration. I can understand the pain and frustration of these anti GEJ buharists. In order to feel fresh air, the air waves must be fumigated. GEJ came in and fumigated the air and in the course of that, killed alot of pests and rodents (APC e-rats) hence their cry for change by a sick scare-crow cattle rearer.

GEJ till Buhari provides his original certificates

3 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by hensben(m): 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
J12:
Nigerians prefer the Buhari style. They want to see people in prison, forgetting that their parents and uncles might also go to jail.
ehen? so jail is made for youth abi...with the way some of una take dey reason dey baffle me
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Lisaflex(f): 4:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
So true!!! GEJ over Buhari anytym,any day

2 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by ganye1: 4:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
HugeMac:
but naira is falling and price of most food commodities remain constant , You are not articulate my friend ,and I don't expect you to be
The reason food prices remain constant despite Naira falling is simple; it is because this is a harvest season for most food crops. By the way I'm not talking about food prices what I'm saying the so-called e-wallet is a scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Endsars Protest In Benin City Today Friday.../10/2020 / Drama In Kogi Police Command As Incoming CP Flee Without Taking Over / Bola Tinubu With Officials Of APC UK Chapter In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.