Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:20 AM

7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) (32488 Views)

We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan / Reuben Abati Reveals Biggest Wars Jonathan Fought In Power / Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by pitoski(m): 5:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
This is the most impressive and enlightening post I have read since this new yr. @ Op thanks for the good work. Infact i am going to post it on my blog. Nigerians need to know that this humble man GEJ has really achieved at salvaging this country from the many yrs of misrule. I have always supported the subsidy right from onset, now i am personally seeing its reward. Most nigerians want Nigeria to be like America in 6 yrs, but is not possible. Surely through GEJ and the likes we will get there shorter than I expected. #teamTransformationContinues #GEJ till 2019.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by mfm04622: 5:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
Those praising this present govt for privatizing PHCN have conveniently forgotten the work done by previous govts on privatizing the company. PHCN was broken into 3 (Distribution, transmission and generation), each side were further broken down into different companies. these were done by previous govts.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by nonny001(m): 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
jaybee3:

Which is cost effective during autesrity times, systems or robust policies?

You keep forgetting the same whole set of corrupt folks are going to be the ones setting up these systems.

Robust policies isn't just about jailing people, it's about encouraging whistle blowers, strenghtening our judicial systems by making sure they can't be compromised and of course allowing the law to come hard on any public officials found guilty as charged

"Unfortunately, the federal government (A.k.a the executive) has very
limited power over the judiciary (the 3rd arm of government).

Despite that, President Jonathan has continued to use “advocacy” to
push for the sanitization of the judiciary."

- Anthony Obuegbe, [url]exploreanthonyobuegbe..com[/url]

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Miscellaneous(m): 5:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
diluminati:

Please take your rumblings to the bird. What would you expect from a government that has been lieing to us on a constant basis? even lies every acknowledge are lies? propaganda by okupe, reno, abati etc? PDP rats are very good and crafty liars.

stop spewing trash as if buhari or any leader wont do this. Buhari will do worse ....
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by pitoski(m): 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
DWJOBScom:
Things we never knew or heard cos APC has bought all the media houses BUT the conservative minds sees and in the midst of the noise will speak thru his or her voter's card...........

APC has bought most media houses especially Sharia Sahara Reporters.

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Jesusloveyou: 5:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
I just dey laugh,so this is how to fight corruption.were i see corruption every where.in every street of nigeria,did he also computerise d corruption in d street as he computerise civil service?corruption!corruption!!corruption,yet civil servant don't leave on their salaries,pple who don't work,build houses,buy cars etc.d money alone,gej,pej,senators,ministers and others are wasting,u don't count that as corruption.are they all leaving on their salaries?on a more serious note,where is maina and subsidy thieves? for now,buhari for 2015.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by dokyOloye: 5:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
or may
lukecent:

If you don't have enough to eat it's either you're not working hard or you're lazy. Work hard and put food on your table
Or maybe he's from one of those tribes in Nigeria who depend on govt for everything except to impregnate women.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by ganye1: 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Thanks.

Please give me feed back during the next one.
Ok, I'll do so.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by goodgood2(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
luvinhubby:
If you translate GEJ from being an Ijaw man into any tribe from the Southwest or North central Nigeria, so many peoples eyes will be opened to these truths glaring them at their faces .
Simple, it is not about performance, but tribe & religion has blinded the eyes of a lot in Nigeria & that's pathetic.
Yes, they criticize him just because he's Ijaw, a minority. It's so annoying that some Niger Delta and Igbo youths can't see this. They've been turned against their own by those that have worked so hard to see that Gej fails. No matter how woeful an a.boki is, a fulani/hausa man won't criticize him, especially in public. Gej may not have met our expectations, but he doesn't deserve the kind of treatment he receives. Which past leader has performed like him? Is it Obasanjo, who wasted $16m on "phantom" power? Is it Buhari that promised to fix Nigeria, only to attract the wrath of IBB after 2 years of beating about the bush and jailing perceived enemies?

3 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by guyX(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
@mods, what is your problem? Why isn't this on front page.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Burlah4u2c(m): 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
Collynzo9:
We know how NEPA and the Police used to rank as the top 2 most corrupt institutions in Nigeria. Deregulating and privatising the electricity distribution sector went a long way in reducing the level of corruption in Nigeria.
Ironically, privatising NEPA was something Obasanjo (who some people worship) made to look like rocket science.
GEJ didn't just do it, he paid every staff of NEPA from top to bottom their entitlements in full, many of them were still re-absorbed by the new companies even after getting huge pay offs.
Tell me why those guys will not vote for GEJ.
CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA: Police, PHCN, Customs top corruption list
www.nigerianmuse.com/20070614043327zg/sections/important-documents/corruption-in-nigeria-police-phcn-customs-top-corruption-list-research/
and my electricity bill increased from 3200 to 5000... and the money retrieved was used to feed the president and paid amnesty to boko harams...and the naira was devalued and petrol price was set high... GEJ could have done things that will better my life.. reduce fuel price, increase the value of naira, let my mind and that of parent be at rest when travelling to the North...not cubbing corruption somewhere and increase embezzlement elsewhere...
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Burlah4u2c(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
pitoski:
This is the most impressive and enlightening post I have read since this new yr. @ Op thanks for the good work. Infact i am going to post it on my blog. Nigerians need to know that this humble man GEJ has really achieved at salvaging this country from the many yrs of misrule. I have always supported the subsidy right from onset, now i am personally seeing its reward. Most nigerians want Nigeria to be like America in 6 yrs, but is not possible. Surely through GEJ and the likes we will get there shorter than I expected. #teamTransformationContinues #GEJ till 2019.
and show me the buses he promised? he could have cut his food bill by 90% and add to subsidize petroleum.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Burlah4u2c(m): 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sibrah:
How has the loophole of stealing been removed in the case of in oil and gas (subsidy inclusive)? People are always going to find a way to steal, punishment is the only sure way to fend theives off and it is a pity Jonathan has decided to punish the Nigerian people by partially removing the subsidy while leaving the subsidy theives to roam free and acquire more power for new round off assault on the peoples' commonwealth.
tell them jhor ....100000 barrels of crude oil is still missing per day!!
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Paentera(m): 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Burlah4u2c(m): 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
Mosesm:

FOR THE LAST TIME:

...how much were you paid? if only u could feed an hungry tommy with it have u done well...
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by corruptst(m): 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
Wahala90:

Mumu advocate! Mandela and SA's case was a different scenerio.
Thanks for d comment. Will engage u when u r old enough to comment without resorting to unnecessary insult. One word for u: Grow up!

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Yksoul(m): 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
My broda,sure-p that entertains massive fraud b4 kolade was removed.the key solution to unemployment is massive industrializatn.we ve federal organizatns wthout gud management and stiff policy to fight corruption.OKAY GIVE ME THE NAMES OF THOSE THAT HAD BEEN PROSECUTED AND CHARGED?
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by tobolos(m): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
nonny001:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027617_babajonahoncorruption_jpegc11385a73a5c9e04144770b803b5092e

Article Source: http://exploreanthonyobuegbe..com/2015/01/7-little-known-ways-president-jonathan.html

Our eyes won open!the scale has fallen off.
This is trash.
Dr ibikunle amosun achieved more within 2 years in office.
Was fuel price same after subsidy removal which gave birth to surep?
How many of the subsidy thieves r in prison?
How much is left in our external reserves?
More and more questions that will make u re-think.
Bros,a beg Sidon one side joor
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by PointB: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sibrah:
How has the loophole of stealing been removed in the case of in oil and gas (subsidy inclusive)? People are always going to find a way to steal, punishment is the only sure way to fend theives off and it is a pity Jonathan has decided to punish the Nigerian people by partially removing the subsidy while leaving the subsidy theives to roam free and acquire more power for new round off assault on the peoples' commonwealth.

The best was to plug the loopholes in the oil industry is by completely removing subsidy on fuel. Something, many Nigerians refuse to understand! Subsidy should be on production not on consumption! That way, there would be nothing for subsidy thieves to claim.

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by fathomberry: 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
I hate commenting on such posts but I really think GEJ has done a lot more than some other presidents we've had. There's nothing wrong in voting him again. I'm going to get my PVC ASAP. GEJ 2015!!!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by dsenator: 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
I wonder why on earth anybody would be trying to advertise completely rotten onions to customers.The fact that many Gej fans are forgetting to face is that many of the people that are clamouring for a change now did vote for Gej in 2011 voluntarily as their choice of candidate.Poverty has gotten nothing to do with tribe,race or religion. When people massively voted for Gej,nobody cared to know if he was an ijaw man,if he was a Christian etc and for majority of those people that voted him in in 2011 to now be willing to oust him with their votes,it should be glaring enough that the man has not done well in the last four years.Nigerians I must remind everyone are no fools and if they decide they don't want this man again,so shall it be.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by maxdozie(m): 7:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Apc Is Here For Change??
Lolzz
The Change they mean is The House to House campaign... Sharing Slips for ppl ... Which has space for Name... Phone Number..... Acc Number.. And Acc Name
Apc is Just a Shameful Party!...
I decided to Talk with the Guy that knocked at My Door ... And His reply was Funny... He said, We know our president already..... But lets Take our share of d National Cake...
U can ask any1 in p.h To confirm...

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Xfemt(m): 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
The bigest mistake Nigerians ll ever make is to vote GEJ out and this well achieved govt . Mark my words if GMB wins NIgerians ll regret this I know and I see it already... Mark todays date when it happens
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by UTEWUOJO: 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
In dis 21st century u think u can just compose a baseless & misleading post 2 decieve us? u need 2 have a re-think.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Orikinla(m): 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
nonny001:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027617_babajonahoncorruption_jpegc11385a73a5c9e04144770b803b5092e

Article Source: http://exploreanthonyobuegbe..com/2015/01/7-little-known-ways-president-jonathan.html

[size=18pt]
YOU ARE JUST IGNORANT.

MISAPPROPRIATIONS OF FUNDS AND OVER INVOICING IN ALL GEJ'S CONTRACTS MADE HIS PROXIES AND OTHER MULTIMILLIONAIRES.[/size]
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
Wre is d 6billion collected frm d common ppl in d name of immigration recruitment, wre is d missin 8trillion wre is anoda missin 20billion dollars GEJ na 419ner GMB all d way

SAI BUHARI 2015
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by otigbagba: 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
nonny001:

is obvious that Nigerians have been so bastardised in our psych that we can now boldly accept that a man who has institutionalised impunity...is been celebrated. Is a pity
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by AIZubair(m): 8:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
Vikky014:
you didnt vote for gej during 2011 election. so you can go on and vote for ur granny grin
sure I will. Hoe!!!
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by tonytony208(m): 8:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
major466:
Buhari (1983-1985) witch-hunted innocent people with horse wips, guns and human rights abuses, as was the case in medieval times to fight political enemies in the name of fighting corruption. GEJ on the other hand is using Technology to fight corruption by limiting human to human contact through ICT, as practiced in developed countries in the 21st century. Who's method is more symbolic of "New Thinking" in the 21st century? GEJ of course. cool

how can you expect the fresident-to-be to fight kwarufson with technology when he is not even computer-literate? Imagine a computer-illiterate cow rearrer presiding over a country in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by zyonpendrahgon: 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
holatin:
those Igbos or Christian supporting buhari too are blind by religion and tribe too abi

i marvel at your mumuness

buhari for equality
buhari for change
Those igbos and xtains are just scared, if he(am even scared to call his name) losses. All hell will let loose. Early signs are manifesting.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by nesta007(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
nonny001:

QUESTIONS POSED TO PRESIDENT JONATHAN BY FORMER PRESIDENT OLUSEGUN OBASANJO WHEN THE LATTER VISITED HIM TO PLEAD FOR FORGIVENESS YESTERDAY WITNESSED BY PASTOR ADEBOYE AND BISHOP OYEDEPO

1. Did you agree to run for only one term or not?

2. What did you tell me was your reason for not going after Boko Haram insurgent even when I told you this will boomerang?

3. What happened to the Nigeria’s external reserve and sovereign wealth fund?

4. Did you give licence to Niger Delta Militants (Dokubo and Tompolo) to import arms in the name of their privately owned companies? If so for what reasons?

5. Did you not get correspondence from the United States consulate that a certain citizen named Buruji Kashamu is indicted for Drug trafficking ? Why did you appoint the same Kashamu as South West leader of PDP rather than hand him over to the US? And did the PDP give automatic senate ticket to a wanted and convicted drug baron?
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by whytfaz(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
The stupidity of those promoting Jonathan is really making like GMB like seriously. Good governance and a better life doesn't require okupe or abati or even reno to tell, we should feel it.

I'm Neither APC or PDP but I just want a better Leadership than what I have seen in 6years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' / Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign / Lawmakers Secretly Gathering Signatures To Impeach Buhari - Kazaure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.