Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,868 members, 7,841,259 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) (32465 Views)

We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan / Reuben Abati Reveals Biggest Wars Jonathan Fought In Power / Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by ganye1: 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Provide proof and we will take it up

Give us the location of the fertilizer centre and farmers that were cheated. cool

SAY NO TO ILLITERACY

SAY YES TO GEJ wink
I didn't say anybody cheated the farmers. What I said is that the fertiliser allocated to the farmers is too small to make significant impact.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Eziachi:
Sycophants, how did he managed to solve the problems of ghost workers when he lives with one (his wife)?
Lived 365 permanent days in Abuja and gaining promotion/ permanent Secretary in Bayelsa. What is ghost working again.

Lol this is the definition of apt.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by ganye1: 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
major466:

You need more education on the e-Wallet system.
Give me more education on the e-wallet please.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
PointB:
That's how to fight corruption in 21st century - remove the incentives and plug the loopholes!

And have ZERO verdict? Nice!
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by DWJOBScom(m): 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
Things we never knew or heard cos APC has bought all the media houses BUT the conservative minds sees and in the midst of the noise will speak thru his or her voter's card...........

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by SUBMARINE: 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
ganye1:

I didn't say anybody cheated the farmers. What I said is that the fertiliser allocated to the farmers is too small to make significant impact.

Provide the address of the location and we will rectify it. cool

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Ositawap: 4:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
Collynzo9:
We know how NEPA and the Police used to rank as the top 2 most corrupt institutions in Nigeria. Deregulating and privatising the electricity distribution sector went a long way in reducing the level of corruption in Nigeria.
Ironically, privatising NEPA was something Obasanjo (who some people worship) made to look like rocket science.
GEJ didn't just do it, he paid every staff of NEPA from top to bottom their entitlements in full, many of them were still re-absorbed by the new companies even after getting huge pay offs.
Tell me why those guys will not vote for GEJ.
CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA: Police, PHCN, Customs top corruption list
www.nigerianmuse.com/20070614043327zg/sections/important-documents/corruption-in-nigeria-police-phcn-customs-top-corruption-list-research/
...no doubt...ya papa is a living testimony to dis
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by sochima1989(m): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
Am gonna give my over all veiw...GEJ regime never worked with its 2011 manifesto, members of the FEC are old as failure...
For curruption..its zero for my dear president.
Your 7 points are all paper work if not let those who had a positive taste vote for GEJ.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nctrice(m): 4:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
PUSH1:
Is the old day not better than now? What is the different?

I will tell you the difference but first let's start our conversation this way!

I for one I was born in mid 1980!

When were you born?
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by wazobiaN9(m): 4:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
Firefire:
[size=18pt]Only the people that can open their eyes will see that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan is the best that can happen to Nigeria at the moment and NOT any Octogenarian. [/size]

is that the best/worst you can do!!!

...That GMB is an Octogenarian, and therefore cannot perform better than a younger man that has not shown leadership capabilities urgently needed to steer the Nigerian ship

Your thought process is shallow and unimpressive.

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Iyawotolu: 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
grin

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by SUBMARINE: 4:46pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nctrice:

I will tell you the difference but first let's start our conversation this way!

I for one I was born in mid 1980!

When were you born?

You get time for these 1995 children

Na dem dey praise Buhari pass

Didinrins wey no sabi country history

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
Good! U've tried ur best but unfortunately, ur best is far from good enough for nig! #change2015!

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by londoner: 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
hotwax:

The corruption they perpetrated was not during his tenure.

This show Jonathan is a failure. All the mentioned above should be cooling off in prison talkless of doign election campaign.

It is Jonathan' fault

Under Buhari, they still wont "cool off" in prison, Buhari is not going to jail people who stole before he is presiden, he said.

Do you ask yourself[b] WHY[/b] he found it necessary to give that ASSURANCE, and WHO he was giving it to?

Looks to me as if he is letting people he knows or suspects of being the biggest looters, off, in exchange for their support for his presidency.

His "upright" morals are bending already, and he is just at aspirant stage....lol

He is not even saying, if money is returned they won't be prosecuted.....lol

If people are found to have stolen, it is up to the state agencies to decide whether or not to prosecute, not Buhari.

I believe people should be jailed, if they are found guilty, in a court of law, following due legal process. That goes for the politicians, civil servants and everyone else.

However, Buhari sees himself as lord of all he surveys............Buhari will usher in a one man dictatorship, I think.

People will be jailed on HIS SAY SO, no matter what the law says? Is his vice president (the lawyer) okay with that?
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by tolmega01(m): 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
I cant help but laugh at comments. Was the fight against corruption or stealing ....
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
My Grandma is one of the top 50 farmers in Kwara State. Her annual productions of yam, maize, beans, guinea corn is enough to feed the Population of my Local Government 3 square meals for a quarter. Now tell me the total numbers of phones given to farmers in Nigeria and why my Grandma is not one of the beneficiaries? Or is it for PDP farmers?
I stopped reading at that point. That's how the President went on to say advanced technology will help fight corruption. Are we now anywhere close to China-who kill or imprison corrupt people(thieves) for life-in technological advancement? As advanced as the US is in technology, there's still corruption there. The truth is, corruption will always beat whatever technology put in place to curb it within a short time, that's why we have prisons and the firing squads to help us eliminate what technology could not. In China, your family members will buy the bullets to be used on you if found guilty of corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Remii(m): 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
Op, you for no say anything about oil and gas sector. Crude oil is now $50 from over $100 yet we are still pay N97 for fuel, diesel that the claimed deregulated is same amount forever and you are shouting anti corruption, what percentage is the subsidy? 70%?
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by holatin(m): 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
dougivilla:
And exactly how many Hausa/Foolanis are supporting GEJ. They are the once blinded by religion and Tribe and not the liberal southerners. You hear, wise one?
answer my question first then I answer yours
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by 100Cents: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
People's perception of fighting corruption is pursuing people up and down with EFCC, OBJ style.

Tantamont to Political witch hunting .

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by mfm04622: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
luvinhubby:
If you translate GEJ from being an Ijaw man into any tribe from the Southwest or North central Nigeria, so many peoples eyes will be opened to these truths glaring them at their faces .
Simple, it is not about performance, but tribe & religion has blinded the eyes of a lot in Nigeria & that's pathetic.

What has he being an Ijaw to do with anything? Haba!!! Didn't we know he was Ijaw when we voted for him in 2011? Now he is declared incompetent, he is saying it is because he is Ijaw! Haba!!!
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by ganye1: 5:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Provide the address of the location and we will rectify it. cool
Sugu, Ganye LG, Adamawa state. I
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by corruptst(m): 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nctrice:
OP well said! You have time sha! All of this you have outlined are meant for the blind that can't tell the different between black and White! Buhari is old and he would do good by only taking us back to the bad old days!
Like Mandela did to SA at his ripe old age
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Wahala90: 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
[size=14pt]"The only thing I can say about Buhari is that he is a failure like my Dad's elder brother who was still pursuing a career at 72 when all his mates are quietly enjoying the fruit of their labour. This is a sign of failure. You can see Buhari's desperation to use this last chance to acquire all he has lost." - Afamba Okunodaba
[/size]

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by SUBMARINE: 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
ganye1:

Sugu, Ganye LG, Adamawa state. I

Thanks.

Please give me feed back during the next one.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Wahala90: 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
corruptst:

Like Mandela did to SA at his ripe old age

Mumu advocate! Mandela and SA's case was a different scenerio.

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Geoffis: 5:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
GEJ is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria. GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by mfm04622: 5:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
Collynzo9:
We know how NEPA and the Police used to rank as the top 2 most corrupt institutions in Nigeria. Deregulating and privatising the electricity distribution sector went a long way in reducing the level of corruption in Nigeria.
Ironically, privatising NEPA was something Obasanjo (who some people worship) made to look like rocket science.
GEJ didn't just do it, he paid every staff of NEPA from top to bottom their entitlements in full, many of them were still re-absorbed by the new companies even after getting huge pay offs.
Tell me why those guys will not vote for GEJ.
CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA: Police, PHCN, Customs top corruption list
www.nigerianmuse.com/20070614043327zg/sections/important-documents/corruption-in-nigeria-police-phcn-customs-top-corruption-list-research/

The privatization was done in phases. PHCN is the last phase with the problematic NITEL. Okay, apart from PHCN, what other company has GEJ privatized? Go back and check how many companies was privatized under OBJ's govt. We all know one govt can't do all. In addition, if the PHCN privatization was done in good faith and well done, why are the new owners asking for loans from FG through the CBN? Are they not supposed to have their own money to invest? PHCN was sold to friends of govt of course and that is why they have the audacity to be looking for loans from the seller!
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by mfm04622: 5:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Provide proof and we will take it up

Give us the location of the fertilizer centre and farmers that were cheated. cool

SAY NO TO ILLITERACY

SAY YES TO GEJ wink

It is not cheating! That is the way the system was designed to work! Only 2 bags per farmer and they pay for it, though below market prices. The amount they pay is subsidized. Know the system before trying to defend it!
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by nonny001(m): 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
Akanbiedu:

Shameless human beings always claiming credit for other peoples' effort. These two, amongst others, is a result of Yar'adua's systematic approach to fighting corruption. In fact, the system approach is solely Yar'aduas idea.

Did you hear the author say "President Jonathan"? He said "The Federal Government."

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by maxtamazin: 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
diablos:
Trash...try harder. GEJ till febuhari 14...2015 undecided

Why can't you debunk the argument?, I would have love to have a different opinion on what the op posted. If there is any hole in the statement, then educate us intelligently.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by mfm04622: 5:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ozin:

I understand some people refer you as an elder in this forum and I also want you to know an elder who does not respect himself, will be insulted. How there you call someone a sycophants for airing his view?

Did he lie? Was the President wife not a ghost worker? Was she ever in the office? Was she getting paid for work not done? Why the insult?
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Vikky014(f): 5:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
AIZubair:
We Don hear.
Now, it's GMB's turn.
you didnt vote for gej during 2011 election. so you can go on and vote for ur granny grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC celebrating Buhari victory on Atiku's bridge / Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos / Tinubu Visits Hajia Dada Yar'Adua, Mother Of Late President Yar'Adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.