Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,053 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 (2738 Views)

Senators React To Obasanjo, Babangida And Abdulsalami's Meeting In Minna / Photo Of Babangida With Obasanjo & Abdulsalami Abubakar / Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
First it was OBJ saying ANYTHING BUT JONATHAN!
Now Abdulsalami, one of Nigeria's most respected Head of state has this to say!

2015: Abdulsalami Calls For Change

As Nigerians prepare for this year’s general elections, former miltary Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, has called for a change in the way the country is governed.

In a statement which he addressed to Nigerians and published in some national dailies on Wednesday, Abubakar stressed the need to tell truth to power in order to help correctly identify and diagnose the causes of disaffection and anger in the land.

The former head of state, who handed over power to the civilian government of Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999, stated that Nigeria is at a crossroads, unsure of which way to go.

“There is palpable desperation everywhere in the land; we are in a situation in which everyone is dissatisfied with what is going on, but nobody is sure of what to do, or what is going to happen next,” Abubakar stated.

The retired general listed the dangers facing the country to include danger from an intractable insurgency, danger from elite mistrust and danger from poverty and penury as a result of glaring economic hardship.

These, he said, had led to a situation where the rich cannot sleep because the poor are hungry, angry, and awake.

Referring to the Boko Haram onslaught against Nigerians, Abubakar asked why the matter was allowed to degenerate to this level.

“This nation has suffered greatly and lost thousand of lives to the Boko Haram insurgency, with more than a million people displaced within the country, and tens of thousands have been forced across our borders into neighbouring countries.

“In one of the most senseless attacks, more than 2,000 people were said to have been killed in a single attack in Baga town of Borno State last week. This is clearly unacceptable, and we feel the time has come to restore the people’s confidence in the ability of government to confront, repel and put a stop to the impunity of the insurgency,” he stated.

Abubakar also advised President Goodluck Jonathan to ensure that the military and security forces were sufficiently equipped to confront the insurgents.

He urged the president to consider the mobilisation and re-absorption of all retired able-bodied security personnel and undertaking fresh recruitment into the police force and other para-military agencies.

General Abubakar also warned politicians against do-or-die politics, stressing that Nigeria is greater than the ambition and ego of any of its citizens.

“We must force our politicians to accept and learn to play by the rules; and in their politicking adopt the highest ethical conduct, especially during campaigns and the conduct of the elections themselves.

“The inordinate ambition of some of our politicians, especially their do-or-die attitude in their quest for power, their way of subverting the electoral process in order to get to power must be checked by this nation or else they will terminally checkmate it.

“All Nigerians of goodwill must, therefore, rise to tell politicians and, indeed, all Nigerians that Nigeria is greater than the ambition and ego of any of its citizens; and at every encounter with whoever, this nation must prevail,” he said.

source

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by mrvitalis(m): 4:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
change is here ....embrace it or get brushed aside by it .

4 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Realdeals(m): 4:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
Again! from another former head of state... Dissceerios

6 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by alabiyemmy(m): 5:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
and that change is Buhari? LOL. Una like deceiving unaself.

5 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Nutase: 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
FP material
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by millhouse: 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
The former head of state, who handed over power to the civilian government of Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999, stated that Nigeria is at a crossroads, unsure of which way to go.

“There is palpable desperation everywhere in the land; we are in a situation in which everyone is dissatisfied with what is going on, but nobody is sure of what to do, or what is going to happen next,” Abubakar stated

this gat me thinking bro

3 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
alabiyemmy:
and that change is Buhari? LOL. Una like deceiving unaself.

but why are you people so tiring? which other change are people talking about apart from GMB?

3 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Bayswater: 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
Why won't the white-bearded Father Christmas call for change? He knows his oil licence would be taken off him in 2016 if GEJ remains president.

90% of those clamouring for change are doing so for one selfish reason or the other.

I've come to know that's how politics work in Nigeria.
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by courage54(m): 5:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
GOOD
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by alabiyemmy(m): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
diluminati:

but why are you people so tiring? which other change are people talking about apart from GMB?

You this woman, I remember you routing for Buhari here on NairaLand in 2011. You are back in 2015? You will still be here shouting change in 2019 and beyond. God keep you alive.
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Swizdoe(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
In Dammy krane voice
Lobatan!!!!!
Good better best
Gej no dey rest
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by hazyfm1: 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
[size=58pt]CHANGE IS WHAT WE NEED[/size]
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
hazyfm1:
[size=58pt]CHANGE IS WHAT WE NEED[/size]

Yes oh Yes oh!

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by dridowu: 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
The constant ting in life is CHANGE.
Nigeria must CHANGE for GOOD.
Buhari has bring the CHANGE
Get your PVC ready to activate the CHANGE.
God Bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by greatestman(m): 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
Comprehension is difficult. This man is implieing word.
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by SweetJoystick(m): 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
Change!!!
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Bruteforce1o1: 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
[s]
Bayswater:
Why won't the white-bearded Father Christmas call for change? He knows his oil licence would be taken off him in 2016 if GEJ remains president.

90% of those clamouring for change are doing so for one selfish reason or the other.

I've come to know that's how politics work in Nigeria.
[/s]

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Change2015(m): 7:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
Even Jonathan is thinking about voting for Buhari

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by saharachic(f): 7:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
This is WORD! This man's speech carries weight oh!
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by johncreek: 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hope he is a changed man too
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by crazygod(m): 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
hmmm. I have tried as much as possible not to lay my opinion in this election matters arising but now I have to break my silence.
first, I have realized that with jonathan at the elm of affairs, some niger delta kleptomaniacs will continue to run their mouth with no one to bridle their tongue for them. kleptomaniacs like asari dokubo even madam patience herself and please do not ask me for proof because its very glaring. But on the other hand, GEJ has done well in spite of distractions placed before him in form of the present political insurgency in the country. perhaps, if bokoharam didn't surface, GEJ might not be put on his toes... perhaps sha... we may never know....

anyway, looking at the other end, Buhari, has a record of being an 'upright and in-corruptable' man.... well perhaps not in the area of his academic results. Buhari also has a case of careless pronouncements in the past where he talks anyhow. It has also been noted that when he was head of state, the main brain behind his regime is Tunde Idiagbon and that Buhari has always been a weak decision maker. Now that he has the backing of highly corrupt politicians like tinubu, obasanjo and abdulsalam, its going to be more worrisome if Buhari eventually wins the election.
In summary, both candidates can be viewed as evil, but I'd rather pick the lesser evil. Jonathan. These are my own personal perceptions.
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by BigB11(m): 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
Even Jonathan is thinking about voting for Buhari

#change
#GMB
#APC

I agree...

Jonathan Will Not Even Vote For Jonathan by BigB11(m): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
Come next election, I bet you that Jonathan will not vote for Jonathan. He knows he has failed as president and he also understands that he does not possess the leadership qualities that Nigerians deserve.

The rumor is Jonathan is tired. If it were up to him, he would step aside at the end of this current term. He has not been himself for a few weeks. He is confused and not as active as he used to be.

I assure you that a miracle will happen in Nigeria within 100 days, if corruption could be tackled vigorously by a courageous, disciplined leader. The only leader in Nigeria today that has the heart and capability to mend the history of bad leadership and eradicate corruption is Buhari...Jonathan and others also know this fact. Our problems may be complicated, but the solutions to these problems are straight forward.

Buhari/ Osinbajo 2015

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by BigB11(m): 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
Only those suffering from mentally blindness are still following Jonathan...the sane ones left long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by acidtalk: 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
Good. Unlike his selfish cousin who is still scared of karma catching up with him for planning a coup against Buhari. He will even prefer to vote for ghost.

Amebo - Acidtalk Baba how far? Quite a while.

Acidtalk - I dey oh!

Amebo - Wetin you bring come from Otta?

Acidtalk - How you know say I go Otta?

Amebo - You don forget my name ni?

Acidtalk - Anyway, I no bring anything. You know as that old man stingy now. Even one fowl and crate of egg he no fit give. Except if you jump fence steal am and that one no possible because cctv dey everywhere.

Amebo - That man sha. He too stingy. Abeg make we forget him matter. So wetin both of Una discuss?

Acidtalk - Wetin concern you? Anyway, he just dey laugh and describe to me how Ebele dey kneel down for floor dey beg say make him Support am.

Amebo - ehn ehn! He don forget as he sack all Baba boys from him government and even call Baba deceitful rascal? That Otueke fisherman no get shame oh!

Acidtalk - Baba say wetin pay am pass na when him order Nuhu Ribadu to hide the evidence wey prove say Jonathan embezzle Bayelsa N9billion and him shipopotamus wife launder $4.5m go US and Uk. But because him want make him be Yaradua Vice, Nuhu no get choice than to stop further investigation.

Amebo - hmmm!!!

Acidtalk - Baba vex say immediately the guy enter power, him come send people wey no reach to polish Baba shoe to dey abuse Baba. People like Anenih, Edwin Clark, Kashamu, Okupe, and those other smelling Ijaw militants (Asari and Tompolo).

Amebo - So....

Acidtalk - Baba say him just dey laugh Jonah because na Rotimi, Buhari wan use do SSG and na him go oversee the probe community.

Amebo - Ah!

Acidtalk - So you sef talk ah! I tell Baba say that means say Jonah go use up to 350years for prison be that. Baba come say rara oh! Na 790years Dem go jail am.

Amebo - Na wa oh!

Acidtalk - Baba say make I no tell anybody but I go do small amebo to you.

Amebo - Wetin be that.

Acidtalk - Baba say 5 more PDP governors go still decamp to Apc before Election.

Amebo - Mo gbe oh!

Acidtalk - He say they wan humiliate Jonah before the election and show am say him be pikin for politics. Him say even him Camapaign strategist dey do am on purpose to give am poor campaign points wey dey back fire on am.

Amebo - Me sef I dey talk am say how person fit mumu for Campaign of presidency, wey no be say na class captain post him want go for.

Acidtalk - Woh! Story boku but shi*t dey catch me. Make I stroll go do short put for that canal.

Amebo - Make I wait?

Acidtalk - Wait now. Na Amebo go kill you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
acidtalk:
Good

yes bro. It's all Good! grin grin

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by saharachic(f): 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
Yes oh Yes oh
Back to Otuoke Here i come
From where i started my reign of blood

Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by BigB11(m): 8:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
HOME SWEET HOME!
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by acidtalk: 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
diluminati:

yes bro. It's all Good! grin grin

Only IBB is still deceiving him.
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Ikengawo: 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
OBJ + TINUBU + BUHARI + ATIKU + ABDULSALAMI = Change
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by size38: 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
Chai! Which way for GEJ and d PDP? Chai! Igwe Anah!
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by NaijaOptimist: 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
Everybody have realised GEJ cannot lead us to promise land.

#teamanythingbutjonathan#
Re: Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015 by Yeske2(m): 9:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
GEJ, you see ya life? Rejections everywhere

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari:i Changed My Mind On Voting Buhari After Reading This. / See What The Almajiris In Nigeria Said About Goodluck Jonathan (READ) / Buhari Call Osinbajo Wife Professor Mrs Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.