Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

"Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son (44462 Views)

Babachir Lawal And Ayodele Oke Leaving Aso Rock After Suspension (Photos) / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) / “buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him” – Lawal Ojuolape’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 15, 2015
Firefire:
I love this... forgiving spirit

This is your best comment on NL...
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by dunkem21(m): 6:28am On Jan 15, 2015
Nairaland should ban me for life, but atleast I got it out of my chest...

I 4cken Hate Igbo People. [/quote]

Nobody is banning you dundee; as if your hate will stop us from being successful, enterprising and excellent. At least, I have helped you release your trending burden of many years. You will still PAY for the surgery, though. grin

Nobody really cares what a COWARD has in mind cos you cant do anything if you blurt it out. undecided

Unlike you, my chest is filled with sound ideas. shocked cool

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by Curvinus(m): 6:43am On Jan 15, 2015
Bloody coward. His father must be twisting an turning in his grave at the embarassben that a child he sired from his loins has become.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by lacidi: 7:20am On Jan 15, 2015
Buhari did not murder his father. His dad was a drug peddler who was found guilty of drug Trafficking. He was found guilty under an existing law they prescribed death penalty. It was only Bath Owoh that was executed based on the retroactive action of that same law. That was why the petitions and protests on that law related only to Bath Owoh, becauee at the time he commited the crime, the law was not in place. That was not the case for Ojuolope who commited the same crime after the law was passed and was therefore correctly executed.

So for Ojuolope's son, there is nothing to forgive. His father was correctly found guilty and executed. Its ike Anini's son saying he has forgiven those that executed his father.
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by pazienza(m): 7:46am On Jan 15, 2015
patrickdarlins:

EKPA ....nai u be

u know the meaning??

ekpa for benin language means BAG

ekpa for urhobo language means FOOL...MUMU...IDIOT...

which do u prefer??

nonsense!!!!!

Ekpa in some Igbo dialects means BAG too.*grins*
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by realnaijaa: 7:52am On Jan 15, 2015
dunkem21:

Shut your crap. How many traffickers were killed.

Again, what is the punishment of coup plotters?

You see why I said you need to go and rest .it seems staying up late makes you say rubbish. In Indonesia, Malaysia,Saudi arabia. What is the level of addiction as compared to Nigeria ,america mexico etc. The reasons is because of the capital punishment.
And what is the business of coup plotters in this we all know tnbat it is death or imprisonment depending on the level of involment. The same goes for drug trafficking
.the question is do you have the ability to forgive and accept a better candidate in this election.for six solid years we have tried one but were are we today.
Economic retrogression is the order of the day .let me give you a reason why we can't continue like this.
Take banking .most bank branches have less than four staff at their branches.while majority are not even contract workers but casual workers.
Many bank employees as of last year were paid gratuity of not even up to 1m.they are not entitled to benefits but only there salary which is not even up to 100k in some banks.
An average graduate /masters holder earns 15-25,000.
So you better close ur stinking mouth
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by pazienza(m): 7:55am On Jan 15, 2015
Are we sure that this Bartholomew Owoh isn't the father of our own Orlando Owoh?

That Ojuolape kid is a disgrace to his father. Buhari was not democratically elected by the people, he was a usurper that took power from the people by taking our franchise away. He had no right to make laws,and he sure had no right to take a life, when the people obviously wanted that life to be saved,the voice of the people is the voice of God, but Buhari played God, so the people's voice meant/means nothing to him, he can't be the change "we" desire, only those suffering from Stockholm syndrome desire him.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by lastpage: 8:08am On Jan 15, 2015
Redoil:
Though it is good to forgive and forget but a slave will always be a slave.

Look at this Goat!

How is he a SLAVE?

You are actually the slave here but you are too ethnically myopic to see it.

Read what he wrote... from his own brain, not just some silly "l hit front page or bigoted rantings" that you are noted for on nairaland.

Can something that inspiring come from inside your own body and soul?

It was his father who committed an offence and was retroactively killed.
If it were your own father, l am sure, just like the pain of Biafra still beclouds your judgement till today, you will wallow in anger till you decay from the face of this earth.

Whether he bears grudge or not, it will certainly not bring back the dead.
You can also decipher that he "acknowledges" the wrong his father did even though he would have loved "Justice to be tempered with Mercy"!

Finally, reading his write-up, it is evident that this guy is going places on his own merit because it does not take long to know an intelligent person and intelligence is what takes you to places undreamed of.

I suggest you go and get a life and stop poisoning yourself with hate! Haterz dont last. undecided

Lastpage!
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 15, 2015
pazienza:

Ekpa in some Igbo dialects means BAG too.*grins*
hahhahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by dunkem21(m): 8:26am On Jan 15, 2015
realnaijaa:

You see why I said you need to go and rest .it seems staying up late makes you say rubbish. In Indonesia, Malaysia,Saudi arabia. What is the level of addiction as compared to Nigeria ,america mexico etc. The reasons is because of the capital punishment.
And what is the business of coup plotters in this we all know tnbat it is death or imprisonment depending on the level of involment. The same goes for drug trafficking
.the question is do you have the ability to forgive and accept a better candidate in this election.for six solid years we have tried one but were are we today.
Economic retrogression is the order of the day .let me give you a reason why we can't continue like this.
Take banking .most bank branches have less than four staff at their branches.while majority are not even contract workers but casual workers.
Many bank employees as of last year were paid gratuity of not even up to 1m.they are not entitled to benefits but only there salary which is not even up to 100k in some banks.
An average graduate /masters holder earns 15-25,000.
So you better close ur stinking mouth

Shut up, if you don't know what else to say.

See as you disgraced yourself trying to enter the banking field. Most banks have less than four staff? How many tellers, funds transfers, e-business, marketers, head of operations etc.

You are a bloody liar else name one bank that paid gratuity of N1m after 5 years. Do you even know that a graduate trainee earns N2m/annum and above on entry.

A masters holder earns 15k? ..Really? ..shows you are high on cheap ignorance. A maid earns more than that in Lagos with free food and accommodation.

Next time, get a brain before you engage a more knowledgeable person.
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by realnaijaa: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2015
bossmini84:
If ur dad was innocent and u are saying dis then u are an infidel, u should be ddemanding for justice. Ur a slowpoke or else he was guilty. Even if guilty was he tried by a competent court of law. Signs of failed thinking.
.mind you they were tried and found quilt of narcotics trafficking
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by realnaijaa: 9:18am On Jan 15, 2015
dunkem21:

Shut up, if you don't know what else to say.

See as you disgraced yourself trying to enter the banking field. Most banks have less than four staff? How many tellers, funds transfers, e-business, marketers, head of operations etc.

You are a bloody liar else name one bank that paid gratuity of N1m after 5 years. Do you even know that a graduate trainee earns N2m/annum and above on entry.

A masters holder earns 15k? ..Really? ..shows you are high on cheap ignorance. A maid earns more than that in Lagos with free food and accommodation.

Next time, get a brain before you engage a more knowledgeable person.
My guy it shows how deluded you are .what is the average salary of a graduate in Nigeria.I can give you names of banks if that is what you want.many banks today in their various branches have less than 3-4 core staff.while the rest are either contract or casual. They have even decided to out source most of their workers to outsourcing .these firms will now second them back to the banks whit lesser employment terms.
http://www.opinions.ng/cbn-and-wicked-banks-outsourcing-of-staff/
http://www.punchng.com/business/money/skye-bank-transfers-workers-to-outsourcing-firms/.
I don't think you are based in Nigeria.you would have known that less than 8% graduates get good paying jobs ,even these is relative . The rest are on their own or through various innovative skills of making money to survive.you claim to be knowledgeable.
Okay find out from one of the first gen bank if what I claimed by payment of gratuity is true or not.
That is the grim economic reality you don't want to accept.
I believe other NL members would agree.
The simple fact that the economy under Jonathan as been very bad.
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by zoomzoom(m): 10:59am On Jan 15, 2015
Firefire:
I love this... forgiving spirit
Really commendable I must say for him....just that there one vvip name he ?forgot to mention amongst those surrounding our newfound saint.incidentally,that happens to be the "jagbagan"...the killer and maker of the soul of A PC.The author and finisher..Curiously,our new boy-Theresa.left out who BUHARI will be holding that presidency in proxy for.he left out who decided who would run with BUHARI...he left out who will handpick these crack team he envisions..probably has his choices different from these your dream team.strange!! Or was that DELIBERATEYOUTHS!!!
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by dunkem21(m): 11:13am On Jan 15, 2015
realnaijaa:

My guy it shows how deluded you are .what is the average salary of a graduate in Nigeria.I can give you names of banks if that is what you want.many banks today in their various branches have less than 3-4 core staff.while the rest are either contract or casual. They have even decided to out source most of their workers to outsourcing .these firms will now second them back to the banks whit lesser employment terms.
http://www.opinions.ng/cbn-and-wicked-banks-outsourcing-of-staff/
http://www.punchng.com/business/money/skye-bank-transfers-workers-to-outsourcing-firms/.
I don't think you are based in Nigeria.you would have known that less than 8% graduates get good paying jobs ,even these is relative . The rest are on their own or through various innovative skills of making money to survive.you claim to be knowledgeable.
Okay find out from one of the first gen bank if what I claimed by payment of gratuity is true or not.
That is the grim economic reality you don't want to accept.
I believe other NL members would agree.
The simple fact that the economy under Jonathan as been very bad.

Because you have toned down your voice, I will help. True, banks outsource their services and tend to employ contract staff more esp in tellering and contract marketers to cut cost; but it is a hyper exaggeration to say only 3 or 4 core staff work in a bank. The branch manager, head of operations, customer service, head of marketing, FTO's must all be core staff.

Gratuity: Gratuity is an entitlement paid to a staff who have stayed a minimum of 5 years in active service(banks). It is however different from severance fees paid to disengaged staff and lay offs.
That said, no bank pays a core staff a gratuity of N1m and below. Quote me.

Your last line, though debatable, shows love and interest for our dear country, Nigeria.

I am really sorry if you find my words offensive ..blame it on the harmattan. No hard feelings bro, afterall, GEJ and GMB had a warm hug @ d state banquet yesterday.

Dunkem hugs realnaijaa. You still dey vex?
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by deletrue: 11:17am On Jan 15, 2015
realborn:

Sharrap bro. The man articulated reasons for forgiving Buhari and moving on. He has exuded priority for the lives of millions of Nigerians over keeping grouse for the unjustifiable murder of his father by the State who should have been bestowed with a lesser penalty.

Reading through the article, I dream and long for a new team in accordance with his suggestions. I am inspired.

For those who are hard of comprehension, the focus of the article is the imminence of a new team of erudite intellects taking us to a new clime. Every right thinking Nigerian should applaud this and put an end to the debacle on sentiments.
What has this iddiotic barbarian eaten today? Maybe the abandoned politicians from PDP? Where is the 'new team of intellectuals? is Tunde not the same foolish Yoruba man. Do the yorubas any different the aimless huasas who are valueless? General Diya who was seriously humilated and almost killed by the people of the north, did the same foolish yorubas talk about it? Am sure you are either a yoruba or an huasa person. If you a yoruba man, MKO Abiola was killed by the people of which region? Tell us those who Killed Ken Sarowiwa of Oguni? I can count on and on. Just tell us any northners killed by the Izons? When the most celebrated old fool and flirt who made love to his son's wife and was frequently doing the same to Oby, former education minister, Obasanjo who killed Bola Ige, did these most follish yorubas talk about it?
If you are a nomal individual born and brought up by a normal family, would you turn yourselves into boko haram and kill and destroy people? Would you jubilate when the man who killed your father is happy and you consciously telling us that he will support such individual?
If you are with direction and do have value for live, would you even attempt to support the chief and core Islam Buhari. Look across the human race, particularly the Arab world, would you point to any regions that has cause killings etc other than the Islam religion?
Just mark some where in your bed room and sitting room if you will remains the same when Buhari will fail again. From then this your insensitive advance diffence written in order to potray Buhari as not guilty in the eyes of the world will be condemned and you will never trust and consider yourself as a human being. May Egbewe punish the totality of you to claim that the state killed his father when he was killed by Buhari.
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by deletrue: 11:30am On Jan 15, 2015
Jarus:

Tunde Thompson is alive - he was jailed by Buhari. He's also campaigning for Buhari today. Tell us another story.
I disagree with you. Even if what you are claiming is true, who do you think Tunde is? Is he not one the bloody yorubas who are very foolish? Tell us region killed MKO Abiola? Who gave General Diya the highest degree of humilation and almost killed him. Tell us that person? So why do you think there are other Nigerians who are more like barbarians than yorubas?
Look at Obasanjo, who is, as at today, the most celebrated old fool. Make I finish yoruba for you?
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by elohorayodele: 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
Story

Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by Jarus(m): 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
deletrue:
I disagree with you. Even if what you are claiming is true, who do you think Tunde is? Is he not one the bloody yorubas who are very foolish? Tell us region killed MKO Abiola? Who gave General Diya the highest degree of humilation and almost killed him. Tell us that person? So why do you think there are other Nigerians who are more like barbarians than yorubas?
Look at Obasanjo, who is, as at today, the most celebrated old fool. Make I finish yoruba for you?

Frankly, I don't get what you're saying here.

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by Mhystique: 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
what if his father did wrong,and buhari had to punish him.d guy has accepted it so wetin b u na own
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
Jarus:

We Yorubas are mature and sophisticated. Our press damaged Buhari but in the light of events of today, we believe he's pardonable and we pardoned. We are the same people at the forefront of rebuilding the Buhari brand because, in hindsight, we realized his errors were less than what Nigeria suffer today.

We are not like some people that are still stuck to 1967 and will not forget what had happened and move on.
e

britain and france fought a hundred years war and have moved on
the us and britain fought during the when the us was fighting for independence and have moved on
britain and germany fought a world war and have moved on
america and japan fought a world war and have moved on
japan beat up all of asia during ww2 - they have moved on

only some backwardever noisemakers that feel their own must be different

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by omolami: 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2015
Meaning buhari is meant,to execute your generation.You will be d next for sure
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by knowledgeable: 3:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
lacidi:
Buhari did not murder his father. His dad was a drug peddler who was found guilty of drug Trafficking. He was found guilty under an existing law they prescribed death penalty. It was only Bath Owoh that was executed based on the retroactive action of that same law. That was why the petitions and protests on that law related only to Bath Owoh, becauee at the time he commited the crime, the law was not in place. That was not the case for Ojuolope who commited the same crime after the law was passed and was therefore correctly executed.

So for Ojuolope's son, there is nothing to forgive. His father was correctly found guilty and executed. Its ike Anini's son saying he has forgiven those that executed his father.

This your analysis and logic explain the clear difference between Igbos and Yorubas logic and thinking in every thing Nigeria. Igbos tend to logic ideological while yorubas realisticly. "Existing law that were applied based on your region, religion and ethnicity".
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by omotolatoyosi(f): 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by lastpage: 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
deletrue:
What has this iddiotic barbarian eaten today? Maybe the abandoned politicians from PDP? Where is the 'new team of intellectuals? is Tunde not the same foolish Yoruba man. Do the yorubas any different the aimless huasas who are valueless? General Diya who was seriously humilated and almost killed by the people of the north, did the same foolish yorubas talk about it? Am sure you are either a yoruba or an huasa person. If you a yoruba man, MKO Abiola was killed by the people of which region? Tell us those who Killed Ken Sarowiwa of Oguni? I can count on and on. Just tell us any northners killed by the Izons? When the most celebrated old fool and flirt who made love to his son's wife and was frequently doing the same to Oby, former education minister, Obasanjo who killed Bola Ige, did these most follish yorubas talk about it?
If you are a nomal individual born and brought up by a normal family, would you turn yourselves into boko haram and kill and destroy people? Would you jubilate when the man who killed your father is happy and you consciously telling us that he will support such individual?
If you are with direction and do have value for live, would you even attempt to support the chief and core Islam Buhari. Look across the human race, particularly the Arab world, would you point to any regions that has cause killings etc other than the Islam religion?
Just mark some where in your bed room and sitting room if you will remains the same when Buhari will fail again. From then this your insensitive advance diffence written in order to potray Buhari as not guilty in the eyes of the world will be condemned and you will never trust and consider yourself as a human being. May Egbewe punish the totality of you to claim that the state killed his father when he was killed by Buhari.

Hmmm!
Just imagine how HATEFUL this thing has become?

I pity the woman who will share the same house with this thing.

Sorry, what a wasted life, the thing is certainly beyond redemption! "terminal case" as it is called in Medicine!!

Lastpage!

BTW: It does not change anything on Feb 14th! tongue tongue tongue
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by teufelein(f): 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
Before Voting Buhari: Twenty Things History Teaches US By Kennedy Emetulu

History is harsh, because it hides nothing from honest and discerning people. For those who are dancing at the prospect of voting in Muhammadu Buhari, please consider the following historical facts.

(1) Think of the kind of nation the colonial masters bequeathed to us before leaving. They instituted different political, social and legal system in the North and South, but still ran the country as one and left us without any attempt at righting the wrongs they’ve instituted.

(2) Think of the pogroms in the North against the Igbo and Southerners. What were the reasons for this? There was no reason more than that the Igbo and Southerners were seen as taking over the economy and geographical space of the Northerner in a supposed one, free Nigeria.

(3) Think of the First Republic and the issues that led to its demise. These issues ranged from the obvious injustices perpetrated at the centre by a majoritarian oligarchy, which then led to electoral violence in the West and national distrust in the Niger-Delta.

(4) Think of beginning of military intervention in politics and the cost to the nation:

(a) The First Coup of January 1966 and the real motivation of the chaps behind it.

(b) The coming of Major-General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi and the counter-coup that saw his death and the mass killing of Igbo officers within the army, including the pogrom that followed up North.

(c) The Civil War and the cost in human and material resources to the nation. Was it necessary? Why the waste? What have we learnt? Think of the Asaba and Owerri massacres (Buhari was part of the latter)? Were they necessary? What have we learnt from that war?

(5) Think of the whole nine years of General Yakubu Gowon, the seven months of General Murtala Muhammed, the four years of Shehu Shagari. The almost two years of Buhari, the eight years of General Ibrahim Babangida, the five years of General Sani Abacha, the one year of Abdulsalami Abubakar and the two years of Umaru Yar’Adua. For almost 40 years of the 54 that we have had flag independence, the North has ruled the nation, but what did their leadership do for Nigeria? Why is the Northern elite now hell-bent on taking back power at the top? How long have they been out of it that they now want it back? What did they do with it for their people when they had it?

(6) Think about June 12 and the murder of MKO Abiola. Imagine the opportunity our country had at that juncture in our history and who truncated it. Who are the beneficiaries of the truncation of June 12, but Buhari and the industrial-military complex that backs him now as members of the APC?

(7) For the Yoruba, think about the power you have now and how to use it responsibly. When Obafemi Awolowo had it, he used it responsibly and this nation is grateful for it. For those who are hailing Bola Tinubu as some kind of political genius, do they think Tinubu is safe under a Buhari presidency as he has been under Jonathan? Do they not see how easy it would be for Buhari to pluck out Tinubu in a power tussle over control of the APC under the guise of fighting corruption? Do they think there is anything a Vice President Yemi Osinbajo can do in the circumstances? What would be the fate of the Yoruba at that point?

(8: Think about the National Question and what this false change would mean for the Southern minorities and the nation. Since the Willink Commission of 1958, their troubles have been in the front burner of national discussion and we have shouted ourselves hoarse for a Sovereign National Conference (SNC). Whether we want to believe it or not, Jonathan’s presidency sort of doused the raging fire, so what would his ouster do? Think about the Orkar Coup of 1992 and what motivated those young men now lost to the firing squad.

(9) For the Yoruba, think about those who today mostly populate the highest and middle level echelon of the oil industry. They are not Niger-Deltans; they are young Yoruba professionals and Tinubu who worked with Mobil knows this. Are you prepared to sacrifice them and their career to install a Buhari who, from his actions and utterances, look bent on dipping the Koran in the sea in the form of establishing Sharia all over Nigeria? Does anyone think the South-South will sit down and share the oil wealth with a nation of the sort Buhari has in mind? Does anyone really think Buhari has the temperament to hold a complex Nigeria together?

(10) To the Northerners, think about what we are already seeing about Buhari on the campaign trail. Does he look like a healthy person? His gaunt, austere look is not just about his stature. The man is old and ill and this campaign will take a lot from him. If, God forbid, he does not survive this campaign or his first term where would that put this country? Does anyone think that the power-mongers of the North will simply stand by and let the Vice President take over constitutionally? Are we prepared to go through the Yar’Adiua experience again, especially this time when they are likely to be more desperate? What would it mean for those in the North who think it’s their turn to take over, rather than wait till 2019 when they are likely to have a more vibrant candidate with real national appeal contesting for the presidency and with a chance to win and govern in peace?

(11) Think of Buhari as the head of state and how he ran the nation. The day he was overthrown, I was at the parade ground at the Orientation Camp in Toro, Bauchi where I was serving my NYSC. I remember that the chap who was our Commandant was a young Captain said to be a cousin to Brigadier Joshua Dongoyaro who announced the overthrow. His second-in-command was then Lieutenant Ugo Buzugbe who is today a Major General. Once word reached us of the overthrow, the whole camp went agog with jubilation! On the day, I was delegated by my friends to go to Jos to buy some things for a party we were planning. I got there and the whole city was jubilating! We heard of spontaneous jubilation all over the country. Today, some brilliant, but devious spin-doctors are painting Buhari as a great leader who is now making us feel nostalgia for his time! Only fools who would want to be treated like animals and butchered without reason would look at Buhari and say he is the change we need. Yes, we might need change, but not Buhari! We are not a cursed people! We should never go back to our national vomit!

(12) Think about his manifesto and what he offers. Is there anything there that he can do better than Jonathan? He talks about fighting corruption, but Buhari is a corrupt man being shielded by spin-doctors! The facts of his corruption are there! How can anyone believe the lies about his poverty? What poor man contests every presidential election since 2003 in such a grandiose manner? Can’t we see the corrupt people he consorts with and those interested in sending him to Aso Rock? Does that add up?

(13) Think about this fellow who has been a recurrent name in Nigerian politics since his overthrow by his military colleagues, but who cannot tell us one good cause he has put his name or his money in. Where are the charities he supports? What business is he involved in? What has he been doing with almost N30 million he receives monthly as gratuity? How has he improved himself since leaving office? Why can he not just tender his First School Leaving Certificate, rather than lying and getting others to lie for him? How many scholarships has he awarded, even as we know that his daughter lives the high life in a UK university where she pays more than £16,000 as school fees? How many university chairs has he endowed? How many professional bodies does he support? How many international missions has he helped with? All we have seen him do since is go to BBC Hausa, say some inciting and divisive things and when called out, he proclaims innocence and accuses journalists of misinterpreting him.

(14) Think about his support for Boko Haram and the group nominating him as their representative in negotiation with the Federal Government. Why did he cowardly refuse to be part of the negotiation when he’s spent the whole time attacking the Nigerian Army and the Federal Government over Boko Haram? Does anyone think the present Nigerian Army would accept this type of untrustworthy and divisive figure as Commander-in-Chief? After all, following the annulment of the June 12 election, one of the reasons Babangida said they couldn’t hand over to MKO Abiola was because he wouldn’t have been accepted as Commander-in-Chief. Buhari was one of the beneficiaries of that annulment. I can’t see him being a good Commander-in-Chief. As bad as it sounds, he will do the same mistakes he did the first time and worse and Nigerians would be reduced to jubilating again when a coup topples him. Egypt after the electoral victory of the Muslim Brotherhood comes to mind. And that would be the least terrible of all choices we can get.

(15) Think of Buhari who has no idea of modern governance. Only dishonest people will believe otherwise. Listen to him and see how vacuous he is. No matter how they try to hide his illiteracy, it’s glaring. He has now joined Twitter, because of election, but what does he really know about modern communication? His best phrase is “I will fight….” No, governance is not about fighting; it’s about governing. I don’t want to hear people tell me he would surround himself with the best brains, because anyone without a brain ruling Nigeria will not know the best brains and even when they are there, a man with the ignorant stubbornness of Buhari will not listen to them or know how to use them.

(16) Think of the world we live in and the kind of leadership driving developments in other lands. Think of us in 2015 celebrating a Buhari as our President! The country of Tafawa Balewa, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Obafemi Awolowo celebrating a Buhari in 2015? Some may say Jonathan is not better, but that would be unfair. Jonathan is far better, even if he is not the best we can offer as a nation. Forget the propaganda that he has not done anything, he has. His administration has achieved a lot and those who are honest know this. Indeed, his administration has achieved more for the North than any Northern leader in our history. His problem is that he does not have good marketers. Whatever minuses we think Jonathan has, Buhari will triple them.

(17) Think of the Boko Haram menace and understand that it is not a question of Jonathan failing on national security, but a huge sabotage against our nation by elements looking to benefit from his ouster. One of the worst things done to our nation by that buffoon, Olusegun Obasanjo was the emasculation of our armed forces. He did it when he came into power in 1999 under the pretext that he was professionalizing the army and stopping them from planning coups. His Ministers of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma and Rabiu Kwankwaso oversaw the destruction of the army, even as massive money was voted in the defence budget. Of course, we had no threat. By the time that threat came in the form of Boko Haram, Yar’Adua dealt with it with overwhelming force. But that was the problem. Yar’Adua ordered the killing of Boko Haram activists extra-judicially, but that only earned them international recognition from Global Jihad. With external money and training, they were transformed and under Jonathan, they became the Nigerian franchise of Global Jihad. Then in collaboration with Northern power-mongers they began a process of blackmailing Jonathan. He asked for negotiation, they would not budge; he promised them amnesty, they would not budge. They simply continue to kill defenseless citizens at will, because they know that will undermine Jonathan and the state. They support this with propaganda, inflating number of casualties and working with their political partners to undermine the state and state response at all levels. Meanwhile, when the nation had the OPC problem in the West, Yoruba leaders went out there to sort it out. When we had problems with Bakassi Boys in the East, Igbo leaders rose to the challenge and when we had the militancy in the Niger-Delta, South-South leaders, including Goodluck Jonathan went into the creeks to talk the boys into disarming. Now, what have the Northern leaders done about Boko Haram since it started its rampage? Some wring their hands helplessly, while others like Buhari make political capital out of it! Of course, all Boko Haram wants now is a Northern president who would establish Sharia all over Nigeria and Buhari will give them that. But what that means is that they used the power of their guns to impose on us a national leadership that would take us back to the Middle Ages. I have no scruples with Buhari and his kith and kin that want criminal Sharia, but they cannot impose it on the rest of the nation above our Constitution. I will not vote for my own death! I will not vote for my people’s death! I will not vote to take Nigeria through the darkness that I know a Buhari presidency represents!

(18) Think about the fact that we lost more people to communal, ethnic and sectarian violence under Obasanjo, including deaths by political assassinations, yet everyone is conveniently forgetting this fact and proclaiming Jonathan a weakling. Would we prefer that Jonathan and the military give communities the Odi and Zaki Biam treatment in the name of fighting Boko Haram?

(19) Think about the National Youth Service Corps members and the almost 1000 people that lost their lives up North after the last presidential election simply because Buhari did not win. Did Buhari’s reaction at the time show him as a statesman? Did it show him as someone who cares for the life of Southerners? Is that not the same man who has promised that dogs and baboons would be soaked in blood if the election is rigged this time, which in fact is a code word for massive violence if he loses?

(20) Think Nigerians! Those of you North and South who love this country and who know what we have sacrificed to get here should think of the future. It’s okay to think it’s great removing an incumbent, but think what will replace that incumbent. It’s okay to preach change, but please interrogate that change. Is it really the change we need or a pretence to change that would impose a worse future on us? If the potential for trouble in that new future is worse than the present, stick to what you know. The devil you know is always better than the angel that you don’t know! Those who say if Buhari fails, we will vote him out in four years should remember that we might not have that luxury, because there has to be a living, viable nation before we can talk elections. A word is enough for the patriot!
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by osholuamhe: 8:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
Do you know the difference btw "forgiven" heart and "forgiving" heart. Go and learn your grammar.
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by simpleseyi: 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2015
Redoil:
Though it is good to forgive and forget but a slave will always be a slave.

How do we classify your forefathers? Slaves or idiots? I think I now understand, drug trafficking is the major business of your generations, that is why you feel aggrieved that drug traffickers were killed.
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by star2008(m): 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
YOU MUST BE A BASTARD
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by realborn(m): 11:23am On Jan 20, 2015
deletrue:

Calm down bro. Don't be agitated. No offense taken for the insults. It is a forum of faceless individuals.

Some of us believe the future is beyond ethno religious connotations, albeit, we still respect the opinions of some citizens who are still embittered by the chronicles of past events in deference to our nation Nigeria.

The incumbent President has not been of any benefit to Christians, neither have the Niger Deltans benefitted from his ascendancy to the position of the Presidency. Likewise, Obasanjo was of no special good to the south west where he hails from during his time. Hence, this implies that the Presidency is not about where one is from or the person's religion but service to Nigeria as a whole.

Some of us have assessed this government and have concluded that it is a monumental failure despite their hogwash of being the unprecedented best since amalgamation. Most of the support for Buhari is primarily because people want sanity restored to governance and not because of his past deeds as a military leader. Everyone wants an end to the insurgency which the incumbent seems not to have a clue about. Everyone wants corruption to be abated so that more resources will be available for capital projects in contest to what is obtainable today where they allocate resources for themselves to eat fat and vote nominal allowances for infrastructure.

I think Buhari's steadfastness to maintain a scrupulous mien for 3 decades is the primary reason for the goodwill he enjoys today. I am not in total support of his candidacy primarily due to his age but I am seriously considering taking a risk on him than to cast my vote for GEJ. My last resort will be Professor Sonaiya.

To the topic, I reiterate my commendation for the author of this topic who has deemed it fit to forgive on the premise of his understanding of the way forward for a better Nigeria!

NB:

What is Egbewe? Lol
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by deletrue: 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
realborn:

Calm down bro. Don't be agitated. No offense taken for the insults. It is a forum of faceless individuals.

Some of us believe the future is beyond ethno religious connotations, albeit, we still respect the opinions of some citizens who are still embittered by the chronicles of past events in deference to our nation Nigeria.

The incumbent President has not been of any benefit to Christians, neither have the Niger Deltans benefitted from his ascendancy to the position of the Presidency. Likewise, Obasanjo was of no special good to the south west where he hails from during his time. Hence, this implies that the Presidency is not about where one is from or the person's religion but service to Nigeria as a whole.

Some of us have assessed this government and have concluded that it is a monumental failure despite their hogwash of being the unprecedented best since amalgamation. Most of the support for Buhari is primarily because people want sanity restored to governance and not because of his past deeds as a military leader. Everyone wants an end to the insurgency which the incumbent seems not to have a clue about. Everyone wants corruption to be abated so that more resources will be available for capital projects in contest to what is obtainable today where they allocate resources for themselves to eat fat and vote nominal allowances for infrastructure.

I think Buhari's steadfastness to maintain a scrupulous mien for 3 decades is the primary reason for the goodwill he enjoys today. I am not in total support of his candidacy primarily due to his age but I am seriously considering taking a risk on him than to cast my vote for GEJ. My last resort will be Professor Sonaiya.

To the topic, I reiterate my commendation for the author of this topic who has deemed it fit to forgive on the premise of his understanding of the way forward for a better Nigeria!

NB:

What is Egbewe? Lol

Do you know why I will not consider any inch of seriousness in your post? Now, let me start from the area of Boko haram and the decamped four northerner governors. In your sincere mind, would you say that, since independence, you have come across that kind of decampees? Would you not admit that it is purely a gang up against the Izon man? Just tell me why a total of four governors, all from one regions will decamped?
The case of boko haram, to me is also targetted at GEJ. I do not know whether you are from the north or a yoruba man, this issue of boko haram will evantually become a deadly measure awaiting any other tribe that become the president after elections. You can only enjoy it if you are from the north. If you are happy over the usage of boko haram against others from other regions because they cannot commit suicide as the northerners and consider it as suitable measure, then, this country will never go as one. Even in the area of curruption, IBB was the worst,, Obasanjo is there too. What has GEJ done so badly that he has become the worst. Even though Tifnubu was not the president, he is still the worse corrept ex. governors.
In concluding this post, it is my candide oppion that the north and some part of the yorubas as just taking the other tribe fora ride. The issue, as it today is as a result of felling seperior and the only me go rule concept is still openly playing out.
Egbewe is a word friendly used a comedian, Chief Jebridia
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by realnaijaa: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
dunkem21:

Because you have toned down your voice, I will help. True, banks outsource their services and tend to employ contract staff more esp in tellering and contract marketers to cut cost; but it is a hyper exaggeration to say only 3 or 4 core staff work in a bank. The branch manager, head of operations, customer service, head of marketing, FTO's must all be core staff.

Gratuity: Gratuity is an entitlement paid to a staff who have stayed a minimum of 5 years in active service(banks). It is however different from severance fees paid to disengaged staff and lay offs.
That said, no bank pays a core staff a gratuity of N1m and below. Quote me.

Your last line, though debatable, shows love and interest for our dear country, Nigeria.

I am really sorry if you find my words offensive ..blame it on the harmattan. No hard feelings bro, afterall, GEJ and GMB had a warm hug @ d state banquet yesterday.

Dunkem hugs realnaijaa. You still dey vex?

why I go vex. My fight na for a better Nigeria. Were stealing of public funds will be seen as corruption, were soldiers will be properly kitted and equipped to face their constitutional role.were leader's are held accountable.were lives are appreciated.
Re: "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son by honeyseller291(m): 10:10am On Jan 24, 2015
Lawal u be FOOL FOIL ewu.com vote for GEJ he won't kill u if u vote for buhari he might kill u this time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Where Seized Maxokada And Gokada Bikes Are Kept By LASG - Photos / Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner / Oshiomhole: "I Am No Longer 'Excellency'. I Am A Removed National Chairman..."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.