Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,873 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage (33623 Views)

Amnesty International Releases More Report Against Nigeria / Satellite Images Of The Bombing Of Rann IDP Camp / Dasuki Releases Images Of Sophisticated Weapons Acquired Under Jonathan [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 15, 2015
ba7man:
Since the Man in power seems unable to curb the menace, do you continue with him or try someone else??

Its obvious he's nore concerned about smear campaigns to aid his re-election than the terrorist threat.

Boko Haram's territories keep growing daily under his watch but he's more concerned about Buhari's certificate.

you lied, boko Haram is growing under our watch. Its not a president battle, its a Nigerian war. we Nigerians need to fight it as a united country. Not until Nigerians are ready to fight like we did during the Ebola threat, Boko Haram will continue to grow in strength.

Iraq has changed presidents even after saddam hussain, but things even getting worst because the country is divided into two groups

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by PassingShot(m): 6:51am On Jan 15, 2015
donnypool:

You dey ask me? i get anything to do with GEJ or Buhari? A "yes" or a "no" is all i need

A simple test and you failed. angry angry
Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 15, 2015
PassingShot:

A simple test and you failed. angry angry

you fail too
Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by calebo10(m): 6:58am On Jan 15, 2015
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by Jidefido(m): 7:00am On Jan 15, 2015
PassingShot:

To say that you're clever by half will be an overstatement. You are dumb and you think everyone is as dumb as you.

The MEND part perfectly relates to the topic because it's still an insurgency act which you used to support GEJ's poor handling of the situation at hand.

You want to appear as apolitical but a disguised mole can always be fished out by sharp brains which you call shallow minds.

I can school you in many aspects of life. You wanna try me?

Then u re not informed! You lack knowledge and you know what the bible says about those that lack knowledge. That's all I have to say to ur warped mind

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by Kbraims(m): 7:05am On Jan 15, 2015
Ya Allah hav mercy on us,4giv us 4 our wrong deeds.Amin

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by bankoleben(m): 7:07am On Jan 15, 2015
This is disgusting. When people like South Africa's Malema start making a mockery of your leadership, you know you've got a big problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dyGxQzwZ80
Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by theGuest: 7:10am On Jan 15, 2015
Baga: Before (Jan 2, 2015) and After (Jan 7, 2015) Source

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by Sermwell(m): 7:12am On Jan 15, 2015
ba7man:
That will be far easier if they have Billions of Dollars at their disposal and they command the Army, Navy, Airforce and countless Para-millitary outfits.

But GEJ has all this but more concerned about deploying them for elections.
When iherejika was clamping down on this fools, it was northern elders forum and amnesty international that cried foul and threatened to sue iherejika for war crimes! Just yesterday here, our gallant military men succeeded in gunning down some boko haram members who wanted to wreck havok in biu town, it was also some foolish nairalanders like you that claim this persons are innocent civilians. The truth is that we are not united in this fight; government, citizens, international bodies etc! So don't sit in the confort of your room to type rubbish. Please be more sensible in your post next time. All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by Lakeshizu(m): 7:15am On Jan 15, 2015
Over the last Two weeks, I have been following the Paris attacks and how the government tackled the problem. I must say I totally blame our president.
Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by xcolanto(m): 7:18am On Jan 15, 2015
The rate at which GEJ is called upon to be ejected from office anytime boko boys strike is full of hypocrisy and very unpatriotic. It makes sane mind to believe the apc folks are deliberately wishing and encouraging boko just to smite the name and office of the presidency to score cheap political gains.

The other day in France, the world mobilized support for the president to put an end to terror like activity on their soil. Here in NIgeria the opposite is the case!

Terrorism is new to Nigeria and it takes the joint effort of all both morally, spiritually and physically to put an end to this menace.
Thinking that by rubbishing the president each time they strike would kick him out of office or incite the public against him is pure fallacy! Yes he could do better, all this country needs is total support and encouragement to our military to enable them face this critical task head on!

Keep blaming GEJ for boko and leave out other relevant bodies that are directly or indirectly tasked to end boko, like that makes you folks feel so much better!
Truth is boko must be a thing of the past before the year runs out under GEJ.
All you saying GEJ this GEJ that, are sore loosers! Join the army and fight if you think you got what it takes and not sit at you homes typing jargons behind a system. unpatriotic bunch angry

No one is thinking why amnesty intl is putting up this photos now when we getting close to elections? Is this the first time boko is touching down houses in the NE? if this report is anything to go by. The U.S has stated that the increased attacks are linked to the elections and here comes amnesty intl to further heat up the polity by deliberately making people feel boko is wining the war.

Amnesty intl should be guided! Am sure they never shared this photos with the goverment and went ahead to release it to the public. What are they trying to achieve by this? Have they been compromised as shara reporters to rubbish the NIgerian government? I'll let you be the judge.
Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by KwoiZabo(m): 7:19am On Jan 15, 2015
Military Governor, North Eastern State of Nigeria, August 1975 – March 1976;
embarassed

if you feel its a short time, then he would have done something as head of State just as Goodluck built a University in Bayelsa today.

Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, December 1983 – August 1985

If Buhari had valued Education he would have given the North-East Formal Education and we would not have to grapple with this challenge today.

Support for Buhari just disgust me. If illiterates do i'm not suprised but i pity enligtened Nigerians that taunts Buhari as solution. Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by KwoiZabo(m): 7:23am On Jan 15, 2015
PassingShot:
We don't yet have a C-in-C in Nigeria. What we have now is a Comedian in Chief.

Not until that changes, we will not have peace in NE as well as Nigeria as a whole.

The Nigerian Army (and GEJ of course) have failed to protect the integrity and sovereignty of the country. This is enough reason for GEJ to be kicked out for if he is not sent home, we all might as well be in the same shoe as the NE/NW in the next one year.

In GMB I trust to end this terrorism.
Come on shut up. If ND militants were as cowardly and senseless as BH do you think anyone will remain. How will a group open fire on its communities or Kidnap its own sisters or burndown helpless citizen in remote villages in the name of what i don't know or just to discredit the govt. Was a so called strong leader like OBJ stop the militants? No terror organisation does like bokoHaram. These guys are just idiats. But if this is the intimidation they want to use to return power to themselves it has failed because GEJ has performed and is obviously more competent and qualified than buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by DWJOBScom(m): 7:24am On Jan 15, 2015
PassingShot:

Not until that changes, we will not have peace in NE as well as Nigeria as a whole.

The Nigerian Army (and GEJ of course) have failed to protect the integrity and sovereignty of the country. This is enough reason for GEJ to be kicked out for if he is not sent home, we all might as well be in the same shoe as the NE/NW in the next one year.

Your GMB that can't keep his supporters on check will control BOKOHARAM!!!
Please be smart

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by searay(m): 7:28am On Jan 15, 2015
I'm waiting for the satellite image of the Chibok girls in Boko Haram's custody.
Until then ,

FAILbuhari 14

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by PEREP: 7:32am On Jan 15, 2015
Jidefido:
Shocking satellite images of destroyed towns and razed houses have confirmed eyewitness accounts that Boko Haram slaughtered hundreds of people this month in its worst-ever massacre in Nigeria, human rights groups say.

The wave of savage attacks continued relentlessly for several days after Boko Haram captured the Baga military base on Jan. 3. The Nigerian military has insisted that only 150 people died, including militants, but the newly released satellite images suggest a far more horrifying toll.

Satellite pictures obtained by Amnesty International show the towns of Baga and Doron Baga on January 2 – before the attack – and five days later, 3700 structures have been damaged or destroyed.
According to Daniel Eyre, researcher for Amnesty International, who has spent the last week compiling eye-witness accounts, gunmen went house to house, pulling people out and shooting them. Residents of the town fled into the bush, but Boko Haram men were waiting for them there, hiding in the trees, and shooting anyone who passed.

Eye-witnesses talk of hundreds of bodies in the streets, but they were fleeing too fast to stop and count. Government officials at first were silent and then came out with contradictory numbers.

“But it’s important to note that Boko Haram kill all civilians, not just the militia,” he said.

Alexis Okeowo, one of the best and bravest journalists in Nigeria, has also reflected on the impossibility of getting reliable death tolls from a place where journalists risk being killed or kidnapped

She is, however, sure that this situation is not inevitable.

‘The sad fact is that Boko Haram could have been defeated by now, by a more competent and more determined Nigerian government,’ she writes.

The images show more than 3,700 damaged or destroyed houses in just two of the estimated 16 towns and fishing villages that the Islamist extremist militia attacked around Baga in northeastern Nigeria on the shores of Lake Chad, according to Amnesty International, one of the groups that released the satellite images.

See more details http://www.theheraldng.com/amnesty-international-releases-satellite-images-boko-haram-wreckage/

If the number of deaths was as a result of 'burnt area', then the claim is that BH burned pple with their homes. In Baga, many pple flee and are they killed too?

Every Conspiracy against this country will fail in few weeks. Be it from the Army, Politician, International community or some bitter Nigerians who cannot accept GEJ as president but daily working against this administration by Killing Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by gratieao: 7:34am On Jan 15, 2015
Even the so called amnesty international are useless. Why did they not use there so called useless satellite map to locate the whereabout of chibok girls?
If army kills BH useless amnesty international will complain, if they refuse the same useless people will complain

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by yuncka: 7:39am On Jan 15, 2015
PassingShot:

grin lol! CinC..
Comedian IN Chief of the Armed F*ckers!
Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by gratieao: 7:42am On Jan 15, 2015
Sermwell:

When iherejika was clamping down on this fools, it was northern elders forum and amnesty international that cried foul and threatened to sue iherejika for war crimes! Just yesterday here, our gallant military men succeeded in gunning down some boko haram members who wanted to wreck havok in biu town, it was also some foolish nairalanders like you that claim this persons are innocent civilians. The truth is that we are not united in this fight; government, citizens, international bodies etc! So don't sit in the confort of your room to type rubbish. Please be more sensible in your post next time. All the best!
God will bless u this!
A group called the Committee of Borno Elders and Leaders of Thought says all federal troops should leave the city of Maiduguri, located in the northeast Nigerian state of Borno, because they are escalating the crisis there by engaging in human rights abuses.
http://m.voanews.com/a/nigerian-military-says-some-civilian-leaders-are-sponsoring-islamic-militants-125640053/142286.html
This same people are now blaming Nigeria army for not fighting BH
The joint task force commander of operations Colonel Victor Ebhaleme says civilian leaders accusing soldiers of looting and rape are “sponsors, sympathizers and members” of the Boko Haram sect “aimed at discrediting the task force so as to have a field day to operate.”

The task force says it is lamentable that some civilians are only being heard from now when they were silent while the sect was “killing and maiming at will” before soldiers arrived.

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by datguru: 7:45am On Jan 15, 2015
PassingShot:

I don't doubt you. One can always end what he started

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by listica(m): 7:48am On Jan 15, 2015
PassingShot:

You are as confused as your post!
what he said was right brother,both Jona and Buhari r not the right candidate but for me,if u ask me to choose,I take Jona

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by meerak54: 7:49am On Jan 15, 2015
seunlayi:

Oga Amnesty, can't you use this tech to search and locate BH bases or the whereabout of the Chibok girls?

satellite mY foot

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by listica(m): 7:52am On Jan 15, 2015
fitzmayowa:
The satellite does not show anything, or maybe the OP didn't post the actual picture, but if indeed this is the picture amnesty can come up with then am disappointed...

The picture is more like someone drawing with red paint...IMO
they can lie to any body but they can't fool us

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by j4sure(m): 7:53am On Jan 15, 2015
Na waoh is dis Nigeriaaa?
Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by gratieao: 7:54am On Jan 15, 2015
Lakeshizu:
Over the last Two weeks, I have been following the Paris attacks and how the government tackled the problem. I must say I totally blame our president.
Did u see paris elders blame their president for the terrorist attack the same way Borno and northern elders have been blaming GEJ for deploying military in the northeast?
"In response, the elders' group issued a written statement saying there is incontrovertible evidence that soldiers have engaged in “ungodly acts unbecoming of their role as those who are supposed to safeguard the lives, property, and dignity of Nigerians.”

If all troops are not withdrawn immediately, the elders say they must conclude that the federal government intends to destroy Maiduguri"

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:54am On Jan 15, 2015
seunlayi:

Oga Amnesty, can't you use this tech to search and locate BH bases or the whereabout of the Chibok girls?

They dont have a social contract with you; your government does! They owe you nothing.
If you like vote for a clueless government again and see the insurgence get to your door-step!

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by sophtaf(f): 7:59am On Jan 15, 2015
thewarrior72:
Hey are u under the influence of alcohol while writing this jargon kiss
his writing is ok,it only lacks the proper punctuation marks smiley
Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by semitunde: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2015
PassingShot:

Answer my question straight. Does the statement have any relevance with the topic? A "yes" or a "no" is all I need.

Its funny what simple punctuation can do to communication. Guy, both of you are on the same side of the argument. Read his first post again. He referred to the buhari certificate because he felt asking for it was unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by Fluidelvis(m): 8:02am On Jan 15, 2015
Another simple fact we tend to overlook is that WE ARE SLOWLY BEING INVADED BY CHADIANS & PPLE FROM NIGER! We r at war.. Believe me when I say that not many Nigerians will pull out pple from their homes & shoot them and then ambush the fleeing villagers in d Bush just for the fun of slaughtering them FOR DAYS ON END. We shouldn't forget this all started as a religious 'thing', so for it to hv come 2d point wer even core Muslims r slaughtered daily, we must look at another factor... THESE COLD BLOODED KILLERS AIN'T MOSTLY NIGERIANS! cry cry cry . RIP to the dead.. Soo painful!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by sophtaf(f): 8:10am On Jan 15, 2015
PassingShot:

What has the bolded got to do with the topic of discus? That is the confusion you brought in that I refer to.
he is trying to tell u that even thou Jona is nt a gud candidat...doesn't make Buhari one either.
Re: Amnesty International Releases Satellite Images Of Boko Haram Wreckage by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 15, 2015
[size=18pt]Do We Have A President?[/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office / Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) / Fayose: I Will Be At EFCC Today With My Bedclothes, Pillowcase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.