Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima (17021 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Fortunate Fiberesima, Jonathan’s Doctor For N258m Fraud / Why Is It That The Presidency Have Chosen To Ignore Fayose ? / Why I Will Vote for GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by MeAndYou(m): 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2015

President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Ibinabo Fiberesima is a very happy woman. After a long absence from being in the cosy company and under the care of a man, the mother of five now has a man she can call her own again.

Ibinabo-and-hubbyShe so happy about it that she flaunts the picture of herself and the new love of her life, Uche Egbuka, on every of her social media handle.The hardworking ‘Presido’ as they call her has her hands on a good pie and she is telling every other woman- back off!

Another obsession the woman is pandering right now is her love for President Goodluck Jonathan. Say something untoward about the President or Uche and the amiable former beauty queen could turn ugly, real ugly.

Recently, she was involved in a debate on a social handle over whether President Goodluck Jonathan is good enough for a second term or not. In spite of all reasons presented to her, she stood her ground that come hell or high water she would stick with the President.

“I have chosen to vote for GEJ. This is my choice. If anyone insults me that’s fine. I won’t utter any abusive word. We all have our rights and our consciences. Lets use them wisely” she sternly declared.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/ibinabo-fiberesimas-new-found-obsessions/

40 Likes

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2015
Congrats then. A tree cannot make a forest. Your vote doesn't mean he will win.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by Truth24(m): 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
The best choice
God bless Gej

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by devanz(m): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
y u cum dy tell us

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by PerfumeRepublik: 1:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
#OneManOneVote

11 Likes

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by kendrick9(m): 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
welcome to the winning team.
#Gejtill2019

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
As if her vote will make GEJ win the election.

ONE VOTE PER PERSON.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by fitzmayowa: 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
TheWholeTruth:

ONE VOTE PER PERSON.

Na one here, one there they turn to million ooo...So her vote counts...

What i don't get is her broadcasting to the whole world about it...I guess thats her own form of endorsement since its a season of endorsement...

19 Likes

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by braine(m): 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
TheWholeTruth:

ONE VOTE PER PERSON.

I tire o. LOL.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by Change2015(m): 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2015

15 Likes

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by Alphaoscar: 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
Birds of the same feathers flocking together.

A killer supporting a killer party.

Manslaughter: Court sentences ex-beauty queen to five years

By Tony Amokeodo

JUSTICE Deborah Oluwayemi of a Lagos High Court has sentenced a former beauty queen and popular actress, Ms. Ibinabo Fiberesima, to five years imprisonment for manslaughter, involving the death of a medical doctor, Mr. Suraj Giwa.

Delivering her judgment in an appeal by the Lagos State Government against the verdict of an Igbosere Magistrate's Court on Friday, Justice Oluwayemi held that the N100,000 fine imposed by the lower court on Fiberesima was tantamount to judicial recklessness.

According to the judge, it is unreasonable for a magistrate to give an option of N100,000 fine to someone who has taken the life of another person through dangerous driving.

The judge added that Section 28 of the Road Traffic Law, Cap R10 Laws of Lagos State, and 2003 on which the convict was found guilty, did not give an option of fine.

Justice Oluwayemi held that the magistrate misdirected himself and might have been confused by the allocution (plea for leniency) by the lawyer to the convict that the ex-beauty queen was a working mother.

She added that when the term of imprisonment was mandatory, the court could not change it.

She said, "I hold that the magistrate exercised judicial recklessness in giving her option of fine when such is not contained in the traffic law.

"I wonder why the magistrate regards N100,000 as an option for someone who caused the death of another person by dangerous driving. Discretion should be exercised judicially and not recklessly.

"The nature of the offence is so grave that I do not know how he (the magistrate) came about with an option of fine. Justice is a three-way affair.

"N100,000 fine is not a reasonable judgment for someone who has taken the life of another person.

"I hereby set aside the judgment of the magistrate's court and impose five years imprisonment on the convict.

"I also order that the N100,000 fine paid by the convict should not be returned to her."

The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, had in 2005 charged Fiberesima to the Igbosere Magistrate's Court on a two-count charge of dangerous and reckless driving on the Epe Expressway, Lagos, that led to Giwa's death.

In his judgment, Magistrate Isaacs found Fiberesima guilty on the two -count charge and sentenced her to seven years imprisonment for count one and two years imprisonment for counts two.

The magistrate, however, gave the convict the option of paying N100,000 fine to regain her freedom. The ex-beauty queen reportedly paid the fine and was let off the hook.

But the Lagos State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Olasupo Shasore (SAN), was dissatisfied with the sentence of Magistrate Isaacs and filed a notice of appeal at the Lagos High Court.

The Lagos AG added that the magistrate's court had wrongfully exercised its discretion in a matter that attracts seven years' imprisonment without an option of fine.

The Lagos AG, therefore, urged the court to set aside the lower court's verdict and give an appropriate sentence.

But Fiberesima had in her statement of defence by her lawyer, Mr. Lanre Lambo, argued that the lower court had the opportunity to impartially observe her demeanour throughout the trial period before given her the option of fine.

Meanwhile, Fiberesima's friend, also an actor, Mr. Fred Amata, has denied the conviction.

Amata, in a telephone interview with our correspondent, said he was not aware that his friend had been sentenced.

Another source who described himself as her lawyer also denied the report.

"The matter has currently gone beyond the High Court. It is not for the High Courts to decide as things stand now," he said.

The President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Mr. Ejike Asiegbu, when contacted, expressed surprise at the turn of events and promised to confirm the story.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by MeAndYou(m): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Na one here, one there they turn to million ooo...So her vote counts...

What i don't get is her broadcasting to the whole world about it...I guess thats her own form of endorsement since its a season of endorsement...

If Seun kuti could voice his opinion( though with tricks) and got praises.

If Zahra Buhari can release her pix and even went as far as telling us that no man has ever seen her nak.edness just to draw voters attention to her father.

If Amaechi can boldly state that GEJ would loose and some people are jubilating about it.

Why can she voice her support for what she belives in?

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by dmjinc(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
Abegii!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
Mtchewww.

It took the coconut head soooooo long to choose who to vote for.

What's he feeling like self?
Is it not only one single vote he'll cast?

Yeye attention seeker.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by uken73(m): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
We already knew that.

1 Like

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by KenSaroWiwa: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
The biggest mistake any Nigerian will ever make is to vote in GEJ for a second term. This clueless man will make you suffer for another 4 years of horror. Vote wisely, vote Buhari/Osinbanjo. Vote for change.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by Doublyu(m): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
U must b high on Orijin!!

10 Likes

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
that's one vote, next!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by Youngandactive: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
Political maturity requires that both APC and PDP supporters understand that we practice multi-party system..Citizens have inalienable right to vote whoever and be voted for.

The heated debates and insults on this forum is unnecessary if you ask me...

the biggest loosers are citizens with no PVC and campaign with insults....Insults never translate to votes.

incidentally, just about 30% of Nigerians are on social media. The other 70% have no idea of the noise and insults.

the bad news is that they have PVC...talking of market women, artisans..etc

Say no to election violence

4 Likes

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by elantraceey(f): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
None of my buisness

3 Likes

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by slimpoppa(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
Wish u d best
Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by agabusta: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
Its her choice. As for me and my family WE ARE VOTING GMB!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by reezee: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
says an ex convict

1 Like

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by raumdeuter: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
[size=14pt]Time for her to claim her share of the 21billion[/size]

8 Likes

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
Let her clap for her self.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima by Lifebender(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
Why notafter sharing the looting together...Afterall Eyele ko ni ba onile je ko ba onile mu ko di ojo iku ko yeri.

Na only one fote u get.Bet u'd be drag along down the drain undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari / I Can’t Guarantee Fulani Herdsmen’s Safety, Says Fayose / NIA Didn’t Get Ikoyi Cash From CBN — Okorafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.