Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Should A Guy Propose Before She Meets His Parents? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Guy Propose Before She Meets His Parents? (951 Views)

Banky W & Adesua Etomi With His Parents At Their Marriage Introduction (Photo) / See How This Guy Propose To His Girlfriend (photos) / Checkout How This Guy Propose To Her Girlfriend At NYSC Camp(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Guy Propose Before She Meets His Parents? by marvelito: 1:59pm On Jan 15, 2015
after i wrote my last paper in sch,i met dis lovely fair lady frm eastern part of d country in her 200l in ma visit to her sch azikiwe university thru ma friend who knew her.we got into a distance relatnshp nd everytin has bin rossy.3yrs on i couldnt go 4 nysc but she stood 4me nd supported me,she undastood me nd nevered even bothered me financialy,i did my best bt d truth is she deservd more than i ever gave her.she was also d giving type.she was just perfect 4me.bt for my problms in sch nd d pressure at home i could tell ma parents abt her.i just wanted to make ma parents hapi abt ma educatn status b4 i tell them. She too has graduated nd suitors r already meeting her dad which she has rejected. God being faithful am on nysc nw.and wil b bck soon.april wil make it 4yrs since we have bin togeda. I intend to meet her aunty whom has been askng her to invite me to see her by march.and i want her to meet ma parents b4 dat march too. Pls peeps i nid ur advice, am yet to get a job but am trustng God. But do i need to propose to her b4 she meet ma parents or i shld let her meet ma parents while i get a job first. I love this girl and i cant afford to miss her love for d rest of ma life.
Re: Should A Guy Propose Before She Meets His Parents? by saaedlee: 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
I strongly suggest u secure a job first before meeting the parent or even proposing; as such u won't be "tongue wabbling" when the parents ask what u do for a living. Oh yes they will surely ask.

Bottomeline, I think you should propose first; she'll find it easy telling her parents who is coming to see them!

1 Like

Re: Should A Guy Propose Before She Meets His Parents? by marvelito: 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
saaedlee:
I strongly suggest u secure a job first before meeting the parent or even proposing; as such u won't be "tongue wabbling" when the parents ask what u do for a living. Oh yes they will surely ask.

Bottomeline, I think you should propose first; she'll find it easy telling her parents who is coming to see them!
am talkng abt me invitng her to meet ma parents. I definitely wil get a job b4 i meet her parents. Ma problem is after 4yrs wit me,she is yet to meet ma family except my younger broda. And she really wants to meet them i have bin prosponing it ova 3yrs nw.
Re: Should A Guy Propose Before She Meets His Parents? by saaedlee: 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
marvelito:
am talkng abt me invitng her to meet ma parents. I definitely wil get a job b4 i meet her parents. Ma problem is after 4yrs wit me,she is yet to meet ma family except my younger broda. And she really wants to meet them i have bin prosponing it ova 3yrs nw.

Correction Noted. There is som'in you are afraid of, that's why u haven't showed her to even your mum! What is that fear?
Re: Should A Guy Propose Before She Meets His Parents? by marvelito: 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2015
saaedlee:

Correction Noted. There is som'in you are afraid of, that's why u haven't showed her to even your mum! What is that fear?
nothing rilly. I had serious issues wit ma parents cos of d problems i had in sch. D atmosphere was nt just ok then. She is igbo and am urhoubo. My mum is nt tribalistic. I just wanted to do everytin at a perfect time.
Re: Should A Guy Propose Before She Meets His Parents? by saaedlee: 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
marvelito:
nothing rilly. I had serious issues wit ma parents cos of d problems i had in sch. D atmosphere was nt just ok then. She is igbo and am urhoubo. My mum is nt tribalistic. I just wanted to do everytin at a perfect time.
Wow, you've said it all; "The atmosphere wasn't okay"
Now is it? If yes, go ahead n invite her o'er, buh avoid a situation where you'll have to get funds from your parents to cater for her stay while @ your place!
Goodluck!

Hope you've gotten your PVC and ready to Vote?
Re: Should A Guy Propose Before She Meets His Parents? by marvelito: 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
saaedlee:

Wow, you've said it all; "The atmosphere wasn't okay"
Now is it? If yes, go ahead n invite her o'er, buh avoid a situation where you'll have to get funds from your parents to cater for her stay while @ your place!
Goodluck!

Hope you've gotten your PVC and ready to Vote?
so wot do u think i need to knw ma parents opinion abt her. Though am 100percent sure they wil support me wit her.cos she is a homely girl. Bt ma questn is, is it neccesary to propose b4 taking to meet ma parents or i shld wait afta she meets them. Am yet to get ma pvc o.

(1) (Reply)

Is She Still Worth My Commitment??? / Nairalanders Share Your Funny Valentine Experiences Here / I Dont Think I Am As Special As People Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.