Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? (26765 Views)

Okonjo-iweala Blames Jonthan’s Govt For Nigeria’s Woes / List Of All Countries Buhari Has Visited Since 9 Months / Boko Haram Burned Children Alive In Bornu; Over 100 People Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by sufido123: 3:06am On Jan 16, 2015
What type of change does Buhari portend?

Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by rocoh(m): 3:07am On Jan 16, 2015
koboko69:
Whats this thread for.

Jonathan what did you tell OBJ when.he asked about your slow response to the BH. He told you it will boomerang... what exactly is that?

Where you there?
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Eluwilussit(m): 3:08am On Jan 16, 2015
UGLYS:
Yet I can't understand how Nigerian Military single handedly brought peace in Liberia, a foreign nation and can't fight and defend its citizens on home soil.

#COGITATING#

It is simple now. There was no internal division of purpose. No traitors. No sabos. Lol
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by rocoh(m): 3:16am On Jan 16, 2015
noblezone:
In 2013, Jonathan was at a town hall meeting with Bornu Elders over Boko Haram.
I could recall that the Elders had asked Mr. President to withdraw the JTF, to which he replied he would, if they assure him there wont be any more killings.

Why all the lies that this recent visit was his first?
Why all these lies and propaganda?

It seems all our "progressives" have memory problems as well.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/sign-agreement-on-no-more-killings-i-will-withdraw-jtf-jonathan-to-borno-elders/

http://newsdiaryonline.com/jonathan-shocks-borno-elderssays-fg-wont-withdraw-jtf/

God bless you. I watched it Live that Time and I remember he gave everybody an opportunity to talk. He specifically said a youth should also come out and talk and the youth spoke his mind impromptu and Good luck was there writing and Jotting down himself. I watched this live.

We live in a digital World you.cant afford to lie and spread propaganda like before again. Nigeria is greater than anybody and any party and the truth is what should be everyone's goal.

Conscience is an.open wound, only the truth can heal it.- Uthman Dan Fodio.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by biogbruski(m): 3:41am On Jan 16, 2015
Japhet04:
*modified*

This topic having made FP might give me the best time to quickly expatiate on this...pls read carefully

you see...

when a man of great integrity and dependability is in an august position like GEJ's,you will have friends and enemies

but what I found out is that no matter who you are the very moment you come into affluent and august positions such as presidency or any other administrative position, you will always be criticized...

GEJ came 6yrs back he was seen as our 'Messiah' during his early years of administration even by many of our opinion swerved nairalanders

but I knew that the country we are is not the kind that will see you with a good eye through out your administration...

we are the ones who cry for the right leader but we are the ones who will in turn tarnish the image of a man who if given constructively polite criticisms can turn our nation to good being a man with a soft heart

Accordingly I have come to understand that the mindset of the Nigerian man is on the notion of imperfection and this applies even in our schools. and universities in Nigeria

so, it is a clear fact that if eventually buhari wins this election, I would assure sai buhari that you might regret your victory unless indeed you have truly changed for the better

But the pertinent question which we as Nigerians would want to ask is that if you sai buhari couldn't do it before, why should we be bent on believing that you can do it now...

Thank you

JAPHET04
baseless! So if u failed and repeated a class, u won't ever pass to get promoted to d next level!. Where av u seen a man who indulges in failure. Apart from cluelessness.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by rebranded(m): 3:42am On Jan 16, 2015
noblezone:
I could recall that the Elders had asked Mr. President to withdraw the JTF, to which he replied he would, if they assure him there wont be any more killings.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/sign-agreement-on-no-more-killings-i-will-withdraw-jtf-jonathan-to-borno-elders/

http://newsdiaryonline.com/jonathan-shocks-borno-elderssays-fg-wont-withdraw-jtf/

Oga March 2013, that is almost 2years so what are you talking about.

March to now at least 10,000 have died so what are you saying
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Daddybee: 3:57am On Jan 16, 2015
Pls dont mix things up. What ppl are saying is that this is first visit after the Chibok girls were kidnapped. True or false?
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Dahveydson(m): 4:12am On Jan 16, 2015
What Nigerians have clamored for is the visit to our Soldiers fighting it out with BH and not some visit to old men referred to as elder statesmen. I ask, what has changed? GEJ is slow and weak, he's reactive, rather than proactive, we've been under him for 6years and we've seen it all. Let nobody come here and make us feel like we were sleeping all through GEJ's 6year tenure. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by vanunu: 4:19am On Jan 16, 2015
Firmjudge:
True.
Abeg how many times Yar-adua[RIP] Visit Niger delta Creeks.
just curious.

U should ask them how many times obj visited niger delta.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by vanunu: 4:37am On Jan 16, 2015
Dahveydson:
What Nigerians have clamored for is the visit to our Soldiers fighting it out with BH and not some visit to old men referred to as elder statesmen. I ask, what has changed? GEJ is slow and weak, he's reactive, rather than proactive, we've been under him for 6years and we've seen it all. Let nobody come here and make us feel like we were sleeping all through GEJ's 6year tenure. God Bless Nigeria.

Democracy is a very slow system of govt.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 16, 2015
UGLYS:
Yet I can't understand how Nigerian Military single handedly brought peace in Liberia, a foreign nation and can't fight and defend its citizens on home soil.

#COGITATING#

Liberia situation is so different fromNigeria situation.

At Liberia, the enemy was "single"! There was unity of purpose among the soldiers.

In Nigeria, the enemy is multi-faced! They are found among the:
APC, PDP, Police, Navy, Airforce, Emirs, Imams, civil servants, market traders, students, and the Nigerian army.

Boko Haram is ideology with sympathy across the population of the Moslem north!
It is a marriage of religious and political ideologies.

While soldiers protected one another and fought like one in Liberia, in this case, they betray and back tabbed one another.

This is why it is very tough.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by ulysses: 4:56am On Jan 16, 2015
noblezone:

Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by ulysses: 5:00am On Jan 16, 2015
noblezone:

President visit or not!!!
Let's stop living in an illusive world. Wer in dis world even in war torn Afghanistan do u hear terrorist ransack any barracks....hear me...MILITARY BARRACKS o
Means Nigerian Army dunno how 2 use them or are under utilised.
The president should have prioritized this issue of killings.

Lemi b quick to remind U dat NA is Africa's & (still World 's respected) UN peace Team.
Ordinary Boko Haram & we are loosing soldier's + territories. Sure there is something we dont know or are not being told. Remember that GWOZA used to be where Police (Mobile) go for their training....so it shld b within skilled Geography.

Let we youths stop politicking this issue& Pray 4 an end to this menace.
I have signed up for change & I know U r also ready for CHANGE. ... NIGERIA can reclaim her lost glory.

HIT LIKE IF U FEEL ME!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Nobody: 5:01am On Jan 16, 2015
jayonpoint:

Did he visit since d kidnap of chibokgirls or which of d bombed scene did he visit after many catastrophe in either Borno, Adamawa n Yobe? U're quick to remember 2013 do u knw hw many pple died frm Jan-Dec 2014? n u tk pride in dat. Jonathan attitude depict wat leadership entails n Nigeria needs a better leader who cn lead it to conquer n Jonathan isn't dat leader.

People like u are d reason we need a change of govt. Wt D level of mediocrity n hypocrite Wich has reached its highest peak. Nigerians reject Jonathan. He shld let us b! Buhari/Osinbajo we want!

Jonathan was to be in Chibok, but the trip was canceled at the last minute by those in charge of his security.
Soldiers are betraying one another ans=d sabotaging the efforts of the government, who would you trust?
Perhaps, it would have been great news if the President was betrayed too?

On the other hand, neither OBJ nor Yaradua visited the Nigeria Delta.
Rather it was Jonathan that went tot he creeks to negotiate peace.

Mark my words, this situation is not about Jonathan.
Even if Buhari wins and is able to negotiate peace with Boko Haram, it is only a matter time!
An Islamic state up north can never be stopped, just like Biafra cannot be stopped.

I wish you well in your "change" but I will advice you to wake to realities.

Two cannot work together except they agree.
You cannot build a nation with people of extreme values and ideologies.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27433274
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Project400: 5:01am On Jan 16, 2015
The populace must ensure they get political information, especially in this dispensation, only from credible sources.

May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Dahveydson(m): 5:06am On Jan 16, 2015
vanunu:

Democracy is a very slow system of govt.
America, South-Africa and Ghana practices Autocracy?
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by rezy15(m): 5:15am On Jan 16, 2015
decode55:
GEJ till 2019!

[b]All ye Apc piglets, kindly go & hug the nearest transformer smiley smiley

That your illiterate fulani man can never rule this our beloved country

[size=25pt] Do not be blackmailed into voting this set of people who wouldn't mind killing thousands of innocent Nigerians so as to get into ASO rock.

[/size]

Vote for Continuity
Vote for Stability
Vote for GoodLuck Ebele Jonathan

God bless you smiley
[/b]
i for hug am but ur clueless paymaster no give me light!!
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by AdeMoss: 5:19am On Jan 16, 2015
I thought the issue was Jonathan never visited any attacked area in Bornu. For instance, he didn't visit Chibok.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by peedeeasobie(m): 5:31am On Jan 16, 2015
Kororugged:
Fraudulent lies by a fraudulent follower.

Your President is a weakling.

A strong leader goes to the war zone to encourage and support his/her troops.

A real leader will not be asking his subjects for assurances (in a war situation), he goes there as the Commander-In- Chief to demonstrate his power and ensure that Nigerians are safe.

You should be ashamed of yourself to even start this thread.

30 days to election, your weakling of a useless president decides to go to Borno wearing a bullet proof vest, the same facility he refused to give our gallant military officers at the war front.

Trending on twitter- #bulletprooffroallNigerians

Guy, Is everything Okay?
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Mentcee(m): 5:42am On Jan 16, 2015
Mod abi supermodel, una de sleep? May una update more topics for front page na?
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Swiftboy(m): 5:48am On Jan 16, 2015
So he'll the C-in-C means he must be at the war front! Something is wrong with your APC-Buhari brain-washed head! {no abuse intended} wake up man,wake up!
Kororugged:

A real leader will not be asking his subjects for assurances (in a war situation), he goes there as the Commander-In- Chief to demonstrate his power and ensure that Nigerians are safe.

30 days to election, your weakling of a useless president decides to go to Borno wearing a bullet proof vest, the same facility he refused to give our gallant military officers at the war front.

angry
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Swiftboy(m): 5:48am On Jan 16, 2015
So as the C-in-C he must be at the war front! Something is wrong with your APC-Buhari brain-washed head! {no abuse intended} wake up man,wake up!
Kororugged:

angry
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by judiciarypalava: 5:50am On Jan 16, 2015
Japhet04:
*modified*

This topic having made FP might give me the best time to quickly expatiate on this...pls read carefully

you see...

when a man of great integrity and dependability is in an august position like GEJ's,you will have friends and enemies

but what I found out is that no matter who you are the very moment you come into affluent and august positions such as presidency or any other administrative position, you will always be criticized...

GEJ came 6yrs back he was seen as our 'Messiah' during his early years of administration even by many of our opinion swerved nairalanders

but I knew that the country we are is not the kind that will see you with a good eye through out your administration...

we are the ones who cry for the right leader but we are the ones who will in turn tarnish the image of a man who if given constructively polite criticisms can turn our nation to good being a man with a soft heart

Accordingly I have come to understand that the mindset of the Nigerian man is on the notion of imperfection and this applies even in our schools. and universities in Nigeria

so, it is a clear fact that if eventually buhari wins this election, I would assure sai buhari that you might regret your victory unless indeed you have truly changed for the better

But the pertinent question which we as Nigerians would want to ask is that if you sai buhari couldn't do it before, why should we be bent on believing that you can do it now...

Thank you

JAPHET04

POINT OF CORRECTION

JONATHAN WAS SWORN IN AS PRESIDENT AFTER THE DEMISE OF YARADUA IN MAY 2010. Forget Anti People's Congress of 6years.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Swiftboy(m): 5:56am On Jan 16, 2015
rebranded:

Oga March 2013, that is almost 2years so what are you talking about.

March to now at least 10,000 have died so what are you saying
And you think he's the one that killed them? You've been brain-washed by propaganda. The C-in-C can order via telephone cant he? Is he the one to investigate things? What is wrong with your head? Is Goodluck to be blamed after these people refuse to heed the warning from intel gathered...may you be blamed unjustly for blaming the president for everything. Say amen.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Hudman: 6:11am On Jan 16, 2015
Ok no problem we don hear. Knowing the tragedy that has befallen the state, why did it take him so long to visit it again? Imagine! We are not fools again oh
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Onyiido: 6:14am On Jan 16, 2015
Kororugged:

Stop hating, u as the caring $ sincere citizen what happened to "be ur brother's keeper" adage. Though I don't support anyone of them, some pple will come here $ spew nonsense about our recent administration being bad. Tell me why nigeria will ever get better when we don't give them the support they need.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Onyiido: 6:18am On Jan 16, 2015
Swiftboy:
And you think he's the one that killed them? You've been brain-washed by propaganda. The C-in-C can order via telephone cant he? Is he the one to investigate things? What is wrong with your head? Is Goodluck to be blamed after these people refuse to heed the warning from intel gathered...may you be blamed unjustly for blaming the president for everything. Say amen.
Don't mind them that are spewing hatred. Its even we citizen that will be the cause of nigeria breakup with the way we reason.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Hudman: 6:18am On Jan 16, 2015
judiciarypalava:

POINT OF CORRECTION

JONATHAN WAS SWORN IN AS PRESIDENT AFTER THE DEMISE OF YARADUA IN MAY 2010. Forget Anti People's Congress of 6years.

Why you dey talk like this na? Nothing like sworn in! He has been leading since the death of Yaradua. Sum up the years it's 6years. Nothing like swear in... Be humanistic jor! If they give a job with an appointed letter to start on let's say on the 1st of February but after the interview you asked if you could start immediately and you started. If asked will you say you started on the 1st.... Na wa oh!
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by isaacameh0186(m): 6:22am On Jan 16, 2015
Firefire:
[size=15pt]APC, You belong to your father, the LIAR, and you want to carry out your father's desires.

He was a LIAR from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
[/size]

can you ameachi telling Nigerians that he fasted for ten months. What a lie? God help Nigeria!
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by PedroJP(m): 6:24am On Jan 16, 2015
eleojo23:

It has changed something. It has corrected the facts. It means that the lies that some people are trying to spread has been stopped in it's tracks.
Come on, is this all we can get from the progressives? Just propaganda? People are not that dumb, not anymore.

Tell 'em bro. Most of them shouting Sai buhari will equally come here to shout vote him out if at all he goes in there and comes up with his Islamic strategies. Fellows dat don't use their small brains. Uneducated Abokis laid out plans to brainwash and confuse d masses and some intellectuals are falling for it
Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by Swiftboy(m): 6:25am On Jan 16, 2015
Onyiido:
Don't mind them that are spewing hatred. Its even we citizen that will be the cause of nigeria breakup with the way we reason.
its not their fault,well meaning level-headed Nigerians wont go back to a vomit in the name of presidential candidate. I Expected APC to do better than that shit that cant win election except via lies and propaganda,inciting Nigerians against the government. Yes politics is a game,but the again APC-Buhari are rough in their play. Its only fools that wont see the fouls they've been committing.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies? by spenca: 6:37am On Jan 16, 2015
The issues at stake are actually quite clear: an extension of mediocrity or an opportunity for a change, ultimately rescuing Nigeria from further deterioration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Leaky Roof Mars Buhari's Inauguration Service At National Christian Centre / Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed / Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.