Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl (1962 Views)

Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... / 5 Statements Guys Don't Want To Hear From The Ladies / Reasons Why Most Guys Don't Want To Marry A Virgin Anymore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Zulash: 1:06am On Jan 16, 2015

The truth behind why nice guys sometimes finish last!

It almost seems like most men fall into either the bad boy or the nice guy category. In my opinion, the ideal man is neither, but walks that fine line between the two. While some women say they want a nice guy, they usually end up dating bad boys. Here's why!

1. Their Personalities Don't Seem Genuine.

Nice guys are too nice. No one can always be that nice unless they're a saint. They are busy being nice instead of being real and women instinctually don't trust that. Bad boys "keep it real." Nice guys don't want to upset the apple cart.

2. They Don't Have Self-Respect!

No one respects a doormat. Nice guys don't set boundaries or make any real demands. A bad boy doesn't let a woman walk all over him or control him. Women can't respect a man they can control. No respect equals no attraction.

3. They're SO Predictable—Which Is Just Boring!

Most people lead boring, predictable lives, so they're attracted to people who are exciting and a bit unpredictable. Bad boys are always a challenge. Nice guys are never a challenge. Predictable plus no excitement plus no challenge equals I prefer a bad boy.

4. Loving A Bad Boy Is In Our Genes.

Women are designed to nurture. However, instead of doing this with children, they often end up doing it with bad boys. They think their love will save them. Nice guys rarely need to be saved.

5. Women Like To Feel Needed.

Nice guys don't usually need "to be fixed". Bad boys usually do, so they become a project. Some women think if they can "create" the perfect man, he will never leave them. Also, if they're busy fixing someone else, they don't have to look at what needs to be fixed in their own lives.

6. Their Sperm Is Weak.

Women are designed to procreate with the strongest possible genes. Bad boys are sending an unconscious message that they have great genes, so they're not afraid of losing the woman by misbehaving. Nice guys are sending a message that they don't think their genes are good enough, so they won't misbehave.

7. They Have A Fear Of intimacy.

If a woman is afraid of intimacy, she subconsciously knows she can avoid it with a bad boy, since she can never get close enough to him to have to go there. A nice guy will eventually want a commitment, and that's scary.

8. They Sometimes Have Low Self-Esteem.

We don't feel comfortable with people who treat us better than we treat ourselves. If you don't think much of yourself, the bad boy is simply reinforcing your negative belief. A nice guy is treating you in a way you're not familiar with.

9. The S.x Isn't As Mind-Blowing.

Women feel a nice guy won't be good in bed. They sometimes like to be manhandled and think a nice guy won't be able to take control and get the job done. A bad boy comes across as being able to deliver, even though that may not always be the case.

10. Bad Boys Are Totally S.xy.

Have you ever seen a bad boy who wasn't hot? I'm sure there are a few, but they wouldn't be able to get away with half the stuff they did if they didn't look so good. Meanwhile, when a woman describes someone as a nice guy, she means, "He's not hot."

11. They Aren't As Charming.

Nice guys don't always know what to say and are sometimes at a loss for words. Bad boys can be very charming and know exactly what women want to hear. However, they eventually switch over to being selfish. By the time they reveal their true colors, the woman has fallen for them and has a hard time letting go.

12. They're Not As Strong Physically.

Historically, men have protected women — physically and otherwise. Bad boys give the illusion of being able to protect women, while with nice guys, women aren't so sure. Life is all about balance. Until men learn how to do that, more often than not, women will choose the bad boy, until they realize that his bad qualities outweigh his good ones.

More at: www.9jaexclusive.net

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Joshkid(m): 1:08am On Jan 16, 2015
Awwww
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by naijaboiy: 1:16am On Jan 16, 2015
Chìibwike don suffer sha! grin
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by InZA: 1:18am On Jan 16, 2015
naijaboiy:

gringringrin

I was going to say something verrrrrrrry close to what you said.

But you beat me to it. grin
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by naijaboiy: 1:24am On Jan 16, 2015
InZA:

gringringrin

I was going to say something verrrrrrrry close to what you said.

But you beat me to it. grin
gringrin
you can still say it na
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 16, 2015
I won't be surprised when 90% of Nairaland boys turn bad. grin
You ladies asked for it.
In Wizzies voice..Ni Ojuelegba o! Dem know my ..... lipsrsealed
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by mirexxx(f): 1:52am On Jan 16, 2015
OK whr r d nyc guys
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 16, 2015
i turn bad guyses at once!!!!!

no more mr nice guy!!!!

lols....like say i nice bfore....

me wey brutal anyhow
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 16, 2015
naijaboiy:
that guy nice gan,and I really respect him...
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Nobody: 2:42am On Jan 16, 2015
Me am in between,am very nice and very bad...I will serve you,exactly what suit you
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by golor(m): 3:43am On Jan 16, 2015
Bin NICE is d best,dnt read this nd try to b a bad guy cos it won't pay,nice guy re always remember for d best which is marriage,why bad guys just for few month of friendship...how ever d case may b,dnt let any girl change from bin nice to bad guy all in d name of friendship dat won't last rather b ur self....bin nice has so many respect nd reward Dan forming or bin a bad guy....team#niceguy#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by ReVizz(m): 4:05am On Jan 16, 2015
nla Sori ooo
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by coolest01(m): 4:27am On Jan 16, 2015
Be yourself... Nice or not, a girl that'll like u will like u
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by dechandel(f): 4:41am On Jan 16, 2015
Oriegwu!!

#Niceguysoverchickenthighs undecided
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Cruzeiro(m): 5:52am On Jan 16, 2015
True words op. Esp. On predictability. Guys turn ur jerk(de non-violent one o) on. Work hard, be a boss, be self-sufficient, then raise your standard thereby owning the discretion of discrediting the ones dt dnt meet up. The attraction game is nt meant for ladies only.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by vizboy(m): 6:31am On Jan 16, 2015
OK I hear.

but I still prefer been a nice guy

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 16, 2015
Zulash:

The truth behind why nice guys sometimes finish last!

It almost seems like most men fall into either the bad boy or the nice guy category. In my opinion, the ideal man is neither, but walks that fine line between the two. While some women say they want a nice guy, they usually end up dating bad boys. Here's why!

1. Their Personalities Don't Seem Genuine.

Nice guys are too nice. No one can always be that nice unless they're a saint. They are busy being nice instead of being real and women instinctually don't trust that. Bad boys "keep it real." Nice guys don't want to upset the apple cart.

2. They Don't Have Self-Respect!

No one respects a doormat. Nice guys don't set boundaries or make any real demands. A bad boy doesn't let a woman walk all over him or control him. Women can't respect a man they can control. No respect equals no attraction.

3. They're SO Predictable—Which Is Just Boring!

Most people lead boring, predictable lives, so they're attracted to people who are exciting and a bit unpredictable. Bad boys are always a challenge. Nice guys are never a challenge. Predictable plus no excitement plus no challenge equals I prefer a bad boy.

4. Loving A Bad Boy Is In Our Genes.

Women are designed to nurture. However, instead of doing this with children, they often end up doing it with bad boys. They think their love will save them. Nice guys rarely need to be saved.

5. Women Like To Feel Needed.

Nice guys don't usually need "to be fixed". Bad boys usually do, so they become a project. Some women think if they can "create" the perfect man, he will never leave them. Also, if they're busy fixing someone else, they don't have to look at what needs to be fixed in their own lives.

6. Their Sperm Is Weak.

Women are designed to procreate with the strongest possible genes. Bad boys are sending an unconscious message that they have great genes, so they're not afraid of losing the woman by misbehaving. Nice guys are sending a message that they don't think their genes are good enough, so they won't misbehave.

7. They Have A Fear Of intimacy.

If a woman is afraid of intimacy, she subconsciously knows she can avoid it with a bad boy, since she can never get close enough to him to have to go there. A nice guy will eventually want a commitment, and that's scary.

8. They Sometimes Have Low Self-Esteem.

We don't feel comfortable with people who treat us better than we treat ourselves. If you don't think much of yourself, the bad boy is simply reinforcing your negative belief. A nice guy is treating you in a way you're not familiar with.

9. The S.x Isn't As Mind-Blowing.

Women feel a nice guy won't be good in bed. They sometimes like to be manhandled and think a nice guy won't be able to take control and get the job done. A bad boy comes across as being able to deliver, even though that may not always be the case.

10. Bad Boys Are Totally S.xy.

Have you ever seen a bad boy who wasn't hot? I'm sure there are a few, but they wouldn't be able to get away with half the stuff they did if they didn't look so good. Meanwhile, when a woman describes someone as a nice guy, she means, "He's not hot."

11. They Aren't As Charming.

Nice guys don't always know what to say and are sometimes at a loss for words. Bad boys can be very charming and know exactly what women want to hear. However, they eventually switch over to being selfish. By the time they reveal their true colors, the woman has fallen for them and has a hard time letting go.

12. They're Not As Strong Physically.

Historically, men have protected women — physically and otherwise. Bad boys give the illusion of being able to protect women, while with nice guys, women aren't so sure. Life is all about balance. Until men learn how to do that, more often than not, women will choose the bad boy, until they realize that his bad qualities outweigh his good ones.

More at: www.9jaexclusive.net
& to think that you actually created this thread at about "1:06"...
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 16, 2015
mirexxx:
OK whr r d nyc guys
Yea. Over here.
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by bisi16(m): 7:21am On Jan 16, 2015
Lol.. girls deceiving themselves since d 16th century. Ha!
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 16, 2015
OP keep deceiving yourself.
There's difference between a nice guy and weaklings.
Your stùpid thread is for weaklings.

TeamNICEGUY... Say NO to jerks

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Welrez(m): 7:37am On Jan 16, 2015
Nice Guys... Don't worry, the beautiful ones are not yet born.
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 16, 2015
Somebody should define the term 'nice guys' it seems very confusing now. I know i ll never become a jerk to please a lady. If my being polite offends her, then let her find her bad boy
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Francman(m): 8:31am On Jan 16, 2015
VickyyB:

I dey wonder whether na nice abi naive OP dey describe since.
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by dotexxxy(m): 10:45am On Jan 16, 2015
am a nice guy and av not seen who or what can take dat away frm me... dont pray to.
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Arsenate(m): 11:48am On Jan 16, 2015
hahahahaha
utter utter rubbish. lmao. whoever came up with this is either a teenager or someone with an IQ of a toad or both.
hahahahaha.
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Cruzeiro(m): 3:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
VickyyB:

wht kinda jerks?
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by assfreaky(m): 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
So you see, Vickyyb? In spite of having a crush on you, I can never let you walk all over me. I will deactivate first before I let it happen.

I no be gentleman like dat o.
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
Cruzeiro:

wht kinda jerks?
Bullies
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Cruzeiro(m): 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
VickyyB:

Bullies
well dt depends vicky. I am nt a big fan of misogynism. But you see to every action there is an opposite reaction. I ddnt grw up watchn others nd hittin em' hard when they overstep their boundaries. I learnt nt to make girls a priority by rote nd believe me it is workn wonders.
So if you ar goin to call me a bully because i dnt fnd u lady enough to deserve my gentlemanly dispositions, or because i compliment seldomly nd only wen yu deserve it or because i stand on my point or even because i dnt butt-lick nd support dum ideas, den u cn trip off a cliff (figuratively speaking).
Women are attention and attraction abusers. It is hw dey are wired, it is wt de society made em', it is unconscious, dere mst always be an excuse.
De absence of evidence is nt de evidence of absence.
I find u reasonable, i trust u shd be able to argue constructively.
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
Cruzeiro:

well dt depends vicky. I am nt a big fan of misogynism. But you see to every action there is an opposite reaction. I ddnt grw up watchn others nd hittin em' hard when they overstep their boundaries. I learnt nt to make girls a priority by rote nd believe me it is workn wonders.
So if you ar goin to call me a bully because i dnt fnd u lady enough to deserve my gentlemanly dispositions, or because i compliment seldomly nd only wen yu deserve it or because i stand on my point or even because i dnt butt-lick nd support dum ideas, den u cn trip off a cliff (figuratively speaking).
Women are attention and attraction abusers. It is hw dey are wired, it is wt de society made em', it is unconscious, dere mst always be an excuse.
De absence of evidence is nt de evidence of absence.
I find u reasonable, i trust u shd be able to argue constructively.
That's not what I meant by jerk/bullies. Thanks
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by Cruzeiro(m): 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
VickyyB:

That's not what I meant by jerk/bullies. Thanks
ok
Re: 12 Reasons Why Nice Guys Don't Always Get The Girl by SMREXY(m): 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
mirexxx:
OK whr r d nyc guys
I used to be a very nyc guy... Bt sowie I'm now baed but gentle shawink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

GUYS Note: 3 things That Irks Girls The Most On First Date. / Who's Fault "Oga Or Maid?" / Is It Advisable For A Man To Marry A Woman Who Is Older Than Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.