Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (58419 Views)

Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? / The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by scholes0(m): 11:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ebubu3:

It’s funny how you fraudulently lie and claim Ijaw indigenouship in many states across Nigeria but fight against Igbo claims of Igbo indigenouship in many States across Nigeria undecidedundecided

I was starting to trust your opinion but now see through your two-face.

Which two face are you talking about? Go back to the other thread, I mistook another group (Agbo) with the Isobo that was being discussed. Besides, in this particular thread, the argument is not about the presence of Ijaws in Edo state but rather their population size.

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2023
scholes0:

Bros the truth is that Ijaws are significant in ovia SW. That was why I was telling you to forget that ward talk.
There are sizable villages of Ijaw extraction in that local government, and the Ijaws multiply at exceptional rates.

There is:
Ajakurama
Ofunama
Okomu Ijo
Gbelekanga
Inikorogha
Abere
Jamagie
Izide
Kolobo
Safarogbo
Binidogha
Ofineyege
Gbelebu
Asamara

Joint ijaw and Ikale (Yoruba) villages
Madagbayu
Abiala
Gbelemotin Oke
Gbelemotin Odo
Kekere

Ijaws are significant in Edo state, it isn't like they have just one or two communities and naught. Infact, the only difference between Ijaws in Ondo and Edo state is that the Ones in Ondo state managed to get and dominate a local government to themselves when they were separated from Ilaje to be on their own, while the ones in Edo are balkanized in 3, making them minorities in each one. All the ijaw villages in Ovia SW and Ovia NE can actually together be a local government.
I just really want to know how big or sizable these communities are, if they are tiny numerically as compared to their Bini neighbors even if they are many, it won’t do much. It is not how many communities they have that matters, but in the long run, how sizable these communities are is what will matter more. Iguobazuwa as a single settlement might close in on 75% of the population of their communities. Maybe any write up that seem to estimate the population of some of these communities would do very well for me.

Their settlements are swampy, sparsely populated, in
as much as i agree they have a very high birth rate. Their infant death rate is also astronomically high. Probably the highest in the southern part of Nigeria

Also this is the nature of their communities, as much as i would want to wear the toga of “they are marginalized” every other facts seem to agree to the fact that their wards are commensurate to their population in Ovia south west.

Look at Ajamimogha and Kolokolo, settlements of hundreds of people, some persons might cite this as An example of the fact that Ijaws has communities in Edo State.When these communities would not pass for a quarter in Usen or Udo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sWKmIKBg5c

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2023
scholes0:

Bros the truth is that Ijaws are significant in ovia SW. That was why I was telling you to forget that ward talk.
There are sizable villages of Ijaw extraction in that local government, and the Ijaws multiply at exceptional rates.

There is:
Ajakurama
Ofunama
Okomu Ijo
Gbelekanga
Inikorogha
Abere
Jamagie
Izide
Kolobo
Safarogbo
Binidogha
Ofineyege
Gbelebu
Asamara

Madagbayu
Abiala
Gbelemotin Oke
Gbelemotin Odo
Kekere

Ijaws are significant in Edo state, it isn't like they have just one or two communities and naught. Infact, the only difference between Ijaws in Ondo and Edo state is that the Ones in Ondo state managed to get and dominate a local government to themselves when they were separated from Ilaje to be on their own, while the ones in Edo are balkanized in 3, making them minorities in each one. All the ijaw villages in Ovia SW and Ovia NE can actually together be a local government.
I am aware more population means more polling units. That’s why Ikpoba Okha has slightly more polling units than Oredo with Egor undoubtedly the next. Then Igueben the smallest local government in Edo state has the least polling units with just 95 polling units

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 11:37am On Aug 30, 2023
scholes0:

There is:
Ajakurama
Ofunama
Okomu Ijo
Gbelekanga
Inikorogha
Abere
Jamagie
Izide
Kolobo
Safarogbo
Binidogha
Ofineyege
Gbelebu
Asamara

Madagbayu
Abiala
Gbelemotin Oke
Gbelemotin Odo
Kekere

these are Orhiowmon and Akoko Edo, two totally rural lgas with large population roughly of the same size, you can see the trajectory

The wards of iguobazuwa east and West respectively has 20 and 21 polling units respectively. Udo has 26 wards, Ugbogui has 34, Usen has 20, Umaza has 16, Ora has 12. These above are the seven Bini wards in Ovia south west. Ovia south west has 195 polling units. There are 149 of them in the 7 Bini wards. While the Ijaws have ofunama ward with 16 polling units, Siluko ward with 17polling units, and Nikorogha with 13

If it’s enough to create a small local government today, it might not have been enough in 1991, when the local government was created

Orhiowmon and Ovia north east are Big enough to partition into three each viable local government that each will still give the small Ijaw local government a run for its population. Even the Binis in Ovia South west is enough already for partitioning into two local government

This is the Iguobazuwa i went to in 2015, it’s a big place

See how full Iguobazuwa is, if you were not told, you would think this is a section of Benin City. Iguobazuwa skin full!!!!! Eeeh God. Mind you for persons who may quickly come to pass comments and do not understand the demography of Edo state. You will pass many isolated villages from Benin city before you get to iguobazuwa. It is over 40 kilometers away from Benin city and it is totally unconnected to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOO5rXdkWuc?si=SGn4mIAsGfX5FCDM

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Baby Bump: Naomi Ogunwusi Pregnant? / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women / Do African Americans Have A Culture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.