Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,716 members, 7,837,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

After 34 Years Jim Clancy Leaves CNN Because Of Charlie Hebdo Rants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After 34 Years Jim Clancy Leaves CNN Because Of Charlie Hebdo Rants (741 Views)

"Stop Calling Osinbajo VP, Buhari Is The VP" - Reno Omokri Rants / Cnn's Jim Clancy Blasts Buhari On Twitter Over Plagiarism "Immoral... Dishonest" / CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After 34 Years Jim Clancy Leaves CNN Because Of Charlie Hebdo Rants by emekauzor(m): 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
Today and with shock, Jim Clancy is no longer with CNN, why?what happened ? Well according to reports he engaged in a heated Twitter debate over the terror attacks on Charlie Hebdo.

He announced he is leaving the network after more than 30 years at the network. In a short note to his CNN colleagues, Clancy did not give a reason for his departure.

Read the full memo below:

After nearly 34 years with Cable News Network, the time has come to say Farewell!

It has been my honor to work alongside all of you for all of these years. This is one of the greatest news organizations in the world. It has truly revolutionized information delivery while driving technological advances in how we gather the news.

Through it all, CNN has been a family to my own family. That means something.

As I reflect on all of the great adventures and achievements of the past, I wish you great success in the future.

Jim Clancy

“The cartoons NEVER mocked the Prophet. They mocked how the COWARDS tried to distort his word. Pay attention,” Clancy tweeted on the day of the Paris attacks. Subsequently, he accused Israel and Zionist propaganda of being partially responsible for the attacks. As of yesterday, he had deleted his Twitter account.

A CNN spokesperson confirmed the news, saying, “Jim Clancy is no longer with CNN. We thank him for more than three decades of distinguished service, and wish him nothing but the best.”

Jim has since deleted his twitter account

source - http://www.ezeuzoma.com/2015/01/16/34-years-jim-clancy-leaves-cnn-charlie-hebdo-rants/

Re: After 34 Years Jim Clancy Leaves CNN Because Of Charlie Hebdo Rants by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
The only man who stood firm in his conviction that President Jonathan did not need to visit Chino after the kidnap of the girls since he believed it would not solve anything. This man is clearly a renegade journalist who prefers to view things from the other perspective. Farewell sir, fans of GEJ will miss you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 34 Years Jim Clancy Leaves CNN Because Of Charlie Hebdo Rants by Wittylens(m): 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
Wow! 34Long Years!!!

That's what I call loyalty...Farewell Sir.
Re: After 34 Years Jim Clancy Leaves CNN Because Of Charlie Hebdo Rants by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
Respect

2 Likes

Re: After 34 Years Jim Clancy Leaves CNN Because Of Charlie Hebdo Rants by ambassadorgozie(m): 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
Nawaoo...we go miss u

He is truely professional..
Re: After 34 Years Jim Clancy Leaves CNN Because Of Charlie Hebdo Rants by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
Story. It was his time to retire. How long is number of working years again, 35 years?? I thought so.
Re: After 34 Years Jim Clancy Leaves CNN Because Of Charlie Hebdo Rants by stevecantrell: 9:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
You can't rant against your boss (israeli zionists) who took over CNN after Ted Turner and expect to keep working there.

I guess he just had enough and resigned before they could sack him.

34 years ! Well done Jim !

2 Likes

Re: After 34 Years Jim Clancy Leaves CNN Because Of Charlie Hebdo Rants by SweetJoystick(m): 9:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
Nice, him still get life to take on the next challenge grin 3 decades no be beans sha
Re: After 34 Years Jim Clancy Leaves CNN Because Of Charlie Hebdo Rants by stebell(m): 10:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
Pishure of a screen shot of his twitter account saying farewell or.............

(1) (Reply)

Must See Photos........... Pdp Vs Apc / Fashola Unveils Fund-raising Strategy For Buhari. / Breaking News;buhari’s WASC Results Finally Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.