Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,566 members, 7,861,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:54 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1007079 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 2:31am On Jul 16, 2015
Obiwannn:

Documents you would need:
1) Admission letter
2) Letter sent to you by the bank containing account details
3) Any other letter (e.g accommodation offer letter) which must state that you were given accommodation in so so so place, and this usually comes included with account details. If it comes separately, attach it to the former.
4) Photocopy of your passport data page
5) NYSC discharge certificate
6) B.Sc. Certificate
7) Letter authorizing the bank to debit your account for the equivalent of the Euro you want to transfer.

Please note, all these should be copies.

Please concerning the bolded, does the bank need to sight the originals in order to perform the transaction? Or will only copies suffice?
Please note that I understand the copies will be submitted, I'm simply asking for sighting purpose.
Thanks.

*I had to abridge your very brilliant post to eliminate superfluity with regards to this post*
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 4:11am On Jul 16, 2015
casper9:
I am, just got admitted today

Wow! Thank God am not alone Congrats bro, which program? I sent u a pm

#team oldenburg 2015
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 6:05am On Jul 16, 2015
Obiwannn:

bros, 159? u are lucky o...when boys de see 300EUR for HH

Yeah, u can use Form A.
ALL CREDITS GO TO OBS3RVER
Yes I used Form A, boss. You can use it to pay for almost anything, as long as you have your admission letter, and other supporting documents.

Documents you would need:
1) Admission letter
2) Letter sent to you by the bank containing account details
3) Any other letter (e.g accommodation offer letter) which must state that you were given accommodation in so so so place, and this usually comes included with account details. If it comes separately, attach it to the former.
4) Photocopy of your passport data page
5) NYSC discharge certificate
6) B.Sc. Certificate
7) Letter authorizing the bank to debit your account for the equivalent of the Euro you want to transfer.

Please note, all these should be copies.

The process:

The first step is to approach the bank you want to use (I'd advice you carry your documents with you). When you get there, you would tell them you want to transfer some money to a foreign country for school purposes. Show them your admission and the letter from the bank in Germany. Some of them would tell you that it cannot be done, but you should insist that it can, and ask them to inquire for you from someone else (they initially told me it could not be done in the first two banks[ Access and GT bank] I went to, when I insisted, the ladies in both places inquired from their superiors, and told me it's possible)

The second step is when you want to transfer. When you get there, they would give you a Form A to fill. You should fill this carefully and neatly please as it is going to CBN. That, along with other documents, is what they would use to bid for Euro for you.
Depending on the bank, they would also give you an international funds transfer form, where you would fill the account details, as there is nowhere on the Form A to fill this (at least there was nowhere to fill account details on mine, so I used the international funds transfer form).
I filled this Form A, the international funds transfer form, and submitted the above listed documents, and when they checked and saw everything was in order, they told me I could go, that it would be treated.

The next day (because I went there late, like around 1pm, so they could not bid for Euro for me at CBN again that day) I received debit alerts for the money, plus charges. I went to the bank the next day to collect the Telex copy confirming the transfer.

They would have sent this Telex copy eventually, but if you need it urgently and if you need to confirm payment, you should go and request for it. I went to request for mine, and the branch manager sent an email to the head office requesting for it. They sent it to my email under 1 hour.

Word of advice: if you can use the headquarters of the bank, it would make the process smoother (though this is not compulsory, you might as well collect the number and email address of the person that would attend to you, and follow up).

Banks you can use:
Access bank, GT bank, FIDELITY grin (I personally went to inquire about these two, and I am 100% sure it can be done in any of them). Others mentioned on nairaland are First bank and Union bank.

Bank I used:
I used access bank, because they convinced me they would take just two days to initiate and complete the transfer, this proved to be true. With regards to charges on the transfer, Access bank charged the following:

Offshore charges: NGN 2500
Swift charges: NGN 2500
Manual handling charges: 0.5% of principal sum
Vat: 0.5% of manual handling charges ( I think this should be 5% and not 0.5%, I can't recollect. It's not much at all, it was not up to 50 naira for the money I transferred)

Principal sum in this case = xYZ Euros

Please note, the charges may vary from bank to bank, please inquire about their charges before you proceed. Generally, charges that have 1%, and above, for manual handling charges, should be avoided.

NB: I would not advice you transfer any money for WG from Nigeria, get there before you pay!

cool

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 6:19am On Jul 16, 2015
XpensiveT:
Interview done grin...it was superb. The chinko-german lady wasn't around. So i was interviewed by some1 else. That pretty babe wey come Goethe two weeks ago to talk abt visa processing nd all.

As we dey waka go her office, as a sharp guy..i said "good to see u again ma'am" nd she asked where we met b4. I told her at the Goethe institute nd she said "Oh! People like u really want to study in Germany". As we enter her office, she tell me make i sit down as she sharply type some things on are computer. I was very relaxed. Nd some minutes later, she burst out d first question. What is the name of your school and what program do u wanna study? I yarn her sharply. All d questions she asked was exactly dsame questions we all know.

I answered all her questions perfectly. She asked abt d city my school is located, oh boi, come see as dis oyinbo dey smile..me wey don sabi Freiburg pass my hometown now sef. I answered d question nd she no even bother to ask me what i know about Germany.
Also, when she asked about why i want to study the program, i yarn her stuffs so tey she skipped d next question wc is relationship btw my MSc nd BSc.

Again, dis lady ask me say make i mention some countries bordering Germany.. D style i use answer d question bad gan. I told her Germany is bordered by Denmark to d North, Poland nd Czech republic to d east, Austria nd Switzerland to d south, France nd Luxembourg to d south-west, Belgium nd Netherlands to d north-west. Dis babe(VO) was impressed ehn.. She said u really know alot. She no bother to ask me to mention d German state bcoz she don knw say i go yarn her d states with their capitals grin.

Where i con turn her head na when she ask me why i choose to study in Germany nd not other countries. God bless Eke40seven oo. Na his format i download for d babe. She jes dey nod her head like say i dey play Reekado Banks song for her grin

She asked about my sponsor too. She con change face small when she dey ask abt my sponsor...i don make up my mind say i no go lie. I tell her say na my mama dey sponsor me nd told her my mum business too.

Na so we end d interview oo. She tell me say make visa processing take 4-6weeks. Say make i go fund my account as soon as d deutsch bank send my account details. Na so she talk say make she see me off oo..i no bliv am. I was surprised tho. We jes dey chat dey go. As we reach d door downstairs, na so i yarn her one correct german sentence "Haben Sie ein schönes Tag" she smiled nd replied "gleichfalls Ihnen".

As i con dey comot d embassy, i jes dey remember say she no ask me some questions wey i don get sure answers for. E pain me say she no ask oo, Lol grin.

My advice: prepare very well nd don't ever get tired of reading ur planned interview answers. Read it like 2times a day nd thank me later.

My maximum respect goes to dem ogas of d house @Eke40seven @Dolpaz @Obiwannn @Oye50 @Hollaytan @kennyoguns0509 nd some other ogas i couldn't mention. U guyz are d best. God bless u all

#Maximum Respect #Danke schön

#TeamWinter2015 #TeamFreiburg Or Giessen grin
Congrats bro! your preparations were thorough....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by casper9: 6:49am On Jul 16, 2015
hollaytan:

Wow! Thank God am not alone Congrats bro, which program? I sent u a pm
#team oldenburg 2015
B.sc Engineering Physics
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Rickywowoz: 7:12am On Jul 16, 2015
Obiwannn:

hmm I studied CHE, but Power Engr bros that one e far oh!...
I think if you want to branch into Power you should first study Energy Engineering/Systems.
Power Engr is not the same as Energy Eng, and it is not even very close related sef. They are just related.
If na because of German Energy sector employment wan make u study Power/Energy Engr, then it's best you study Chemical and Energy Engr at OVGU Magdeburg.
Thanks alot for your response, i have also found some programs like Renewable energy engineering and management(Freiburg), Process engineering and energy technology(Bremerhaven),Energy and enviromental management(Flensburg), Energy conversion and management(Offenburg), Renewable energy management(Cologne), Energy science and tech(Ulm), Renewable Energy(Oldenburg), Renewable energy systems(Hamburg) and other CHE programs like chemical and biopress engineering(hamburg), chemical and biological eng(nurnberg). I'm still trying to narrow them according to application requirements and course content. I want also to study in an industrialised city with lots of job opportunities(make i fit hustle block account money for visa renewal). TUM is just the perfect school, a high ranking university in a good city.Na why me just begin find programme wey go suit me for the school and power eng is the only one wey relate to my course small. Thanks again for your response.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 7:36am On Jul 16, 2015
Rickywowoz:
Thanks alot for your response, i have also found some programs like Renewable energy engineering and management(Freiburg), Process engineering and energy technology(Bremerhaven),Energy and enviromental management(Flensburg), Energy conversion and management(Offenburg), Renewable energy management(Cologne), Energy science and tech(Ulm), Renewable Energy(Oldenburg), Renewable energy systems(Hamburg) and other CHE programs like chemical and biopress engineering(hamburg), chemical and biological eng(nurnberg). I'm still trying to narrow them according to application requirements and course content. I want also to study in an industrialised city with lots of job opportunities(make i fit hustle block account money for visa renewal). TUM is just the perfect school, a high ranking university in a good city.Na why me just begin find
BROS IF U LYK ME STUDIED CHE IN UR UG, THEN FORGET TUM. MANY OF D SCHOOLS U LISTED CAN RIVAL TUM (RANK), AND MUNCHEN (HUSTLE)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 7:45am On Jul 16, 2015
Please any University of Bremen applicant onboard?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2015
stoicism:
Someone was, but he got banned. Find Nellyb24
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diddykul: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2015
Kelvinpam:
Greetings to y'all..After attempting a tough WEBtest this morning, I just got admission to study chemistry in the university of siegen....itz the Lord's doing

Big thanks to dolpaz, Walesby, honourableseyi for their last minute help to beat the application deadline.

Please how many months did it take for the school to get back to you and which month did you apply @kelvinpam. Cos am waiting on response from the school as well
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 8:44am On Jul 16, 2015
stoicism:
AI ONE'. any goodies? im heading to unibremen.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 8:52am On Jul 16, 2015
casper9:
B.sc Engineering Physics
applied for same course, after sending my documents via mail, I haven't gotten a reply like my documents have being received . Can you enlighten me on how the process went.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by casper9: 9:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Galads:
applied for same course, after sending my documents via mail, I haven't gotten a reply like my documents have being received . Can you enlighten me on how the process went.
well after I applied via the online application portal, i was told to upload my docs via mail. i did that, and sme days later, i was told to send my certified docs via courier, which i did last week tuesday, it got to Oldenburg on monday, I got a reply dat av bn admitted yesterday. thats all
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 9:03am On Jul 16, 2015
casper9:
well after I applied via the online application portal, i was told to upload my docs via mail. i did that, and sme days later, i was told to send my certified docs via courier, which i did last week tuesday, it got to Oldenburg on monday, I got a reply dat av bn admitted yesterday. thats all
ok, congratulations. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by casper9: 9:05am On Jul 16, 2015
Galads:
ok, congratulations. Thanks
wishing you the best too. since wen did u apply?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2015
casper9:
wishing you the best too. since wen did u apply?
10days back
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by casper9: 9:22am On Jul 16, 2015
Galads:
10days back
ok bro. lets relate over whatsapp, contact me via email
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 10:04am On Jul 16, 2015
diddykul:

Pleas how many months did it take for the school to get back to you.

1 WEEK. I wrote the webtest 1 week after.

Got admitted same day. So in total 2 weeks.

You applied to uni of siegen?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2015
scofield03:
AI ONE'. any goodies? im heading to unibremen.

been expecting my admission but the portal kept showing "admission in progress". Material Chemistry and Minerology
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by vowolabi(m): 10:42am On Jul 16, 2015
amahtrendy:

Not yet my dear. Am tempted to write them a reminder seriously. U?
Nope... Buh a friend of mine called them and was told to wait till monday cause its usually along process
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 10:47am On Jul 16, 2015
casper9:
B.sc Engineering Physics

Mine is msc microbiology, my interview is next friday. When is urs, hv u open ur blocked acc
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 11:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Greetings all
just received a mail from the embassy giving me another date for the interview.
It was formerly 14:08, now 11:08

any1 experienced such before? undecided
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by riosworos(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2015
GURUS plz help..... Any idea hw long it would take for me to be able to withdraw d 1.8m naira block account moni?... Cos would want to payback to d ppl I borrowed from... Any1 wif info please assist
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 11:24am On Jul 16, 2015
Pls is there any1 here goinf for B.sc or B.A that have gone for interview recently?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 11:36am On Jul 16, 2015
riosworos:
GURUS plz help..... Any idea hw long it would take for me to be able to withdraw d 1.8m naira block account moni?... Cos would want to payback to d ppl I borrowed from... Any1 wif info please assist
Bro, from d little i learnt here, u cant withdraw everything at once, as ul only be allowed to withdraw a minimum amount of abt 670euro every month ( if am not mistaken).......dats all i know.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
stoicism:

been expecting my admission but the portal kept showing "admission in progress". Material Chemistry and Minerology
Contact your coordinator asap to know the actual status of ur application. my online portal also shows the same msg even after acceptance. It changed to '..in progress' shortly after i was accepted. Though the letter was supposed to be posted via mail but was altered because of the strike. so contact your dept. best of luck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 16, 2015
Oh! Okay I have been seeing PM notifications from casper9 I didn't know and didn't want to reply cos I don't do PMs. Okay so you are going to Oldenburg? Same course with me. That means we will be in same class grin. Great. Hollytan present Sir. So its 3 of us so far. I have done my interview. Have you guys done yours?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by osane09(m): 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
oligee:
Hello good people....I have been offered accommodation in Erlangen by studentwerk at a very good rate. 159€ precisely, all bills inclusive. I have till wednesday next week to pay up. Question is, can I pay through d Form A thingy, like paying into d blocked account? Secondly, please does anyone have any idea what to expect in such a room? Lastly, anyone going to FAU? Abeg make we relate o..
Danke!
please wen did u receive ya admission letter from FAU... And how(is it via mail or email)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by osane09(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
stoicism:

I applied for the same course...I have bn waiting n it has bn killing mi... I just don't understand d dept... Others dept has sent admission letters which many pple confirmed here... But nothing yet from material chemistry and mineralogy dept
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
hadassaheke:

Bro, from d little i learnt here, u cant withdraw everything at once, as ul only be allowed to withdraw a minimum amount of abt 670euro every month ( if am not mistaken).......dats all i know.....

No you are not. That is the truth.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
Copies would suffice. They did not ask to see my original documents, though I had them with me.

Williamso:

Please concerning the bolded, does the bank need to sight the originals in order to perform the transaction? Or will only copies suffice?
Please note that I understand the copies will be submitted, I'm simply asking for sighting purpose.
Thanks.

*I had to abridge your very brilliant post to eliminate superfluity with regards to this post*

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (469)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.