Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,344 members, 7,864,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1008486 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
takeastep:

Sorry for the rather late reply. i have been resting.

I took Turkish airlines; night flight. It was about 172k. Stopped over at Istanbul then immediately took a connecting flight straight to Hamburg. Then took a train straight to the city centre then a bus to my apartment. The flight was awesome. Ate everything on offer (No dulling; no go do first time gentle boy ooo. Your money covers everything)

Turkish airline allows 2pcs of 23kg. I took a very big bus which i think was bigger than 46kg; but i was advised by the custom official at MMA to split it into two. So, i think its advisable you get two bags too. Make sure you package your stuff very well, particularly your foodstuffs. Wrap them well in used newspaper and cello-tape each differently. Liquids arent allowed in the plane so you have to do a very tight packing. The immigration officers detected my body cream and it was seized. Do a tight packing, i repeat and be confident when you get to MMA. Those custom pple would always ask you what you have in your bag. Be free to explain.

I wasn't really queried. Once they heard i am going for a research and i am also a government employee...it was smooth sailing.

Get as much as would sustain you for few weeks before you settle down. As for me, what i have here might take me for a whole month. Rice, beans, garri, noodles, spag, even ogbono...lol

I hope this helps. Any more question? feel free to ask. The Hamburg Man is here for you. lol
172k? aww dats very xpensive o.......anyway its well.......gud day pple
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diddykul: 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
stevemims:
Lol! Bro i applied to the same department. Lets relate.

Please what is happening in that department?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
hadassaheke:

172k? aww dats very xpensive o.......anyway its well.......gud day pple

Yeah very expensive. Summer is always like that.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
takeastep:

I took Turkish airlines; night flight. It was about 172k. Stopped over at Istanbul then immediately took a connecting flight straight to Hamburg. Then took a train straight to the city centre then a bus to my apartment. The flight was awesome. Ate everything on offer (No dulling; no go do first time gentle boy ooo. Your money covers everything)

Turkish airline allows 2pcs of 23kg. I took a very big bus which i think was bigger than 46kg; but i was advised by the custom official at MMA to split it into two. So, i think its advisable you get two bags too. Make sure you package your stuff very well, particularly your foodstuffs. Wrap them well in used newspaper and cello-tape each differently. Liquids arent allowed in the plane so you have to do a very tight packing. The immigration officers detected my body cream and it was seized. Do a tight packing, i repeat and be confident when you get to MMA. Those custom pple would always ask you what you have in your bag. Be free to explain.

I wasn't really queried. Once they heard i am going for a research and i am also a government employee...it was smooth sailing.

Get as much as would sustain you for few weeks before you settle down. As for me, what i have here might take me for a whole month. Rice, beans, garri, noodles, spag, even ogbono...lol

I hope this helps. Any more question? feel free to ask. The Hamburg Man is here for you. lol

172K? JEEZ..That's pretty expensive shocked...Na 1st class you fly ni?
Anyway, thank you for replying.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
diddykul:

Please what is happening in that department?
I'm as baffled as you too bro. When did you apply?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
Obiwannn:

172K? JEEZ..That's pretty expensive shocked...Na 1st class you fly ni?
Anyway, thank you for replying.

1st class kwa? na Economy o. You got a cheaper flight?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
takeastep:

1st class kwa? na Economy o. You got a cheaper flight?

lol..I dunno oh, but boys will have to look for something cheaper oh..
thought I saw 120 something earlier this month when I checked flight prices to Hamburg, although the day of departure I keyed in was sometime in September. But with you having to pay 170+, I guess you booked like a week or two before departure? and it seems one really has to book the flight thingy way ahead of time.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
Obiwannn:

thought I saw 120 something earlier this month when I checked flight prices to Hamburg, although the day of departure I keyed in was sometime in September. But with you having to pay 170+, I guess you booked like a week or two before departure? and it seems one really has to book the flight thingy way ahead of time.

Funny enough i booked a week before departure but had to rebook and make payment 2 days to go. I kept monitoring the price but it didnt change much. The lowest within that period was 169k. you can do a thorough search for a cheaper flight. never mind the stop overs. The dont matter, you will definitely arrive here as scheduled.

Meanwhile, we are are now in summer big time. flights are much expensive this period. It will be cheaper in September - That's almost winter, i guess.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
172 is for return ticket i guess. another cheap flight is euthopian arlian with 2 hours stop over at addis ababa. by 5 am one is alreay in frankfurt. one way is around 123k while roundtrip is btw 170 n 180k

takeastep:

Funny enough i booked a week before departure but had to rebook and make payment 2 days to go. I kept monitoring the price but it didnt change much. The lowest within that period was 169k. you can do a thorough search for a cheaper flight. never mind the stop overs. The dont matter, you will definitely arrive here as scheduled.

Meanwhile, we are are now in summer big time. flights are much expensive this period. It will be cheaper in September - That's almost winter, i guess.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diddykul: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
stevemims:
I'm as baffled as you too bro. When did you apply?

It's been about 6weeks now and I received a mail informing me that my documents has been received
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
Obiwannn:

inability to read has become a very big problem in Nigeria.
You see the link just above you and you are still asking for them to send it to your mail
With such an attitude, I doubt if you will even be successful when you take the real test.

PS: DON'T QUOTE ME!!!

Bros you wicked oo..but na true you talk. I couldnt stop laughing
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
takeastep:

ABEG SHEY NA ONE WAY OR RETURN TICKET
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
takeastep:

I took Turkish airlines; night flight. It was about 172k.

Seems pretty costly according to this
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
lamingo:
172 is for return ticket i guess. another cheap flight is euthopian arlian with 2 hours stop over at addis ababa. by 5 am one is alreay in frankfurt. one way is around 123k while roundtrip is btw 170 n 180k

Yeah correct. I got return ticket.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
twinkle1:

ABEG SHEY NA ONE WAY OR RETURN TICKET

RETURN TICKET.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
Nathan2222:

Seems pretty costly according to this

Thats likely one way. I bought a return ticket.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
takeastep:

RETURN TICKET.

Aii
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by melphix21: 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
Please my new here, does any bank as the. Rite to declear the total amount in my acc to any embassy thank in advance
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
melphix21:
Please my new here, does any bank as the. Rite to declear the total amount in my acc to any embassy thank in advance

Rephrase your statement.. It's not clear

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 7:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
Wow, it's been a while, greetings to all on this lovely thread. Please I'll love to know if it's possible to pay uniassist now, and then send the documents later by october for summer application?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peruziii: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
well this is pick season so you cant get something less even if you book early. air fair will be cheaper from 6th september then you can get 120 or 130k
Obiwannn:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by melphix21: 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
I will like to apply for germany tourist visa but the problem isi have My account and still have another supportive acc I can use, just need clerification if the embassy have the rite 2request for my balamce or just econfirm if I have acc with the said bank
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peruziii: 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
melphix21:
I will like to apply for germany tourist visa but the problem isi have My account and still have another supportive acc I can use, just need clerification if the embassy have the rite 2request for my balamce or just econfirm if I have acc with the said bank

i think what you are asking is if the embassy will verify the statement of account you submit? well the embassy will only verify if what you submitted is genuine from the bank audit department, and will not ask the amount since you have submitted your statement . however some embassies do not have time for that. but bro i will advise you to be honest if you submit fake statement and you caught na barn be that.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babarexo: 8:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
yes you can pay now as the money will be credited to your account.This point was explained on their website.Hope this helps.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sekinatmi(f): 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
sekinatmi:
Hello Nlanders,
I just got admitted into university of saarland msc bioinformatics.Though am still waiting for their decision regarding scholarship which will be available by july ending.I need to open a block acct for my baby which I understand is 4000euro.I will lik to ask if I can proceed with the acct opening?
Pls is there anybody going to saarland or is there already.
Ogas in the house,please dont ignore my post.
@eke4seven,pls I sent you an inbox.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
sekinatmi:

Ogas in the house,please dont ignore my post.
@eke4seven,pls I sent you an inbox.

Write Eke40seven properly or else He won't see the notification

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
peruziii:
well this is pick season so you cant get something less even if you book early. air fair will be cheaper from 6th september then you can get 120 or 130k

with booking early or without booking early?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
peruziii:

i think what you are asking is if the embassy will verify the statement of account you submit? well the embassy will only verify if what you submitted is genuine from the bank audit department, and will not ask the amount since you have submitted your statement . however some embassies do not have time for that. but bro i will advise you to be honest if you submit fake statement and you caught na barn be that.

please do u know the embassies that verify and the ones that dont? I know for certain that US does not verify an account statement submitted at their embassy. Which other embassies do not?

takeastep:

Thats likely one way. I bought a return ticket.
why did u get a return ticket when one way could have been cheaper?
Or are you returning after the 3 month program?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by melphix21: 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
Nope nt fake statemment, have printed the statement and will summit nxt wk buh I need 2withdraw huge amount 4rm it now
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peruziii: 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2015
i mean if you are travelling from 6 september the air fare will be cheaper then
Obiwannn:

with booking early or without booking early?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peruziii: 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2015
you are correct usa issues visa base on credibility interview and do not care about document as they know document can be forge. so the consular uses their discretion. but uk and most schengen countries verifies. uk does more intense verification as they have a verification unit in their embassy which work is to verify document .
Obiwannn:

please do u know the embassies that verify and the ones that dont? I know for certain that US does not verify an account statement submitted at their embassy. Which other embassies do not?

why did u get a return ticket when one way could have been cheaper?
Or are you returning after the 3 month program?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peruziii: 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
bros then you do not have a problem you can redraw, as they will only verify the authenticity of your document . they have no business checking your balance even the bank will not tell them as that is confidential. they will only verify the genuity of what you submitted hope this has finally answered your question?
melphix21:
Nope nt fake statement, have printed the statement and will summit nxt wk buh I need 2withdraw huge amount 4rm it now

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (469)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.