Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (998726 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2015
Fatalveli:
A friend of mine wanna move to Germany for Holiday, 6months to be precise. He told me he wanted to work in his stay there, maybe the company he works for will probably recruit him or something but before that he said he doesn't have any idea on getting the working permit. We all know that without working permit, one will be used like a slave by the white-men and end up earning 10euros per hour. My pal ain't up for that task and he wants a real job that will make him earn 'Big' in his short stay, and if Future smiles on him. He might be retained. So does anybody know the tips on getting a work permit in Germany.

Cc. Justwise, Eke40seven
It is not possible to get a work permit in Germany with visitors / tourist visa. If he is given a visa he would most likely get only 3 Weeks stay but if lucky it could be 3 months which is actually rare. As for working, no company will hire him without the permit and if they do the company will be heavily fined. He cannot even rent a house. Let him research very well before make such move.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:47pm On Jan 31, 2015
obioraval:
Please, any TUM applicant/current student. I'm pushing my application but I don't have TOEFL/IELTS. Hope I will be safe with being a native speaker. My Gp is 4.26/5.00. I believe my Motivation letter is superb. Its just the Toefl/Ielts that's my worry now.

NB: because of the elections toefl might not hold on the dates for february as both dates are same

That's approximately mine too. Which course are you planning to apply for and what's your Bsc course?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
Eke40seven:

That's approximately mine too. Which course are you planning to apply for and what's your Bsc course?

Msc Communication Engineering. Bsc Electrical Engineering with my specialization in Communication Engineering.

I mailed the program director. Still awaiting his reply. Though I'm tempted to apply without English requirement.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mickyboiz: 12:12am On Feb 01, 2015
hollaytan:
. Have they contacted u based on their decision for admission?
nope as in what decision ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by frankdeco(m): 2:27am On Feb 01, 2015
Pls is any one applying for hochschule Mannheim? I need some help concerning the application form. Can I send it via email
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 2:47am On Feb 01, 2015
Ello guyz..,tankz for assisting us(prospective studntz)......am planning to apply for Msc Environmental and Resource Management in UT cottbus. Juz need to confirm frm d department if ma Bsc course is compatible...(Bsc Geography)...av sent dem a mail but yet to get reply...A plus is dat d department doesn't need proof of English from native speakerz......bt pls I wanna ask watz d prospect of working and studyin in germany...cheerz
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 5:44am On Feb 01, 2015
obioraval:

Msc Communication Engineering. Bsc Electrical Engineering with my specialization in Communication Engineering.

I mailed the program director. Still awaiting his reply. Though I'm tempted to apply without English requirement.
Brother, you need to check their course website as everything on the language is written in details. Generally, TU Munich will waive proof of English proficiency tests for those whose entire Bsc programme is completely taught in English. If you have not seen that already (always boldly written on their course website) then you may still have some works to do.

frankdeco:
Pls is any one applying for hochschule Mannheim? I need some help concerning the application form. Can I send it via email
Are you really positive you would get such answers here seriously
Go and check the official course website for the information (I bet it would be there) or mail your programme coordinator to guide you on the application procedures.
Not doing proper research through the right channels is the no.1 reason for rejections.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 6:01am On Feb 01, 2015
aibee01:
Ello guyz..,tankz for assisting us(prospective studntz)......am planning to apply for Msc Environmental and Resource Management in UT cottbus. Juz need to confirm frm d department if ma Bsc course is compatible...(Bsc Geography)...av sent dem a mail but yet to get reply...A plus is dat d department doesn't need proof of English from native speakerz......bt pls I wanna ask watz d prospect of working and studyin in germany...cheerz
Are you still azking thiz vague queztionz? Then you will honeztly need to type properly so that Google will consider helping or check the part one of this thread or the sister thread on how studentz zurvive in Germany.
Your concern should be Cottbus specifically and not Germany entirely. Cottbus is a small town in the former East Germany close to Poland. The prospect of getting a job there is very slim but luckily, the semester ticket allows free movement by public transport throughout the entire state of Brandenburg and Berlin. So that could be an advantage when it comes to hunting for job.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 6:56am On Feb 01, 2015
Eke40seven:

Are you still azking thiz vague queztionz? Then you will honeztly need to type properly so that Google will consider helping or check the part one of this thread or the sister thread on how studentz zurvive in Germany.
Your concern should be Cottbus specifically and not Germany entirely. Cottbus is a small town in the former East Germany close to Poland. The prospect of getting a job there is very slim but luckily, the semester ticket allows free movement by public transport throughout the entire state of Brandenburg and Berlin. So that could be an advantage when it comes to hunting for job.

@eke40seven
I must commend the great work you are doing in giving prompt response and keeping this thread alive, more grease to your elbow.
Though it is obvious the east and north are not as rich as the south and west Gemany, this does not mean there are no employment opportunity there, people living there survive. (and you can't compare the employment opportunity to that of our beloved country Nigeria)
It was said in the part1 of the thread by Oga at the top like jejet, topeajis, futurewise & co that getting a student job in Germany is a function of LUCK, LEVEL OF GERMAN PROFICIENCY and most importantly, SKILLS POSSESED. Its not a function of the east south west or north.
I remember someone in the east boosting of 2 well paying jobs in the space of two weeks while it took someone in the south 3months to get his 1st job.

The right advise to those interested in student jobs should be to Learn the language (at least A1), get the right skills (programming, statistics analysis, ICT in general and if going to a moderate african community, you can learn some artisan skills e.g fixing hair cost as much as £40) .

Choose your school based on your interest in the course and not the city/region where the school is located. The most important thing is getting to the system 1st.

My 2 Euro

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 7:43am On Feb 01, 2015
adenjnr:

@eke40seven
I must commend the great work you are doing in giving prompt response and keeping this thread alive, more grease to your elbow.
Though it is obvious the east and north are not as rich as the south and west Gemany, this does not mean there are no employment opportunity there, people living there survive. (and you can't compare the employment opportunity to that of our beloved country Nigeria)
It was said in the part1 of the thread by Oga at the top like jejet, topeajis, futurewise & co that getting a student job in Germany is a function of LUCK, LEVEL OF GERMAN PROFICIENCY and most importantly, SKILLS POSSESED. Its not a function of the east south west or north.
I remember someone in the east boosting of 2 well paying jobs in the space of two weeks while it took someone in the south 3months to get his 1st job.

The right advise to those interested in student jobs should be to Learn the language (at least A1), get the right skills (programming, statistics analysis, ICT in general and if going to a moderate african community, you can learn some artisan skills e.g fixing hair cost as much as £40) .

Choose your school based on your interest in the course and not the city/region where the school is located. The most important thing is getting to the system 1st.

My 2 Euro

excellent post.
can u say more about the programming/statiscal analysis skills?
what kind of programming software are we talking about here?
was considering learning maybe barbing/ plumbing plus perfecting my driving skills b4 going over there..
but as I'm relatively good with a system, I'd prefer computer work.
thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by donhuko: 8:06am On Feb 01, 2015
Happy new month pals. I've been silently following this thread from the part 1. I have a cgpa of approx 4.57/5. Looking to apply for msc power engineering in TUM, information engineering in rhein waal; and a couple other schools. God willing, my transcript should be out by first week of this month, so that I can start sending out my applications.
Wanna express my sincere and unalloyed gratitude to the elders of this great thread; Special mention to eke40seven. Thanks for your immense contribution to this thread. May God bless you and grant you all that you desire.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 8:58am On Feb 01, 2015
Mickyboiz:
nope as in what decision ?
yet to hear from them too, I applied for biotechnology in summer, what did you applied for?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 9:16am On Feb 01, 2015
adenjnr:

@eke40seven

My 2 Euro

Wow...Thanks so much for the insightful response bro....God bless.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:45am On Feb 01, 2015
adenjnr:

@eke40seven

My 2 Euro

Good response brother. Nice! Those things you mentioned are key to survival. Everyone should learn the basics of the Language and some ICT skills. I had emphasized that in the past too. Having them will increase your employability some notches higher.

However, I will still assure you that some place are meant for retirees and even younger people run to seek for opportunities else where. I know at least 2 Nigerian students I chat with on a day to day basis that school in Cottbus (although with some Nigerian presence) and their ONLY saving grace is their semester ticket that allows them into Berlin and Potsdam. You can ask topeajis, jejet and Futurewise to tell you where they live (which are all fantastic places by every standard) then you will understand my point.
Not everywhere is bad of course, after all, Berlin is in the east and Hamburg is in the North and we can't use an isolated case to judge all, but analyse individual situations and it'd dynamics.

If you are going to those "low opportunity" towns and villages with only about just one shop to the whole populace and farther from other places, then you must go with enough funds to sustain you for a while, that's the hard fact.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mickyboiz: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2015
hollaytan:
yet to hear from them too, I applied for biotechnology in summer, what did you applied for?
enviromental resource management, ar u aplyn for Bsc ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 11:43am On Feb 01, 2015
Obiwannn:

excellent post.
can u say more about the programming/statiscal analysis skills?
what kind of programming software are we talking about here?
was considering learning maybe barbing/ plumbing plus perfecting my driving skills b4 going over there..
but as I'm relatively good with a system, I'd prefer computer work.
thanks
All programming/statistical analysis/ICT in general are lucrative in Germany. You can read jejet's post in page 67 part1 of this thread.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by youngpboy: 11:59am On Feb 01, 2015
Happy sunday to everyone in the house. Please, the houx i want to know if student are been given complete access to their block account at their arrival in Germany without restricting the access to the account. Please i need response please.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 12:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
Mickyboiz:
enviromental resource management, ar u aplyn for Bsc ?
am applying for msc
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Tell him to run for Nigerian presidential election, that will be easier to achieve than getting work permit with visiting visa.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
Eke40seven:

Good response brother. Nice! Those things you mentioned are key to survival. Everyone should learn the basics of the Language and some ICT skills. I had emphasized that in the past too. Having them will increase your employability some notches higher.

However, I will still assure you that some place are meant for retirees and even younger people run to seek for opportunities else where. I know at least 2 Nigerian students I chat with on a day to day basis that school in Cottbus (although with some Nigerian presence) and their ONLY saving grace is their semester ticket that allows them into Berlin and Potsdam. You can ask topeajis, jejet and Futurewise to tell you where they live (which are all fantastic places by every standard) then you will understand my point.
Not everywhere is bad of course, after all, Berlin is in the east and Hamburg is in the North and we can't use an isolated case to judge all, but analyse individual situations and it'd dynamics.

If you are going to those "low opportunity" towns and villages with only about just one shop to the whole populace and farther from other places, then you must go with enough funds to sustain you for a while, that's the hard fact.
I agree with you but my point is: its not everybody that can be admitted to schools is the south and the west, instead of running away from the east/north, people should start learning how to survive/how others are surviving there.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by youngpboy: 1:36pm On Feb 01, 2015
Can anyone help me compare Bad Honnef with Heidelberg in germany and tell me the most suitable place for Nigeria student to study.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
adenjnr:

I agree with you but my point is: its not everybody that can be admitted to schools is the south and the west, instead of running away from the east/north, people should start learning how to survive/how others are surviving there.

Good point. However, my points are basically different. As I said before you can't say ","West" or "East", "North" or "South" and I have never looked at it that way after all, the school I had admission in was in the East and naturally my sentiments lean towards there. One should treat individual situations differently. For instance, Leipzig, Dresden, Berlin, Potsdam are all in the east and by every standard they are fantastic places to be in and if your school is close to these places, you can more than survive there.

On the other hand, Its just a shame some people do not come around to explain their challenges. You would have appreciated what am saying more especially when you go with the mindset of MAKING GOOD CASH while schooling, you may be disappointed if you stay in those places. What I'm saying is based on fact, some people are looking for a way to transfer! They will not just come in the open to admit it or they will rather miss from the thread.

However, language and some skills will always come in handy and improves your odds to survive.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 2:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
youngpboy:
Happy sunday to everyone in the house. Please, the houx i want to know if student are been given complete access to their block account at their arrival in Germany without restricting the access to the account. Please i need response please.
No, you will be restricted to s certain amount monthly for 12 months.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
Eke40seven:

Good point. However, my points are basically different. As I said before you can't say ","West" or "East", "North" or "South" and I have never looked at it that way after all, the school I had admission in was in the East and naturally my sentiments lean towards there. One should treat individual situations differently. For instance, Leipzig, Dresden, Berlin, Potsdam are all in the east and by every standard they are fantastic places to be in and if your school is close to these places, you can more than survive there.

On the other hand, Its just a shame some people do not come around to explain their challenges. You would have appreciated what am saying more especially when you go with the mindset of MAKING GOOD CASH while schooling, you may be disappointed if you stay in those places. What I'm saying is based on fact, some people are looking for a way to transfer! They will not just come in the open to admit it or they will rather miss from the thread.

However, language and some skills will always come in handy and improves your odds to survive.
I get your point bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by youngpboy: 5:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
Eke40seven:

No, you will be restricted to s certain amount monthly for 12 months.

okay thanks @Eke40seven
Please Can u help me compare Bad Honnef with Heidelberg
in germany and tell me the most suitable place for Nigeria
student to study.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
youngpboy:

okay thanks @Eke40seven
Please Can u help me compare Bad Honnef with Heidelberg
in germany and tell me the most suitable place for Nigeria
student to study.
I didn't know Bad Honef am Rhein until you mentioned it. I got to know it is just close to Bonn or even part of it. Bonn itself don't forget is the former capital of West Germany. its close to Aachen, Cologne, Leverkusen and Bergisch Gladbach. So I asked a friend in Cologne to confirm the very little Google revealed of the little town and he confirmed that its a axis for the very rich and in fact the richest in the state of NRW. There are not many industries and factories but there are many service oriented jobs. something tells me a knowledge of German will come in handy to utilise the opportunities here and I heard housing is quite expensive because its a rich suburb. Bad Honef, is actually a good place if you have the money.

I talked about Heidelberg in details last year. its a fantastic place too but expensive. It close to Manheim, Stuttgart, Heilbronn, Karlsruhe, Pforzheim. If you are the type that's it not satisfied with staying within your state borders, then breaking beyond your horizon wouldn't be a like going to the moon. Get into a train and in 45-60 minutes time you will read a sign saying "Willkomen in Frankfurt" and oh! before we miss an important detail, you could branch in Darmstadt to take a quick selfie, and at Mainz to watch a Bundesliga match. Before you reach Wiesbaden which is not more than 15 minutes from Mainz, you would have been feed up with sight seeing and just head straight for Frankfurt to enjoy the business city. Note however, that your semester ticket will not cover the last 4 cities I mentioned. So go with enough cash so that you won't hitch-hike back.

Heidelberg is expensive as I heard but the prospect for jobs there is high too and again its proximity to all that great place I mentioned makes it fantastic for jobs and living.

I hope you find it useful

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
Eke40seven:

I didn't know Bad Honef am Rhein until you mentioned it. I got to know it is just close to Bonn or even part of it. Bonn itself don't forget is the formal capital of West Germany. its close to Aachen, Cologne, Leverkusen and Bergisch Gladbach. So I asked a friend in Cologne to confirm the very little Google revealed of the little town and he confirmed that its a axis for the very rich and in fact the richest in the state of NRW. There are not many industries and factories but there are many service oriented jobs. something tells me a knowledge of German will come in handy to utilise the opportunities here and I heard housing is quite expensive because its a rich suburb. Bad Honef, is actually a good place if you have the money.

I talked about Heidelberg in details last year. its a fantastic place too but expensive. It close to Manheim, Stuttgart, Heilbronn, Karlsruhe, Pforzheim. If you are the type that's it not satisfied with staying within your state borders, then breaking beyond your horizon wouldn't be a like going to the moon. Get into a train and in 45-60 minutes time you will read a sign saying "Willkomen in Frankfurt" and oh! before we miss an important detail, you could branch in Darmstadt to take a quick selfie, and at Mainz to watch a Bundesliga match. Before you reach Wiesbaden which is not more than 15 minutes from Mainz, you would have been feed up with sight seeing and just head straight for Frankfurt to enjoy the business city. Note however, that your semester ticket will not cover the last 4 cities I mentioned. So go with enough cash so that you won't hitch-hike back.

Heidelberg is expensive as I heard but the prospect for jobs there is high too and again its proximity to all that great place I mentioned makes it fantastic for jobs and living.

I hope you find it useful

God bless you.
u write like a poet lol

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
those who wanna take IELTS

USE CAMBRIDGE 1 TO 9
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-ikaTdt2XnEQ2xqY3ZNQlZGUm8&usp=sharing&tid=0B-ikaTdt2XnEXzhWLXJhYWR5OHM

www.ieltsbuddy.com

and

ielts-simon.com/ielts-help-and-english-pr/ielts-writing-task-2/page/2/

cc dolpaz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 12:37am On Feb 02, 2015
[quote author=obioraval post=30310588]Please, any TUM applicant/current student. I'm pushing my application but I don't have TOEFL/IELTS. Hope I will be safe with being a native speaker. My Gp is 4.26/5.00. I believe my Motivation letter is superb. Its just the Toefl/Ielts that's my worry now.

NB: because of the elections toefl might not hold on the dates for february as both dates are same[/quote yes I'm applying to TUM. Which course do you apply for? You don't have a problem! TUM accept letter of prroficiency in English from ur university.
My 2 euros
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 10:49am On Feb 02, 2015
Morning lovely house, need a counsel from the house please. Intend applying into ESB reutlingen for my desired course (Bsc International Business), I have all the required docs except the proof of English lang skills. Can I use the proficiency letter (for trial ooo)...as they insist on the toelf and co? Regardless of that, I will be fully prepared for the OCtober deadline. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DANNIEmore: 11:09am On Feb 02, 2015
femo86:
Morning lovely house, need a counsel from the house please. Intend applying into ESB reutlingen for my desired course (Bsc International Business), I have all the required docs except the proof of English lang skills. Can I use the proficiency letter (for trial ooo)...as they insist on the toelf and co? Regardless of that, I will be fully prepared for the OCtober deadline. Thanks

My brother, I would advice you follow instructions as they have told you. When you do so, you would hardly have doubts of your admission rejection. Alternatively, email the school to ask first. Goodluck!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DANNIEmore: 11:14am On Feb 02, 2015
youngpboy:

And to add to what Ekeh said, you would be restricted to about €670.00 monthly. . However, you could check the deutsch bank/ embassy's website for updated info about this. .

Nevertheless, this info is subject to corrections tho....
Goodluck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.