Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (80239 Views)

Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by rebella(f): 11:37am On Jan 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 18, 2015
babygirlfl:
Thank you op for the lovely thread. You put a smile on my face this Sunday morning.

I love staying indoors. Friends and sometimes family would tell me to try and go out a little bit more. My lovely friend would say - you don't meet people while indoors. She was wrong in my case. Love found me at home.

We lived in the same city both in Nigeria and in the UK. My sister was travelling to Nigeria and his sister needed to send a parcel home. His sister gave him the parcel to give me to pass on to my sister. Somehow that parcel took a few hours to drop. Been married a few years now.

You're welcome! smiley

Thanks for sharing your story. Tell us more details if you like.

I think, your story will encourage introverts and people who like being at home a lot. I am not an introvert, not an extrovert either but I love being at home. smiley
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by helen4(f): 12:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
Such a memory!!!!!! He was my cousin's friend. My cousin and i went to his place that fateful day around december 2008( though I've been seeing him around my cousin and i do make jest of him) and he became the older brother I've longed for cos of his tenderness, care and understanding. Each time i have any wahala he was there for me, he knew all about my relationships and he'll always encourage and advice me, he was so patient. It happened this fateful day dat i went to my guy's place (boyfriend) and i met him and another lady in the bathroom, i ran as fast as my leg could carry me to my solace(cousin's friend), i told him everthing and he just smiled and said "he who knows the worth of gold values it" and that's all i heard wen he kissed me so deeply and right there i knew i wanted him. We got married 2012. Such a wonderful friend he was and he is still my best friend.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by oluyemisee(f): 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:
Kaduna polytechnic library. ...May 7th 2008.

Just knew she was meant for me.....It's inexplicable shaaa.

Isah kaita connection...congrats
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by edwife(f): 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
Well to cut the story short,i was born June 10th,met him June 12th and got married June 24th... cheesy

Happy Sunday everyone.

13 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by dein77(m): 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
cupidhero:

This is love! I swear i'm loving this thread and your fairy tale-ish story. This thread and the stories here are better than a combo of The notebook,Titanic and the Twilight saga. Na happily ever after me they wish you and your family. Happy sunday!

Happy Sunday too. Na so e be. Love happens at the weirdest of nooks and cranes.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by dein77(m): 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
oluyemisee:
Isah kaita connection...congrats

Yes oo.....That institution don give me wife....just like that.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
cupidhero:

This is love! I swear i'm loving this thread and your fairy tale-ish story. This thread and the stories here are better than a combo of The notebook,Titanic and the Twilight saga. Na happily ever after me they wish you and your family. Happy sunday!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
When i do meet her, I am almost sure that our meeting would just be uneventful.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
A
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Ehimenboy(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
Wow!
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
striktlymi:
When i do meet her, I am almost sure that our meeting would just be uneventful.

Why do you think so?
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
helen4:
Such a memory!!!!!! He was my cousin's friend. My cousin and i went to his place that fateful day around december 2008( though I've been seeing him around my cousin and i do make jest of him) and he became the older brother I've longed for cos of his tenderness, care and understanding. Each time i have any wahala he was there for me, he knew all about my relationships and he'll always encourage and advice me, he was so patient. It happened this fateful day dat i went to my guy's place and i met him and another lady in the bathroom, i ran as fast as my leg could carry me to my solace, i told him everthing and he just smiled and said "he who knows the worth of gold values it" and that's all i heard wen he kissed me so deeply and right there i knew i wanted him. We got married 2012. Such a wonderful friend he was and he is still my best friend.

Thanks for sharing. You married your friend. cheesy
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
edwife:
Well to cut the story short,i was born June 10th,met him June 12th and got married June 24th... cheesy

Happy Sunday everyone.

Happy Sunday. cheesy
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by soonest(f): 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
InZA:

I find it "interesting" that people often suggest the bolded, but my concern is, we are not talking about changing cars, or shoes or kitchen wares, these are actual, living, breathing people with the capacity to feel hurt, dejected, frustrated and a whole lot of other emotions that find themselves rooted in heart breaks/breakups and the moving on decision.

That said, I really understand what you're saying, you've made really strong points. Summarily, I think my fear is the thought of being responsible for breaking someone's heart.... I detest the thought of that and believe you me it's not because I'm a people pleaser, neither is it because I want to remain perpetually in people's good graces. But that's just me.... I'd rather not go into a relationship than go into one that might end up with me likely breaking her heart. That's just me

I'm queer I know embarassed
Reading through your posts, i don't think you are really into ladies(i don't mean you are a homo o). I also think you are analytical so i doubt you will be struck with love at first sight. My advice date your friends and you may find yourself gradually falling for one.
Pls i may be wrong, just my thoughts.
Op, an interesting topic i must say

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Why do you think so?

Just a hunch I have.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
striktlymi:

Just a hunch I have.

Let us know if it comes true when you finally meet her. wink
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by oluplus(m): 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
interesting

14 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Odunharry(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
ihedinobi2:

Are these girls that have known you for a while or girls that just met you?
i have known them for a while
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
It was the year 2022, my company an IOC had just changed flight contractors that do carry us to the oil rig, i was going for a routine inspection, and as i approached the helicopter i saw probably the most beautiful thing i, ve ever seen in my life. She was the pilot, she was putting on a dark spectacle. She was such a beauty. I was stunned and i didnt know when i waved her. I was even thinking she would ignore.

Then it happened she waved back. I was like O.M.G, she just waved.
I,m usually afraid when flying, but it was as if time stopped, and nothing else mattered.not even the fear of crashing, while we were on board and all i could think of was her. To be continued. ... in yr 2022

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by dein77(m): 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
oluplus:
We were classmates then in school ( better by far). It started from night class tutorials, practical group and reading together, fortunately we atteneded the same fellowship and in the same unit., so it was not difficult when I asked her out in our final year. Today , she's the mother of my 2 boys. Good to marry your friend.

Short, but beautiful.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
westmest:
It was the year 2022, my company an IOC had just changed flight contractors that do carry us to the oil rig, as i approached the helicopter i saw probably the most beautiful thing i, ve ever seen in my life. She was the pilot, she was putting on a dark spectacle. She was such a beauty. I was stunned and i didnt know when i waved her. I was even thinking she would ignore. Then she waved back. While we were in the air
All i could think of was her. To be continued. ...

cheesy cheesy cheesy
oluplus:
We were classmates then in school ( better by far). It started from night class tutorials, practical group and reading together, fortunately we atteneded the same fellowship and in the same unit., so it was not difficult when I asked her out in our final year. Today , she's the mother of my 2 boys. Good to marry your friend.

Nice.
wowww.. Lovely thread. . kiss kiss kiss kiss

Love is sweet kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss cool

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by InZA: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
soonest:

Reading through your posts, i don't think you are really into ladies(i don't mean you are a homo o). I also think you are analytical so i doubt you will be struck with love at first sight. My advice date your friends and you may find yourself gradually falling for one.
Pls i may be wrong, just my thoughts.
Op, an interesting topic i must say

gringringrin

Yeah I understand you smiley

What does it mean to be "really into ladies" or not to be?
From a lady's point of view, would you be willing to tell me?

I have an appreciable dose of the Melancholic temperament, so I'd agree with you 100% that I'm quite analytical.... It's a good thing isn't it? embarassed
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by dein77(m): 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
MarvellousGod:
wowww.. Lovely thread. . kiss kiss kiss kiss

Love is sweet kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss cool

Happy Sunday, dear.

Yes. It's a beautiful thing.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by InZA: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
You guys should come and share more successful love stories... Come now or else! angry
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by edwife(f): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Happy Sunday. cheesy

Thanks dear...

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by bukatyne(f): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
ihedinobi2:

How'd you figure that out?

Bukatyne, did he say nothing or avoid wooing you for four months? What happened? How'd you too start dating?

Sorry for late response

We were friends even though very close.

He wooed me in the 4th.month, I said not interested, reported my case to the elder bros he was staying with who advised him to keep praying & joined him in prayers...

You know Yoruba's proverb of What is yours will not pass you by wink

Said yes reluctantly a month later...

The rest they say, is history grin

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by bukatyne(f): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
captcochrane:

sorry, u went to lautech?
dt bio 101 sounds familiar

No
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by bukatyne(f): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
cococandy:
see baby love. Oya full gist

Lol!

What do you want to know? wink

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by dein77(m): 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
bukatyne:

Sorry for late response

We were friends even though very close.

He wooed me in the 4th.month, I said not interested, reported my case to the elder bros he was staying with who advised him to keep praying & joined him in prayers...

You know Yoruba's proverb of What is yours will not pass you by wink

Said yes reluctantly a month later...

The rest they say, is history grin

Beautiful love story. The rest is history. Today, you are his.

Good to see you once again....

Happy Sunday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Mummy Calm Down: Oreofeoluwa Becomes Estate Ambassador In Abuja (PHOTOS) / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / First Families Of The World.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.