Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? - Family (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (80124 Views)

Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by HFOG(f): 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
Nasty22:

choi diz ur the "lord" too mch o.. Started finking u were a deeper life member.
there's freedom of thoughts my dear so feel free to think whatever...

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by AyeeIdris(f): 6:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
see all these romantic stories sha.
it was a slow friday at work. so i was surfing the net and playing farmville. got a buzz from someone at a chatting site. we got talking.
he : i live at ......
me: i grew up there.
he: really i stayed at street ...
me: me too
he: serious
me: very
he: i stay at no..... are u alhaji .... daughter? u have a sister named ......
me: yes ooooo
he: then u must know the ........
me : ofcourse ( ii had no idea....
.picks phone and calls my younger sister and asked about the family in question. my sister was the darling of the street then. very cute and friendly . she gave a name ) u have a brother named .......
so thats how we gor talking. turns out we were equally doing masters at lag. me part time, he full time different departments

so we find time to meet one day. i remember my first impression... damn his head is huge... so we got talking and dating. he is the most unromantic person in the world but a jolly good sport for my goofiness. after a year, he said he wanted to meet my mother. i asked for what. he said bush gel, should i not meet ur mum before marrying u. i was like bush man is dat how u ask a girl to marry u? do it properly. i want the whole bended knees. he grumbled something about indian movie corrupting me.
A week later, he asked how i want to be proposed to. annoyed at this point, i told him he should not ask me directly. he should use stealth and make it romantic. he was silent. 2 days later, his friend called and said bros said he should find if i want real or fake roses, cos real roses are expensive for flowers that will soon die. never did get my dream proposal. sigh.
here we are . 3 years now. we have a princess. he is unromantic but he makes an effort and dats all

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by EfemenaXY: 10:13am On Jan 24, 2015
LordReed:
Spam bot made me late for this party. EfemenaXY carefreewannabe I now understand the tiptoeing you guys where doing with the language thing, I jumped in with both feet and got myself a ban. Anyways here goes.

A female friend called me up to assist her in house hunting. She told me someone else would be joining us if I don't mind and I said it was okay. At the place we went to see I met this friend of my friend. Polite greetings and that was all, no spark not even her beauty struck me but as we were driving to drop her off she said something that made me do a double take and look at her in the rear view mirror to make sure it was actually her speaking, LoL. She said a man had offered her a job, house and car in exchange for becoming the man's "pet". She said she dammed the man and said a big NO. This is in Abuja and this "poor" beautiful girl is turning down such a juicy offer? OMG I knew I had to find out if she was for real or not.

After we drop her off I told my friend, "give me this your friend na" and she said she'll find out if it was OK to give me her phone number. A couple of days later she sends it to me and tells me to give this unbelievable babe a call. The call lead to a friendship through which I discovered that the babe was for real. I then prayed to God that I have found o! You said he that findeth a wife has found a good thing and obtains favour of the Lord, Lord show me if this choice is good. The Lord showed me and our relationship was tested through 4 years of courtship, during which I lost my job and found it very difficult to even by gas for my car. We stuck together through thick and thin, I was blessed with another job and another car to God's glory. We used to joke that people seeing us now won't understand why I open the car door for her thinking all sorts of wrong things, LoL. We are married now and I still wake up everyday knowing that indeed the Lord has favoured me. wink grin

grin grin grin

Lol @ jumping in with both feet! Yes, it is tricky but there's a way round it.

That aside, lovely story. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Barezzi(m): 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
MarvellousGod:
I met him in my year 1..i was packing into my new lodge(off campus) and he was packing into same lodge in a room opposite mine..he was in 300l then, said he wanted somewhere closer to school hence the change of lodge. ..

We became friends (neighbour things cheesy smiley), he told me stuffs about the school, advised me including making good grades, attending lectures, staying off guys, et al.. Talked me into getting a library card and would ask me if I went to the library each time I came back from school...we really became so close, attended morning mass and other church gatherings together (catholics will understand), I could borrow anything from him including beverages, food stuffs etc likewise him. whenever he had food, I wouldn't bother cooking but would simply eat from his, likewise him. he would flash me in the night to get up and read, we sometimes did night calls just to keep sleep off our eyes..During exams, whoever didn't have an exam for that day did the cooking... I can go on and on, we were the best to each other..he was good to me and I was nice to him.. People thought we were related but when they found out the truth, they strted spying on us.. grin angry

All these while, nothing happened between us(it's hard to believe right? but sincerely nothing did), I never passed the night in his room though stayed late sometimes watching movies or gisting while his door was open....

He finally asked me out in his final year and that was the beginning of our romantic relationship cheesy wink.. I actually knew he had interest in me because of his attitude when other guys pestered me....

Anyway, it's 6yrs now and we are engaged.. he has taken the first step of seeing my parents and we are tying the nut come April. ... smiley

Asked him why he kept disturbing me about studies during my early years in the Uni, he said "he wanted to build his world"...Yeah, we both graduated with excellent grades...

I will catch a bullet anyday for him.. His happiness is my priority. . He's my first and only love kiss kiss kiss smiley smiley
He always says "we will teach the world the meaning of true love".. smiley smiley cry

I pray God always not to let this seed of love in us die but rather get better with time. .. I love you till death sweetheart smiley smiley smiley

Yeah, true love still exists. . cool cool... sorry for the long epistle smiley wink
shocked shocked Wonderful!!!
I cant believe your story brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
Barezzi:

shocked shocked Wonderful!!!
I cant believe your story brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful!
Tears of joy and hope right??Thank you so much... smiley smiley smiley smiley cry
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2015
AyeeIdris:
see all these romantic stories sha.
it was a slow friday at work. so i was surfing the net and playing farmville. got a buzz from someone at a chatting site. we got talking.
he : i live at ......
me: i grew up there.
he: really i stayed at street ...
me: me too
he: serious
me: very
he: i stay at no..... are u alhaji .... daughter? u have a sister named ......
me: yes ooooo
he: then u must know the ........
me : ofcourse ( ii had no idea....
.picks phone and calls my younger sister and asked about the family in question. my sister was the darling of the street then. very cute and friendly . she gave a name ) u have a brother named .......
so thats how we gor talking. turns out we were equally doing masters at lag. me part time, he full time different departments

so we find time to meet one day. i remember my first impression... damn his head is huge... so we got talking and dating. he is the most unromantic person in the world but a jolly good sport for my goofiness. after a year, he said he wanted to meet my mother. i asked for what. he said bush gel, should i not meet ur mum before marrying u. i was like bush man is dat how u ask a girl to marry u? do it properly. i want the whole bended knees. he grumbled something about indian movie corrupting me.
A week later, he asked how i want to be proposed to. annoyed at this point, i told him he should not ask me directly. he should use stealth and make it romantic. he was silent. 2 days later, his friend called and said bros said he should find if i want real or fake roses, cos real roses are expensive for flowers that will soon die. never did get my dream proposal. sigh.
here we are . 3 years now. we have a princess. he is unromantic but he makes an effort and dats all

grin grin grin grin grin

I wish that a good sense of humor will always be part of your marriage and that you will smile and laugh together a lot.

Thanks for sharing. smiley smiley kiss

3 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by LordReed(m): 12:09am On Jan 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

Lol @ jumping in with both feet! Yes, it is tricky but there's a way round it.

That aside, lovely story. cheesy

Thanks! smiley
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by prolify: 12:46am On Feb 03, 2015
Timbuktou:
Otta, 2003: Sunday afternoon, went to drop off dad's car at the mechanic, had no change(bike fare was #30 and I had a #1000 note on me) and decided to enjoy a walk home. I decide to explore a new route and, viola, I come upon a business centre and decide to put a call through to a friend make we for hang out; see we had phones but no airtime in those days.

Someone was on the phone when I got there so, I had to wait my turn. In the meantime, there was a lovely looking gyal sitting by the side eating ofada rice and as I was hungry I asked to join, and with the most dazzling smile made to give me the dish, I said thanks and said I was kidding and asked her name which she told me. So, I put my phone on silent mode, took their phone and dialled my number twice and told them the guy didn't pick, I totally forgot to call my homey.

I get home and dial the number and asked to speak to her, it turns out she was the daughter of the phone centre woman and I only had the chance to chat her up because mom was attending to another customer. Anyway, her mom tells me to call her own phone and I say it's not going through. She hands over the phone to daugjter and I proceed to introduce myself "erm, I'm the guy that asked for rice now now. Please, don't hang up". Somehow, she found it funny angry and the rest is history. We're currently trying for baby number 2. Hehehehe. grin
Walks into thread shocked,gets a chair and popcorn grin,continue reading cheesy
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:50am On Feb 03, 2015
2sExy1:
grin I have since moved on with my life bro. We settled everything last year since 2009. She has been pleading since 2012. she said she is afraid I will harm her. grin and that she doesn't even know if it's cos of what did to me that has been hindering her progress in life. This was last year. Though I had forgiven her but my spirit was still angry . But that anger diffused when she started complaining that I want harm her. I didn't like that feeling. I think that was when I had to let go.

I literally made her feel that way. It's what greed and selfishness cost her. I planted that figment in her subconscious mind.

I am grateful for what God has done so far in my life... And where she is anyway...

It wasn't easy but I thank God for everything.

Some weeks ago she was lamenting on facebook over the same crime she committed. Karma is a biiitch.

The pain and anger was much cos I couldn't revenge plus the fact that I lost a dear soul when she played her mischievous game.

I have stopped talking about it when it became obvious that people were taking notes of my post. Naturally I don't like too many eyes on me but I guess the biitch made me popular lol.

190 had to arrange a meeting so as to help me let go... Slimyem and idowuogbo also scolded me... Chidyhels was always on my case cos of it.... grin thanks to you all.

Life is beautiful when you turn adversity into motivation for existence.

shocked shocked shocked
this is the best news I've heard on Nairaland this year shocked shocked
Jeez! That lady did do a number on you
Thank God you finally let go
welcome to the hall of real men tongue
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by 190: 4:51pm On Feb 03, 2015
alutacontinua:

shocked shocked shocked
grin
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:52pm On Feb 03, 2015
alutacontinua:

shocked shocked shocked
lmaooo!
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by kaboninc(m): 8:31pm On Feb 04, 2015
Mr. Cork...come tell us yours.

Am dying to know how you met her. Did you meet her at Peckham?
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by chubbypearl(f): 11:29am On Feb 14, 2015
read all,liked all and can't wait for mine.Future husband,wherever you are...hurry!

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by TomFord816: 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
It's hard to believe but I met my wife on a dating website https://mymagicbrides.com. I'm a shy man and it's difficult for me to communicate with new people, and she is Russian girl and she really just wanted to speak to an American to practice her English skills. We were talking all night long for a couple months and then I invited her to come to me. She agreed)))
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by piscesgem(m): 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Met my wife in her aunty's place who happen to be a family friend...just liked her first time i saw her that was in 2006...we became Friends and told her my intentions in 2007, took a long 2months before she accepted...fast forward to 2014 december we tied the knot
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by MzCorleone(f): 9:21pm On Feb 16, 2015
Beautiful stories,i pray God continues to give u all more beautiful stories to share and inspire people and i pray we singles get our own beautiful stories soon cheesygrin

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Toluadesanya: 9:56am On Mar 16, 2015
I love this thread....how we met our spouses
I could remember the day I met Tokunbo in the banking hall early 2011. I realized I forgot my ATM card at home when I got to the bank and out of annoyance had to join the long queue for withdrawal and when it was almost my turn, this guy just came from nowhere and went straight to the cashier and was attended to. I was so angry with him that even when he asked for my pen, I snubbed him but he was only smiling at my naughtiness. When he was through, he came to my side and said “No doubt you are a pretty lady but a little patience will save you a lot of stress in life”. I just hissed and ignored him.
Barely two months later, I was to spend the weekend with my brother’ family and called him to come and pick me after work. He said he didn’t go to work with his car but his friend had volunteered to drop us both in his house. Initially, my brother used to talk about his doctor friend and colleague in his clinic that I was yet to meet. To my greatest surprise, the same guy I was rude to in the banking hall is the guy my brother used to talk about.
When my brother did the introduction, Tokunbo was just smiling without knowing he told my brother about the incident that same day. My brother later got to know I was the naughty lady and we all laughed over it.
Tokunbo and I became very good friends afterward. When he asked me out, I boldly spelt out NO to him because marriage was the last thing on my mind-wasn’t ready for it then. I know he must have prayed to GOD about me because GOD dealt with me-HE softens my heart and gave me a word. I finally said YES to him after ten months, by then I was so much convinced that God choose him for me. Tokunbo is bold,firm, patient and matured-those are part of the things I so much loved about him.We got engaged on my birthday in 2012 and walk down the aisle in 2013.It will be two years in August and God has blessed us with a set of twin-hyperactive boys....lol

24 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by maryapple: 8:39am On Mar 25, 2015
My story is about borders crossing. Generally I think that the love doesn’t have ‘borders’! It doesn’t matter at all, who or how old you are! The most important is the real feelings which you feel to each other! For example, I can tell about my love-story! Once I met man in the site and, at first, he was friend for me, in spite of difference in age! I’m 20, he’s 40 years old! After several time, these relations became a little other! We understood that it’s love… I thought that he’s my ‘fate’ and that better than he there isn’t. We were married 7 years. Unfortunately, our ways have parted! But it isn’t ‘tragedy’, because the life continues! I wait for new meetings! The main is experience in our life, we learn from our mistakes! I’m not sorry about these relations! I’m glad that I met this ‘wonderful man’! And if someone is looking for wonderful women - try Russian brides agency http://www.bridge-of-love.com/ and be happy! =)

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
Kentucky fried chicken grin

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by ADEBOSOLA123: 10:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
InZA:

I find it "interesting" that people often suggest the bolded, but my concern is, we are not talking about changing cars, or shoes or kitchen wares, these are actual, living, breathing people with the capacity to feel hurt, dejected, frustrated and a whole lot of other emotions that find themselves rooted in heart breaks/breakups and the moving on decision.

That said, I really understand what you're saying, you've made really strong points. Summarily, I think my fear is the thought of being responsible for breaking someone's heart.... I detest the thought of that and believe you me it's not because I'm a people pleaser, neither is it because I want to remain perpetually in people's good graces. But that's just me.... I'd rather not go into a relationship than go into one that might end up with me likely breaking her heart. That's just me

I like this .i tink i will lyk to be ur friend.

I'm queer I know embarassed
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by InZA: 10:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=ADEBOSOLA123 post=41222226][/quote]

I'm ready whenever you are. smiley
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by bellong: 1:36am On Mar 28, 2017
sweetwuraola:
Wonderful stories, wish I have one to tell.. Hmmmm, love is a beautiful thng.

Happy birthday.. wishing you a prosperous year ahead..

May you fulfill God's purpose.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Juliearth(f): 5:48am On Mar 28, 2017
Awww!!! I love love stories...#spreadsMat
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by austine4real(m): 7:28am On Mar 28, 2017
sweetwuraola:
Wonderful stories, wish I have one to tell.. Hmmmm, love is a beautiful thng.

hppy brthdayto u

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by emmasmith1030: 8:05am On Mar 28, 2017
I love love stories!! smiley
http://www.olgabloch.com/
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by AutoshalomUSA: 12:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
Aisha , when can we meet ?
Gods time could be our time !
Where are you located ?
aishaquest:
I haven't met him yet...at least not that I know of. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts / Father In Tears As DNA Test Confirms Four Out Of Five Children Are Not His / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.